Search results

1. Skrymr

Case of Xenoglossy: Coma Victim Wakes Speaking French

English is a very lazy tongue to speak too It was after Viral Encephalitis my language ability really kicked off, hmmmm
  2. Skrymr

Long term yes, short term memory can be awful for me
  3. Skrymr

I'm one of those people. I recently started learning Swedish and it didn't take long at all for me to get fluent in the course material. I also once picked up Italian to the point where I could haggle in the markets after only a few days of being there
  4. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

Life has been moving fast and I've gone and got myself engaged :D
  5. Skrymr

Personal Perception Of Time: Ongoing Anomaly

It might be stress, but also being shaken with enough force might cause a brain injury too. it's worth getting checked
  6. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

Defintely. And I may have also had a couple creme eggs too
  7. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

Studio catalogue sent me an easter egg hamper worth £20 for free. I've already demolished the bag of mini eggs that was in there, saves buying the kids eggs too haha
  8. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

Found the mrs a lovely Ibanez RG450, so I'm decluttering some old guitars to get my own, a JEM or Jackson soloist. I need a floating trem dammit
  9. Skrymr

What Are Your Other Interests Besides Paranormal Stuff?

Fishing/camping/hunting, powerlifting, reading and playing guitar Edit: I forgot the whole painting thing I like to do too
  10. Skrymr

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Getting the step kiddo lunch and down for a nap
  11. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

On Sunday I hit 70kg Squat, 65kg bench, 157.5kg deadlift, I may have qualified for nationals off of deadlift, and I'm going for another competition in May
  12. Skrymr

Stuff You've Just Bought

2kg of unflavoured collagen protein powder 1kg chocolate protein powder jar of powdered peanut butter 1kg tub of peanut butter 1kg creatine 2 x 250ml bottles of liquid chalk Shaker bottle Soooooooo I'm all set on the gains/weightlifting
  13. Skrymr

Let's Get To Know (and possibly see) Our Fellow Forteans

Oh yes! Loud socks add 10kg to every lift :D
  14. Skrymr

It's called alternate grip :D There's 3 grip styles for deadlift, double over hand which unless you're a strongman competitor is the weakest, then hook grip which involves trapping your thumb between bar and fingers but is really strong, and alternate, which is just as strong and stops the bar...
  15. Skrymr

One of my proudest moments, from the start of December! 147.5kg deadlift. Hopefully be my opener in February
  16. Skrymr

Reincarnation

Ah I didn't know that! Funny how the belief has been around for millennia and across different religions
  17. Skrymr

Reincarnation

In the various Heathen religions there's a belief in reincarnation in the family line
  18. Skrymr

Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

I can put that away piss easy
  19. Skrymr

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

I had a bit of a cheese haul too. 3 wheels of brie for £1 each,tons of blue cheese, a red Leicester with chillies in etc :D
  20. Skrymr

Looks like next week is moving week for me. I've got a list of stuff I need to get sorted once I'm done with this panic
  21. Skrymr

Stuff You've Just Bought

I mix it with milk, or stir it into my oats. Helps with muscle repair after lifting weights :D I'm just getting mine ready for lining with beeswax!
  22. Skrymr

What's Your Ringtones & Why?

I've got a tangerine dream vinyl somewhere! It's very much in that vein :D
  23. Skrymr

Monthly cheat meal day: 2 chicken and brie sandwiches with mustard and mayo, "sharing" bag of peanut M&M's, crisps, bar of nougat
  24. Skrymr

What's Your Ringtones & Why?

Because I'm kind of a Mass Effect fanatic
  25. Skrymr

Walking Blindfolded Into The Future

In all seriousness though I do understand the use for it, I would rather have to opt in to use it, than opt out though
  26. Skrymr

asefnoi 'pn rt'mmmmmmmmmmmm weweeeeee Sorry, I was trying to type whilst blindfolded
  27. Skrymr

Yes, if you've got a smart phone you should have a google account, so it's: Turn Location History on or off You can turn off Location History for your account at any time. If you use a work or school account, your administrator needs to make this setting available for you. If they do so, you...
  28. Skrymr

Stuff You've Just Bought

I mean you can snort protein powder, you probably shouldn't though!
  29. Skrymr

Stuff You've Just Bought

2kg of collagen protein powder, so nothing interesting!
  30. Skrymr

What Music?

31. Skrymr

Moving soon, so I was taking stock of what I can leave packed to pick up later and what I want to move in with me immediately.
  32. Skrymr

Can Anyone Identify This Spider?

It was at an invert show :D so spider nuts bought them! There was a time you could actually sell the false widows pretty quick but as they're really easy to breed demand for them dropped to 0
  33. Skrymr

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

I have been in every menu possible and for the life of me, even a hunt online hasn't turned anything up. It drives me mad sometimes
  34. Skrymr

Yeah, I have to use 2 remotes in a particular order to watch TV, and the "smart" set top box one is anything but. And also why does my bastard TV (or maybe the set top box? I don't even know) like to turn itself off? There's a quick flash up of a message and then it's off, way too quick to pull...
  35. Skrymr

Can Anyone Identify This Spider?

I caught a Steatoda grossa in my shed a few years a go, with an egg sac. She lived happily off crickets and the egg sac was viable. Sold 50 false widows at £3 each
  36. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

GPC Membership and nationals qualifier sorted. Squat, bench, deadlift. 5 more weeks of build up. I simultaneously can't wait and the nerves have started :D
  37. Skrymr

What's The Point?

Stuff's stuff. I'm under no illusions things will end up in a charity shop or whatever when I'm dead. If I can pass things on to loved ones so they can get the same enjoyment from it when I'm gone then that would be brilliant. A little bit of me still living on maybe. I mean, even if there's...
  38. Skrymr

What Did You Get For Christmas 2018?

A few books. The Girl With All The Gifts, The Boy On The Bridge, Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology, 500 Words You Should Know
  39. Skrymr

I was dumb and thought I would be okay to skip a proper breakfast before I went to the gym because I really didn't want to eat. Ended up seeing stars on my deadlift working sets. Still got everything done but lesson learned I suppose
  40. Skrymr

100g of ASDA protein oaties with 300ml of unsweetened almond milk Pint of Breyers cookies and cream Pizza and chips. Leg day has turned me into a bottomless pit
  41. Skrymr

I got a load of board games, a miniature train set and pretty big teddy for my gf's kids
  42. Skrymr

I got an Under Armour Compression top for one whole pound. Still had the tags on too!
  43. Skrymr

Been reading my build up for my first serious full power competition in February. I'm adding 2.5kg every week to bench, same for squats except with 20kg chains added because why not... And I'm increasing my deadlift by 15kg every week. So that's gonna be fun :D
  44. Skrymr

Getting my stuff ready for the 3.5 mile walk to the gym
  45. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

I won an official strong man games t shirt signed by Eddie Hall :D
  46. Skrymr

Huh. I know what I'm doing next time at the coast. For science or something, I suppose
  47. Skrymr

Chilli cous cous. 250g lean beef mince in it and spicy enough to strip paint :D
  48. Skrymr

The Unwhinge Thread

Still maintaining 80-81kg bodyweight and roughly 15% bodyfat even with having to eat everything. A few years a go if anyone said to me I would be 12 stone 9 and active as all hell I would have laughed at them :D
  49. Skrymr

Everything! Chicken and stuffing sandwich, eggs with mustard mayo and a can of monster, also had a bar of dairy milk and dairy milk caramel. And I've still got 1000 calories for dinner :rollingw:
  50. Skrymr

Learning to play Dreaming Neon Black by Nevermore. It's not even a difficult song but I had a bit of a mental block on it. Fatigue won out I guess hahaha