Search results

1. Ringo

Monuments Commemorating Fortean Phenomena & Incidents

I tried to visit it last year when I happened to be in Ängelholm but the weather kept me firmly in the car and as time was short, I had to give it a miss.
  2. Ringo

Birds Aren't Real

Gonna need a higher wall to stop those dirty Mexican birds from flying in. This wall will have to go all the way up to the sky.
  3. Ringo

Cannock Chase

I visited two years ago and enjoyed having a nosey around. Didn't experience anything unusual but just enjoyed being on the Fortran trail.
  4. Ringo

Fred Krueger Haunts My Dreams!

I dreamed of him once when I was a young teenager. My sister and her boyfriend were watching one of the movies guring the school summer holidays and I watched it too. It wasn't scary as such but a few months later, I dreamed that I was in my kitchen talking to my sister and he turned up. He was...
  5. Ringo

What TV Are You Watching?

We finished Series 1 last night. It was just as good as I remembered although some of the twists came back to me as we were watching. Lorne Malvo is the most wonderfully creepy and sinister character I have seen. Postman: This is highly irregular. Malvo: No, highly irregular is the time I found...
  6. Ringo

My Curious Phobia (Trypophobia)

I didn't realise I had Trypophobia until about a year (or maye two) ago. It's almost always in nature that I find it repulsive. Small holes in man made objects are fine but in organic materials I find it deeply disturbing and repulsive. It's as if there are small things in each hole, waiting to...
  7. Ringo

The Transdimensional Gas Station

@IbisNibs LOL - Thank you so much. I have downloaded that and I will be printing it out and framing it. Honestly - thank you. That really made my day. Can I double like that post? Well yes I can, if I use all my personalities.
  8. Ringo

Well I'll be passing Mjölby again in a few weeks so I'm on track to break the world record for "The Highest number of journey deviations to look for an invisible place". In fact, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that I am the World Record holder when it comes to "The highest number of journeys...
  9. Ringo

In Soft Water (Scat Warning)

The North East - the tap water smells so strongly of chlorine that it could be pumped straight from the local swimming baths. Other places up North it can smell of Sulphur. We usually do a large roadtrip around England every couple of years and we avoid all tap water just to avoid the kids...
  10. Ringo

I agree completely even though it works out longer. Two episodes of GoT or Fargo (as we are now watching for a 2nd time) works out at 2 hours - about the same as watching a movie. But two episodes seems more manageable that committing to a whole movie. Strange.
  11. Ringo

In Soft Water (Scat Warning)

Whenever I go back to blighty I have to buy bottled water. Tap water in the UK smells and tastes so bad to me now. (If it's not chlorine then it's sulphur). I always get the runs from it but I also come out immediately in spots on my face. It feels perculiar to visit my childhood home and not...
  12. Ringo

Avoiding Carbohydrates

On my own initiative, I cut out a lot of sugar and carbs from my diet a number of years ago and lost (gradually) about 10 kilos (22 lbs). I skipped sugar in my tea/coffee, changed to diet soda and cut out all sweets, candies, crisps and desserts except for special occasions and parties. I only...
  13. Ringo

Things You Never Thought You'd See

My family and I have a discussion about this and I had a "lightbulb" moment. My daughter (11 years old) is writing an essay on a couple of twin sisters who are 100 years old. My daughter said, "Wouldn't it be amazing to time travel into the future and see how things will be in 100 or 200 years...
  14. Ringo

What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

I have been talking to myself. But no need to call the men in white coats (yet), I'm just rehearsing for some shows. But it is a very strange process of gesticulating, talking loudly and prancing about in your own kitchen when there's no one else there.
  15. Ringo

Was There A Dimensional Shift After The Turn Of The Century?

Have we gone all Back to the Future 2? With Biff as President?
  16. Ringo

Stranger Things

We binged Season 3 when it was released back in July but I forgot to come here and complain about it. So I'll keep it short. I didn't like one thing about it. Season 1 was brilliant. Season 2 was fun but lacked a plot. Season 3 was dreadful.
  17. Ringo

Star Wars

Or will it be the easy way out and we find out that Luke is Rey's father, leading to a new classic "Rey, I am your Father" line?
  18. Ringo

Material That Self-Destructs (Decomposes) On Command After Use

Well quite. I also thought of stage uses immediately. The onslaught of technology is an ever discussed topic amongst magicians. Right now we all have devices with us that are Wi-fi/Bluetooth enabled; phones, watches, scanners, printers etc. We are having to constantly add more "convincers" (as...
  19. Ringo

Material That Self-Destructs (Decomposes) On Command After Use

This is one of the most exciting things I have read in ages. Scientists have created a material that can vanish into thin air on command. Without leaving residue or a pile of goo. WOW!
  20. Ringo

Star Wars

I was going to suggest that Skywalker may mean "orphan" - as in free to roam the stars without a home. Game of Thrones orphans from the North are all called Snow. What if the surname Skywalker is given to children without parnents but who turn to the force for guidance (Luke, Rey etc). But then...
  21. Ringo

Seeing The Same Stranger Everywhere

She interacted with others on the tram and others were aware of her presence. The reason I noticed her on the tram (besides sitting opposite her) is that I was on the way to a book release party and she looked similar to one of the co-authors of the book. I had never met that author before (I'm...
  22. Ringo

Seeing The Same Stranger Everywhere

Tonight while travelling into town, I was sat opposite a girl on the tram. We both got off at the same station and changed platforms to the subway system. We stood on the same platform about 20 metres apart. I/We got on the train but in seperate carriages. After travelling 3 stops, I looked out...
  23. Ringo

Am I Going A Bit Strange?

Me too. I can't really hear them but my mind makes the noise inside my head - kind of like if you sing a song in your head. You can "hear" it but your ears aren't involved.
  24. Ringo

Is Sunday The Dullest Day Of The Week?

So, 10 years on...how do Sundays feel now? Well I have remedied the job situation so I have no feelings of dread on Sundays anymore. My weekends are very pleasant indeed. Yesterday, for example, I had a little bit of a lie in (8.00 to be precise), coached a match for my girls football team...
  25. Ringo

Fargo is amazing. Penny Dreadful was hard to finish, the 2nd series dragged on a bit and didn't really match up to the 1st. I can't watch Kirsten Dunst without thinking of something I read ages ago. When shes looking at a co-actor, close-up, she looks from one of their eyes to the other. That...
  26. Ringo

Just finished watching the 2nd series of Mindhunter on Netflix. Dark, dark stuff but a great TV show. Not sure if I enjoyed the ending but I suppose it is based on a true story so they held true to reality.
  27. Ringo

So, What Have You Been Doing Today ?

Thanks Shady. I've had a very long summer break (in which we moved house) and so today was really a day for taking stock of where I am in my work schedule. The answer is "floundering hopelessly". But coffee and biscuits will keep my end up... WOOF!
  28. Ringo

So, What Have You Been Doing Today ?

Today I have been paralysed into doing not very much at all because of how much I have to do. I've got mountains of stuff to get through - some of it fun and creative but some of it just downright tedious, experimental and unquantifiable. I don't know where to begin. I have one seriously heavy...
  29. Ringo

I have driven those roads in order to add more information to a thread which was abandoned by the OP years ago. I'm just looking at the area involved in the story as you would maybe visit Whitechapel after hearing of the Ripper Murders. The difference being that a lot of you could access...
  30. Ringo

Scandinavian Ghost Rockets / Bombs (Sweden; 1946)

I've posted about Ghost Rockets and a TV documentary on the subject but I don't remember in which thread. There were some excellent sightings of "rockets" slowing down, turning and landing in lakes. Some crashed into them but some landed and became submerged.
  31. Ringo

Not Very Interesting Things That Happened Today

Stitches out and finger healing nicely, we took the kids canoeing and camped on a little island for the night. An island of horrors!!! There were the usual flies and mosquitos but also tons of ticks. I had a pee behind a tree and when I emerged I had 7 ticks crawling on my left leg. I hate ticks...
  32. Ringo

That sounds promising. I hope it's not permanent. I read last night that a severed nerve can regenerate up to 1 mm per day.
  33. Ringo

We'll have to see but luckily I don't do sleight of hand, more sleight of mind.
  34. Ringo

A not very interesting thing that happened (about 10 days ago) for me was that I nearly ripped my index finger off. I was putting a trampoline together in the garden and one of the springs got away from me. The hooked end ripped right through my right index finger width ways. It looked like...
  35. Ringo

Amateur Paranormal Investigators: Role; Motive; Ability; Value

But, ignoring everything I've said so far, it is a ton of fun to do something so out of the ordinary as Ghost Hunting. It is a little suburban adventure to add some excitement on an otherwise boring Friday night. We maybe need to see it for what it is (cheap thrills) and just ignore the actual...
  36. Ringo

He also needed a bigger boat. I agree with your point as regards Nick Redfern being a knowledge bank but an expert in case cross-referencing is not the same as active scientific research. I'm not banging on about scientific method as the only valid approach as I've been on countless...
  37. Ringo

The Problem With British Ghosthunting

I have argued until I'm blue in the face that Ghost hunting methodology is totally wrong and is just copied from what people have seen on TV. My main gripe is night vision IR cameras, EMF meters and Zoom/Digital recorders. Can any one person tell me why we do ghost hunting in the dark? With an...
  38. Ringo

I totally agree with this and for this reason alone I stopped all my interaction with a Paranormal Investigation group. The group was made up entirely of people with low educational merits and all were suffering from physical and/or psychological health problems. They had all experienced things...
  39. Ringo

Stranger Things 3 was a huge let down for me. There was no story line. 11 should have bled to death with her constant nose bleeding. Chernobyl was excellent although I didn't experience it as cinematic - I thought it looked rather a low cost production (a few of the sets were dodgy) but that...
  40. Ringo

Ticks With Lyme Disease Are Pentagon Experiment

Ticks are really common here in Sweden and anyone spending the summer in the countrysode is advised to get a jab against getting Encephalitis. It can also cause meningitis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick-borne_encephalitis The recommended tick removal method here is to use tweezers, press...
  41. Ringo

Haunted Workplaces?

Reading the above post back, I remember once again hearing the stories but my work in this field since posting has made the story seem even more improbable, if not impossibe. I'll have to subject my elderly mother to some tough interrogation when I see her again.
  42. Ringo

Computer Help

Ideally, plug and unplug. I want to connect my old printer to my broadband hub but also use it as hard connection if the need arises. It would look nicer to have two wall mounted sockets but much easier to just run the cable through and use the sort of plates you suggested. Maybe a bit overkill...
  43. Ringo

Computer Help

This might be hard to explain but does anyone know of an Ethernet wall socket which has a female connection on the room side of the wall but also a female on the inside? As in, not having to strip and hard wire the cable on the inside but just plug in another ethernet cable. I want to patch...
  44. Ringo

Things Nobody Knows—And Nobody Ever Will

I took your advice and listened to that today. There were a few things there that I didn't know so it was a fun listen. But I have to admit that the hosts tone and meter was hard to listen to.
  45. Ringo

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk

I think our British fascination with alcohol stems from a deep unhappiness with real life - an ingrained pessimism exasperated by the bad weather on a rain drenched island. Genuinely I do. I have thought about this in depth having worked with selling alcohol for many years in the UK and Europe...
  46. Ringo

Ties

:rim: I thang you
  47. Ringo

Things Nobody Knows—And Nobody Ever Will

Tamam Shud/The Somerton Man is one that always sticks with me. I love telling people about it because it seems so far fetched and made up but of course isn't. Elisa Lam - scary because we can see her last moments play out in a kind of chilling voyeuristic way. Mary Celeste - a classic which...
  48. Ringo

Quitters & Shape-Shifters: Last Words & Reincarnations

Is that where we get "the butt of the joke" i.e. the target of the joke?
  49. Ringo

Ties

A little side note - I still get a thrill of excitement when I read about gentlemen making notes with a pencil on their cuffs. It took me a while to realise that cuffs, like collars, we detachable from the shirt and interchangeable. So a man about town could write things on his cuff without...
  50. Ringo

Oak Island Money Pit

I struggled with the last season. I must admit that I wasn't as gripped as usual. They have found some genuinely significant and interesting stuff in Smith's Cove. Laird Niven (complete with NUFC cap) must be really happy - if not frustrated by the the lack of interest from the rest of the team...