Search results

1. Kryptonite

FT385

I found it today, on a shelf along with fashion magazines! I think the staff are playing some elaborate joke on FT buyers.
  2. Kryptonite

FT385

Usually they have it on a Thursday, they're usually putting their magazines on the shelves when I'm on my way to work in the morning, but for some reason it's always in a different place: it's been in with the politics magazines, tucked in behind Nexus, in the comics section, and next to Viz...
  3. Kryptonite

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Lapsang Souchon tea and a packet of beef Space Raiders. If anyone has had a more unlikely combination of foods recently, I'd love to hear it.
  4. Kryptonite

FT385

Anyone else having trouble finding the latest issue? My usual vendor - a train station WH Smith's- doesn't have any, and I had a very thorough look for it (which I usually need to do since they seem to shelve it in a different place each month).
  5. Kryptonite

What Have You Been Doing Today ?

What a lovely thing for them to do. Hope you're doing well, Shady.
  6. Kryptonite

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Only one way to find out...!
  7. Kryptonite

The —ing Game

Coming soon to a cinema near you: Cary Grant and Douglas Fairbanks enjoy some Indian food in Gunga Dining.
  8. Kryptonite

My day so far 3am - I awake, strangely hungry. A wander around the house and a look out of the window for a while take my mind off it and I go back to sleep. 6.25 am - I wake again, after an unsettling dream about lizards, but drift off to sleep again. 850am - Awake properly this time. I...
  9. Kryptonite

TV & Movie Clichés

No-one ever stalls their car, unless it's part of a montage of minor incidents used to illustrate that a character is having a bad day.
  10. Kryptonite

TV & Movie Clichés

As Neil Morrissey points out in an episode of Men Behaving Badly, no-one on TV ever catches the pocket of their cardigan on a door handle or walks into a room and forgets why they've done so.
  11. Kryptonite

Something New Every Day: Random & Newly Found Facts

Embarrassing anecdote : As a youth, I thought the face in the KFC logo was Ronnie Barker.
  12. Kryptonite

The —ing Game

The Manning Who Would Be King A moving drama in which Bernard Manning leads a revolution and overthrows the British Royal Family, pronouncing himself King and sitting on a throne in his underpants, while making comments about ethnic minorities that even Prince Philip thinks are going a bit...
  13. Kryptonite

The —ing Game

Dogging Soldiers A couple of squaddies make some lovely new friends when they visit a public park late at night.
  14. Kryptonite

Time races past the event horizon of youth into the black hole of middle-age. Or something.

Time races past the event horizon of youth into the black hole of middle-age. Or something.
  15. Kryptonite

Competitions

A friend of mine won an flatscreen telly in a Christmas Eve raffle in work a few years ago. Luckily he was able to make it to Cash Converters before they closed, and sold it for enough cash to keep him happily drunk over the festive period.
  16. Kryptonite

My Personal Heresy

Must admit, I do like Seinfeld. Not Going Out, though, I think is a load of old hooey.
  17. Kryptonite

My Personal Heresy

I think Friends is staggeringly unfunny. There. I said it.
  18. Kryptonite

My Personal Heresy

I genuinely enjoy the Style Council more than the Jam.
  19. Kryptonite

Inappropriate Toileting

Anecdote: About 1996/97 a friend and I used to get the bus home together after work every day. One dark winter evening, the bus arrived and was unusually crowded - the front of the bus was crammed full. I noticed that the seats at the back were all empty and pointed it out to my mate. We...
  20. Kryptonite

My Personal Heresy

You are not alone. I've never read the books, never seen the films, and don't plan to.
  21. Kryptonite

My Personal Heresy

Everyone I know considers him to be hilarious. I think he's as funny as someone leaving a vet's surgery with an empty pet carrier. I think I'll now have "for mash, get Smash" playing in my head for the rest of the day! :p
  22. Kryptonite

My Personal Heresy

I prefer Smash to real mashed potato and don't find Kevin Bridges funny.
  23. Kryptonite

Usborne's 'Unexplained' Series & Other Books

Saw this in Waterstones today, and it looks lovely. Hopefully it will intrigue and scare a whole new generation of kiddies now!
  24. Kryptonite

What Are You Wearing?

One blue tshirt, one pair blue jeans, grey underthings and socks, contact lenses and a watch.
  25. Kryptonite

And so to bed. G'night all.

And so to bed. G'night all.
  26. Kryptonite

Random/Peculiar Images

I've actually just noticed that he seems to be levitating too. Appalling conduct, especially when that poor guy in the foreground just wants to lie down and have a nap.
  27. Kryptonite

Random/Peculiar Images

Four-armed mutant football hooligans on the loose- able to hurl four beer bottles full of piss at once in the direction of a family who just thought it would be a nice day to go and watch a game of football with the kids. I obscured this guy's face in case there are any legal repercussions for...
  28. Kryptonite

I was standing in the queue in the local B&M earlier, looking around idly when my eyes lit on a pile of reduced price Pot Noodles teetering unsteadily against some wobbly-looking shelves. It occurred to me that the foul snacks were in what I think would be the exact place where, way back in...
  29. Kryptonite

What Are You Wearing?

My night wear, which consists of Asda shorts and a tshirt bearing the smiling face of the popular TV character Fonzie out of Happy Days.
  30. Kryptonite

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I dreamed that my bathroom at home had been confiscated and I'd been given a cubicle in a library toilet instead. As David Bowie once said 'it's all very puzzling'.
  31. Kryptonite

TV & Movie Clichés

Whenever anyone picks up a knife, no matter what kind of surface it is resting on, it will always make that slidy metallic noise.
  32. Kryptonite

TV & Movie Clichés

Cars which end up upside-down will always explode. But not right away- there's always a brief pause for the viewer to focus on the car first before it turns into a ball of flame.
  33. Kryptonite

Giving Up On FT

Give Alan Moore 6 pages to write on any subject he wants and I'm sure it'll sell a good few more copies than usual. Has there ever been an article about Moore's novel Jerusalem? I really enjoyed the book, and am always interested in hearing what others thought of it. Alan's late friend Steve...
  34. Kryptonite

Girlfriend in a Cromer, I know it's serious.

Girlfriend in a Cromer, I know it's serious.
  35. Kryptonite

The Most Frightening Or Unnerving Song

A story I heard recently on Robert Plant's podcast: a few years ago he was seeing a woman who didn't know much of his music. He played her a few songs then put on Led Zeppelin's epic but very intense Achilles Last Stand before going into the kitchen to fetch something. A few minutes later...
  36. Kryptonite

When I was about 17, I was listening to the Doors in my bedroom one afternoon when there was a sudden downpour outside despite the skies being bright and fairly clear. Riders on the Storm came on and the effect of the song playing with the noise of rain outside and the bright day was very...
  37. Kryptonite

A hugely underrated album, and the Hearts Filthy Lesson is, in my opinion, one of the greatest things he recorded.
  38. Kryptonite

Giving Up On FT

The Tamam Shud article was really interesting, I enjoyed that one a lot. Although I don't buy every issue, if I flick through it in a shop and see something interesting, I'll buy it, even if it's only a short thing I could get away with reading in the shop, cos at the end of the day, I'd...
  39. Kryptonite

Giving Up On FT

I just searched online, and think it might have been Uri Geller's Encounters, which was published in 1996. To get the thread back on topic, my attitude to FT over the past few years has been similar to Frideswide's, as posted above : I buy some issues depending on how much the main stories...
  40. Kryptonite

Giving Up On FT

There was a paranormal magazine around 1997 which gave away a quartz crystal with every copy that they said had been charged up by Uri Geller. Can't remember the name of the mag, does it ring any bells with anyone?
  41. Kryptonite

Anniversaries

It was my first anniversary of being a member here on Sunday, I got a trophy point for it. Didn't realise it was a year, thanks to all of you for being so friendly and welcoming!
  42. Kryptonite

How's The Weather Outside Today?

Pretty much constant rain all day, although fairly warm. The kind of weather where, no matter what you wear, you're not gonna be comfortable.
  43. Kryptonite

Random/Peculiar Images

A panel from an old Angel and the Ape comic which appears to show Bernard Bresslaw and Jon Pertwee admiring some ladies in a strip club. The guy on the left looks as though he's intended to be someone too- any ideas?
  44. Kryptonite

Electric Chair / Act Of God?

The 'Act of God' reprieve is also a major plot point in the utterly fantastic New Statesman special 'Who Shot Alan B'Stard'.
  45. Kryptonite

Word of the day - "oleaginous", ADJ. oily, producing oil.

Word of the day - "oleaginous", ADJ. oily, producing oil.
  46. Kryptonite

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

I used to work in a building that was in a red-light district many years ago. A colleague of mine left work late one night and took a shortcut up a side-street to the train station. As he walked past a doorway, he saw a woman crouched down defecating. A mere couple of minutes later, he...
  47. Kryptonite

Random/Peculiar Images

I've never saw anyone buy it, but I have saw a few people smirking while taking a pic of it in the aisle (just like I did).
  48. Kryptonite

Random/Peculiar Images

My local supermarket sells this....
  49. Kryptonite

Lookalikes

Steve Rider and Davros