Search results

1. B

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

First of all I admit I'm an 80 year old computeridiot. I was not raised during the computer age and by the time I had my first computer experience I was near retirement from 42 tears in the education field. Anyway, to get to the point, I live in an old 1857 brick, three story, house. We...
  2. B

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Sir Arther was really into the paranormal during his time defending the Cotterly girls fairy photographs. So maybe he did have a go at the pub.
  3. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Sometimes it is difficult to know whether and experience is a ghost or just a very realistic dream.
  4. B

Wales? Sure, A good friend of ours. recently deceased, had come over here from Wales. Name of Polly Cornish.
  5. B

Wow! Dick, I own a 10 inch starliner, Never used it for gazing eathbound heavenly bodies but I reckon it would do. Just kidding. Darn few structures on this side of the pond that old (I guess there are a few on the coast' bur very few in Ohio. My house is considered old...
  6. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

If you ever experience a ghost you will know it. It won't likely be scary. In fact you will probably think, "What the devil..?. did I just see. It won.t be like TV or the movies.
  7. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

There is a basic truth that for someone to believe in "ghosts", they must see one. That was true in my case and in the experiences of several friends. As far as seeing things in the sky. I was driving one evening when a was certain I was seeing a flying disk. It was large, it was moving and...
  8. B

Thylacines & Thylacoleos: Pre-1936 & Genetic Ethics

If they want to try and bring Taz back; I'm all for it. If Taz is still around, adding a few to its numbers can't hurt. The exercise would also aid in bringing back other species that humans have rendered extinct.
  9. B

The second episode, a few nights later. My dog and I were alone in the house, My wife was staying with my goddaughter until she could walk better. My goddaughter's house is modern and on one floor, Anyway I had just turned in for the night, not quite 10pm. Shadow was curled up on her pillow in...
  10. B

I said I had had a couple weird episodes during my absence on line. Neither was especially extra ordinary. But I did say I'd report anything I considered weird .Both occurred in the upstairs main bedroom. I turned in about 9 o'clock and immediately noticed the bed shaking; kind of like someone...
  11. B

Sorry I've been absent so long. First it was problems with the password. Then my wife went through a sick spell, leaving me t o run her store alone. I finally had to scrap the old computer and buy a Lap Top. It works differently from my old computer and it is taking a bit of time learning to...
  12. B

By the way my thanking the "Guys" was not intended to be gender specific.
  13. B

OK.....THANKS GUYS. I didn't even realize I'd hit the comma instead of the period. I guess it all comes to being a Neanderthal and old to boot. Golden years my aunt fanny. Put it off as long as possible.
  14. B

lb8535: I tried to log in. I did everything they said needed to be done; however, the action was cancelled (I tried twice)' my email ************. I've had this E mail for years; but this site refuses to accept it. I have no other Email. After the change over takes place, perhaps you can just...
  15. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

RAM: You have a point. Even Scrooge blamed Marley on a "bit of undigested beef"/
  16. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Krepostnoi: I'm at a total loss here. Care to fill me in? Are the Fortean Times Forums about to go belly up? What good does the emergency email do?
  17. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

I say Congratulations, Coal. You are obviously not typical. Good open mind. I was basically typical until my new bride and I moved into a honest to goodness, haunted house. That was in the boone docks of West Virginia almost 50years ago.
  18. B

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

The funny thing is: Nobody believes in Ghosts (in any form) until they see or experience one. That's usually all it takes to make a believer out of them. The question remains just what are they??? Some high emotions are recorded somewhere in the environment and replay they are remnants of...
  19. B

Thr shades have stopped. At least for now. I have no idea why. My personal pets have all been schnauzers. So far none of the shadows' appear to be schnauzers, they were quite realistic for a brief moment or two. We had a jack russell type when we first moved in. My wife and I saw him on several...
  20. B

Cannabis Is Good For You

Wacky Tobaccy worries me because I know for a fact that it is habit forming. Actually it is just about the same as tobacco in that sense. Then again, I belong to a much older generation and weed was a real demon for us. Each generation has to learn for themselves if the "medicine' is worth it.
  21. B

Catseye: I have no real idea what to think. When the wife and I first moved to this house we were visited by what I think was a Jack Russell dog. It would appear and disappear in just a few moments. In my lifetime I have owned 7 dogs, all Schnauzers. Six have lived and died at this house. Upon...
  22. B

Cannabis Is Good For You

Ok Bless my cotton socks. Here is my natural cold preventive. You have to be pretty regular with using it; especially the first year or so. People have tried this have told me it worked for them. The main ingredient is oderless garlic. For the first year you need to take 20 gel pills a day. If...
  23. B

While it is true that I do not see as well as I did when younger. With glasses I'm still rated 20/20. The bathroom in my house was put in only 15 years ago. It was made from an upstairs bedroom. My house was built in 1857; that is before the civil war. Originally it had no indoor toilets. When...
  24. B

Cannabis Is Good For You

Weed, the new wonder drug. The only wonder is who it'll make rich and who it'll totally wreck. I hope I never need anything stronger than aspirin.
  25. B

Cannabis Is Good For You

My own doctor admits that Big Pharma is primarily interested masking symptoms; they have very little incentive to actually cure anything. The big money is in doctoring symptoms. He suspects there are cures out there for several maladies but cures kill the bottom line. That's one major reason I...
  26. B

Cannabis Is Good For You

Ever notice that whenever they legalize a drug; everybody gets sick and has to have it.
  27. B

Cannabis Is Good For You

Well Jim I wonder how these "experts" know grass preceded alcohol? Our ancestors messed around with a lot of weeds, etc. It's a wonder humans managed to survive it all and reproduce. Just reading some of the "foods" these early people liked is enough to turn a modern man's stomach. Some of...
  28. B

Actually most people laugh when I say the doctor prescribed wine. Fact is the guy picks and makes his own blackberry wine. He says the state and feds are so silly about using anything stronger than asprin that he frequently prescribes a shot of wine at bedtime to relax tense patients. Not that...
  29. B

I've been tested several times for macular degeneration. Thank the good Lord, I've shown no signs of it yet. Swifty, I do not drink alcohol unless advised to do so by my doctor. Laugh all you want but my total alcoholic consumption is less than 2 bottles per year . Besides that I doubt macular...
  30. B

Continued from above. When these shadows appear' turning your eyes toward them they vanish. As I said earlier on the last sighting I did not allow my gaze to go toward the shadow and it did NOT disappear but went out of sight behind a wall. Yes, I do own a black schnauzer, but she has been...
  31. B

It's been almost two years since I had my eyes checked. I'm due to go again in April. Yes I'm ancient I'm pushing 80 in less than a year. I've had cateract surgery in one eye and the other will soon need it. However, eyesight at the last exam was still 20-20 though some fogging has occurred in...
  32. B

So the hair was real. Now if we just had a beastie to go with it.
  33. B

The shadow-dog episodes have almost stopped. I still haven't figured out what causes them. The last episode was night before last; the shadow came out of the southern wall shelves and toward the upstairs hall leading from the bathroom. It traveled right past me. I did not look toward it and it...
  34. B

Newly Discovered: Previously Disputed Or Merely Alleged Species

You mean the Siberian Times beats out America's" Star" for lunacy? It must be a real nutcase. I've never even seen a Siberian Times ... lucky me.
  35. B

Newly Discovered: Previously Disputed Or Merely Alleged Species

Aha! Makes finding a Tas wolf all the more possible; doesn't it?
  36. B

Homo erectus, Etc.

Interesting point. Most interesting, indeed.
  37. B

Homo erectus, Etc.

Knowing humans as I do, being one more or less, I'd say they cross bred every chance they got.
  38. B

Don't Mess With The Fairies

Lordmongrove my stupid machine will not play your film. I guess you'll have to describe it to me, if you are willing.
  39. B

Homo erectus, Etc.

Vardoger: Hey, it's a theory. I didn't claim it to be gospel, Give em another 30,000 years and see if it changes their complexion.:nods:
  40. B

Revived Frozen Worms (Nematodes; Siberia; Kolyma River Area)

Which makes me wonder what else is being rejuvenated from the frozen far north. Mammoths...yes; bacteria NO. Or frozen south for that matter.
  41. B

Fifteen years ago, no problem. Today I know no children. But your solution to the problem is correct. I'm a twentieth Century man trying to live in the twenty first century.
  42. B

Speaking of dogs. I've been having some weird episodes with what appears to be a 20 or 30lb black dog of undetermined breed; though it is a short hair. Or perhaps I'm losing my mind in my old age. The thing is I've never experienced anything similar in the past. I'm cleaning up in the...
  43. B

A case of convergent evolution. The beasty looks like a canine though we know it isn't. Doesn't look much like a "cat" except for the stripes. Whatever we call it; I just hate to call it extinct. Lets find one or clone one.
  44. B

Thylacines (Post-1936 Sightings)

This spring-summer season has been especially hot and rainy. We have been near flood conditions three times since March. I'd have to think most road salt has been washed away. Our roads are built so the center is slightly elevated for water run off s well. I do not know what is attracting the...
  45. B

Lately my wife and I have observed some really bazzare behavior amoung mostly squirrels, but also rabbits, chipmunks and possums. That sit in the middle of the road (usually country state roads) and lick the yellow dividing stripe. At times they act dizzy or disoriented and actually run under a...
  46. B

Perhaps canny enough to finally evade humans altogether Just a thought.
  47. B

I have had numerous conversations with Mormons. They are very sensitive about water (rivers, streams, lakes, pools, etc) at certain times of the year. As for me; if the water is still or running slowly and not above my neck I'm not especially worried about it.
  48. B

Fascinating. These people also witness "the wolf". They speak also of a strange man-like creature. It pays to pay attention. These natives take their stories very seriously.
  49. B

I still have high hopes they are not extinct.
  50. B

The weather here in Ohio has changed from cold 40's to high 80's. That's typical for this state. It goes from winter to full summer in three days or less. This year we had roughly a three day spring. I'm hardly at the house enough to detect anything paranormal. We spend most of our time at my...