Search results

1. Draheste

Case of Xenoglossy: Coma Victim Wakes Speaking French

Does she still speak French 'fluently' ? And how fluent was she? Where the nurses French or student of french? Being French myself, I would have liked to meet her, talk to her and judge for myself how good her accent was. It would have been really interesting to hear if she had a regional french...
  2. Draheste

Strange Things As Food & Drink

One of my mum's cousins, in SW France, used to hunt and eat coypus. He had a special technique to trap and skin them. My parents were mildly interested to taste it, but the opportunity never came. That cousin said that Coypus (Nutrias) tasted a bit like pine resin.
  3. Draheste

Fortean Headlines

I heard from members of my family who were living in rural South West France, about someone feeding a baby to a pig they had in a pigsty in their small farm. The woman who had the baby, according to our sources, was a bit dissolute and mentally ill. She went to prison. Gruesome to the extreme...
  4. Draheste

Simulacra

If only...
  5. Draheste

Simulacra

At first, I thought it was a TRex destroying a drone! Surreal!
  6. Draheste

April Fools

If only! Well, Spain's government would be pi...d off!
  7. Draheste

Biometric Bilocation

Mmmm... That is a good suggestion but no, it is the same guy as when he left, I can tell you. I was thinking more in the realm of a parallel universe similar to ours and in there, his bad cough became worse, he collapsed and was transported to the hospital, instead of boarding his flight, like...
  8. Draheste

Phantom Flusher Drives Out OAP

Good suggestion, but it was before I started writing on my computer. It was quite puzzling, anyway.
  9. Draheste

Simulacra

Or, the Cosmic Joker in all its wicked glory!
  10. Draheste

Phantom Flusher Drives Out OAP

I think loneliness is also a factor. Once, in my early twenties, I was coming back from a trip to Amsterdam. In the train to Paris, I sat next to a lady which was a Jehovah witness and also was persuaded that she had the devil after her, describing how it was disturbing her house and life. I...
  11. Draheste

Biometric Bilocation

I had a friend at school which had blue eyes as a child and greenish-grey as a teen. The eyes are also often a reflexion of our state of health.
  12. Draheste

Dreamed Of Places That You Have Never Been To Or Seen That Are Real

Quite astonishing. It looks like a memory of the future. Anthony Peake explained that type of Deja vu, in his books 'Is there life after death', the Daemon, etc... I once dreamed of some type of terrace with trees, overlooking a seascape. A year or so later, I went to spain in a camping with my...
  13. Draheste

Biometric Bilocation

My husband, last week, was in the Middle-East for business, a very rare occurence. He was to fly from Dubai to London at around 11.00pm, yesterday. I checked where he was on the google tracker map, at around 10.30, just before going to bed, for a bit of reading before sleep. At midnight, ready...
  14. Draheste

A Couple Of Odd Childhood Memories

Good evening all, I remember, aged 6 or 7, living with my parents and sibling, in the warden house of a town mansion, with a large parc, tennis court and swimming pool. My parents had the house rent free at the condition they took care of the veg gardens, and sweeping leaves etc.. and also, to...
  15. Draheste

Strange Strangers

Must be Vindaloo Brussel's sprouts!
  16. Draheste

Weird Tales From Reddit

However, I just saw that on the paper this morning. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/25/police-investigate-human-bone-found-in-primark-socks-colchester in a sock! Even weirder!
  17. Draheste

Minor Strangeness

As expensive at it is ugly! Must be a an error in the price! 13,90 euros more like.
  18. Draheste

You Look Just Like...

I've been told recently that, when younger, I looked a bit like Sabine Azema, a French actress, when also young. https://static1.puretrend.com/articles/3/85/91/3/@/984017-rt-580x0-2.jpg Not very widely known abroad, I know... By the way, Jepra Peld, are you from the Isle of Man? Bailley...
  19. Draheste

I remember seeing back in the late 80's in Bordeaux, at one of the big boulangerie-pâtisseries of the city and at its closing time, Gipsy women queuing up, as the staff were giving bread or pastries away. Very territorial, they chased a homeless man more or less sober, away from their 'patch'.
  20. Draheste

Self-cannibalism?
  21. Draheste

Sentinelese Tribe Kills Foolhardy Christian Missionary

That film is worth its weight in cheese! So bad it's good!
  22. Draheste

Old Dreams

Once, while still living in France, I had an incredible dream of time and space travelling. I remember being in some type of lift which was shaking and then stepping out of it and being in a strange and interesting place. Then, I wanted to come back but the box wasn't shaking and I stayed there...
  23. Draheste

You Look Just Like...

My colleague was lively and rebellious, always arguing with the boss and also quite pretty. It was her who pointed the ressemblance to me. Having immigrated to the UK in 1994, I didn't know Veronica Lake, like I would know, say, Michelle Morgan or Jeanne Moreau.
  24. Draheste

Night Of The Androids

Black Eyed Kid, maybe?
  25. Draheste

Old Dreams

I had those dreams from teenage years and still got them, from time to time and I'm 50. That's strange how you write or talk about the dreams and that make them stop. So, I'm might not have those dreams anymore, since I told you about it.:)
  26. Draheste

Old Dreams

I didn't know that or forget that fact about JRR Tolkien. Interesting.
  27. Draheste

Old Dreams

It's the same for me. I never drown or anything. Just scary, really.
  28. Draheste

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Excellent job! Love the new forum. Brilliant and thanks a million!
  29. Draheste

You Look Just Like...

I had a colleague, now retired, which in her youth looked just like Veronica Lake, with long blond hair. There was still some resemblance left as she aged, my colleague, rather well.
  30. Draheste

Old Dreams

Back sometimes in 2014, I dreamed I was an Atlantean 13 years girl appearing in the jungle of Borneo. I walked to a white road, when a car approached, I didn't bulge, not knowing what it was and the car stopped. In my mind, I was the one who made it stopped, because I had 'magical' powers or had...
  31. Draheste

Strange Folk

In the 1980's, they presented, Temps X, a SF program on Saturday afternoon on national French TV I liked watching. They talked about books, film, Science, both dressed in foil-like suits. They were younger and good looking, then...
  32. Draheste

Weird Conversations & Interactions Involving Mistaken Identity

That reminds me when one of my aunties' mother died. I was about 15. At the time, we were living in the same suburbs and auntie Pierrette parents were elderly and had came to live with her and my uncle Guy, my Dad's elder brother. The old lady was very sick and one day, we received a phone call...
  33. Draheste

They Were Scared Of THAT? Supposed Reactions of Early Audiences

I watched it twice. Once with my husband. I was very scared. He wasn't. His idea of scary is the Omen. The second time, with my sister. Equally scared, she was even more. Zombies films are scary, they always give me nightmares for a few nights.
  34. Draheste

Feral Chickens

Next, a new KFC opening on the island...
  35. Draheste

Underground City In The Great Smoky Mountains National Park?

According to David Paulides, they are mysterious disappearances in Smoky Mountains.
  36. Draheste

Thirty Must-See Photos From Our Past

Annie Edison. Did her stunt in Niagara Falls at the age of 63 and died 20 years later. Was she made of rubber? A bit of a rebel, too. A woman that age at this time, doing something reckless young lads of any eras would think twice before doing.
  37. Draheste

Good thinking. Maybe from a film or someone in a clever, home made costume.
  38. Draheste

On Coat-Tales: Fashion Fads

Well, the schools would go ballistic if the girls started to turn up wearing that, Except, maybe, if they are from the Alsace....
  39. Draheste

I love his accordeon's legs, they are a third of his body. Low waists are funnily ridiculous.
  40. Draheste

About dead cats... If you had dirty, dark nails, my mum or dad would say : 'You are mourning your dead cat." Tu es en deuil de ton chat.
  41. Draheste

My mum, who is French would say about the large gap between trousers and shoes 'There is fire on the woodenfloor' Il y a le feu au plancher.
  42. Draheste

Nice photoshopping, I must admit...
  43. Draheste

So, Swifty, you have a photograph of your ancestor, who was born during the French Revolution. Impressive. My husband (50 years old) had grand parents born at the end of the 19th century.
  44. Draheste

Something Unpleasant, Unseen

Once, that muppet was found as if it was staring at a big painting I just finished. I put it up on a side board to dry and the muppet was sat at a chair just in front of it when we came in. It wasn't there before we left. It bemused, more than frightened me. Also, at the time we didn't have a cat.
  45. Draheste

Something Unpleasant, Unseen

Well, this post resonates with me on several levels. In 1995-6, I've been living in the house where i'm living now, for about one and two years. My husband always lived here. His mum passed away there, too in 1985. She was a German Lady, with a strong personality but had, according to her son...
  46. Draheste

Odd Little Statue

I work too in a library and sometimes, the most absent minded put the books not checked in into the reshelve trolley...
  47. Draheste

Cycling

My sister, when she comes to see me from France loves doing jsut that. Cycling for hours in the summer heat and then have teas and cakes in tea shops around where I'm living. Dorchester on Thames has a famous tea room, we come back every year and sell leaf teas instead of teabags...
  48. Draheste

Homo erectus, Etc.

What about that little guy? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/ancient-humans-homo-naledi-brains-intelligence-evolution-behaviour-a8351451.html Quite fascinating. And it is not from fringe science...
  49. Draheste

Homo erectus, Etc.

Some rugbymen look exactly like neanderthals. And I don't mean they behave like them... all the time.
  50. Draheste

Royal News

Being French, I would rather pronounce Buffet BUH-fay or bŭ'fā as it is officially transcribed, than Boo-fay. The first prononciation is the correct one. The second would mean stuff your face in French (bouffer) and is not really polite. Well, you would it if you go to eat at a buffet and you...