Search results

1. Mrs Migs

Tarot Cards: Collecting: Sets / Decks; Specific Cards Or Themes

I used a lot more than three putting together my IKEA chest of drawers... the mood that put me in wouldn’t have been conducive to relationships. Maybe the 36 of dowels means you’re going to realise after an hour that one of the bits is upside down and you’re going to have a stinking row over...
  2. Mrs Migs

Whale Bone Gates, Arches, etc.

There’s one at Chideock Manor in Dorset. Thought I had a pic but can’t find it, so this will have to do: https://www.bridportnews.co.uk/news/8671126.chideock-whale-of-a-task-for-bone-expert/
  3. Mrs Migs

The Green Man

Haha! I didn’t mean to sound quite so needy! It’s just it’s probably in the attic, and I’m feeling a bit lazy this evening :D:D
  4. Mrs Migs

The Green Man

Late to the party as ever.... I went to Jordan in 2002, mainly to see Petra, but the trip took in a lot of other places, including the Roman city at Umm Qais, the Gadara of the Bible. The ruins were quite small, and there were lots of bits strewn around, including a piece that looked like it had...
  5. Mrs Migs

People Who Feel Wrong

Thank you, Lord L... I’m good these days...I always say I wouldn’t be the me I am now without having gone through all that... not sure if that’s a good thing, but I’m certainly much stronger now! He did a bunk, to Spain, leaving me to sort out everything, then reappeared to claim his half of...
  6. Mrs Migs

People Who Feel Wrong

It was quite horrific. I was very naive back then and just couldn’t believe it when I discovered- just after we married- how many lies there were. He was dishonest on every level- he was done for drink driving and never told me (no clue how or when - it was only when we were stopped by the...
  7. Mrs Migs

People Who Feel Wrong

That’s exactly my sister... she has many issues, and has behaved appallingly to so many people over the years. Basically whenever a group of friends calls her out on behaviour or lies, she has a HUGE and dramatic falling out with them, and moves on. Makes me sad because she’ll be 50 this year...
  8. Mrs Migs

People Who Feel Wrong

Quite depressing how many people seem to do this... I guess I’ve just been lucky (ha!) but my ex husband was also a pathological liar... he even lied about having had a child before we got together, who died of meningitis aged five... he told mutual friends not to make too much fuss about their...
  9. Mrs Migs

People Who Feel Wrong

Are you friends with my sister?! You’ve described her to a tee.... unfortunately, despite my best efforts she blames me for everything that goes wrong in her life, and while most of it is utterly untrue I think she actually believes what she says.
  10. Mrs Migs

Honestly? Despite my best efforts, I’m just not very good at reading the cards.... I’m going to keep trying - these were too expensive (and too beautiful) to languish in a drawer!
  11. Mrs Migs

I recently bought the True Black tarot... it’s a thing of incredible beauty, and far too good for a beginner like me!
  12. Mrs Migs

Please share! I can see how collecting Tarot decks could become quite addictive!
  13. Mrs Migs

Xenoglossy (Spontaneous Language / Accent Acquisition)

My 13 year old niece spent nine months in hospital last year, two months of it in a coma. She had - has - autoimmune encephalitis. When she came round she’d completely lost her Midlands accent, and was broad South Wales Welsh. Maybe not that surprising as her dad’s side of the family are from...
  14. Mrs Migs

I’m starting to learn tarot.... I have the Deviant Moon deck, which lots of people find really freaky....
  15. Mrs Migs

How Did You Discover Fortean Times Magazine?

I got my first copy in summer 1997, found it in WH Smith. Think there was an article about Nessie in it, but can’t recall what else. It’s still here somewhere- I subscribed immediately and have every copy since. I regularly tell my stepson they’ll be his inheritance.... That said, I’ve had an...
  16. Mrs Migs

Is 'Vegan Meat' Just MEAT?

Thank you. I’ve passed on your advice.
  17. Mrs Migs

Is 'Vegan Meat' Just MEAT?

Funny you should ask - an acquaintance of mine and his wife have a small business making and selling jerky, both animal derived and vegan (Susie is a vegetarian and makes fabulous fruit jerky). Anyway, their business has come to the attention of a woman on FB who describes herself as a “militant...
  18. Mrs Migs

Unhappy Houses & Odd Happenings

And for everyone who asked- Mini Migs has better hair than Degsy, but is possibly just as over-imaginative....
  19. Mrs Migs

I didn’t- mainly because we didn’t actually see them before we left, and then never got round to it. And they’d probably have thought I was mad :crazy:
  20. Mrs Migs

I know what you mean about “Spirit of Place”. The Preseli Hills in West Wales have it too. Life after death is something I desperately want to be real, specially having lost both my parents over the past few years. I just... have never seen or heard anything that convinces me that it’s...
  21. Mrs Migs

I tend to believe in a stone tape effect. I wonder if the general sad feeling was a result of so many people choosing there to go into the river, or maybe an influencing factor...
  22. Mrs Migs

Well, having looked at a map, we were either on Fewster Way or Browney Croft, just before the Foss flows into the Ouse. That’s what we thought- York has been inhabited for so long, and fought over so many times that there’s a good chance someone has died there!
  23. Mrs Migs

Masonica

This is pretty much how I feel about it. I promised not to tell any non-masons anything I learned during my time on the square, and so I won’t. That said, all I know is out there and available to those who want to go look.
  24. Mrs Migs

Several years ago we (me, Mr Migs and Mini Migs, who was about eight - he’s 21 today. I’m so OLD!) went to stay in York for a week. The house was a fairly new town house over three floors, kitchen and dining room on the ground floor, lounge, bedroom and bathroom on the first floor, two bedrooms...
  25. Mrs Migs

Masonica

I’m afraid I have been known to describe them as that....
  26. Mrs Migs

Masonica

I used to be a lady Freemason. It was very dull, and up to Master Mason level, very few of the secrets are not in the public domain. If anyone wants to buy my old kit for a ton of money I’m happy to part with it....
  27. Mrs Migs

Terry Pratchett

Suspect it’s so they can sell it to the American audience.... I’m not keen on her, or God as an American... Gabriel, however, is perfect.... So many little moments of utter perfection in this series, it’s very special.
  28. Mrs Migs

Terry Pratchett

I can’t find any way of paying for it short of signing up for Prime, BUT you can pay monthly for Prime, so if you signed up for a month you could binge watch it... It’s definitely worth it. And it gets better episode by episode.
  29. Mrs Migs

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Ok, well.... I knew nothing about this case before I read about it on here. I read some of the newspaper coverage and then downloaded her mother’s book. From that it was obvious why it never got the headlines that Maddie McCann did. They’re a very working class, down at heel family, and reading...
  30. Mrs Migs

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Dunno if anyone saw the Channel 5 documentary about Charlene Downes last night? It was utterly horrible, and cast serious doubt on the accepted story of her disappearance. Just watched it now, and it’s made my blood run cold.
  31. Mrs Migs

Watch Weirdness

I always had trouble with watches of the wind-up variety. They’d gain time, lose time, stop.... it’s got to be a battery watch for me. And yes, @Lord Lucan streetlights turn off for me, if I’m stressed....
  32. Mrs Migs

Strange Coincidences?

Of course! This is Bettie- formerly Petra. Which reminds me of the next coincidence... yesterday the charity had a litter of puppies dumped at the Romanian kennels. I sponsored one, and named her (sponsorship costs £30, covers vaccinations and you get to name the pup). All are now sponsored, and...
  33. Mrs Migs

Strange Coincidences?

Recently we decided it was time to get another dog. Our greyhound, Henry has (as I mentioned on another thread) bone cancer, and our border collie, Sweep adores him, and will be bereft when the time comes. So, my brother in law (living in Kent) has adopted two dogs from Romania and we decided to...
  34. Mrs Migs

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Not Wales...?
  35. Mrs Migs

More Tales From My Guests

A friend of mine had some reiki sessions following the deaths of her parents fairly close together. She has described to me seeing and speaking with both parents over several sessions, until her father told her that she’d be fine now, and he wouldn’t be seeing her again for a long time. Sure...
  36. Mrs Migs

Who You See Before You Die

When my mum was in hospital, about a week before she actually passed, we were called in during the night because the nurses thought that the end was nigh. Me, my dad and my sister sat round the bed, listening to her breathing getting shallower.... then suddenly she took a deep breath, opened her...
  37. Mrs Migs

Scariest Programme When You Were A Kid (Or Indeed A Nipper)?

Does anyone remember “The Clifton House Mystery”? I remember loving it as a kid, but can’t find anyone who’ll admit to seeing it.... I remember it as seriously eerie. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clifton_House_Mystery
  38. Mrs Migs

Mice climb.... even up ladders into the attic. In fact, I sometimes suspect the little buggers can fly.
  39. Mrs Migs

Fascinating read Ulalume. Thanks for sharing.
  40. Mrs Migs

My brother in law has an old shoe that was found in the chimney of his partly fourteenth century house during renovations... It’s a very calm house, but the shoe has never left the building.
  41. Mrs Migs

Animals 'Naming Themselves'

‘Snorting tea out my nose’...
  42. Mrs Migs

We need more buttons....
  43. Mrs Migs

Argh! One of my favourite forums has “funny”, “like” and “interesting “ buttons.... sometimes I really miss them!
  44. Mrs Migs

Serial Killers

I Have it to watch later. Apparently there’s rugby on, and Mr Migs and Mini Migs are off to the pub. I’ll be settling down to watch what’s known in Migs Towers as “your weird stabby stuff”. Don’t tell me how it ends!
  45. Mrs Migs

My Experience As A Psychic Medium

Me three! I can be having a conversation with someone while a whole other thing plays out in my head. Doesn’t everyone do this??
  46. Mrs Migs

Fortean Convention In Newport

:D:DTickets bought - look forward to it!
  47. Mrs Migs

Stone Circles Of Modern Origin

Apparently Ray Winstone has a replica Stonehenge at the bottom of his garden...
  48. Mrs Migs

Personal Superstitions

According to my mother, crossed knives meant an argument, and they had to be uncrossed by someone other than the person who crossed them...
  49. Mrs Migs

How To Really Scare Yourself

I I do this sometimes.... usually when Mr Migs has been complaining about my snoring again. Never yet heard an unexplainable noise, but I live in hope! (And for the record, my snoring is BEASTLY.)
  50. Mrs Migs

Creepy Small Villages

Oh dear! No idea which bit of Merthyr you were in, and yes, as a local I will admit that it’s a bit hairy in parts, but there are some halfway decent bits on the outskirts! If you should ever end up stuck there again give me a shout and I’ll point you in the direction of the better areas...