Search results

1. escargot

Humour & Jokes

This is so funny! Pachelbel’s Canon played by hundreds of train horns
  2. escargot

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

The ad was remastered and run again this last summer. Musty admit we didn't see it as we don't watch adverts! Hovis advert featuring boy on a bike returns to TV after 45 years
  3. escargot

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

At 60 I realised that there's no escape from the world, even if I did have a million pounds in the bank. One still has to eat healthily and take exercise and pay the bills and interact with other people and so on. No problem there as I am perfectly capable, and never did fit in anyway, but I'd...
  4. escargot

The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

5. escargot

Heat Energy Leaps Through Empty Space

Remember the particles moving faster than light flap of a few years ago? This was actually down to faulty measurements caused by a loose cable at the receiving end of the transmission! However, before the announcement and until the cause of the anomaly was detected the results had to be shared...
  6. escargot

What Have You Been Doing Today?

Made a Pussy Hat. However, as it's pink and I've overdone the ears a bit it's more of a pig-hat. Alterations will follow. When I've made them from scratch they've been perfect but butchering an old neck-warmer didn't go so well.
  7. escargot

The 'Unemployed Again' Thread

Free drinks? Why am I still standin'ere?
  8. escargot

Clichéd Sentiments That Don't Apply To You

At work once I was tidying a table and picked up some copies of the British Medical Journal. I asked the people sitting there if I could have them. One said 'Of course!' and another said 'I think those might be a little technical for you, my dear!' So because I was clearing tables I must be at...
  9. escargot

Cats & People—What Are They Like?!

How did you save the preview?
  10. escargot

Oh that's BEAUTIFUL! I love green too. You have my FULL permission.
  11. escargot

All cats are beautiful, every single one, and they all deserve treats and fusses.
  12. escargot

Actually I wasn't being completely accurate. Forgot to mention my hairy legs and armpits and clumpy boots.
  13. escargot

Oh yeah, wedding photos're a brilliant souvenir of the day. Videos of the ceremony seem intrusive to me. Plus, it can go so wrong and end up on TV or YouTube.
  14. escargot

Minor Strangeness

You haven't thought this through. Nobody wants their stolen undies back.
  15. escargot

Why do people want their vows filmed? Photos are nice to have but you can pose for them. Having the vows recorded turns them into a performance. In church it's supposed to be about him, her and God.
  16. escargot

Yes, let's, because then I can express an opinion and reveal myself as a man-hating breast-binding toothed-vagina'd shaven-headed frankly ugly parody of a woman that no bloke in his right mind would touch even if he was DESPERATE and she was BEGGING.
  17. escargot

Sentinelese Tribe Kills Foolhardy Christian Missionary

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ohzdKR3gMyDsHdtFm" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>
  18. escargot

'undred an' thir'y six o'us.
  19. escargot

The R.I.P. Thread

Heard him on t'wireless a while ago and thought he sounded quite old and ill.
  20. escargot

The fillum Scrooged is dowloaded ready to watch. Strangely, I remember it being called 'Scrooged!' with the exclamation mark. It's not.
  21. escargot

Then there's Warburtons, the Bolton, Lancashire bakery. They do vernacular-flavoured adverts too! No steep hills or bicycles though.
  22. escargot

When you DO have a child you're asked when you're having another, and if you'll 'try for' the other sex next time. Or if you have two, one of each, you're told you don't need to 'try' again. When you have your third it's 'Three? Are you a glutton for punishment or what?' Four kids and you're...
  23. escargot

Aye, 'appen.
  24. escargot

What's Your Favourite Xmas Fillum? Is It A Version Of Dickens' A Christmas Carol?

We started watching that but it seemed to be about a bloke with a tediously bad attitude. Yeah I'm a twat at xmas, so what? Does it get better?
  25. escargot

What's Your Favourite Xmas Fillum? Is It A Version Of Dickens' A Christmas Carol?

I love the old 1951 black and white version of A Christmas Carol, starring Alastair Sim. When Alec Guinness starred in The Ladykillers in 1955 he is supposed to have based his performance on Sim's portrayal of Scrooge, Sim having been the first choice for the part. A great feature of the 1951...
  26. escargot

I just checked that! I did remember it as a south-western accent but the brass band music suggests Yorkshire. When the advert was new people thought it was set in Yorkshire.
  27. escargot

Negative Foods

How does that work? Doesn't it agree with you?
  28. escargot

Ever Met A...

Brilliant! Reminds me tangentially of a long-ago conversation between my brother, who worked on the railway, and my son, then an A Level maths/science student. Bro did Son some huge favour and Son said gratefully 'I wish I could do something for you!' Bro laughed and said 'Well when I need help...
  29. escargot

The MMR Vaccine & Its Alleged Risks

To be honest, I can't help thinking that if they want their own kids to die that's on them. Nothing we can do to save them. It's the risk to other people that's the problem.
  30. escargot

Things You Swore You'd Never Say Or Do When You Got Older

When I was a lot younger all the women I knew seemed to complain about having bad feet. Coincidentally, most wore high-heeled/strappy shoes. As a consequence I have always worn sensible shoes, and that's not a euphemism. My life might have been a lot simpler if it was.
  31. escargot

The R.I.P. Thread

As long as it doesn't go all 2016 on us!
  32. escargot

Yup, I was convinced for years I'd seen a film of the awesome Phoebe Snow singing 'Stay With Me (Baby)', possibly in the epic TV series All You Need Is Love. Once the internet was invented I was able to discover that it was actually the sublime Ruby Turner. Who is black, whereas Phoebe Snow was...
  33. escargot

Coincidences

Came across this very sad news item from June last year (2018). Four motorcyclists from the Stoke area were killed in separate accidents in just over a week. Two died on the same day. What an awful set of events. Funerals this week for four bikers killed in crashes Kendall Chadwick (aged 45)...
  34. escargot

Cemetery Strangeness

It's too late for you to do it now so I have asked a Mod to look at it. Hope that's OK.
  35. escargot

Cemetery Strangeness

Brilliant! Reminds me of the scene in the fillum, is it Ghost? Where a girl waves flirtily to a man and then walks into a monument and disappears. You might like to take out the actual location though!
  36. escargot

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

We had a thread about Nazi Christmas tree baubles a while back so I did a quick Google for them, and now I'm sorry. Repulsive tat. Strangely, some Star of David ones came up too. That's Jewish decorations for a Christian celebration on a page about Nazi imagery. It's about a display in a museum...
  37. escargot

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

Somewhere I have a mug printed with a newspaper headline about Madeleine McCann and a photo of an suspect. A mug shot, in fact.
  38. escargot

Giant Rabbit Dies On United Airlines Flight

Maybe she was being sarcastic but the staff took her at her word? If she has bladder problems perhaps she's used to improvising.
  39. escargot

What Are You Eating & Drinking?

Are you me haha!
  40. escargot

My Personal Heresy

Oh right, I see. I thought you were objecting to the whiny singers!
  41. escargot

I am envious.
  42. escargot

Minor Strangeness

There are online sellers making big bucks from a similar business model.
  43. escargot

My Personal Heresy

How d'you mean?
  44. escargot

TV & Movie Clichés

It certainly is, and thank you.
  45. escargot

What could go wrong?
  46. escargot

Things You Swore You'd Never Say Or Do When You Got Older

All good points. Life for younger people is certainly more complicated and expensive than mine was! They will undoubtedly live to see the huge destruction being wrought on the planet by human greed.
  47. escargot

TV & Movie Clichés

Was going to post a jokey mention here about that unfortunate accidental swatting but then I looked up how she really died so thought better of it.