• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. W

Vampires

How is Vlad Tepes a vampire? Stoker borrowed his nickname in 1897 for his novel. The character's history was an extremely veiled account of Vlad's life. But that doesn't mean that the main character IS Vlad. I've not read a single account that says that Vlad was a vampire.
  2. W

Ghostly Encounters TV show bogus?

Hmm...it's a great show. But some of the events sound pretty freaky and I've never been sure if they were true.
  3. W

Ghostly Encounters TV show bogus?

Does anyone know if the TV show "Ghostly Encounters" (on Biography in the States) is real or not? Are those stories true? Or are we watching actors?
  4. W

The World's Weirdest/Stupidest Conspiracy Theories?

The Titanic swap theory. Puh-leeeeez.
  5. W

Ogopogo (Lake Monster; Okanagan Lake; British Columbia)

I thought I read a story about a group of divers that were diving at night. There were lights shining into the water from the boats. And the boat radioed down that there was something big on the sonar in their vicinity. When they looked up, they saw something big pass between them and the boat...
  6. W

Is Auschwitz Haunted?

Yes, perhaps, Koh_si_chang. Or perhaps you're nuts. The death camps were a place of great emotion and sadness. I'm surprised they're not packed to the rafters with ghosts. Speaking of ghosts of death camp victims, there is a bizarre film called "Genghis Cohn" starring Diana Rigg and Robert...
  7. W

Titanic Conspiracy

What about the theory about the discovery of the wreck prior to 1985? That's an interesting story that Paul has done a lot of research on.
  8. W

Titanic Conspiracy

OldTimeRadio, this was the premise for Clive Cussler book and the 1981 film RAISE THE TITANIC. Great book, ham-fisted film adaptation, impossible premise now that the wreck has been discovered. Does anyone else feel nostalgic for the time when a small cadre of Titanic nerds sat around...
  9. W

The SS Great Eastern

Maybe the cause was the po'ed ghosts of the two workers entombed in her hull.
  10. W

Amelia Earhart

1) After all of this time and now that the dust has completely settled for WWII, don't you think that the Japanese would fess up if they actually captured her? Surely, there would have been records of prisoners taken. 2) Nancy Kulp (Miss Jane from The Beverly Hillbillies) should have played...
  11. W

The Queen Mary: Haunted?

Are there any weird tourguides trying to get their acting chops in view?
  12. W

I did a quick websearch and found nothing about "Halfway Harry" relating to the Queen Mary. Maybe it's something that they cooked up for the tour. I took the majority of the tour with a boulder of salt. The problem with the information they were relaying (aside from the campy presentation)...
  13. W

There is a whole tour on the QM now, specifically for the haunted aspect. They really cheese it up with not-so-special effects and chewing-the-scenery tourguides. In the swimming pool, there are fog machines, electric gates that oooooo-pen by the theeemseeeelvesssss, luminous human footprints...
  14. W

Bell Witch: An Unusual Case

I see double exposure, some smearing and a rock formation behind her.
  15. W

Bell Witch: An Unusual Case

The picture looks like a double exposure. I see no man. I just two identical girls, one is smeary.
  16. W

Underwater Cryptid Encounters

I'm interested in sightings of sea or lake monsters from underwater by divers or swimmers. Has anyone read about incidents like this? I remember reading about one in Loch Ness where a diver went down to retrieve some items from a recently-sunk tour boat and met up with a huge black thing...
  17. W

The BTK Strangler

Didn't he already plead guilty and waive his right to a trial by jury? My assumption was that it's a done deal. He only needs to be sentenced...and since there was no death penatly in KS when the murders took place, he will only get life in prison. No more pleas. He did it. And he's sorry...
  18. W

Borley Rectory

Well, people DO move out of homes. I thought that one family moved out and another moved in. As the new family was unpacking their books, someone knocked a lamp over onto some books and the place went up very quickly...like, er, a house a-fire I guess one would say. So, furniture had been...
  19. W

The BTK Strangler

One of the creepiest things I've ever heard in all of the serial killer lore that I've read was when he was arrested and they were doing some hour-long "retrospectives" of the crimes and the case on television. A woman described how she stayed over night at her daughter's house at the last...
  20. W

The BTK Strangler

Hmm, Peni...I'm not sure where in my post it says that I wouldn't be willing to stand by someone if I thought them innocent. However, in Dennis Rader's situation, it sounds like he's pretty much guilty. I've read an article in which it states that he confessed. I've also read articles that...
  21. W

Your All-Time Favourite Ghost Photos

The photo that gave me nightmares as an adult was taken in front of an historic building in New England (possibly Massachussets). It shows the front door. When developed, a 7-foot figure with wild hair dressed in a black robe and a grotesque face showed up. Anyone seen this? I saw it on a TV...
  22. W

The BTK Strangler

lopaka, are you saying that you would stay married to someone who had hidden a secret side of themselves for 30 years? That's not a violation of vows? There is absolutely no way I could continue to be in a relationship with someone who lied to me, hid things of this magnitude from me, and...
  23. W

The Lindbergh Baby?

Did anyone else see the Court TV examination that was done recently? They used modern forensic science to reexamine evidence. They proved that by cut marks and the wood grain, that the ladder came from the floor boards in Hauptmann's attic. There was also some other evidence that they linked to...
  24. W

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

Yup. sherbetbizarre is a pretty common name. That multiplied with your writing style and tone is merely a coincidence. Paints you as doing anything to make your views seem correct rather than have an interesting discussion that casual observers want to talk part in or even read for that...
  25. W

Gee, sherbetbizarre, that's kind of harsh. You seem to be taking this all a little too seriously (just like you've done on other Amityville boards with harsh language and honing in on details rather than the broad topic...and being belligerent toward those that disagree with your views :roll:)...
  26. W

Now George Lutz seems to be only possessed by greed and vengeance. The only thing the Lutze$ were trying to accomplish by writing the book wa$ ca$h in. For Chri$t $ake, they go on national televi$ion (Hi$tory Channel doc$) and $ay that they decided to write the book over a bottle of wine with...
  27. W

Hitler's Demise & Doubles

If they made a pact that none of them would marry and none of them would have children...and they have kept it to this day, why does William Patrick have a widow?
  28. W

China's Kanasi Lake Monster

Maybe I'm just being a chicken... But, would any of you dive in a lake where there have been complaints of livestock missing? Where there are 15m fish lurking below with bibs tied around their necks, sharpening their steak knives? Where the water is too cold deeper than 20m? Two words for...
  29. W

Titanic found before 1985 ?

In 1953, a company called Risdon Beasley Ltd, which is/was one of the world's leading deep sea salvage companies, tried to find the wreck by setting off explosives underwater (!) and using a sonar to record the echo profiles. In 1980, Jack Grimm (a Texas millionaire who made world headlines...
  30. W

Proof Caligula Was 'Completely Off His Rocker'

I'm not sure that building a palace to encompass a temple is really concrete proof that Caligula was nuts. It just shows that two historians who spoke badly of him were right about one of their facts. One thing it proves though, is that he (or someone around him who would order building)...
  31. W

Sea Serpent Seen off Nova Scotia

I vote for the gin goblins. No really...why is it that skeptics always blame the poor oarfish for every sea serpent sighting? Oarfish don't live near Nova Scotia...but, by gum, that's what he MUST have seen. Someone describes a 60-foot monster with fangs, glowing eyes, and green scales...
  32. W

Who Killed the Black Dahlia?

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread... Why would the mob go to such lengths to mutilate the body? Mob hits aren't usually dramatic. Any mutilation that's done is for the sake of hiding the body. No body...less evidence, eh? So, I have a hard time with the mob hit theory.
  33. W

Mysterious Monsters

That's correct. The wreckage was found last summer. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2124397.stm
  34. W

The Lost Cosmonauts

Anyone have any opinons on the stories of cosmonauts being lost in space? There have been several stories... 1) A woman burning to death in a space plane upon re-entry. She was supposedly the first woman in space and there is a supposed transmission of her last moments. 2) A heartbeat...
  35. W

Ghost Ships: Spectral Ships & Vessels

What is the Ourang Medan?
  36. W

The Ourang Medan Mystery (Derelict Ship / Dead Crew)

What is the Ourang Medan?
  37. W

Michipeshu - Lake Superior monster

Hey, TVGeek...I'm also in Minnesota. Lake Superior is definitely an odd body of water. Here are a couple links to pages that discuss the photo. They call the monster 'Pressie'. Frankly, I'm irritated by people who name monsters that obviously nodd at Loch Ness's affectionate name for its...
  38. W

Michipeshu - Lake Superior monster

There is also a photo floating around the net (I wasn't able to find it) that some guy took of what is supposed to be the monster of Lake Superior. However, I can't for the life of me find anything resembling a monster in it. The only think I can see is a rock that might look like a snake's...
  39. W

Criteria For Recognition of Alien Intelligence

Hold on a minute! Am I the only one that read this line? I've never heard this. Has it been explained? Where can I find more information on it?
  40. W

Pressie

No need to be mean about it, Sebastian. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
  41. W

Pressie

Unless I'm not seeing this right, it looks like the "head" is about 20 feet from shore. I've been in Lake Superior and, trust me, a big beastie would not be that submerged that close to shore. It's probably only knee deep there. My assessment? Rock.
  42. W

Strange Deaths

That's an interesting story. The Hancock Tower in Chicago, though, was completed in 1973. It's a big black affair with crossing girders around the outside and the edges tilt slightly upward, making it look like an obelesk. I haven't been able to find out about it either...except what I...
  43. W

Strange Deaths

Kowalski fell from Hancock? In the mid-70s, a woman named Lorraine Kowalski supposedly fell (jumped or was pushed) from the Hancock Tower in Chicago. She was naked when she fell from her apartment on the 92nd floor. No one can quite figure out how the glass that is so thick, even a fireman's...
  44. W

Cruelty To Animals

It's been proven that having dogs and cats and other furry critters around keeps people happy, relieve stress, and even help when healing. Not to mention providing companionship to their owners. If they can do that until they die, that is a perfectly acceptable task for an animal to do. Help...
  45. W

The Loch Ness Monster

The photograph that you have posted here as the full version is obviously in color...poor color...but color nonetheless. Here is a link to the full version Link is dead. Here's the image displayed on the MIA website ...
  46. W

UFO Reports By Astronauts (General / Compendium Thread)

I've read a few interesting stories about astronauts seeing UFOs and having encounters with aliens. There is an interesting site here Link and website are dead. The 2002 version of the MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine...
  47. W

Buzzor, What's the "let-down" with the Lake Van monster? Was it proven a hoax? I saw the footage on CNN and never heard anything more about it.
  48. W

Well, then...now we'll see how good the quality of the film is. Maybe it's just the beginning of proof. That's my optimistic side. My sarcastic, bitter, and cynical side says, "Thanks for the footage, you hacks...let's toss this on the pile with the other fuzzy footage, anonymous reports, and...
  49. W

But catching an unknown animal, having said animal in grasp and tangible evidence that it exists THEN filming it is much different than an animal not proven to exist and widely accepted as myth being caught on professional-grade film by professional camera operators.
  50. W

I thought that the coelocanth was caught by a fishing boat...not filmed.
Back