• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. honeyplanet

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

One of our cats did somthing very odd the other day, I walked into the living room and the cat sat up and looked at me, she then started to stare down toward my feet and watched somthing come past me and go under the dining table. I've never seen her look so alarmed, crouching down she ran all...
  2. honeyplanet

Wrist Watches Cause Loss Of Strength

Ulalume, do you have issues with static build up? It was a running joke in my office (when I worked) my colleagues would poke me with one finger to get a zap.. wasn't much fun when the bean bag burst, took me ages to get all the polystyrene balls off myself. (sorry drifting off topic)
  3. honeyplanet

To be honest Ermintrude I've not worn a watch in many years, so haven't tried any of the above mentioned. I rely nowadays on my smartphone (it never goes wonky in a time related manner). Incidentally I do get a high number of static shocks, had to be very careful when handling p.c components and...
  4. honeyplanet

Good old fashioned mechanical last slightly longer, but eventually they fail. My mother used to get very cross with me and accuse me of overwinding ( I don't believe I overwound). I just manage without now. Incidentally the digital clocks in the house seem to randomly lose time, hubby was...
  5. honeyplanet

I can't wear a watch at all, they just simply stop working after a few hours.
  6. honeyplanet

Bird Courts / Crow Courts (AKA Bird Parliaments)

We have rooks living in the wooded area at the bottom of our garden, I've been leaving them bits of food for years. They seem to mainly co exist with a family of magpies, I haven't managed to tame any rooks as yet but I have one particular magpie who waits on the garage roof for food. I have...
  7. honeyplanet

Phone Weirdness

I felt a bit that way myself! After the initial shock my inner evil streak kicked in..no way were they getting off with being so rude!
  8. honeyplanet

Phone Weirdness

I had one of the Microsoft scam calls from India recently, not a rare occurrence but the nature of this one was somewhat bizarre. I'd had quite a few of these calls in the last few days, toldhim to bogg off and ended the call. Three seconds later it rings again and on the other end is my friend...
  9. honeyplanet

Has Facebook Learnt To Read Minds?

I'm glad this subject got brought up! I've noticed this too! Not just FB but the ad bars on normal websites, bringing up ads for stuff I've been thinking about (but not searched for). The one that really freaked me out was last week ,I was thinking about my husband and his profession...low and...
  10. honeyplanet

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

I'd love to believe! But my gut instinct tells me it's just a fabulous story :(
  11. honeyplanet

Things Coming In Threes

My thoughts too. X
  12. honeyplanet

Things Coming In Threes

Thankyou, the street just seems so very empty at the moment. My friend is usually a very happy person who's allways laughing, a little bit of her sunshine has gone and it's heartbreaking. It certainly makes you question everything! He had so much to give the world a genuine good soul who'd help...
  13. honeyplanet

Things Coming In Threes

I mentioned this very thing the other day! Infact I have been quite worried. Late in the evening a few weeks ago an ambulance was called to my neighbours home, early the next morning my friend and neighbour knocked on the door in tears. Her 20 year old youngest son had passed away suddenly, he...
  14. honeyplanet

FT329

I had a mouse mat, kids wrecked it and the cat smashed my mug. I've re subscribed for a forTEAn mug :) I missed IHTM this issue :(
  15. honeyplanet

FT328

Really enjoyed this months issue! I was getting worried that FT had lost it's mojo, but the last two issues have been spot on. :)
  16. honeyplanet

Strange 'Rain' of Baby Spiders in Australia

Ugh! I don't think I'd have ever left the house again.
  17. honeyplanet

Are Robins Symbols Of Dead Loved Ones?

I've never found any since that year, probably a coincidence but it helped me at the time.
  18. honeyplanet

Are Robins Symbols Of Dead Loved Ones?

Are there any superstitions about ladybirds? I lost my dear old cat to cancer in Oct 2013. I'd had her since she was a kitten, we spend 16 great years together and I loved her very much. I cried for two weeks solid after I buried her in the garden. The strange thing was for weeks after I kept...
  19. honeyplanet

Meteors & Meteoric Fireballs (Observed Aloft)

http://m.thestar.co.uk/news/local/watch-video-footage-of-car-sized-meteorite-seen-over-sheffield-1-7238083 right over my head and I missed it! Would have loved to have caught a glimpse :(
  20. honeyplanet

Tinnitus

I find that sometimes it interferes with hearing speech too, but not general sounds/noise
  21. honeyplanet

Tinnitus

I have tinnitus, was involved in a near fatal car accident and sustained a head injury, mine is the high pitched whistle and occasionally I hear my own heart beat in one ear (very annoying). It doesn't keep my awake generally but the other night I drempt a bee was buzzing round my head, I woke...
  22. honeyplanet

TV remote weirdness

We had to have B.T tv for a while when we had scaffolding over the sky dish. We got one of the humax u view boxes, we had constant problems from the start with audio description and subtitles switching on randomly. Was very pleased to get sky back that humax box had a mind of it's own..
  23. honeyplanet

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

Ah, the transdimentional gas station thread..I quite liked that one.
  24. honeyplanet

Another Reddit Thread...True Mysteries at Sea

Brilliant read! Just got to the last reply, thoroughly enjoyed it :)
  25. honeyplanet

My Nan's Hearing Strange Voices

I have suffered with tinnitus for a few years now following a nasty head injury after a car accident. Just a lately I have been convinced my neighbour had her telly on too loud, it sounded just like a man talking but I couldn't make out what he was saying. It took me a while to work out that it...
  26. honeyplanet

Eclipse News

The cloud acted like a fliter here, there was a gsp in the clouds that gave me an excellent view at it's peak. For me it was the odd atmosphere that was most enjoyable! The odd grey colour and the birds gearing up for bed early, as the sky got darker they all started singing thier evening song...
  27. honeyplanet

Dream of darkness

I'll give that a bit of thought, I have many bizarre dreams it'd make intresting reading :) I can't really say about the buzzing as I have tinnitus so my head is buzxing all the time, although sometimes the frequency is slightly different
  28. honeyplanet

Dream of darkness

Very possible, suppose in a dream state the brain operates on a number of different frequencies. Not that mine needs much help! I guess some are more tuned in than others
  29. honeyplanet

Dream of darkness

Yes! Brown hair or somtimes black, straight, short and much like a terrier very corse. With the spider dreams I am allready sat up when I wake, and can never tell if I was awake or dreaming as they seem to fade away. My sister also suffers with lucid dreams, prehaps it's hereditary.
  30. honeyplanet

Dream of darkness

My husband gets quite perturbed when I wake up screaming the house down (happens a few times a year). My spiders are also of the big hairy variety! Usually climbing on the light fitting above the bed. I once heard someone quite clearly shout my name, woke up convinced there was someone in the...
  31. honeyplanet

Dream of darkness

I had a series of unpleasant lucid dreams last night, I woke up twice between 12am and 02:30am. I finally mananged to nod back off and I wasn't visually dreaming, but I heard a womans voice say ' pull the sheet over your face and stare death in the face' needless to say I shot up out of bed...
  32. honeyplanet

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Admittedly the scratches ive had have been short and thin, once got a slightly larger scratch on my face. But thinking about it, a scratch that size would probably have needed a swans wing feather! Still, rule out the logical stuff first and consider whats left :)
  33. honeyplanet

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

You don't have feather filled pillows do you? Probably not, but sometimes the sharp end of the feather finds it's way out of the cover. I sometimes get them when I've slept with my arm on my comfort pillow ( filled with feathers just like at my grandmother's house)
  34. honeyplanet

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Both my sons suffer with that! I bought a bottle of honey and glycerine cough syrup for my youngest a few weeks ago, brought it home and popped it into the medicine cupboard. Went to get it this week...not there! No one else has moved it. Guess it'll turn up in due course (after I've bought...
  35. honeyplanet

Woman reports son missing... since 1995

Very sad, just had a peek at the Facebook page for grateful Doe. I do hope the family find some closure.
  36. honeyplanet

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Good grief! I've never seen anything like that, surely his anus must be uncomfortable.
  37. honeyplanet

3am sky flash and earth tremor in Ireland

I saw a similar flash on Friday night whilst watching the wind blowing down a tree outside, there was an explanation the high winds made a substation blow. The light was very bright like daylight and lasted about three or four seconds, could somthing like that have caused your light? Not sure...
  38. honeyplanet

Why Native Americans Didn't Cut Their Hair

I hate having my hair cut, it's currently half way down my back. Since I was little I've allways had a thing for long hair, my god mother had beautiful long blonde locks and I loved to sit and run my fingers through it. The day she came and had cut it into a bob I cried and cried ( still...
  39. honeyplanet

Another Aircraft Missing in SE Asia: QZ8501

That could account for the plane seemingly being upside down at the bottom, the thing that makes me wonder is the media have given the impression the fuselage is in one piece. An uncontrolled dive from over 30k hight would surely have broken the plane into pieces on impact? That's what made me...
  40. honeyplanet

Another Aircraft Missing in SE Asia: QZ8501

Daily mail article stated that reports of body wearing life jacket are now incorrect, no doubt that will change again. I also think the plane floated for a short while, simply awful way to go those poor people. I also read the plane is lying upside down on the seabed, I don't know why I allways...
  41. honeyplanet

FT322

I agree, alien skeleton definitely looks like a rat with it's head twisted round.
  42. honeyplanet

Weird Weather

Hoar frost is very beautiful, couple of years ago I woke up and everything was coverd! Trees,grass,fences the whole area looked like narnia. I have some photos somewhere, haven't had a good one since that day.
  43. honeyplanet

Cannabis Is Good For You

I saw that! It did make me chuckle, and also a tad envious ;)
  44. honeyplanet

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

I once managed to take off my jeans over my boots, when I woke up in the morning (still drunk) the heels sent me slightly off balance. I fell down the stairs..broke my wrist! Don't drink so much now.
  45. honeyplanet

Clearout Sale!

Wish they'd have another!
  46. honeyplanet

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Sadly, there does not seem to be any updates. The worse thing is every day that passes the chances of finding her grow smaller and smaller. I sincerley hope they do find her.
  47. honeyplanet

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Some of the rudest and most arogant people I have met have been doctors, And I hate the theory a decent job make's you a good parent. I can not begin to consider just how much pain that poor girls parents must be going through now, but as a parent I would never dream of leaving my little...
  48. honeyplanet

Clearout Sale!

Humph.. :( my order came today, no collected issue's, although I was assured that I had not been charged for them. I got an assortment of random back issues and an extra one for luck possibly issue 96. Still I'll enjoy reading them even if they are not the one's I orderd. And I will enjoy...
  49. honeyplanet

Clearout Sale!

I may try to ring again, but then I am getting whacked for another load of postage.. on the plus side there will be another free gift. I sort of figured that in general the company is a little disorganised. I took out my subscription about 7 month's ago and only just recived my free gift from...
  50. honeyplanet

Clearout Sale!

I ended up with Snake's Alive, and 18 back issue's. I was really dissapointed because I really wanted the collected issue's. It seem's to me the entire thing has been slightly disorganised. Oh well finger's crossed my order will arrive complete :?
Back