• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yeah he was (and still is) great, this is the Doctor Who page isn't it, I wouldn't want to say the wrong thing on the wrong thread...it was great to meet him and have a real legend shake your hand and talk to you, a great bloke through and through.
  2. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I love the history of it and I bought a couple of books ages ago, one a big red one about companions and one that had all about the times, stories, etc and it was fantastic to spend the night reading them and looking back on it all. Hopefully they'll do a new version to update it. One thing I...
  3. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yes I do love all this nostalgia and also hope that they get rid of that lip-shaped logo I hate it!! Bring back the diamond one and the opening credits would be perfect!!
  4. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well I finally watched last night's episode and I have to say (maybe due to the expectation of the return of my fave villans The Cybermen) that it wasn't my favourite episode. It had it's good moments but I just don't know about Ricky/Micky, either I don't like the character or the actor playing...
  5. A

Weird Personal Names

The closest I got to a good name was a friend of a friend called Martin Baulmer...M Baulmer (pronouced "Balm mer"), let's hope he marries someone called Em.... :wink:
  6. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I had it recorded for me tonight, not because I was working but because I had the night off celebrating a little FA Cup match, so that and potentially the best Dr Who episode this series, add some biccies and that's my perfect Saturday complete!! By the way I've just added this without looking...
  7. A

Weird Personal Names

One of my old role-playing mates knew someone called Richard Cheese, it's not a terrible name it just depends on how your mind thinks.... :lol:
  8. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I had exactly the same problem with "I,Robot" because that's my favourite ever book but I was damned if I'd watch anything with Will bloody Smith in it!! :shock:
  9. A

FT back issues on CD -- what do you think?

Well when you do go through them all could you give us a review and say their good and not so good points? Be nice to have an unbiased Fortean perspective on them, cheers! 8)
  10. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Oh yes I can't wait!!! :lol:
  11. A

How many issues do you read a year?

Thanks for that, I only knew of the variant covers when I saw them inside Fortean Times a few years back (probably an advert selling back issues or subscriptions) but it's good that everyone gets the same content inside :lol:
  12. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well you can get those DVD stories for under a tenner anyway and that's not even online and they're worth it, I just wished they released them more regularly, 2 Tom Baker ones a year will take a couple of decades to collect and I can't wait that long for my nostalgia fix....lets hope they hurry...
  13. A

ID Cards / Identification Cards

Does anybody actually want these ID cards? I certainly don't but I don't think they'll be a backlash as much as the Poll Tax....although I'm dreading how much they'll cost, it'd be good once if the government actually listened to the people it arrogantly rules over... :roll:
  14. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

It does because kids like me who watched it in the 70s didn't know then of the episodes from the 60s-early 70's, if a kid buys the Eccleston box set for Xmas last year they might've thought they had all the Dr Who stuff when there's so much more to see... 8)
  15. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

This Saturdays and next weeks looks like they could be the best of the series but you're right, it is much much better than the last series which despite what it says is NOT the first series of it, maybe the 27th?? 8)
  16. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I certainly do feel nostalgic watching it again and it's great escapism and getting better for me :lol:
  17. A

Weird Personal Names

I've heard of a "Greenbush" but that could be just an affliction....I never listened in school and just played footsies with Christy Fryer....and yes she had a nickname.... 8)
  18. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well I've finally watched it and yes it was a good episode and as long as they keep up the standards I'll be around for the forseeable future...but I'm sure The Doctor already knows that.... :shock: 8)
  19. A

I always pay cash in shops anyway (because I hate waiting for cretins to spend a couple of quid on a tin of deoderant and use their card, actually I don't like waiting for anyone who pays with a card and in this example I'm not hyprocritical lol) and only ever use my card occasionally online...
  20. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

First one I've missed of this series because of work and the person I asked to record it didn't (I'll have words for her don't you worry lol) but it sounds like they've kept up the standard and the difference between this and last year is that I'm pretty sure I'll get it on dvd....at the right...
  21. A

I wonder if there's any difference in the content between the uk fortean times and ones abroad, I've seen variant covers but don't know about the inside 8)
  22. A

Weird Personal Names

Just come back from shopping and on the bus back from Taunton I noticed a place signposted called "Swell", just on the outskirts of Curry Rivel, I don't know if it's a swell place or if it's grown in size over the years but I liked the name... :lol:
  23. A

Thanks for that, think I might start saving!! :lol:
  24. A

I worried when it went from once every two months to monthly that the quality and standards would drop but it's been great for all the time I've read it!! :lol:
  25. A

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

Well today when I went shopping I found a second edition of the Call of Cthulhu rulebook ('83) and that brought back some memories of Saturday nights as a teenager!! Got Fortean Times to finish reading too so my weekend's gonna be good!! :lol:
  26. A

Well if it's voluntary then for me it's an easy decision 8)
  27. A

The technology could be almost perfectly safe but with the fools at the top of power it needs to be foolproof too. That's the main problem with me, it's not just the fact that nothing's 100% safe, it's the powers that be who're in control of it all, everyone's corruptible and nobody's perfect...
  28. A

Derren Brown: Master Mind-Manipulator

I'd pay a lot for that!! That'll be the next reality tv show, "real-life executions" you just know that some people will be stupid enough and crave fame that much to enter....and on that blissful thought I'm off to the fridge for a cool Kronenbourg and to sit infront of my other screen!! Cheers...
  29. A

Well if you're thinking what I'm thinking then it'd be the perfect way for Robbie to "entertain me" I'd get him tied down and use an Uzi just in case the 6 rounds wasn't enough!! :lol:
  30. A

Well I've said before on posts that I take everything I hear/read etc with a pinch of salt and when people become too big for their boots that's when they need to be brought down to our level. His programmes have been entertaining but I always think the word "Illusionist" so I don't think he's...
  31. A

Well if Raj says that then I'm convinced because I always listen to experts from "This Morning" lol!! No, I like Derren Brown and in his programmes he just tries to trick people to act certain ways by how they think and act rather than anything "Mysterious". The one where he got several people...
  32. A

POLL: Favourite Fortean Subject?

I could've picked any one from 5 or 6 but in the end opted for UFO's, that was the one that gripped me as a kid (helped along by the great films like "Star Wars" and "The Black Hole" I watched as a kid in the 70's) looking up at the sky in my picturesque village wondering if there was more out...
  33. A

Personally I don't mind the bloke but he does say he's an illusionist rather than a magician so anything that he does do is part of an illusion, as for manipulating minds I'm sure he looks for certain characteristics that're found in some of us and not others but I'm sure most of us have done...
  34. A

POLL: LEAST Favourite Fortean Subject?

I'm not a big fan of conspiracies because if someone's so blinkered and biased enough to believe their point of view and that "it's fact" and no one elses opinion that minutely detracts from their's counts then you're never gonna get them to see facts when they're shown to be 100% proof, people...
  35. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well it's understandable for you to hate Bat-things coming from Arkham Asylum, as for neighbours and their antics, above me I've got a couple in their early 20's who like too much of the "Horizontal cha-cha" for my paitence and they make the most god-awful racket, but luckily it doesn't go on...
  36. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

As long as he doesn't stray too far from the traditions of Doctor Who (eg ever having an american sounding Doctor Who....I don't mind Americans but I don't like pandering to their every whim, eg The Doctor Who movie) but this series has been better than the last one, bring on the Cybermen...
  37. A

Weird Personal Names

I'm still peed off that my Mum gave me Robert as a middle name....she should've just named me Bob and cut out the middle man!!! The French footballers that have women's names make me laugh aswell (ie Lillian Thuram) but I'll stop it when they get knocked out of the world cup....probably :lol: 8)
  38. A

Weird Personal Names

Well in footie there've been lots of good oriental names that've made me laugh when I've heard them pronouced by the commentators, plenty of Wongs, Wangs, etc, yes I'm looking forward to hearing some more in June :lol: 8)
  39. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I think you could speak on behalf of a lot of people there Crunchy.....not me of course either lol....as for Mickey well I hope he isn't in it for too long, unless we go back to having someone looking after/having to do some task in the Tardis. I was gonna say that Mr Tennant could do with a...
  40. A

Weird Personal Names

Someone with a name of Allcock always makes me chuckle (especially on a slow day like a Bank Holiday!!) and of course there's the Bath and England rugby player called Grewcock, plus I used to role-play with someone called Locock. Thankfully I never found out if he took after his name, had...
  41. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

K9 in Dr Who occasionally would be ok but I think a series would be a step too far. Elisabeth Sladen did look very nice indeed and was good in her comeback, one of the better companions in my opinion. As for the earliest companions, I was born in '73 and the earliest ones I remember were Adric...
  42. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

It's been solid and has potential that's for sure, just keep Michael ******* Grade away from it!!!
  43. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I don't mind K9 but he's a bit limited really and you couldn't take him everywhere, though if The Master comes back I'd get him to decorate his Tardis as only dogs can...plus K9's not the worse thing to come out of the 70's or 80's, I remember the Black and White Minstrels, the Good Ol' Days and...
  44. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Tennant's good but he doesn't quite have that "extra" (sorry for the pun...) to beat Pertwee or the god that is Baker in my humble opinion. Enjoyed the episode tonight, great to see Sarah Jane again and I even cheered (albeit inwardly lol) when K-9 appeared!! Well it seems that my wish of...
  45. A

The longer something's bandied about (ie ID cards) you know it's gonna be a bad idea, plus these ideas tend to affect the innocent more than the guilty who'll find a way round any fail-safe.
  46. A

I like speed cameras and it's not because I don't drive, way I see it (await the cliche...) it's simple, if you don't brake the speed limit you'll be fine....with no fine!! Ok, people do get fines sent by mistake but on the whole if people keep to the limits no probs, the ones who do like 42 in...
  47. A

Check the latest FT for exciting news regarding the older FTs on cdrom, don't know what format they're in as I'm not a PC expert, I can go online and that's the best I can do lol!! :lol: :shock: 8)
  48. A

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

Groucho Marx was in a class of his own, that book sounds very good!! :lol: 8)
  49. A

Weird Personal Names

I quite like John Stewart but prefer Hal Jordan as a Green Lantern.....oh it's not that John Stewart!! I suppose I better say while I'm here that my original surname was Legg so had the pee taken out of me at school even if it had two "g's", because of that a sarcastic young man was born!!! :o...
  50. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Thanks for that, it was in the back of my mind somewhere!! As for Earthshock, yeah I think the ending was where it was changed and it doesn't make much difference to me but I suppose the ship crashing into the planet makes more sense than just exploding in space, it doesn't really matter. It's...
Back