• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. AngelAlice

British Bigfoot?

Isn't a close up of Donald Trump's hair?
  2. AngelAlice

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

This is quite similar to an experience I had several years ago and wrote about. A nephew of mine and I both briefly glimpsed a human right leg in our living room while we were watching TV! Full story here... Thread 'It Happened To Us: IHTM Incidents With Multiple Witnesses'...
  3. AngelAlice

Adventures In Sleep Paralysis

Observing and reproducing isn't the same as understanding or explaining though, is it. And I'm not even sure we can reproduce reliably, nor that we can claim it's quantifiable. We observe much but can truly explain very little. Even the most basic functions of the areas of the brain are still...
  4. AngelAlice

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

Ah, so that's why there's no negative comments under the vid. I never know what to make of people who express such mindblowing gullibility & at the same time suppress all dissent. Is he a true believer, or is he intent on exploiting other true believers for gain? You're absolutely right about...
  5. AngelAlice

I'll check out his channel - maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else
  6. AngelAlice

Really? That's never been my impression - unless I'm confusing him with someone else. Is he the dude who insists two obviously human hunters, wearing shirts and pants are two Sasquatch?
  7. AngelAlice

Wow it really says fail when Thinker Thunker calls your hoax out as a fake! That fellow seems to endorse almost every blobsquatch as the real thing.
  8. AngelAlice

British Bigfoot?

There's actually still a surprising amount of very remote unfrequented space even in the British Isles. Though I'm loath to say that's an argument in favour of a Brit Bigfoot! For one thing people tend to "see" them in bizarre places, like their suburban back gardens or in a small stretch of...
  9. AngelAlice

Frederick Valentich Disappearance (Australia; 1978)

Yes you're correct! So, it was basically dark when he was heading out. I don't know if this vid has been shared before, but it's a very thorough and fair in depth look at the Valentich case. Simpson is very economical with the truth. This vid gives a much clearer and factual picture of a not...
  10. AngelAlice

I'm not sure about that. All meteorological websites are clear that sunset on October 21 in Melbourne is ~ 19.42. Which presumably means at 19.20 the sun would be on the horizon but still above it. And George Simpson, alleged witness to Valentich flying past on the fateful night, is very...
  11. AngelAlice

Adventures In Sleep Paralysis

I read it & appreciate it - up to a point. Thing is for me, all our "scientific" rationales for sleep paralysis and associated horrifying "hallucinations" are just as hypothetical (for the most part) as the legends of demons etc. My longterm other half has suffered from SP & all the horror it...
  12. AngelAlice

Well this is weird because according to this site sunset on October 21 in Melbourne is, as Maximus says, 19.42! I wonder if summer/winter time transition is creating confusion?
  13. AngelAlice

ok - if sunset was at 7.42pm and Valentich "disappeared" at 7.20pm then we know it wasn't nighttime or even twilight - the sun was still above the horizon and it was basically pretty broad daylight. Surely that's one factor we can regard as definite? Whatever it was, it happened with the sun...
  14. AngelAlice

It Happened To Me! Then I Realised It Hadn't

Years and years ago when I was a teen I was talking to my dad and cousin about UFOs. My dad, a firm sceptic, was telling us how anyone can mistake mundane objects for something unexplained. We both refused to accept this. But then, with perfect timing, he pointed out the window into the sky...
  15. AngelAlice

Mormons

Public lice are the worst kind of lice.
  16. AngelAlice

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

I've just read this entire thread, and here's my take for what it's worth. I have to say I don't find No. 9's story particularly persuasive or convincing - and her subsequent conduct toward Carl doesn't help inspire confidence. I'm sure No.9 is convinced what happened to her that day was...
  17. AngelAlice

I'm not totally sure there isn't some weird phenomenon or unknown creature behind the Bigfoot sightings, but the sheer delusion of the hardcore true believers is definitely impressive and cult-like. This "Sasquatch" is universally praised by the channel author & his following for being "legit"...
  18. AngelAlice

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Nooooo though. I remember the original ad having a Yorkshire accented voice over - not Geordie or West Country! I was genuinely shocked when I saw this version.
  19. AngelAlice

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Hello all - so very happy this place has been saved and so grateful to all the hardworking people who made it happen. If we’d lost it all it would have been a tragedy. - And we even have our dear old avatars!
  20. AngelAlice

Where Have All The IH2Ms Gone?

May I make a suggestion about how to format the restored posts? Maybe instead of adding the full text lower down the thread you could just remove the dead link in the original and add the full text there? That way the whole story is available at the top of the thread
  21. AngelAlice

Where Have All The IH2Ms Gone?

Yay - this is terrific news, worth waiting for :curt:
  22. AngelAlice

Weird Bus Stop Encounter

I don't want to be alarmist but seriously, if I confused an event happening EIGHT years ago with one happening THIRTY years ago I'd be concerned. That's not a normal amount of confusion. If it was me I'd want to be checked out neurologically.
  23. AngelAlice

These Roads Lead... Where?

There's a third idea, and one I favour. That if you do travel back it means you already did and were a part of that time/event when it first occurred. Anything you do will therefore already have been done by you and be a part of the history you already know. For example, if you go back to save...
  24. AngelAlice

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

Sorry, should have been less cryptic - but I see others have filled in the blanks on my behalf! :-)
  25. AngelAlice

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

FWIW - the OP’s pic (when we finally get to see it) looks very dodge to me. Could be a bird taking off. Could be something else. But that “wake” - first thing it says to me on looking close is CLONE STAMP.
  26. AngelAlice

Burtons Ghost?

Hmm...he’d need to be a bit below par mentally to fail to notice the black mist was in front of his eyes wherever he was looking.
  27. AngelAlice

It Happened To Us: IHTM Incidents With Multiple Witnesses

By the way - here’s a link to my first multiple witness event - reported here way back in 2006!
  28. AngelAlice

It Happened To Us: IHTM Incidents With Multiple Witnesses

Yes, I am still here, though more of an infrequent reader now. So far as I recall the feet would have been roughy level with the floor. They certainly didn’t seem to give any impression of floating. They looked pretty regular, though maybe slightly translucent, or at least poorly defined. It...
  29. AngelAlice

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Ok I have a similar story to Cochise's lost lighter. In our house we use a cocktail stick to prop open the spout of the kettle (no need to go into why). We keep the stick on the counter next to the stove where the kettle resides. Today I went to make tea and couldn't find the stick. Searched the...
  30. AngelAlice

When Things Turned Upside Down

We can sometimes be quite grown up before we recognise our parents' fallibility, and until we do we can unconsciously assume responsibility for all their failings. I was about 40 before I realised I couldn't be responsible both for my parents' conduct toward me any more than my children are...
  31. AngelAlice

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

Yes. There are considerable anomalies in places with the CO2/temperature line up. It doesn't necessarily mean there's no connection, but it does imply CO2 might be a relatively weak force compared to others. It just underlines the whole absurdity of trying to sell CAGW as some sort of proven...
  32. AngelAlice

Global Warming & Climate Change: Humans' Reactions & Responses

Well. P i'm assuming your total failure to respond over the past 24 hours is because you can't find any of the real-world data you so sneeringly claimed to be there. That doesn't surprise me, because as I said, there isn't any. Even the Wiki article makes the point...
  33. AngelAlice

I don' see how that sentence has any relevance to anything I said. No, not really. But if you can find any such real world evidence then obviously I'd be interested to see it. Can you?
  34. AngelAlice

Ok, but don't forget that until recently many skeptics considered the warming to be insignificant too. And do you know what changed their minds? Did it start warming again? No, they "revised" the figures in their datasets so that 2010 became as warm as 1998 when it hadn't been before, and thus...
  35. AngelAlice

Well, I'll let you quibble. At least you finally agree with the rest of the word that the HS is broken ;-) Your last sentence seems a little superfluous. Skeptics don't dispute the warming (though less than 0.8 degree in 150 years is not that much is it?); you and I are not disagreeing about...
  36. AngelAlice

No, I mean since the IPCC replaced it with AR4 in 2007. I don't mean to be rude, but I thought you had studied this subject?
  37. AngelAlice

Well, I would think the fact that no one uses it any more is pretty conclusive wouldn't you?
  38. AngelAlice

(At this point we should recall that an earlier generation of predictions said that NYC would be partially underwater by 2008.) There's little value in posting alarmist mainstream articles as sources of evidence. a. because we already know, through Schneider that these tend to be...
  39. AngelAlice

Even Mann's colleagues tried to warn that the HS was messed up. Keith Briffa said in an email: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ate-change "It should not be taken as read that Mike's series is THE CORRECT ONE...I know there is pressure to present a nice tidy story as regards...
  40. AngelAlice

It's not non-science P, it's the same science being used by catastrophists. The point is - and I think every climate scientist would agree here - you can't use a "human timescale" to measure climate patterns and trends. Or at least if you do you won't be able to distinguish longterm...
  41. AngelAlice

Manmade Climate Change: The Deeper Agenda

I don't get what the controversy is - everyone can see the skeptical side isn't equally represented on Wiki. if you think that's justified then fine, but it's still obviously true.
  42. AngelAlice

The point that Brown was trying to make in the comment I quoted is that ad homs are pointless, insulting and distracting. I think we can assume that applies to both sides don't you? It's as wrong to call someone a Nazi as it is to call someone else a Holocaust-Denier. Because it's wrong to use...
  43. AngelAlice

I'm not disputing the citation. Both sides can claim citation. I'm just saying one side of the argument is under-represented on Wiki is all. I'm pretty sure lots of people have tried to even it up - but in Wiki Wars the victory can tend to go to the more numerous and persistent rather than...
  44. AngelAlice

Not really wanting to get involved in this particular "debate", but it's undeniably true that certain Wiki pages can become colonised by one prevailing view. This isn't necessarily wrong, but it can be misleading when issues are complex and one side is under-represented. The skeptical view of...
  45. AngelAlice

It's kind of ironic that in saying this you're doing the very thing he's talking about - focusing on ad homs and personalities and ignoring the issue. What does it matter where he said it? What about the point he was making? For example - here's him explaining his reasons for skepticism...
  46. AngelAlice

Well if you mean the sections of Robert Brown's post I quoted, then I think that is important, but it deals with much wider issues than who said what when. He says very pertinent things about ad homs obscuring real debate - and is very clear about the real nature of skepticism. Did you read...
  47. AngelAlice

As you wish, it's not really very important is it?
  48. AngelAlice

You seem to have missed the point that it was tens if not hundreds of people who objected to the word "denier", not Watts; and that the author of the letter retracted the term himself - on Watts' website. Also there is an important difference between using denigrating terms unofficially on...
  49. AngelAlice

Noted. But do you think I am denying AGW? because i've said several dozen times that I'm not. The rational skeptical argument is not saying "AGW isn't happening", it's pointing out that the amount of certitude claimed for it by the likes of Mann and Hansen is irrational. And accepting the...
  50. AngelAlice

There's been a lot of furore lately about the use of the unscientific word "deniers" to label those with varying degrees of doubt about AGW. Dr. Paul Bain recently published a letter in Nature using that word and has been forced to issue an apology and clarification on the WUWT website...
Back