• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. AngelAlice

Manmade Climate Change: The Deeper Agenda

I originally posted this on the Global warming thread, but Pietro, true to his word, moved it to a thread discussing the CH4 doc 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'. Since this comment has nothing to do with that doc, and since we can no longer post any criticisms of AGW on the Global Warming...
  2. AngelAlice

Global Warming Means 'Putting Democracy On Hold'?

Let's start this thread with these words from James Lovelock, when asked by a Guardian interviewer for his views on how Climate Change should be combatted... James Lovelock in the Guardian 2010 Shall we put cards on the table? How many people here who accept AGW is real and potentially...
  3. AngelAlice

Strange Deaths: The Bogle-Chandler Case

Not sure if it belongs here, but if not some kind Mod can move it. I'm on vacation atm and was spending the day browsing around when I stumbled on this.... http://www.boglechandler.com/ The details are just beeezaaare. The prevailing theory is swamp gas or something, but have no...
  4. AngelAlice

It Happened To Us: IHTM Incidents With Multiple Witnesses

How many of us have had Fortean experiences that were also witnessed by one or more other people? I've had two or three such things happen to me, starting with the weird thing I and a friend of mine saw in the cathedral some years ago (it's way down in the depths of IHTM somewhere). If I'd...
  5. AngelAlice

Texan 'bald coyotes'

Did anyone see a documentary about these on a few weeks ago on UK TV? Some interesting points - 1. They are apparently very closely related to coyotes, but the DNA is not identical. 2. The morphology is significantly different. Aside from the obvious fact they are hairless, the forelegs...
  6. AngelAlice

curious incident

This happened two days ago to a friend of mine. It's possibly very minor, but still I think it should be recorded. Just to give a little background, the person this happened to - call him Chaz - is an unusually observant, methodical individual. The sort of person who will always know the...
  7. AngelAlice

Classic Archive Link Thread

Thought I'd create a clean new thread for posting the archive org. links in... Here's one to kick off... A GHOST CALLED HORSE: Thread Link archive.org link ---------------------------------- WILLOW THE WISP: Thread Link archive.org link -----------------------------------...
  8. AngelAlice

The Meaning Of 'Conspiracy'

Is 'conspiracy' now used as shorthand to mean "silly theory only nuts could take seriously"? Are there any examples of institutional conspiracy that it's respectable to take seriously? Can anyone give an example where governments or major institutions, like the CIA, or MI5, have conspired...
  9. AngelAlice

FAO Mods!

Guys - the old IHTM pages, where all the best and earliest stories were archives separately have simply vanished en masse. Every time you try to click on them you get a 'file not found' return. Mods - consider what's at stake! These stories are an irreplaceably valuable resource; a store of...
  10. AngelAlice

Where Have All The IH2Ms Gone?

Hey people, haven't posted here for a while, and am wondering where all the 'IH2M' threads have gone. Whenever we're invited to click on a 'read more' option we just get a 'File Not Found' return... Like this example here... What's going on? I want to read these little gems! (edited to...
  11. AngelAlice

the figure in the cathedral

Okay, I have been posting here for a few weeks, but I haven’t yet had the nerve to come here and tell my own story. I want to start by giving some background to myself. I come from a family of sceptics, trained in a scientific way of analysis and deduction, and I have always felt happiest...
  12. AngelAlice

"I Do Not Believe in Anything" (The Issue of Belief)

As a companion to my previous post "the preparedness to accept we don't know". how many people here agree with this?
  13. AngelAlice

Being Prepared to Accept the Limits of What We Know

Hi, I'm new here, and I just want to offer a tentative perspective on all this. There seems to be a bit of a division between the 'sceptics', who endeavour to explain everything through received ideas about reality, and the experiencers, who, while willing to accept they may have been...
Back