• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

Abnormal Physical Strength In A Crisis (Hysterical Strength)

It's possible that he did hurt himself quite badly but didn't realise at the time. With severe injuries there can be a grace period of up to 30 minutes during which the victim feels no pain. I read of one case where a man had his leg nearly blown off by a 50 caliber round from a Chinese...
  2. T

saint judas(?)

We've already established that. Although I would prefer to say the Pope Gregory willfully misinterpreted the gospel because he was a patriarch invested in a patriarchal reading of the bible trying to maintain the status quo.
  3. T

Beckjord In Our Own Back Yard

It's a real life nickname. My own brother thinks I resemble a large, rabid, male St Bernard dog. Obviously I didn't beat him enough when we were children. :roll: :wink: Cujo
  4. T

Abnormal Physical Strength In A Crisis (Hysterical Strength)

I know of a couple of instances of unusual abilities in times of crisis. My mother's uncle and his son were invoved in a car accident that left the son trapped under a van. The uncle grabbed a chain out of the back of the van, attached one end to the van,trew the other over the branch of...
  5. T

saint judas(?)

There is a Saint Judas but he wasn't Judas Iscariot. There were two diciples called Judas. He is known as Saint Jude, patron saint of lost causes. Mary Magdalen was not a prostitute. This was a slander against her by the Catholic church for which it has since appologised. The oldest...
  6. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well the Comte had a lot in Common with a certain Casanova, didn't he...
  7. T

You might think that but I couldn't possibly comment.
  8. T

Ah Valerie Solanis, founder and only memeber of SCUM (The Society for Cutting up Men) and author of the SCUM manifesto. A few quotes from the woman herself from said manifesto: She also liked to refer to men as "Walking Abortions". I always used to wonder what happened to her that led...
  9. T

Our beloved MENSA member, spirit photographer, bigfoot hunter and origonal mothman has returned to the cut and thrust of reasoned debate. Well I say reasoned but what I mean is that he's posting on the JREF forums. The thing that amazes me most about dear old eric is not that he uses...
  10. T

Derren Brown: Master Mind-Manipulator

Nah I'd like to see Brown take on Acorah and Geller by himself. Randi's an old man and i reckon Derran would be up for the challenge. It might draw the fight out a couple of rounds. Cujo
  11. T

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

I did hear a statistic that it happens to 20 American men a year when the woman they are having sex with twists round to answer the bedside phone. Who the hell answers the phone during sex? If you have the presence of mind to answer the phone then someone is doing something wrong.
  12. T

Abnormal Mind E-Mail

Obviously what you have there is Captain Scarlet's toolbox.
  13. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Culloden. And he was a piper.
  14. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I've been a Dr Who fan since I was 3 (John Pertwee, circa 'Carnivale of the Monsters') and I still say that Ace was the best ever assistant. Cujo
  15. T

Unusual results of knee surgery. - Occult and Wholistic

Perhaps it's simply that before you had an unconsious awareness that something wasn't right with your body. You knew that you "weren't whole". Now that's gone.
  16. T

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

I used to know a woman who claimed that something similar had happened to a bloke she was having sex with. Everything was going fine then, suddenly, there was blood everywhere. Some sort of burst blood vessel in the penis and it sprayed all over the room. Yeach. The poor guy.
  17. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

And a smart Dalek too. "You would make a good Dalek." How to really hurt the Doctor's feelings.
  18. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Paul McGann did the online version of Shada - from the Douglas Addams script for Tom Baker that was never finished because of industrial action. I thought it was excellent.
  19. T

Richard Stanley's Early Films (Hardware & Dust Devil)

I think I saw the full Version of Dust Devil on Channel 4 a while ago. It was one of those late night things introduced by Mark Kermode. I think it's one of the best horror movies I've every seen. Chilling but with genuine warmth.
  20. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Whovian. Though 'Whobie' would be could for a newbie Whobvian.
  21. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

If you sit your but down on the sofa with your child and put your arm around them and tell them that the ghosts on the TV aren't real and can't get them then they don't tend to get so scared. Of course that means actually spening some time with your kinds. It means not using the TV as a...
  22. T

Weird Experience With Sigil Magic

Re: Freaky Dream If you don't mind me asking - What on earth gave you the idea that sumoning a demon might be good? Let alone by Sigil. Everything I've heard about Demonolgy (mostly a pile of bobbins, I'm sure) suggests that any summoning must be done with great care and lot's of safety...
  23. T

Rare & Bizarre Syndromes

The robot/Imposter thing is cuased by damage to that part of the brain that links faces with emotional memories. The sufferer recognises the face but doesn't feel the emotional charge normally associated with it. Thus they believe that the person has been substituted. I saw it on a TV...
  24. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

My two-year-old daughter loved it too. Mr Sneed seemed fairly smart. I think he could have guessed what zombie meant from the context. That's how we all learned it. I doubt any of us had to look it up in the dictionary the first time we saw a cheesy horror movie where the walking dead...
  25. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Joanna Lumly.
  26. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I bet what's happened is that Eccelstone was quite happy to do more untill the thing went out and now he can't leave the house without being accosted by children and, worse still, rabid adult fans. Tom Baker said one of the hardest things is that when you're Doctor Who you can never be off...
  27. T

Abnormal Mind E-Mail

Black Spanner here. Maybe the statistic just doen't apply to Forteans because we are all free thinkers.
  28. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

The "I fought in the war" line. That bugged me too at first but then it occured to me that the Wiliam Hartnal Doctor - the first incarnation - was already an old man when we met him. Perhaps when that Doctor was a young man he was foolish and idealistic enough to have fought in a war. Maybe...
  29. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I had Zombies ,or possibly Mummies, under my bed. And they used to hide in the wardrobe and to ottoman. Barstewards.
  30. T

Roundabout way of sending in the Air Force

The movie was the Clint Eastwood film Heartbreak Ridge
  31. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

We watched it with 'Aty', who despite being just 2, seemed to enjoy it. She was particularly impressed with the bit where "the man went in the bin". Cujo
  32. T

Travellers wrecking their own stuff.

Most white western European couples. This is not true in all cultures. To some cultural groups the idea of being separated from your family group is horrifying. Particularly groups with a strong oral cuture. How can children learn their history but from thier grandparents. Cujo
  33. T

Travellers wrecking their own stuff.

It's one thing to say that there are bad egss amongst the Asylum Seeker and Traveller communities it's quite annother to say: Without explaining where these 'facts' come from. If you post something as a Fact you really should state your source. Cujo
  34. T

John Dee's Crystal Stolen From Science Museum

Cripes! They must be planning on using it. They nicked the manual too.
  35. T

Supervolcanoes / Supervolcanos

Eeeeeeeeeeeuch We've all got to die some time but being incinerated in a pyroclastic flow does not make it into my top ten list of ways to go. That sort of thing is terrifying and yet it makes me a little bit proud of humanity to know that one of us faced oncoming death by taking photos of...
  36. T

New Machines Could Turn Homes Into Small Factories

We could be on the verge of a technological great leap forward. Maybe we're finnaly going to get to live int the 21st century that we were promised. Of course what will probably happen is that someone will point out that copying the maching constitutes copywrite theft.
  37. T

Competitions in FT

I've won FT comps twice. First time it was a Cd of womb sounds and an X-Files Graphic novel. The secondtime it was the computer game Startopia for the PC and a matching mousemat. Sorry.
  38. T

Pregnancy / Contraception / Birth Control: Fact vs. Fiction

But surely a woman blooms during pregnancy? I know I'm soooooooo lucky. And you're not getting him off me.
  39. T

Pregnancy / Contraception / Birth Control: Fact vs. Fiction

Sex to induce labour - not to do with the sperm it's to do with the female orgasm. During orgasm the body produces prostaglandins (sp?) A hormone produced all through pregnancy but which peaks in the run up to labour. If you're almost ready to pop the slight increase might push you over the...
  40. T

Weird Experience With Sigil Magic

If you have difficulty forgetting then you could try doing a bunch of them in one go. You can't possibly remember them all.
  41. T

Steamboy

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Time to book the baby sitter.
  42. T

Dark City

I love Dark City. I feel that it's the film the Matrix wishes it was.
  43. T

What type of brain do you have?

EQ = 42 SQ = 42 Almost perfectly balanced. (The axises meet at 43) :D Cujo (BTW does anyone know how to spell the plural of axis?)
  44. T

Jodi Jones Trial Shown Manson Paintings Of Black Dahlia

I think they're wheeling out all this Marilyn Manson crap because they can't find a motive. There is some strong evidence though. He discovered the body. He climbed over a wall and then claimed that he could see it 30 yards away, in a wooded area, at night. Sounds to me like he already knew...
  45. T

Redress For Victims Of Witch / Witchcraft Persecution (Pardons; Etc.)

I think the law was based on the rationalist principal that there's no such thing as real magic. Therefore anyone claiming to be a witch is either crazy, and needs to be commited, or a fraud, and needs to be prosecuted as such.
  46. T

World's Youngest Criminals

Obviously the film (Shrek) warped his fragile little mind. Well that's what they'd say if he'd been watching Child's Play or playing Grand Theft Auto III
  47. T

Blakes 7

I don't see why it has to be either Dr Who or Blake's 7. I loved them both when I was growing up, though in very different ways.
  48. T

Well he must be making money out of something cause it's not like he's starving. Besides he must be paying his Mensa fees. Has anyone mentioned yet that he's a member of Mensa?
Back