• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. mikfez

Otter In The Village

https://nextdoor.co.uk/p/-NCLwNgwnGF4?utm_source=share&extras=MTc1OTIxODk5NDkyODk= Looks like an otter to me.
  2. mikfez

Woman Dressed As Nun Seen Dancing With Skeleton Outside Hull Graveyard

Bizarre sight for drivers and passers-by on Spring Bank West Hull Daily Mail Link The woman was wearing a cream nun’s habit and coif headpiece. She was seen appearing to dance with one model human skeleton and playing with another of what looked like a dog.
  3. mikfez

Magpie Whisperer

This is really heartwarming :)
  4. mikfez

Daphnia Spiral Dance

The video was taken on the 17th June 2021 - it shows Daphnia in my wildlife pond massing together to form spirals at the surface. The rippling effect was caused by the Daphnia. They were still at it today ... Sorry it's not the best shot video
  5. mikfez

The Dubuque Frog Hail (1882)

An interesting collection of reports and explanations of extraordinary hail and the Dubuque Frog Hail Incident
  6. mikfez

Pink Rainbow

Rare pink rainbow forms over East Yorkshire > The pink appearance of the rainbow, as opposed to its typical full spectrum, comes as a result of an optical illusion and is described as a very rare phenomenon. This happens as the red in the rainbow is refracted due to the sun being lower when is...
  7. mikfez

Sound Mirror

Not so much new science but it was in the day - This is the Sound Mirror on the East Yorkshire coast between Easington and Kilnsea > It was used to detect aircraft prior to the invention of radar. Wikipedia Link
  8. mikfez

Lo! First Edition - Signed

If you have $4000 to spare > eBay Link Signed by Charles Fort on the page following the front free endpaper in black ink, inscribed to previous owner.
  9. mikfez

Hull Exorcist Battles Spirits Who Set Woman Alight And Threw Him Downstairs

Ralph Keeton says he has a special gift which allows him the communicate with spirits Link to Hull Daily Mail Article "Sceptics will certainly laugh in derision about the stories he can tell and he doesn’t blame them... ... what I do is a little different. I go into the room and ask them what...
  10. mikfez

Ancient & Unexplained Mysteries Bundle - Fanatical

£13.25p for 25 books of Ancient & Unexplained Mysteries - all in PDF format Link to Fanatical Book Bundle Not to my taste but > With this fascinating eBook collection, you will look into the popular series by Erich Von Daniken, including ‘Evidence of the Gods’ and ‘Remnants of the Gods’. Where...
  11. mikfez

The London Beer Flood (1814)

The Great London Beer Flood 1814
  12. mikfez

Peter Sellers' 'Metal Underwear'

Legendary British actor and comedian Peter Sellers had a (Dr Strange)love affair with his “metal underwear”. Sellers claimed that he had no personality of his own, which explained his need to inhabit other characters. Cars, like characters and costumes, represented different personalities he...
  13. mikfez

Prisencolinensinainciusol

What language is this chap singing in? Link to Wikipedia Article
  14. mikfez

Marine Observer: A Quarterly Journal Of Maritime Meteorology

When I was a Radio Officer in the merchant marine we used to send regular weather reports to the Met Office - these telegrams were known as OBS. Along with these reports, the mates used to send in written reports of unusual sightings which were then published every quarter in the Marine Observer...
  15. mikfez

Of Mud & Flame: The Penda's Fen Sourcebook

Strange Attractor are publishing Of Mud & Flame: The Penda's Fen Sourcebook edited by Edited by Matthew Harle and James Machin Strange Attractor Website Of Mud & Flame includes insightful essays by scholars across a range of disciplines including television history, literature, theatre, and...
  16. mikfez

Stately Ghosts Of England

A wonderful NBC program (in living colour) with Margaret Rutherford and an assortment of the upper crust Stately Ghosts of England - YouTube It's in 5 parts of around 10 minutes each "Ghosts inhabit 4 out of 5 England's historic houses"
  17. mikfez

17 People Die At A Hanging Of William Saville

Nottingham - National Justice Museum At the hanging of William Saville in 1844 -12 people died in the crush, 5 died later of their injuries and over 100 people were seriously hurt. Just another day out for the family.
  18. mikfez

Michelangelo - A Different View

Exhibition featuring close-up views of Michelangelo's famous frescoes that adorn the Sistine Chapel in Rome Article in Hull Daily Mail The exhibition runs until the 18th November and is well worth visiting - you need to book online but it's free to enter Hull Sistine Booking The images are...
  19. mikfez

William Bradley

Britain's Tallest Man Ever Market Weighton - his specially built house is just across the road from this statue (high ceilings and doors) Wikipedia Entry
  20. mikfez

OOP Person

I'm not sure what happened to me but - I was attending a Good Councillor Course at Bishop Burton College yesterday and during a break I went out to get a cup of tea. On my return there was a young man stood in the middle of the room with shoulder length black hair which was dripping wet - he...
  21. mikfez

Americapox

The Missing Plague and the follow up Animal Domestication
  22. mikfez

Big Cat 'The Size Of A Large Dog' Filmed Roaming East Yorkshire Fields

A video filmed in fields near Skidby this weekend Not very clear and no real indication of size The Daily Mirror has thoughtfully provided a guide on > How to survive an ABC
  23. mikfez

Ayla Kirstine: The Horse Lady

Equine Woman Running and Jumping Like Horse Rather elegant or rather weird
  24. mikfez

Black Fox

One of my dogs chased a black fox down a country road this morning (East Yorkshire). Bit too fast to get a picture unfortunately.
  25. mikfez

Masturbation: Abstinence & Indulgence

Apparently it was National Masturbation Day on Tuesday (28th May) The first National Masturbation Day was observed May 7, 1995, after sex-positive retailer Good Vibrations declared the day in honor of Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders, who was fired in 1994 by President Bill Clinton for suggesting...
  26. mikfez

Funnel Cloud/Twister Over Hull

Hull Daily Mail Report The Met Office only defines a cloud as a tornado if it touches the ground, and it is possible the sighting was that of a funnel cloud.
  27. mikfez

Weird Weekend North 2019: Rixton-With-Glazebrook

Saturday - MC - Richard Freeman with his hand up a chimps back passage. Bob Gandy - A Miscellany of Merseyside Mysteries - Phantom Hitchhikers Nathan Jackson - A very detailed and comprehensive look at Big Hairy Monsters The World Over Glen Vaudrey - An excellent example of a Fortean...
  28. mikfez

Fortean Type Books On eBay

There are some rather interesting books on eBay at the moment - eBay Listing
  29. mikfez

First Day Of The Week?

I've just put up our 2019 kitchen calendar which will have all out appointments etc. on it and the bastards have started the week on Sunday. This has seriously screwed up January as I started filling in stuff and then realised that their week didn't start on Monday as the days are over the top...
  30. mikfez

Outer Limits Magazine: UFO Conference 2018 In Hull

1st September 2018 An interesting day included Paul Sinclair reporting on anomalous phenomena in East/North Yorkshire. https://truthproof.webs.com/ Col. Charles Halt on the Rendlesham Forest Incident. http://charleshalt.com/ John Hanson went on a rather chaotic ramble around his Haunted Skies...
  31. mikfez

The Hauntings Of Hull’s Shopping Centres

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/history/wet-footprints-ghostly-men-overalls-1784720 Alarms going off is stretching it a bit - I like the idea of an RAF Balloon Command though.
  32. mikfez

Hull Brothers Claim Home Was Haunted By Violent Ghost

A pair of Hull brothers haunted by a ghost that attacked and beat up visitors to their Hull home have described what life is like living with a poltergeist. https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-ghost-haunted-house-poltergeist-1673170
  33. mikfez

Burglary Coincidence

I've just returned from a short break in Rutland staying in a B&B where the owners lived off-site. On the last night I was reading in bed, in the early hours of the morning, when there was a couple of dull thuds from downstairs and then the alarm went off, by the time I got to the window the...
Back