• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

Flying Man Buzzes Aircraft (Macclesfield / Manchester; 2014)

The gadget show on channel 5 did a section on this, when they are painted up as normal people they look very convincing. http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-s ... ro-build-2
  2. C

It's all coming back.

There is another side to this, with the rise of web-comic fandoms like Homestuck (These are the people that 4Chan decided not to raid as there wasn't anything they could put on their forums that might shock them) and various others, The Kids are using huge amounts of scrap books to draw...
  3. C

Weird Business-Proposition Emails

If you get any dubious looking emails (in outlook, or your webmail) it is a good idea to drop them in the junkmail folder before viewing them, this converts all of the linked images and words into their full path addresses, though thats not much use on a forum. IE: if you get an email from a...
  4. C

Weird Business-Proposition Emails

It looks like Bayesian poisoning, it's a spamming technique that wraps spam in a cloud of non-spam words. Although in this case it looks like an attempt to see if a targeted address is an active account, and whether it has an effective spam-filter (ie do they get a read response) Bayesian...
  5. C

Fortean Food

Surely the Vegetable Lamb of Tartary would come under the title of Fortean Food, bushes fruiting sheep are not a usual thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_Lamb_of_Tartary
  6. C

Truecrypt encryption compromised?

Putting the pieces together, it would appear that version 7.2 was compromised during development, but the version 7.1a is still OK, and the project is moving forward under a Swiss team. Again we are may be in the world of secret laws, and gagging orders, but it looks like the Latin message is...
  7. C

Chupacabras

So when all is said and done, this thread is in fact about alien looking blood-suckers that feast on furry mammals. Its just a question of scale :D
  8. C

UnCon 2013?

Give me a shout when you are down, if UnCon isn't on we can go an scare the tourists in Covent Garden or summat :D
  9. C

Airliner 'had narrow miss with UFO'

Could be a microlight, they have small signatures that can be filtered out as noise by radar. Discussion on the topic here: Link
  10. C

UFOs: Dis-Information

Umm... regardless of his current preoccupations, Nick was never an investigator, he was in charge of an "Information" desk based in an RAF building, and had a few staff around him. They basically fielded calls that were requesting information, and they were where people who rang up to report...
  11. C

The problem with people like Bob Lazar filling this role is that it is reasonably straight forward to cast doubt on parts of their back-story, in essence the foundation which they can claim to be an SME (i.e his education), that is if you as a government agency want to be the ones who do the...
  12. C

*Cough!* *Cough!* Nick Pope *Cough!* *Cough!*
  13. C

Uncontacted Tribes Of The Amazon

This may clarify things a touch, as it would appear that the tribe has been known since 1910 http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/ ... -hoax.html
  14. C

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

Its most likely one of your extensions causing the problem, restart FF in safe-mode (the FF option, not Windows safe-mode) and enable your extensions one at a time, to see which one is dodgy.
  15. C

A lovely game, really.

Page of video previews http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/853/8 ... ids_1.html
  16. C

Russian Wolf Boy

>Source< A grand old Fortean theme, that puts one in mind of the many stories that have surfaced out of Indian and other places over the years. Though a little Pravda-esque for the Daily Mail, they will no doubt soon be demanding the government tighten the borders just in case he is making...
  17. C

Squirrel-Rat Hybrid Inspiration?

I think montyuk1 was implying that mangy tailed squirrels were the inspiration for squirrat stories, not that the Nutkin in the picture was a squirrat.
  18. C

Personal Details

I agree in part with what you are saying Peripart. but speaking as a Physicist (lie) from New Jersey (lie) who has some experience of both Anthropology (lie) and has written several papers (lie) on the cultural dynamics of internet communities (lie), I find that even looking at someones profile...
  19. C

I have a theory......

...and still is a nice thought, and a good idea for a story. What if you remove the whole concept of ethnicity and simply pick your individuals to be combined by their DNA signatures, that way global position and cultural backgrounds would be irrelevant. The Alien overlords could trace these...
  20. C

New juvenile sasquatch/OOP ape photos

In my humble opinion it is an unwell (for whatever reason) bear Two reasons, one is the proximity of cubs to what would otherwise be a strange animal, and the other is that the length of limb is by no means a convincing argument. If you look at these two examples of young bears, though...
  21. C

Marks & Spencer Vouchers - Is this legit?

... And additionall from Persimmons themselves http://corporate.persimmonhomes.com/psn ... contactus/
  22. C

Were Aleister Crowley & Adolf Hitler One And The Same?

You might be onto a bit of a loser historically there Aleister Crowley was born in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, on 12 October 1875 Adolf Hitler was born on 20th April 1889 in Braunau am Inn, Austria Both are reasonably easy to verify through official records. Whilst Israel Regardie's...
  23. C

Blue Sunshine, LSD, and Madness

My mother is a biochemist at a large teaching hospital. A few years ago they were clearing out an old storeroom and she was assigned to say yes/no as to whether things should be kept. Anywho, one of the students presented her with a large bottle for inspection and it turned out to be a ltr of...
  24. C

Militant Agnosticism

Shout it loud, undecided and proud.
  25. C

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Xmas Lizard ...And the three wise men brought gifts of gold, frankensense, and a freshly slaughtered goat. >Source<
  26. C

Creation Versus Evolution

Excellent find Myth It does seem to fit together very neatly (perhaps too much so, but time will tell) and is worth a dig around for further research on the topic.
  27. C

The Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

A stabalised edit of the infamous film. >Here<
  28. C

There is no real reason (apart from dogmatic ones) why creationism should not embrace evolution. God creates and then sets the processes in motion to complete, and belief stays intact, even if the same can't be said for the dogma that supports it.
  29. C

Was Jesus An Illusionist / Magician?

As a slight tangental note on this, there is also the theory that he was travelling with the wealthy tin merchant Joseph of Arimathea. As Cornwall was a centre of tin trade at this time it also gives rise to the hypothosis that Jesus may have visited England. Additionally this is said to be...
  30. C

A very accessible book on this topic is Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation. Lowbrow title, but it does cover a wide diversity of reproductive methods, from A to Zetasexual
  31. C

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

Here is a side view of the same guy http://modblog.bmezine.com/wp-content/u ... 8-pix2.jpg Link is dead. Here's the photo, salvaged from the Wayback Machine ... It looks suspiciously shiny, more like paint than a tat. Though the line of thought "Hmmm... this greasy skin is really cramping...
  32. C

As to the definition of the term Species, well theres the rub, because it really depends what purpose you want to put the word to: In the biblical sense it is a lot easier, you can just use the word Kinds and leave it at that
  33. C

We will have to agree to disagree when it comes to definitions. The becoming is the key is it not? The process is the tantalising part of this curiosity, and I frankly don't think that any one explaination can possibly be true in all cases. A belief that viruses can cause mutation, does not...
  34. C

And yet there it is, right in front of them Source
  35. C

Nick Pope

It would work perfectly well if he was talking absolute b*ll*cks, as this is not generally not covered by the OSA
  36. C

Religion Selector

Your ideas intrigue me, and yes I would be interested in your pamphlets/brochures. Do you have a premium rate number where could leave my bank details?
  37. C

Religion Selector

Nah it will never work, can you imagine the wedding? She'd be in white, and I'd be coated in the blood of organic hand-knitted virgin goats.
  38. C

Religion Selector

Cassandra: We're almost mirror opposites :lol: Unitarian Universalism (100%) 2. Theravada Buddhism (95%) 3. Neo-Pagan (83%) 4. Mahayana Buddhism (77%) 5. Hinduism (68%) 6. Secular Humanism (68%) 7. Jainism (65%) 8. Non-theist (64%) 9. Liberal Quakers (62%) 10. Sikhism...
  39. C

It is only endless if you work on the assumptions that a.) Someone/thing has to have made things b.) There is a point
  40. C

Almond That answer clarifies where you are coming from nicely, thank you , its been very entertaining Swan
  41. C

Almond OK, a fairly straight forward question just so I can get my head around your thinking on Panspermia Below is a family tree of birds based on mtDNA evidence. Research prompted by the The Hoatzin Problem, but I digress Is it your belief that each juncture in this tree is prompted by a...
  42. C

What Is 'Human'?

Depends on which definition of species you use Morphological species then yes, Biological species then it gets a bit shakey because they obviously can interbreed but it would be unlikely in the wild. You have to add in the geographical isolation for that one to work.
  43. C

Teleportation

Source If I am reading this correctly, by the application of a bit of tangential (and frankly ridiculous) thinking, you could copy an object to another location whilst still leaving the original where it was. Intergalactic photocopying.
  44. C

Relativity Drive means hover cars are finally possible

I am probably misunderstanding this entirely (not the first time, won't be the last) but doesn't this quote negate its use in this way, as all the acceleration would have to be achieved inside the earths gravity field and then the probe sling-shotted out ? (please be gentle with any schoolboy...
  45. C

Technical question concerning Digital photography

Additionally, if the camera is twisted slightly whilst being moved you will also get a different point of focus and some itms in it will appear more blurred than others.
  46. C

Fortean TV Sitcoms

Red Dwarf covered a lot of Fortean stuff, including an episode with Spontaneous Human Combustion and rains of fish, oh and there were Tuplas in that one as well.
  47. C

Thanks Timble that was partially my point Additionally Aethiopicus and Boisei are these days commonly considered to be in the genus Paranthropus rather than Australopithecus, so no real hope of a stright line there. Interesting little mess, isn't it?
  48. C

I was following your argument right up until this point, don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you say that the supposed evolutionary order is Apes -> Bigfoot -> CroMag, and if so who is it you think is putting this forward as a theory, because its not one that I am familiar with.
  49. C

Hybrid mutant thing.

Is it me or does that just look like a particularly ugly mongrel dog?
Back