• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

Hi everybody! Despite having the number one ranked Cumberland Spaceman webpage on Google for many years Yahoo have seen fit to do away with Geocities. I have now put this stuff, along with some other images, into an Angelfire photo album...
  2. J

Weird Circles By The River Severn

Hello. These weird circles were visible for well over a year. (You may need to pan left a bit.) It's only just occured to me to look for them on Google Maps. Make of them what you will.
  3. J

Survival and evolution of life -past & future

I couldn't. Like I typed, 'IF' I could believe nature/the universe were sentient, I object to those things. Perhaps I should have put: "'I 'would' object..." Nature certainly isn't our friend. We really should have lots of respect for such a mighty foe, even though it can have no respect for...
  4. J

Of course Life is a product of nature, but then so is degradation, suffering and death. My mother is as subject to these forces as you or I. Benefactors and victims of the same inanimate system. No woman actively creates life, pregnancy is something that happens to you. Life is the child...
  5. J

And do what with it?
  6. J

So the Earth wants us to go out and civilize the universe? ...
  7. J

Genes aren't immortal, but ideas can be. ...
  8. J

My understanding of Fort is that he was all about the evidence, even anecdotal eyewitness testimony and what he berated were the acts of theorizing and categorization. OK, maybe he accepted evidence with some reservations.
  9. J

Life will react with the universe to make something even bigger??... Theories without proof should be given equal ground? Are you sure? Evidence first, surely.
  10. J

Life will be the saviour of existence. ...
  11. J

OP deleted the content of this seminal post, rendering the rest of the thread indecipherable to varying degrees. ...
  12. J

The 80 Year Old Children: Progeria

I wonder if there is a genetic disease that slows the ageing process.
  13. J

The strangeness of people is no surprise.

The strangeness of people is no surprise. The human brain is the most complex structure in the known universe. The more complex something is, the more there is that can go wrong with it. What is surprising is that so many people are so functional.
  14. J

"...black coyotes are somewhat rare..."

I wonder why...
  15. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

Will someone please just go out there and attempt to recreate this picture? I can't believe this hasn't already happened. For some reason the more I look it the more I am reminded of that bloke who came back from holiday with a Bot Fly larvae sticking out of his head.
  16. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

I can see nothing wrong with the figure's angle: http://www.geocities.com/theysawthem/th ... _man2.html
  17. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

It's nice to see that my original observation has finally made it into print via the letters pages of FT198. Perhaps that memes idea is true. Also, if you do a Google search for Cumberland Spacemen do you also get the webpage I made as the third listing?
  18. J

Clipsters needed (especially in Glos.)

I've been covering the Gloucestershire Echo and Citizen newspapers since 1997, going into the library once a month to search through each issue for stories to send in to FT. I feel that I am no longer able to keep up so if anyone out there wants to take over then please do. I'm up to date...
  19. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/593/imag00005gy.jpg Hey, that girl is being piloted by a little man living inside her head like in that film Men In Black! He's clearly taking a moment to get some fresh air.
  20. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

I think there is a bit of a slope behind the girl. She's sitting on the ground and the picture appears to have been taken down at her level. If it were all flat back there wouldn't the horizon be lower? Is it noted anywhere whether or not Jim Templeton was crouching when he took the picture?
  21. J

The Cumberland Spaceman

Just thought I would bump this thread after noticing that the piece on page 29 of FT196 doesn't mention any of the ideas discussed here. I went a bit further and e-mailed the link to the page I made illustrating Niles' point to the NUFON address. http://www.geocities.com/theysawthem/th ...
  22. J

Is John Keel A Crank?

Hey, it's nice to see one of my old threads still alive and kicking. Three years! Crikey! I just spotted this in the latest Saucer Smear: Oh, and in the piece above it about CF and FT it says:
  23. J

FT195

If you liked the "Crypto-taxidermist" in FT195... If you liked the "Crypto-taxidermist" in FT195 you should like this: http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/
  24. J

Charles Fort Memorial Online Library

The Online Etymology Dictionary
  25. J

The Future Is Wild (TV Series)

It's probably best you missed the first episode as it was an introduction to the rest of the series which spoils most of the surprises about the weird and wonderful creatures they've come up with. They also seem to have redone the talky bits with the experts. That guy Bruce Tiffney, who seems...
  26. J

The Future Is Wild (TV Series)

Hey, this finally makes it to terrestrial TV (BBC2) in about five minutes!:
  27. J

Hellboy link to Charles Fort?

I got the two disc 'special edition', Region3 version of Hellboy a few days ago and I've found something interesting on the second disc... This is in the character biography for Professor Trevor "Broom" Bruttenholm who is played by John Hurt. It was written by Hellboy director Guillermo Del...
  28. J

FT105

And these: http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/105_thunder.shtml http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/105_thunderlegends.shtml
  29. J

FT188

Pah.
  30. J

My Parents Are Insectoids!

http://www.geocities.com/theysawthem/david_huggins.html You might be interested in the little collection of images that I've put together of paintings by alien abductee David Huggins which features praying mantis-like aliens. BEWARE: THEY CONTAIN SEXUALLY EXPLICIT IMAGERY
  31. J

Hellboy

September? I don't believe it! That's like another six months!!! More time to get more familiar with Hellboy, I suppose. I just recently got The Seed of Destruction. It's quite good, isn't it? Here's an in-depth report by someone who's seen a version of the movie (SPOILERS, I guess)...
  32. J

Lord Of The Rings Film

I do quite fancy seeing Return of the King before it disappears from the big screen, but at THREE HOURS AND TWENTY ONE MINUTES it does seem a little on the lengthy side. I seem to recall a review saying that we could get away with missing the first hour. Would you say this was so?
  33. J

Remake of The Stepford Wives

How about The Stepford Pets?
  34. J

Wild Boar

This arrived today, no mention of the Co-Op though, but it did break an old lady's leg! FOREST & WYE VALLEY REVIEW, pg3, w/e 16th JANUARY 2004 Do what extent do you think Wild Boar get mistaken for ABCs? Believe me, Cinderford isn't very urban. It's the most deprived town in the county...
  35. J

Fortean Documentaries

What do you make of them, are they worth bothering with at all? Of course, they may not have much to say to the veteran paranormal interestee, but at least you may get to see what the actual people and places involved are like. There have been a couple of different ones about Roswell over recent...
  36. J

People Unexpectedly Suspected Of Terrorism

Amazon.com's top three selling computer games the week after 9/11 were: 1. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 2. Flight Simulator 2002 Professional 3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional Don't believe me? Check out the attachment.
  37. J

Controversy About Blossom's Horns (Cow Providing Jenner's 1st Vaccine)

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=74375&command=displayContent&sourceNode=73927&contentPK=8017704
  38. J

The Chicken Or The Egg

Surely egg laying was something evolved by the chicken's distant ancestors, whatever they are called. (?->fish->dinosaurs->birds) So does the question refer to any kind of eggs or just the "oval or round reproductive body"?
  39. J

Hampton Court Ghost

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_848575.html It looks like a strange white stick figure in a robe holding a large mouse by the scruff of the neck in it's right hand.
Back