• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. W

Pendulum Irony

Here is my conclusion: It is a nitroglycerine pill bottle that someone decided to use for a pendulum. The pill bottle had once belonged to his father, now sadly deceased. This person, unknown, an avid pipe smoker, was down to his last unused flint. He knew that he had just bought a supply...
  2. W

Pendulum Irony

ID tag from 1985, or before, that would fit in that tiny space? A small black solid cylinder, as noted that looks like it could be perhaps a lighter's flint? What sort of illegal substance could that be? Best, IMHO is the nytro pill container idea. But until someone shows me info on a...
  3. W

Pendulum Irony

I shall forever regret not putting a pen, ruler, or other common object next to the pictures. This is a very small item. Plumb bobs are more massive things. They need to hang steady in the wind. The outside of my "pendulum" is: 1/4" wide and just over 3/4" long. The idea that boored...
  4. W

Pendulum Irony

Question: Mine is: 7/16" deep x 3/16" wide, for the inside measurement. Is 3/16" too small for a nitroglycerin pill? What are the dimensions of a nitroglycerin pill?
  5. W

Pendulum Irony

Very good! (solved though ??? -- read on!) I looked on the internet. Several good pics here. Some are even very similar. http://www.911medalert.com/catalog.asp?action=showitem&id=1481&cat=54 or here: http://www.medids.com/PILL-MATE.html Mine is not sealed and is threaded on the cap...
  6. W

Pendulum Irony

No need for an amputation -- just be the first to send me $1,000,000, and it's yours! The other reasoning in your reply, I'm sorry, I could not follow all the way from premiss to conclusion, even though the distance between the two was very short.
  7. W

Pendulum Irony

You could hardly be a 'party pooper' because no mundane explaination of the thing or how it got there will ever count against the wacky coincidence of having a book open about pendulums, when I found it. Remember, this is no ordinary 'find' as if I found it on a sidewalk or in a public clothes...
  8. W

Pendulum Irony

Re: Re: Thanks for the comments! Yes! That is just what it seemed like! But, I don't know if that is possible in the same sense that I know that simple human intervention is possible. I didn't mean to sound so positive about my idea, however. If I say that teleportation (an aport)...
  9. W

Pendulum Irony

Thanks for the comments! 1) Yes I think I checked for radioactivity. My wife was in hospital, for thyroid cancer and had to take a radioactive pill. The nurses had a meter to see how close they could get to her and would put tape on the floor. (Here, take this pill I'm handing to you with...
  10. W

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

Animal headed thingies When I was in high school in Portland, Oregon, USA, around the year 1969. A friend, Mike E. (name changed to protect a heck of a great guy), told me that he liked to rent a 'bear' costume and go the mall or some other public place and hand out candy and wave to people...
  11. W

Favourite Conspiracy theory

Kennedy Assaination Why? :eek: It goes back and forth, the more you learn. So many explanations make sense but only for a while. Example. No conspiracy: Decide once and for all that Oswald, on his own did it. Conspiracy: Then remember that he just got that job at that building that...
  12. W

The End Of The World

So, when haven't those things happened? Volcanos, wars, death. When have we NOT had them. Read some history. You'll probably feel worse! However, you won't feel so unique. Suggested study (just within human history!): Kracatoa volcano Black death (1/3 to 1/2 of Europe dead within...
  13. W

Contrails & Chemtrails

vapor trail Jet vapor trails would be a pretty poor method of distributing anything. This would not be done to distribute anything expensive. I personally feel that the whole vapor trail thing is pretty silly. What you are seeing is, well, vapor trails and exhaust from jets. If...
  14. W

Multiple People, Each Using One Finger, Lifting A Person

Pharadox, question for you. Sounds like a fun thing to try. I don't quite get where I'd be standing and what part of the arms I'm holding above my waist. Are their hands/arms extended and I'm lifting their hands while facing their head? Do they look up at me while this is going on (for a...
  15. W

Multiple People, Each Using One Finger, Lifting A Person

Well, that's just from distributing the weight, you know that. I do recommend a book on levitation by Steve Richards, if you can find it. It is somewhat of an historic survey. His writing is very good. He also wrote a book on invisibility that is one of my favorite books on such matters...
  16. W

Red "Blotch" In The Sky (Roanoke, Virginia; Early 1980s)

To add more. The 'rainbow' was bright and distinct. It was, in effect, rectangular. In discussing it with people the speculation, from some weather person, was that it was a rainbow. Why just red? Because, for reasons unknown I could only see part of the whole rainbow. It looked...
  17. W

Red "Blotch" In The Sky (Roanoke, Virginia; Early 1980s)

Saw something that sounds like that. It a rainbow but with only the red part. It was wider than the one color would be, by itself. It was not very long (in length). It also did not last long. This was after a heavy rain when the sun came out and it was probably an hour or two before...
  18. W

Déjà Vu (Compendium Thread)

How old are you. I used to get it all the time and lost it as I got older. It happened a lot in my early 20s. Sometimes a close friend (Lewton) would get it at the same time. It did not seem to mean anything. Supposedly, the only 'time displacement' is in the communication channels of...
Back