• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Glensheen'sGirl~

Online Hygiene News: Virus / Hacking / Spam Notes & Alerts

Why is that more logical? When I say the date I say September 15, 2002 (mm/dd/yyyy) not 2002, September 15 (yyyy/mm/dd) or 15 September, 2002 (dd/mm/yyyy). Makes more sense to me to use mm/dd/yyyy. The Japanese way makes the least sense of the three. Every once in a while I might say it...
  2. Glensheen'sGirl~

Job Interviews

I'll take door #3, just because that's my favorite/lucky number. :D
  3. Glensheen'sGirl~

Job Interviews

Hmmm. I myself have never heard a story like this. Where did you hear it from?
  4. Glensheen'sGirl~

Perfume Attacks

According to Snopes, it is false and the e-mail started in mid-October of 2001. They speculate that it was in relation to the Anthrax problems. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/perfume.htm
  5. Glensheen'sGirl~

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

Here's the Amazon link to the book. Though it shows Ric Osuna as the author. I don't know if that's a pen name DeFeo is using or not. I may check with my local library to see if I can borrow it. I don't really want to spend $22 on it myself.
  6. Glensheen'sGirl~

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

I'm a skeptic. I think the Warrens' story is as much a hoax as any other. I think they scaled it down to try to make it more believable. The attorney who prosecuted Ronald DeFeo wrote a book titled High Hopes which has the opposite rendition. DeFeo tried to so an insanity/possession...
  7. Glensheen'sGirl~

How Old Is The Forum & Who Were The Earliest Members?

And here I thought this was going to be another thread on the chicken/egg theory. :D :eek: :eek!!!!: :confused:
  8. Glensheen'sGirl~

Longest Lived UL

The book I read was about 1/4 inch think (at the most) and was red and black. It also had a story about ouija board that when 3 young girls use it causes one of them to become possessed by the devil (sort of a shortened mirror of Arthur Miller's The Crucible.) It was probably published between...
  9. Glensheen'sGirl~

Longest Lived UL

By the time I heard the Vanishing Hitchhiker story as a kid, it wasn't told as a truth like most ULs, but was just a ghost story.
  10. Glensheen'sGirl~

Longest Lived UL

The one about the high school girl going to 3 tanning booths the day of prom and then being rushed to the emergency room because she had cooked her insides with too much tanning has been around a long time. Though I'm not sure if it was prior to 1989.
  11. Glensheen'sGirl~

Spiderman or Minority Report?

I've only seen Spider-man, but I liked it. It was no Superman, but I don't think any comic book hero movie ever will be... And this, coming from a woman. :) Torgos, you have me totally psyched to see Minority Report. I'm a Tom Cruise fan, but I haven't liked or seen all of his movies, but...
  12. Glensheen'sGirl~

'Haunted' Painting

I'm always amazed at the things people will try to sell on ebay. Right down to the right to name their unborn child. :rolleyes:
  13. Glensheen'sGirl~

Hoaxes & Pranks

I'm not saying that the person who abused their trust shouldn't be punished. On the contrary, she most certainly should.
  14. Glensheen'sGirl~

Hoaxes & Pranks

Somtimes a lack of common sense deserves to be rewarded.
  15. Glensheen'sGirl~

Computer Forteana?

Back in the day when I had AOL and upgraded from 6.0 to 7.0 (or was it from 5.0 to 6.0?) it automatically set itself to log on when Windows started. I didn't realize this at first and thought my then 2 or 3-year-old daughter was putzing with my computer which she'd been warned not to do...
  16. Glensheen'sGirl~

Made me think

I think you sounded quite intelligent and reasonable kiel.
  17. Glensheen'sGirl~

Lost In Translation / Engrish

After much consideration, this is my favorite... hehehe :D :cool:
  18. Glensheen'sGirl~

Canine Forteana (Dogs' Weirdness & Wonders)

Exactly. Animals do not create their own stereotypes, but learn behavior that their owners/trainers teach them. If there's anything to question in this story it's whether or not the dog was trained to attack black people. From the sound of the story, I doubt it.
  19. Glensheen'sGirl~

According to the article the police officer stated that the dog got confused with the yelling. I wonder if the boy was yelling and that contributed to the dog attacking him...?
  20. Glensheen'sGirl~

I found this strange story... IMO, it's nuts. Racist K-9 McKEES ROCKS, PA. -- A police dog is accused of racial profiling. The five-year-old German shepherd named Dolpho is the lone police dog in McKees Rocks, Pa. Dolpho can tell the difference between marijuana, heroin and cocaine...
  21. Glensheen'sGirl~

What Common, Everyday Occurrence Do You Find Strange?

Ok ok, the oxygenated part isn't right (I was thinking that wasn't quite right when I posted it...) But I know there is some explanation that states it's blue in your veins, but red when it hits the air. Must be some other compound that reacts with it...
  22. Glensheen'sGirl~

Re: Re: Back to the subject at hand..... We all have blue blood when it's till in our bodies. It doesn't change to red until it becomes oxygenated. But you probably already knew that....
  23. Glensheen'sGirl~

...if you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious...
  24. Glensheen'sGirl~

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Most of the time ghosts and images in photos have to do with errors in developing. I'm always extremely skeptical of photos myself.
  25. Glensheen'sGirl~

Beware of affairs

The exercises that you do to strenghten those muscles are generally called "kegel exercises". OB doctors recommend them to pregnant women because it helps during child birth, as they are the muscles used to "push" the baby out.
  26. Glensheen'sGirl~

The Al Gore, Uri Geller & Enya connection

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? :D :cool:
  27. Glensheen'sGirl~

Computer Forteana?

Spooky ~ If you have 24 hour internet access (like DSL or cable) AIM will log you on all by itself, providing you have it remember your password so you don't have to enter it every time. To avoid this you need to fully exit it, meaning exit from the icon in your task bar. Used to happen to a...
  28. Glensheen'sGirl~

Computer Forteana?

'Round the office we've got a theory about little green and pink men... 'Tis possible that they've decided to pay your home a visit. Either that or you've got multiple personality disorder and one of your alter-egos is doing it. I know, I'm ever so helpful. :D :cool:
  29. Glensheen'sGirl~

Computer Forteana?

It's always best to eliminate the obvious first... You don't have any pets do you?
  30. Glensheen'sGirl~

George W Bush - Separated at birth from Prince Philip?

This page from snopes finds it "undetermined" whether or not it's true. The rumor started on May 19, 2002, so there hasn't been a lot of time for them to research it. Although it does tend to lean toward false.
  31. Glensheen'sGirl~

The Al Gore, Uri Geller & Enya connection

If I'm not mistaken, there are a lot of singers whose main or only musical talent is to sing. And no, I don't think that Britney and Justin's ability to dance is considered "musical" ability.
  32. Glensheen'sGirl~

seriously curious - have you been fighting this week?

Ok, so let's run down the people I come in contact with on a daily basis: co-workers: No change. The ones that normally drive me batty are at the same level as always (HIGH!) significant other: work scheduled prevent us from spending any time together during the week, so no contact = no...
  33. Glensheen'sGirl~

French "vampire" free - and on the net...

What's worse is that they think these guys are actually going to be reformed when/if they get out, and the women don't realize that they run a pretty high risk of becoming a victim.
  34. Glensheen'sGirl~

My strange dreams

It would be interesting to see if you have a program that even has the word "Janet" in it anywhere on your computer...
  35. Glensheen'sGirl~

Diver in the Forest...

I've seen this one in a few books debunking urban legends as well.
  36. Glensheen'sGirl~

Why Or How Did This Happen To Us?

It could have been a power surge of some sort.
  37. Glensheen'sGirl~

My strange dreams

I have a very active dream state and I used to have a lot of dreams with things in them that would happen to me later. Not huge things that were totally obvious and freaky, but not common such as going to work. Things that when it would happen in real life it made me stop and remember that I'd...
  38. Glensheen'sGirl~

World's Tiniest Baby Going Home

But I on the other hand do have one. My little girl is the most precious thing in the world to me. It's something one can never fully grasp until they have one of their own...
  39. Glensheen'sGirl~

But they are still the biggest joy a person can find in all the world, IMO. :)
  40. Glensheen'sGirl~

I realize that this isn't "Fortean", but it IS a news story and I thought that other FT members might like to read it. It's a "feel good" story and I like those. :) http://www.channel4000.com/sh/health/stories/health-148075420020525-110531.html World's Tiniest Baby Ready To Head Home...
  41. Glensheen'sGirl~

Is this forum haunted?

I agree. And we're therefore probably more likely to talk about them as well.
  42. Glensheen'sGirl~

Monsters

Bethan have you check out this thread in the Ghosts forum? It's all about night hag (and other sleep "disorders") that FT members have encountered... http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3328
  43. Glensheen'sGirl~

Monsters

That's a good point Bethan. Plus, you're more susceptible to having your mind/eyes play tricks on you when you are almost asleep or just waking up. And welcome to the boards!! =)
  44. Glensheen'sGirl~

"Murphy's Law"

hehe
  45. Glensheen'sGirl~

Weird Personal Names

Who was arguing? Did I miss something?
  46. Glensheen'sGirl~

Weird Personal Names

I don't think Kevin Sorbo's locks are considered a mullet. At least not in my opinion.
  47. Glensheen'sGirl~

Weird Personal Names

Well, of course they have the right to name them anything they want, but it would be NICE if they would take the kid into consideration... And yes, Vampira, I think Pierce is WAY HOTTT!!! I had a page on my website (when it was up and running) that had a few of the celebs that I think are...
  48. Glensheen'sGirl~

"Murphy's Law"

I can't explain the scientifics of it, but I think it has to do with the weight of the butter "pulling" gravity and flipping the bread over to that side... Is there an engineer in the house? lol
  49. Glensheen'sGirl~

Monsters

Yes, I would agree with that statement.
  50. Glensheen'sGirl~

Handedness: What's Yours?

I know they were around by the late 70s when I started school, because I remember thinking they were special because hardly anyone got to use them...
Back