• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. kiel_d

Get Rich Quick Schemes

people do get rich with these schemes... but only the originators. so the key is start your own scheme and don't sign up to anyone else's... :lol: i remember a story way back on "that's life" about a bloke who sold instructions for ensuring you never got another phone bill as long as you...
  2. kiel_d

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Re: Most Haunted - episode question Ratings? Lack of any better guff to fill airtime? This show lost all credibility a loooooong time ago. the amount of money being generated by that program would allow for much more scientific equipment and methodical investigation and less...
  3. kiel_d

Punk: Super Skunk

Almost right, taking enough Ketamine will put you into "The K Hole" where you actually "disconnect" your central nervous system from your sensory inputs and your brain (as it tends to do) fills in the gaps. Quite mind-expanding/scary stuff by all accounts. It very difficult to take enough...
  4. kiel_d

Wallace & Gromit: Curse Of The Were-Rabbit

Wallace and Gromit posters 'banned' So many differnt angles to this story, didn't know quite where to put it, here, general news, cryptozoology, urban legends... so i thought i'd put it here and let the mods sort it :wink: original story here
  5. kiel_d

"Ghost Knocking Over Boxes" Caught On Video

sorry, i mean amateur or low quality... i expected a bit better production quality since the link appears on a Beeb site..
  6. kiel_d

"Ghost Knocking Over Boxes" Caught On Video

not totally convinced... seems a bit "dick and jane" to me... someone filming a monitor, why didn't they take a copy of the tape?? as to the content, as usual fuzzy out of focus vague imagery where we're told exactly what we're supposed to be seeing before we watch it. that's about as far...
  7. kiel_d

Kevin Smith's Films

and i just remebered a good quote about kevin that was out when Pearl Harbour was released: "Randall Wallace & Michael Bay should hire Kevin Smith to teach them how to write convincing dialogue... and maybe in return Bay could teach Smith how to make a film look like it cost more than $100 to...
  8. kiel_d

Kevin Smith's Films

I know a lot of people who don't "get" kevin smith movies and it simply boils down to the fact they don't see themselves in any of it. most hollywood output is so mass-marketed that anyone, even a hermit who has had no form of contact with society for 30 years, can relate to something in them as...
  9. kiel_d

Weirdest Movie Title Ever!

I can't believe this hasn't come up yet.... The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension The oddest thing about that film being that it had a pretty well known cast.... not the oddest title but definitely the oddest movie i ever saw was: Jisatsu saakuru (Suicide Club)...
  10. kiel_d

Strange Crimes

some more digging and i have the original article... from the wakefield express website.... Story Link
  11. kiel_d

Strange Crimes

first of all i must apologise for not having the original text of this story, and for it being a bit slow off the mark, and if it's been posted before (i have looked but i may have missed it) Late June early August in my home town of Wakefield (yorkshire, UK). A young girl (13 from memory)...
  12. kiel_d

Phone Calls From The Dead

My parents moved to Cyprus when they retired and we all thought they'd be really happy there. It wasn't so, they were miserable and were unsure if they'd ever settle... One day the phone rang in their new place and they picked it up and both swear that the voice on the other end was my dad's...
  13. kiel_d

I went to the Skirrid on Sunday, just happened to be in the area so i thought i'd check it out. Lovely little pub/ B+B. The only odd thing i could report is that The Minolta 35mm SLR i was using refused to work around the hanging beam. I thought I had the settings wrong for such a dark...
  14. kiel_d

Nuclear Fusion: Research & Development

Erm... i was led to belive that it was john logi baird, who invented the television, granted he's not american so he may not appear in their educational system (snigger, snigger) but surely i haven't been lied to all these years? NOTE: Subsequent discussion on the history of television...
  15. kiel_d

The Mayday Mystery

A Little Bit Off Topic I went to a ghost walk in Epworth last year, very small place, only just big enough to be regarded as a town. We stopped at the Wesley house and at the church that is regarded as the birthplace of Wesleyan Methodism. Didn't seem to be too much mystery about the place...
  16. kiel_d

The Mayday Mystery

The possibility of a hoax has been lurking in the back of my mind also.... i was about to suggest had anyone actually gone about this in another way. all ads must be paid for, either pre-pay by cash/check/credit card or with a credit account. all of these methods (except for cash) would...
  17. kiel_d

The Mayday Mystery

From his recent input into the site i think he'd welcome someone taking the pressure off a bit. I'll do some stuff tonight and post a link to it, see if you (all) think it's suitable....
  18. kiel_d

The Mayday Mystery

A more complicated discussion system is called for i think.... possibly a message board like this one solely dedicated to the mayday mystery. Each advert could have its own forum, and the whole thing could be searchable so you could search for "PI" and see which adverts it had already been...
  19. kiel_d

The Mayday Mystery

I've only just found this thread and started looking at the problem, but i have noticed that PI and the golden spiral/ratio have cropped up multiple times, and the fibbonacci sequence has been mentioned but not really looked into. A lot of time is being spent examining the messages...
  20. kiel_d

Walt Disney Urban Legends

The list of deaths i linked to is a list of visitors who've died on rides or attractions, "Outside EPCOT" and "In The Car Park" are not rides. I'm sure that many more people have died in, or as a result of being in, the park, but that wasn't the list i posted.
  21. kiel_d

Walt Disney Urban Legends

Here's the gospel according to the almighty snopes.com Deaths on Rides and Is nobody declared dead in the park? sounds good to me.
  22. kiel_d

Strange find on my lawn

Sounds like some sage advice..... will sort it tomorrow (incidentally i did throw water on it earlier by accident) must cancel the dancing.......
  23. kiel_d

Ventriloquists' Dummies

An Article in a (very) old FT suggested a possible link with tales (UL?) of roaming gypsies who would dress as clowns to attract children who would then be snatched from their families and never seen again. But why this old (and decidedly european) crime spree would linger in collective...
  24. kiel_d

Ventriloquists' Dummies

I saw an episode of The Ray Bradbury Theater on Sci-Fi the other week and the plot was something like this (forgive my shakey hung-over memory) An ventriloquist fell in love with a chorus line girl, they got together, maybe married, but he was extremely jealous and one night in a fit of rage...
  25. kiel_d

David Blaine: How Does He Do That?

I looked at the application a while ago... one question i remember was "if you had to kill one animal at the zoo what would it be, and which animal would you set free into the city" lots of stuff like that....
  26. kiel_d

Strange find on my lawn

I'll get my mates round and have a Spinal-Tapesque dance around a small stone henge... that should frighten them off.....
  27. kiel_d

Strange find on my lawn

Oh i got that..... i thought you were suggesting something sinister Phew! :)
  28. kiel_d

Strange find on my lawn

gaol...... not that i know of... but now i'm worried, care to expand? :( I'm thinking of selling my house soon...maybe a pagan shrine would add a couple of quid? ;)
  29. kiel_d

Strange find on my lawn

I did have a crop circle of sorts about this time last year.... i got drunk one day and put up my tent and left it there for about a month.... hey presto crop-hexagon. Maybe they were leaving an offering to see if the shape would return..... i'm always happy to drink, all they had to do was...
  30. kiel_d

Strange find on my lawn

A bit of an odd one... maybe someone can help. I found on my back lawn yesterday morning a bundle of long thin sticks bound with a yellow ribbon. Having a very sketchy grounding in magic i could remember reading about spells that use similar objects to this, but not of one identical. I...
  31. kiel_d

Beggar's Mobile Phones

I run by a simple rule... if their trainers cost more than mine then they obvioulsy don't need my help. saw her a few times... baby looked bona fide to me, but i would probably have been drinking when i saw her, so it's possible. I think a lot of the cynicism (mine included) stems from...
  32. kiel_d

Jesus: Truth Or Myth?

Re: Hidden Things Like...say... Organised Religion?
  33. kiel_d

Snuff Films?

Again this is just guesswork, but refering to points raised in earlier posts, and borrowing from the film 8mm (i know dragging a hollywood film into a serious discussion isn't the best idea, but it did raise some points that bear discussion) What if a person (as in the film) was in a seat of...
  34. kiel_d

squashed cat myth

Billy Connelly does that in his stand up routine, he says that it was told to him by Liam Neison and happened to a prop manager during the filming of "Rob Roy" maybe a true story... i don't know. :)
  35. kiel_d

The BBC & Television Licensing Propaganda

Sorry to jump so far back in this thread, but.... That is bulls**t there are 5 TVs in my house(one i bought when buying my house, another is my old 14" portable from when i lived with my parents, their 25" one from when they emigrated and already had one in the house they moved into (not...
  36. kiel_d

Curse of Matrix Reloaded

IIRC The pilot told her that the plane could not carry her, her entourage and all thier luggage at once so they'd be required to make two trips, at this she spits the dummy out demands in an unfounded diva style that they make one trip and a grossly overloaded plane falls from the sky...
  37. kiel_d

I saw both these shows and i was impressed by both. I've been an avid "Most haunted" fan since it started, and i'm also a bit sceptical about this new series and the amount of stuff they're getting. maybe it's a budget increase leading to better/more equiptment? The Worlds Scariest Ghosts was...
  38. kiel_d

The Real Blair Witch

ahhhhh.. ok so the new rules of fight club go:- 1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB. 2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB. 3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over. 4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight. 5th RULE: One fight at a time...
  39. kiel_d

The Real Blair Witch

I thought that consentual assualt wasn't illegal untill a complaint was made by either party. If i won't press charges against him and he doesn't against me, who assaulted who? If not then my whole "Fight Club" idea's on a sticky wicket.... :)
  40. kiel_d

Misinterpreted Headlines

I read on the cover of a sunday paper recently:- "Myra's Last Words: Pages 8,9 &11" and thought "god, she went on a bit didn't she?" I was hung over so don't judge me too harshly. Its meanings that get me: "Man's Babboon heart rejection" Did the man's body reject a babboon heart...
  41. kiel_d

Male Breastfeeding....

:wtf: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_700634.html Widower learns to breastfeed A Sri Lankan widower has attracted the attention of doctors for his ability to breastfeed his young daughter. Mr B Wijeratne, from Walapanee, near Colombo, took to breastfeeding her soon after his...
  42. kiel_d

Corpse Mishandling

Dead man's 'tache pulled from Ananova Grieving relatives postpone funeral after corpse 'grows moustache' A grieving Romanian family had to postpone a funeral after discovering that the corpse appeared to have grown a moustache. The family of Radu Leonte, who died aged 38, in Roznov...
  43. kiel_d

The Tesla Thread

Bit of Tesla related stuff on Newscientist.com's Letters Page Here Tesla and Tunguska There is another possible - if wildly improbable - cause of the mysterious event at Tunguska in 1908 (7 September, p 14). One of Nikola Tesla's great projects was the wireless transformation of energy...
  44. kiel_d

The Washington Sniper

With regard to the ability (or otherwise) of profiling this person, they way i look at it is: If they could tell us the colour and cut of the suit the "Mad Bomber" would be wearing when arrested and get it right then they can profile anyone. --kiel--
  45. kiel_d

Steven Spielbrg demands no movies about 9/11...

Or is it a case of : Steven Speilberg demands no 9/11 movies....until he finishes his own? sorry cynicism overload...but hypocrite or what? --kiel--
  46. kiel_d

Absinthe?

Most modern Absinthe is just stong, green Pernod, but if you look hard enough on the rare drinks websites you can find a good eastern european bottle or two that will get you sufficiantly interested in the way of the demon green. I love the stuff...but as my friends and i say its a very dark...
  47. kiel_d

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

There's a bit of a nutter who wanders round leeds on friday/saturday nights (actually theres a couple of thousand, but one leaps to mind more easily) me and a group of mates came across him a fortnight ago. We were wandering up past WHSmiths and saw him just ahead of us, he was wearing...
  48. kiel_d

Owl Burning Season (Bohemian Grove)

It's like Butlins for the Lizards....... Who'll win the knobbley Knees contest this year...... good grief. :rolleyes: --kiel--
  49. kiel_d

The World's Dumbest Criminals

he..he..he I like that story. It's not everyday the silver linings are bigger than the clouds. :) --kiel--
  50. kiel_d

Elephant On Acid

Nearly did me too...... I love scientists who are so precise they measure doses on the "I dunno" scale. I have a lot of faith in science but a lot less than i did before reading this. --kiel--
Back