• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. H

Saw My First Shadowman

Might have posted this before........ apologies! Some years ago I was the passenger in a car, travelling from Southwold to the main A12. On a corner, which was flanked by shoulder high hedges, I caught something moving, out of the side window. It was the form of an elongated, featureless...
  2. H

Dolls?

For a while, my two Makonde carved African figures would be found in the morning, in different positions. For some time my husband and son were very convincing when they said it had 'nothing to do with them'. I was really freaked out by it. About two years later, my son confessed that when he...
  3. H

Moonflash

It happened to me, this morning, but a sharp backward jab of the elbow in my husband's ribs, soon put a stop to it. On the subject of this Message Forum, have interesting things stopped happening to people, or are we all just remembering to take our pills, nowadays?
  4. H

Footsteps on the Landing

Me too, me too! I once lived in a Victorian semi detached old cottage in the village of Westleton, Suffolk. My son's friend said he used to live in it when it was all one cottage and the people who owned it before that, had a very large family. On two occasions, around 9,00pm while sitting...
  5. H

The Sign Of The Cross

"I love the whole synchronicity stuff!" Me too! A good friend of mine really liked an antique plate that was for sale on my vintage stall, last week. After she admired it, I put it away with the thought of adding it to her Xmas gifts. "Oh, you've sold that lovely plate" she said with...
  6. H

Hello son.......

And I said all that with such authority :P Well, you impressed me :wink: My son has also told me that he had a dream he was going to be involved in a crash. He drove to work that morning with extra care - no trouble. Coming back he pulled up behind another car at a junction and as the...
  7. H

The Curiously Warm & Fragrant Room...

I have noted a very sickly sweet cheap perfume smell in the upstairs cuboard, housing the boiler. The boiler recently leacked, so I hauled the carpet and underlay out and flung them in the garage. The smell has gone. Oddly, the perfume smell is not coming from the carpet or underlay. So I am...
  8. H

Hello son.......

Nice little trivial Fortean moment this morning. I have not heard from my son for a while (he is an arborist - I have grisly daydreams involving falling and chainsaws). I did not want to 'hassle' him, but early this morning, I felt compelled to text him. I had only got as far as writing...
  9. H

What On Earth Is THAT?

Just read small print......... house owned by SCULPTOR! I am going to sue him for SHOCK!
  10. H

What On Earth Is THAT?

Just noticed - no hands either......... shudder
  11. H

What On Earth Is THAT?

This might not appear - but I have been house hunting and came across these photos - images 8 and 9 http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/detail ... aaefba5bf2 It is just so bizarre - is it a model? Is it just a real person and they had to picture shop the head off afterwards? How very creepy...
  12. H

Message From Beyond?

On the topic of messages from the other side........ Nice little Fortean moment, this week. I am really overweight and was laughing with my son, saying: "I'd never have got so fat if my mother was alive, she'd have nagged me until I went on a diet and lost this stomach". The next day, I...
  13. H

A spectral tea break in a haunted hospital

What a lovely story - I believe you! I am convinced I heard two women talking softly in my kitchen (old house). I don't normally 'hear voices' wink! As a child patient of the 50's, stuck in bleak hospitals, the sound of the tea trolley was the highlight of the long dreary days. Every single...
  14. H

New House Spookiness

That's a great little story.......... Fortean in every way!
  15. H

New House Spookiness

Not very spooky, but made me do a double take! We moved into our 1866 detached house in December 2010. I have not had the slightest sensation of there being any 'presence'. We have no neighbours in the empty house on one side and my other neighbours are all out during the day. I came in from...
  16. H

Dreaming the Afterlife

The esoteric explanation (which I merely mention as one I've come across) is that the 'astral' is reflective of the expectation of the viewer. So someone expecting pearly gates and St Peter, gets that, whilst a person embued with the whole guilt thing gets pointy tailed fork carriers. Yes...
  17. H

Dreaming the Afterlife

I think you are right........ I read an NDE experienced by someone with a high intellect. He was shown the usual garden and people in white robes and claims he said something along the lines of "Yea, right, what is this REALLY all about?" and it dissolved. He then experienced something akin to...
  18. H

Dreaming the Afterlife

Usually people's dreams induce sleep........ but yours was really interesting - thank you Mercury Crest. Anyone who has read any accounts of Western Near Death Experiences will recognise some of the elements in your dream. One USA account describes a young female suicide experiencing...
  19. H

Shapeshifters, missing time & a strange voice on a train

Did the two girls get on an earlier train and mistake the time, thus arriving sooner than expected? My husband never takes the train, but a few years ago, his car was out of service, and he had a business appointment. He went to the station to catch the first early morning train. The...
  20. H

Panic: A Genuine Example In The Old Sense Of The Word?

"Bush panic", sounds familiar. I was walking my small dog down a narrow tree lined lane, here in Suffolk, last week. He stopped to sniff around an Oak tree's roots and suddenly I was convinced the tree was 'aware' of me. I looked up the trunk, with some dread, I'm not sure what I thought I would...
  21. H

Coincidental Christmas necklace?

Years back, my mother and I opened our Christmas presents from one another and found we had bought identical nightdresses from M&S. She bought hers in Kings Lynn, I got mine in Cheltenham. The irony was, she usually wore pyjamas and I never wore anything in bed! We had both looked at the...
  22. H

Message From Beyond?

Mais NON! Pour Vous! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-J1bZKPmI
  23. H

Message From Beyond?

All-Hail to Helix Aspersa! Taking this opportunity to thank one of the most interesting and thoughtful contributors - I'm in my 60th year and have decided to thank people 'out loud' from now on. Interesting exercise - I've thanked people who have served me well in shops and cafes, I thanked...
  24. H

Message From Beyond?

Sincere thanks........ this is one of the few sites on the internet where people can express themselves and share such whimsical moments without some moronic Troll sneering. :)
  25. H

Naughty Priests, Pastors, Ministers & Clergy

I met a couple of very naughty middle-aged Catholic Priests in an Essex town, in the early 1980's. (to save the ladies, I won't say which town!) My ex husband and I ran a sports shop and they were customers. We invited them both out for drink one evening, very revealing. After a few pints...
  26. H

Message From Beyond?

Elidorius........ I have had a similar experience when suffering bereavement. A year after my mother died, I was standing in my kitchen and I railed against my mother for not 'getting in touch from the other side', and not comforting me. I was irrationally furious with her, sad to say. I...
  27. H

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I know we are not discussing minor strangeness - more like major misery...... but your work conditions are grim. Have you thought of working in a Blacking Factory? Dickens can highly recommend the pay and conditions. At least we are not in Greece, lining up for a bowl of soup. After...
  28. H

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Bless you........ it hasn't happened to me either, it transpires! :wink:
  29. H

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Thank you all for the thumbs up........ do you want the reality check? Third World attic living quarters that apparently would be taxed as a perk? 24 hour care expected with no sleeping-in duty payment, and employer totally unable to give a clear response to how much are you actually...
  30. H

3.33am

This topic has just answered a little niggling question. I have an ebay ID which ends in 333. Someone bought an item from me and asked me what the significance of the 333 was? I then wondered why he asked me? I must have disappointed him when I told him that it was an old Scottish family...
  31. H

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I am currently embarking on divorce and next spring, when the house is hopefully sold, I will need a home and a job, not easy at 61. :( I idly logged onto a local job website with the thought of finding a local part time job. I looked at the first job, just been posted on the site. It was a...
  32. H

The Dog That Leaped Out Of My Wall

A little story has come to mind about animals manifesting from nowhere. I nursed an elderly lady in a care home in Lancashire. She had once lived, with her husband, in one of those static park homes (mobile home style). He died there, and she lived on alone for a short time. One early...
  33. H

Ghost Tales From Everyday People

That's a great story, some say that ghosts are just a kind of recording of past events. I am not so sure all of them are! I distinctly felt I was being watched in my Victorian flat, this was backed up by a mature female friend who was having tea with me in the lounge. She sat in the 'hot' spot...
  34. H

Staticgirl - that was creepy! Thanks for posting! 'ordinary person' - wish I had not used that term! It has come back to 'haunt' me! I have a stiff knob story too .... (pardon?) I used to live in a Middle floor flat in a converted Victorian Merchant's Villa in Clevedon, near Bristol...
  35. H

A blinding flash of telepathy that staggered me physically

I really cannot recall if I have posted this before, so forgive me if I have. My mother was dying from cancer in 2003 and being nursed at home, I was living in the house, caring for her. She wanted to see the garden, 'one last time' and we did struggle to get her downstairs, but could not...
  36. H

Azrael calling?

Q As I posted elsewhere, when she was terminally ill, my late mother told me she had just seen herself, standing at the foot of the bed, looking at herself - a Wraith? She was on morphine, but lucid and with no dementia. I told my mother she had had a visual disturbance and it was probably her...
  37. H

Nightmare Of Eternal Descent

When I was in my early 20's and living in Oxford, I got caught in a summer downpour in nothing but jeans and a blouse (and underwear :wink: ). I was completely soaked in fairly warm water and, as I recall, crossing a bridge. I was suddenly elated, joyful, absolutely at 'one' with the rain and...
  38. H

That's the plot of the Clive Barker novel "Weaveworld". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaveworld " Whoaaaaa! That was interesting! The carpet is a huge antique one from Iran, methinks I'll have a bottle of something red and go and have another stare :shock:
  39. H

Phantom Footsteps

In 1976 I was a student at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. It was then a brand new, state of the art, 13 storey building. I did my turn of nightshifts on a medical ward. It was the standard design of two side wards each turning a right angle into a third open plan ward with the nurses...
  40. H

Maxley said: ^^^^^^^^"I once stared into the starry sky and without warning got the perfect and unshakeable sense that the universe was totally 3D" Now, don't laugh at me......... oh, well go on then, but that happened to me with...... a persian carpet. I was daydreaming and staring into it...
  41. H

On the odd occasion I have been star gazing, I have felt unsettled. It is always the same, I think to myself "beyond what I can see there are more stars and beyond that more stars and beyond that.... darkness?" until I feel real panic and have to look away. Much the same sensation when you...
  42. H

Yes indeed! Me too! My stories are all about people not looking for ghosts, but seeing something 'unearthly'.
  43. H

A change in UFO shape over the past few decades

If you had asked me to draw a UFO in 2008, it would have been a saucer with a dome on top and flashing lights around the edge. What I believe I saw in 2008 was a small? metallic silver sphere, travelling at unbelievable speed and changing direction in a blink. 8.30am in daylight, close to the...
  44. H

Are we getting less UFO Pix these days?

I second that! I will draw sighs of irritation by saying I think I saw a UFO in 2008, near Southwold (about 32 miles from Rendlesham Forrest). If we are to believe the reports of sightings across the World, UFOs appear to be 'buzzing' any new military activity, especially atomic. They have...
  45. H

Primarily tactile encounter with an unknown entity

In 2003, as I have posted elsewhere, I was lying in bed, trying to get to sleep while my husband snored beside me. Just like you, everything was normal but there seemed more light than before. Then, there at the end of the bed and taking a pace towards my feet, was a short stocky naked man...
  46. H

The Cult of Setephis and Prince Philip's Castration?

Quote: (WARNING ABOUT THAT LINK: if the bold font and lack of paragraphing doesn't give you a headache, the contents will. They become increasingly nasty and obscene. It's prurient piffle and would all be libellous if it wasn't so completely bonkers. If you are of an easily upset nature DON'T...
  47. H

Wiped From The Face Of The Earth

Perhaps our original poster was recalling a forgotten dream, as someone has already suggested? "It happened to me"! In my twenties I once woke from a dream absolutely CONVINCED I had actually married someone in a registery office, a man I knew in reality, and had dated a few times. I lay...
  48. H

Sensing The Presence Of God?

I have an old Rock Musician friend who had exactly the same realisation after taking an alarming amount of Mescaline, every blade of grass seemed to have a different shade of green, and was 'alive' to him. Lamely, I cannot recall his name, but a man was talking on radio 4 last week about an...
  49. H

The Vanishing

HUSBANDS AND POLTERGEISTS Anyone got a husband in league with a Poltergeist? The object he is looking for is never there until I am called to join the search....... then it miraculously appears just where he swore he already looked. AMAZING!
  50. H

The Vanishing

lip balm Last night, as I went to bed, I noted my lips were dry. I searched for my little tin of Vaseline but then remembered I had started keeping it in the pouch of my shopping bag, which was hanging up in the utility room. I have not used the bag for a week or more. I could not be bothered...
Back