• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. H

Hello son.......

Nice little trivial Fortean moment this morning. I have not heard from my son for a while (he is an arborist - I have grisly daydreams involving falling and chainsaws). I did not want to 'hassle' him, but early this morning, I felt compelled to text him. I had only got as far as writing...
  2. H

What On Earth Is THAT?

This might not appear - but I have been house hunting and came across these photos - images 8 and 9 http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/detail ... aaefba5bf2 It is just so bizarre - is it a model? Is it just a real person and they had to picture shop the head off afterwards? How very creepy...
  3. H

Ghost Tales From Everyday People

I am 60 this year, and I have been amazed just how many rational people have admitted they have either seen or felt a ghost. I got to talk intimately with men and women when I was a nurse and carer, so perhaps they felt they could confide in someone who would give them a sympathetic ear. I...
  4. H

Wraith - portent of death?

I am wondering if any of you have had a loved-one tell you they have seen themself, close to their death? My dying mother said that while she was awake, she clearly saw 'herself' standing at the end of the bed, looking at herself. My very down to earth Scottish Mum would have nothing to do...
  5. H

Synchronicity - the hidden photograph

Last Sunday I was sorting through some belongings of my late mother that my father thought I might like. I found two framed rose prints, which pleased me, as I was redecorating a bedroom with a rose theme. They had been in the cupboard since 2003. The next day I received an email from a...
  6. H

Helpful spirit?

I recently moved into an 1866 cottage in Suffolk with a small walled back garden. The garage is the end of an 19th Century wash house built for the nearby estate. There is a patch of bare earth where the previous owner had some children's play equipment and I put a bird table on it. Last...
Back