• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. O

April Fools' Day

As it has gone lunchtime in most places around the world I can reveal that this year's april fool from the CFZ is the following: http://forteanzoology.blogspot.com/2011 ... aphed.html
  2. O

2010 UnConvention

It's worth it, believe me. Weird Weekend is cheeper but we can do that because it's not in London. Remember that FT and other London based coventions have to pay a lot more for their venue due to the location. However although more expensive it comes with the advantages of easier and more...
  3. O

Where I'm Staying for UnCon

Hi, at previous uncons I've organised a group booking at a hostel for people from the message board but as I have left things a bit late to do that this time and don't seem to make it here as often as I'd like these days I thought rather than that I'd give details on where I'm staying instead...
  4. O

2010 UnConvention

My services have been offered to talk about the Kraken and disappearing islands and/or monsters of welsh folklore (it's not just dragons). Hopefully I'm not too late and hopefully I get accepted and hopefully you'll enjoy the talks. (that's a lot of hopefullys)
  5. O

Jonathan Downes Texas expedition

Indeed, it was but the new population look somewhat different and chances are they could be something different, but you don't know until you test you see. As for the mange thing when these dogs are seen by witnesses they're usually described as quite active and acting fairly normally so...
  6. O

Jonathan Downes Texas expedition

If you follow the Centre for Fortean Zoology's blog you'll have heard that our esteemed director, Jonathan Downes is currently in Texas with his wife Corinna investigating the blue hairless dogs there that the media insist on calling 'Chupacabras' despite them being nothing to do with goat...
  7. O

UnCon 08

I'll be going and if there are any more pullouts I'll be giving a talk on the mystery animals of Wales in fact and folklore. Haven't been here for a while because of being snowed under with CFZ stuff most of the time but if there's anyone at uncon who remembers me (or anyone who just wants...
  8. O

UnCon 2008 - The Official Suggestions Thread

Indeed... Jon and Rich are doing talks and if Dave Sutton still has slots to fill wants a talk on Lake Monsters or one on death portants I'd be glad to deliver. Here's me at last years Weird Weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEz69giO_tY
  9. O

KNBC Top 15 Ghost Photos

The airman's photo is a little suspect... he is pictured where there was clearly a gap left in the crowd if he wasn't there. I think what could have happened is they had a group photo before he died and that got mixed up with the one taken after he died. The mother in law in the car gave...
  10. O

News from the CFZ Guyana expedition

An update from Richard is up on the blog now about the short red faced fellows and giant anacondas. They should be on their ludacrusly long and many plained flight back to the uk as I write this so in a few days they'll be able to share pictures from the expedition with everyone reeding the...
  11. O

Latest update from Mr Biffo himself, who has made it out of Green Hell. http://cfzguyana.blogspot.com/
  12. O

Lights on my stairs

It's funny the only time I've ever been spooked by stuff which could be explained as a ghost myself was when something sent a shoebox in a straight horizontal line to the centre of a room I was in then dropped it down on a table, it didn't travel in an arc as it would have if it was thrown or...
  13. O

No mention of any more heatstroke of injuries from richard's latest phonecall I'm sure you'll be happy to know. Jonathan downes' latest report is up now and it seems the lads and lady have hit the motherlode in the last 2 days: More didi sightings and stories, Detailed water tiger...
  14. O

Adding to a sort of potential horror story Richard told us today about Bush's catching fire while they watched them and it is worth noting that it was Lisa, who examined the bones the other day and it's Lisa who seems to be sustaining the most injuries in the course of duty at the moment, could...
  15. O

the day 6 update is now up Snake hunts, manky feet (with bits falling off), bush fires, and giant anteaters are the stories of the day. Read the blog for the full story. http://cfzguyana.blogspot.com/ (oh and there's a competition in there to win a year's subscription to 'Animals & Men...
  16. O

UnCon 2008 - The Official Suggestions Thread

Suggestions speakers for the next UNCON OK, it's not cast in stone yet that there is an uncon next year (2008) but how about we give some suggestions for speakers we'd like to see. If the Powers that be see this thread then it could, hopefully, provide some inspiration. I'd like to see the...
  17. O

Back to the main topic of the thread now, the expedition itself: Days 4 and 5: Yesterday the team became the first Europeans to visit a cave system discovered only 2 years ago. the site appears to be pre-Colombian (as in before Columbus first landed in the Americas) and here the team found...
  18. O

The area the teem is in is so remote, in many places they are visiting they are the first europeons to do so in many of the natives lifetimes, and the only phone in the area is the satellite phone that the team brought with them. For Capcom or anybody in the west to organize or prep witnesses...
  19. O

The blog has just been updated with today's events: In summary today the team started to explore the savannah and heard more reports of the didi and have interviewed several people who have seen anacondas near to the known maximum size. The team have heard an exceedingly odd mermaid report as...
  20. O

The Centre for fortean zoology are in Guyana at the moment searching for giant anacondas, the Didi and the water tiger and also evidence and new witness reports of those and any other cryptids and new species there. On the expedition team are Richard Freeman, Dr Chris Clarke, John Hare, Lisa...
  21. O

"Conie": The Beast of Coniston Water

Because our diver was equipped with an underwater camera.
  22. O

My Book

I'd recomend that you focus on a spesific geographical area (eg where you live) and discribe all the cryptids that are found there, that way you can really do the cryptids/zooforms/oopas justice :) When you start digging with your friend you'll probably find a load of really obsqure legends...
  23. O

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well they might have pressed a big red button on the aircract carrier that said 'Do not press' and then caused it to fall out of the sky killing everyone aboard except the Doctor, Jack and the Master. These things can happen you know. Perhaps the next series of Torchwood will feature Yeti's...
  24. O

The Fortean Times Book of UnConventional Wisdom

I didn't have one eithe AND I would have been subscribing at that time (get newsie to hold me a copy now as it sometimes results in them stocking ft on their shelves for the general public). I have however recived the strange deaths book no less than 3 times. Once when I bought it, once as a...
  25. O

Cabbits

Might you be thinking of the mara? http://www.io.com/~hmiller/jpg/mara.jpg
  26. O

What's The Most Extreme Film You've Ever Watched?

Fairly mainstream as far as extreme films go but Pink Flamingos is probably the most extreme film I've seen. (I also found it rather funny too as it happens and would recommend it if toilet humour is your thing) The uncut version of the Owl-man and others (NOT the version shown at the...
  27. O

Weird Weekend 2007 16-19th August

What with the sad news about uncon the Weird Weekend (Thursday the 16th- Sunday the 19th of August) is now the UK's largest Fortean event. For anyone who doesn't know the Weird Weekend is the annual event organised by the Centre for Fortean Zoology and has been second only to Uncon in terms...
  28. O

More info on the American Mange/hairless dog/hyena

It's not mange though, no matter what animal it is. could be a dog, coyote, fox or a new species of animal or a known animal that nobody has suggested yet but the skin complaint is either not mange or a new and different type of mange hitherto unknown. To me it looks, from photos that jon...
  29. O

Primeval

That was fantastic! Seriously, having watched the first 2 episodes I can say that it pisses on torchwood from a great height. There was a lot of action, and plenty of humour (I found several bits funny that probably aren't meant to be funny funny too like in the first episode when one of...
  30. O

Primeval

The production company have sent us (the Centre for Fortean Zoology) a dvd of the first 2 episodes so I'll report to you all what it's like after I've watched them this evening. I've high hopes that it'll be a fun show, hope I'm right :)
  31. O

Primeval

Hannah from Sclub surely?
  32. O

Primeval

Well according to the production team in a letter they wrote us while they were making it one of the caractors is a 'fortean zoologist' and they wanted copies of 'animals and men' for use as props. I'll be watching it, it sounds like fun.
  33. O

Rev Lionel Fanthorpe & Fortean TV

Not yet, I did try an online petition to show the powers that be that there was a demand for it. However dispite my best efforts to publisise the petition there are nowhere near enough signatures to convince them of the financial viability of it. :(
  34. O

TMNT (its too embarrasing to say in full!)

ninja is nothing compared to dimac though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dante
  35. O

Walt Disney Urban Legends

Well I don't know about in the comics but in Ducktails Giro had made great strides in the science of time travel. Could scrooge mcduck be around to this day traveling through time? Or possibly he is a more contempary Adam Eterno? As to why 1967 was chose as a good year for scrooges death...
  36. O

Well it's possible Scrooge McDuck may have faked his death, many millionaires/billionaires and other famous rich people have urban legends about them stating that they have done just that, but it would have been very out of character for Scrooge to have done that. Especially as H, D & L would...
  37. O

Yes, he is. I was devistated when I found that out, I can tell you. Carl Bank's Duckberg stories were unavoidedly set between 1877 and 1947 and in the now cannon 'life and times of Scrooge McDuck' by Don Rosa merticulusly based upon Bank's Work Scrooge dies age 100 which is a very long life...
  38. O

Actually it is Donalds twin sister Della Thelma (aka Dumbella) Duck that is Donald's blood relative to H,D & L. Their father is unknown in cannon but he wasn't lost in the Indian ocean, H,D & L stuck a firework up his bottom which led to them being parceled off to live with their uncle (first...
  39. O

Mothman (The Actual Incident(s): Point Pleasant, WV; 1966 / 1967)

He's 78 I think. Acording to Jon Downes (who I just asked as he's sitting next to me and knows these things) Keel is a spiritualist these days and hasn't wrote anything, books or articles for years.
  40. O

How Did Bob Marley Die?

Surely they'd have used an exploding spliff rather than a poisoned boot though... Or maybe Danny Baker is an secret agent of the CIA, which might explain a lot, and would shed new light on a number of other strange things such as the Brentford Griffin case (ie it wasn't a hoax to promote a...
  41. O

British Big Cat Conference March 07 - new details

Well I'll definately be there ;)
  42. O

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

here :) As Min said I've been very busy with CFZ stuff, including making a documentary for cfztv.org (the Llangorse lake one) and helping in the manufature of others and issues of Animals & men (blatent plug for which I appologise: if you like cryptozoology you'll love animals and men and...
  43. O

Did mickey have nephews? thought that was donald duck, or did they both have nephews? If it was Hewy, Dewey and Louie though that makes the story even better though :shock:
  44. O

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Hush your mouth, the girl in the fireplace was fantastic and apart from the end of season 2 parter and new earth the best episode this series.
  45. O

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Sad news, The voice actor of the family ness (easily the best cryptozological cartoon ever created), zippy from rainbow, the daleks from doctor who and captain pugwash has died.
  46. O

Batman Begins

As long as they don't go by the new 'the batman' cartoons charactor design for the joker I think everyone will be happy That is NOT the joker
  47. O

Chris Evans on NTV (NSFW)

I remember towards the end of tfi Friday's run when possibly due to heavy alcohol consumption or alleged taking of industrial quantities of cocaine Chris came up with the idea of finishing the show by exposing himself to the people in the bar bit where the interviews were filmed. Shot from...
  48. O

Batman Begins

well his photo on imdb looks very reminisent of the joker before he became the joker in the killing joke http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke perhaps thats why he was cast, lets face it as the joker he'll have a lot of make up on...
  49. O

Rock & Roll Myths

According to popular rumour the Last song Buddy Holly sang on stage before his ill faited flight was "That'll be the day". Seems a bit convenient to me for it not to just be a UL but then stranger things have happened, could anyone confirm or deny the rumour? (a list of the songs played in...
  50. O

Penile Enhancement Leaflets: Spam In Hardcopy?

The trouble is I'm sure a lot of fortean groups and publishers would love to advertise in FT but it prices itself out of that market as it's readership is a lot larger than that of the books and societies that might want to advertise. therefore it ends up that mostly only nonfortean things can...
Back