• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. 4

IHTM Books.

Finally IHTM books (volume one, at least) are available in Sydney! About time too! :D
  2. 4

Strange Deaths Books

Is anyone else buying these? I bought the second volume yesterday, and received some strange looks as I read it on the bus home.
  3. 4

UnCon 2013?

Will there be an Uncon this year? Given it is FT's fortieth year, I hope there is! (I'm already saving my pennies)
  4. 4

Good Stuff On Telly

There may be a thread about this already, but I want to canvas folks thoughts about good stuff on the idiot box. The Bridge - Swedish/Danish crime drama, quite complex. A body is dumped on the bridge between Sweden and Denmark (half on each side of the border), only for the police to find...
  5. 4

End Of The World? Not Likely!

Here we are, ten hours (Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time) into the allgedged Mayan End Of The World, and not a damn thing has happened that is out of the ordinary. Which is to be expected. We will all wake up tomorrow and find it pretty much like any other day, except a whole bunch of...
  6. 4

Captain Planet

Does anyone remember the Captain Planet cartoons of the early to mid nineties? With the live-action movie being made, will it be any good, and will anyone see it?
  7. 4

It Never Happens To Me!

Having read through several postings in this section, and thinking "None of this stuff ever happens to me", I think I must lead a rather ordinary and dull life! (Not that there's anything wrong with that! :wink: )
  8. 4

Wonder Woman Movie

Wasn't there meant to be a new Wonder Woman movie with Megan Gale in the title role?
  9. 4

FT276

Sorry if people thought that it had arrived, but I had thought that English subscribers would have their copy by now. I often look forward to being told by English subscribers what is in it before it arrives here!
  10. 4

UnCon 2011

Are there any plans afoot for an Uncon this year?
  11. 4

Sanctuary.

Sanctuary, a Canadian sci-fi tv programme, where the long-lived Dr Helen Magnus (158 years, thanks to a serum she devised based on vampire blood) seeks "abnormals", ie: Intelegent non-human life forms and gives them sanctuary - what do folks here think of the show?
  12. 4

Any Ideas?

Any ideas what Fortean Times might do for the 300th issue? I know that is a couple of years away, but I think it would be great to do something along the lines of "Weird UK" they did for issue 200 - but on a global scale. After all, FT isn't just a UK magazine, it is a worldwide one!
  13. 4

FT262

Just had an email saying that FT 262 will be delayed by the volcano in Iceland (ash in the air, backlog of air frieght, etc), overseas subscribers might experience a delay in the arrival of their issue - for the first time I wish I lived in England rather than Australia - almost! Anyone else...
  14. 4

FT258

With the new issue out on Thursday (7 January 2010), I had thought that subscribers would have their copy already, but it appears no-one has yet. It'll turn up! :)
  15. 4

Query

I have often wondered why there is a "special" issue each year. Not that I mind, as much, it means an extra issue of Fortean Times, which one can never have enough of, I just wondered why there was a special issue every year...
  16. 4

Which Issue Of Fortean Times Had The Best Cover?

I think issue 177 (special 30th anniverssary issue, 2003) with the serpent rising out of the water, making the "30" image in the water, issue 185, the July 2004 "D For Deception" and the May 2006 issue (FT 209) with the Cybermen were the best covers of FT.
  17. 4

FT242

Hasn't come out yet, but I just wanted to be the first to post about it. :lol: It should be out any day now, and can't wait to read the best magazine in the world...
  18. 4

How To Classify FT

In FT241, one of the letters asked how FT should be classified in the newsagency. In Sydney, it is put in the "Science" section, along with the Astronomy mags, etc.
  19. 4

Great Unsolved Mysteries (TV Series)

Does anyone remember this series shown in Australia during the late 1970's/early1980's? It was of a Fortean nature, looking into Bigfoot, reincarnation, Loch Ness, etc. I would be interested to know if any other Australians remember this show. Cheers!
  20. 4

Hunt's Cartoons.

I've always enjoyed Hunt's cartoons, espc. Gully Bull. I always read the cartoon - even before I look for my name in the clipping credits!
  21. 4

Car Coincidence

Returning from the shopping on Sunday I noticed that the car parked in the space opposite mine was the same make, model and colour as mine, and the number plate was almost identicle to my own, but the last number was one off. How freaky is that? How often does that happen?!
  22. 4

Is This Just In Australia?

Is it just in Australia that FT is about two issues behind England? I bought the January issue (even though it says Febraury on the cover!) and the website is displaying the March issue. Why is this so?
Back