• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Ley Lines

I seem to be extra electrical at the moment. At first I thought it was just my house elecrticals needing attention, then I realized it was almost anythtng metal I touched. Now.... my friend over the road says she's finding the same. (She's not interested in psychic matters) But we both live...
  2. R

Jesus: Truth Or Myth?

What on earth does it matter what Jesus looked like? If you were/ are blind, it wouldn't matter anyway! I've always assumed he looked like a typical Israeli i.e. Jewish! (Browner skin than me, dark hair and eyes, somewhat -ahem! -big nose.) p.s. Possibly quite fanciable -he was only in his 30's...
  3. R

Perhaps Jesus meant us to ask for a better temper, patience, a forgiving nature - not a new house / wealth/ a better job. :)
  4. R

I don't think Paul liked women very much!
  5. R

The Lord's Prayer doesn't "flow" as a prayer should. You can imagine the elderly disciples trying to remember , many years later, what Jesus had said. I think it reads like a an old fashioned telegram, with the disciples all chipping in with the different bits they remembered.
  6. R

Highgate Cemetery

I love Highgate Cemetery. My dad took my mum there to see Karl Marx's tomb , before they were married. (No, she wasn't impressed, it wasn't her idea of a date!) I went about ten years ago with my son and loved it -I'd like my ashes to be buried there when I die, if there's still room and if...
  7. R

It's been a hard wrench for me to get away from my Baptist roots! BUT something happened to me about 60 years ago:- I was given two large, Victorian looking books by a neighbour who had sent her daughter to an R.C. Convent School -I don't even know how they managed to slip past my very non...
  8. R

Who would have been writing the contemporary records? Not the Romans -Jesus was nothing to them -just a nuisance! (I did Latin A level and my ex husband went on to do a university degree in it.) The Jews who held any sort of position simply wanted him forgotten and removed as a trouble maker...
  9. R

My daughter came to visit me last weekend. She works in a school for chilldren with Special Needs, and was telling me about some of the awful medical problems some of the chilldren suffer -particularly a rare brain illness that makes the child want to hurt itself, really badly. My daughter said...
  10. R

Should We Try To Rescue Ghosts? Are There Morals For Ghost Hunting?

If you are actually able to communicate with the ghost, surely you need to ask it " Do you WANT to be helped to move on on?" If it gives you a definite "NO" then leave it alone! If "Yes" then do your best to try. p.s. Do ghosts still have "Free will?" Are they able to decide for themselves...
  11. R

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

I'm old enough to think extra weight and the ban on smoking are linked. When I smoked, my weight never even reached 9 stone (not sure what that would have been in kilos). I gave up smoking 30 years ago, when my first granddaughter appeared, and I am now 76 kilos (somewhere abouty 12 stone I...
  12. R

The Ouija Board

If you are a bit psychic, which I suspect I am (but don't forget I come from a very Christian family), I don't think it really matters what instrument/ vehicle you use, it's whatever most appeals to you - tea leaves, crystal ball, tarot cards, palmistry, whatever! When I was a teenager I...
  13. R

The Ouija Board

Well ,I'm the wrong side of 75 (years) and I found I could use it on my own a bit more than 60 years ago! .. I've got slightly high blood pressure now, but certainly didn't when I was still at school. It worked very easily when I was a teenager -all that young energy- but not always. I had...
  14. R

The Ouija Board

Yes, but not always. I use a home made ouija board -scrabble letters and a little 'tot'glass. Sometimes absolutely nothing happens, at other times I know some other energy is using my hand, but not in a frightening way. BUT as I've said before, I don't use it for fun, and I don't use it if...
  15. R

Are All Psychics & Fortune Tellers Fakes?

I've had minor warnings e.g. "Don't go to that till, the chap operating it diddles people" and "You've left something in your trouser pocket that will cause trouble in the washing machine" etc etc but I've always managed to over-ride any serious misgivings -usually with unfortunate results!
  16. R

Ageing & Growing Old

I've returned to doing easy yoga, after giving it a miss due to terrible back ache (moved my 5'wide bed to clean underneath! Won't be in a hurry to do that again.) I really resent what I now find it difficult to do.
  17. R

Reincarnation? Recalling Past Lives (From Memory; In Dreams)

I really like things/ material/ religious ideas from India but am not at all interested in things from Africa. It makes me wonder if I had a past life in India? (I've been strictly veggie since 1958.)
  18. R

Astral Projection

Mabe we're not supposed to experiment just for fun.
  19. R

Astral Projection

I'd be afraid of not being able to return to my body.
  20. R

What Was Your First Interest In Fortean Topics?

I had a nightmare about some sort of devil when I was only about three years old. I was also greatly into fairies once I knew about them (age 5 ish?) My great uncle encouraged me, gave me interesting spitritualist type books to read.(He was a Theosophist), including the Cottingley Fairies...
  21. R

Some Questions About Ghosts

Somewhere on this board I've said how a friend of my mum was visited by her soldier son in the night, and he said "I'm alrght Mum!" but in fact he'd just been killed. I woudn't have said he was a ghost , at that point, just a young man who hadn't had a chance to move on to the spirit world ...
  22. R

Reincarnation? Recalling Past Lives (From Memory; In Dreams)

I know the Bible isn't literally true, BUT when Eve ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, that was originally forbidden, did that not give human beings the understanding of Good and Evil? And with that, we assume,freedom of CHOICE? (Unlike the animal kingdom, who mainly obey instinct.) The...
  23. R

Fae Folk Or Aliens?

No. :)
  24. R

Fae Folk Or Aliens?

It would be very smug and short sighted of us to think that ,just because we haven't seen /experienced things ourselves , they don't exist. As a child I longed to see fairies, but never did! HOWEVER in my teens I discovered I had a certain -ahem!-psychic ability that is is still with me today...
  25. R

Tarot Free-For-All

I'd be very grateful for a reading when it's my turn. Thanks in advance!
  26. R

Are You Prepared To Meet A Ghost?

I have no wish to meet a malignant one! (I daresay they vary in temperament the same as when they had physical bodies.)
  27. R

What Is Hell Like?

I was the Evil Angel when we performed this play at school, 60 plus years ago!
  28. R

Farewell To Enola Gaia

It would be extraordinarily exciting if he actually answered!
  29. R

A Christmas Calorie

I actually READ a Christmas Carol every Christmas Eve. It takes about two hours. You CANNOT BEAT Dickens' own words -so much is missed out in the films. (It makes me shed a few tears, too.)
  30. R

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I'd still like to know what happened to GNC.
  31. R

Depression

I find all the mock frenetic hysteria of Christmas very distasteful. TV programmes are mainly rubbish films and/or materialistic quizz shows -win this , win that! It's all eating and drinking (with alot of extra killing involved -I'm vegetarian),over spending and false gaity. When I was...
  32. R

The Sikh Thread

I lived in Wolverhampton for 30 years, where there were lots of Sikhs. I taught little ones in school, too. I found them very reasonable human beings, and actually more tolerant than the Muslims. I was Christian for most of those years, but never fell out with any of them (Muslim or Sikh). We...
  33. R

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

I read a book by Derren Brown recently. One line has stayed with me - "Parents expect children to say 'Thankyou' and children expect parents to say 'Sorry'. This is so true ! (And makes me laugh)
  34. R

Odd & Ill-Advised Rectal Insertions

I've just had a polyp in my bowel removed at the hospital. How was it done? Through something medical poked up my rectum. I opted to have gas and air, so that I didn't have to drag one of my children from elsewhere to stay with me overnight (Necessary if you opted for sedation) . I enjoyed...
  35. R

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

I'm a tea lady at our Spiritualist Church here in Bournemouth - not actually a member. I do believe that some , though maybe not all of us ,continue for a while after physiclal death. (It may depend on either what you believed here on earth OR yout own choice -after all ,we all have free will...
  36. R

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

I always think it's just very sad if someone is stuck in a house or a graveyard or wherever, when theyshould have moved on. If I actually saw a ghost, and wasn't scared out of my mind (!) I would try to contact them mentally and say "You need to move on -you're not here any more. Ask the...
  37. R

Should We Try To Rescue Ghosts? Are There Morals For Ghost Hunting?

I've always thought I would like to be able to help trapped ghosts "move on". It never occured to me that they might move on to Hell! But it can't be a good feeling to see someone else living in "your" old home and changing things, if you haven't realised that you've actually died. I don't...
  38. R

I Think A Channeling Or Psychic Forum Would Be Great

Like Chas Fink, I believe that anyone who has a bit of psychic ability can use whatever mundane material they choose. They are just tools. I do believe that (a) ability and (b) intention are the important factors. I still use my home made ouija board (I don't refer to it as that, I just call it...
  39. R

I Think A Channeling Or Psychic Forum Would Be Great

I had my cards read by someone who is no longer on this website. Impressively accurate!
  40. R

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

I suspect I either need for ir to be looked at by someone who knows what they're doing, or a new chromebook!
  41. R

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

Back at Christmas I bought my granddaughter's 12 year old chromebook off her, and have been using it happily ever since. I started by signing out after I'd used it, then my son and daughter said I didn't need to do this, so I stopped! I'm suddenly having problems accessing my msn site /hot...
  42. R

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

When my son was about 7, my ex husband and new wife started taking him to a holiday complex in Malta each summer. My son told me later that they woud leave him in their accomodation while they went to the bar in the evening-all in the same complex. I felt a bit shiocked. But years befrore,we...
  43. R

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

When my son was 5 years old, I Ieft him at my mother's house while I had a weekend away. I was quite shocked to learn she had left him in the house alone while she nipped up the road to the corner shop -about 5 minutes away, if that. I don't think it crossed her mind to feel guilty about it...
  44. R

Odd Experiences: As A Child Versus As An Adult

I used to hear -or think I could hear -someone breathing when I was in bed. Scary! I can just about remember my parents coming in to check the bedroom, look under the bed etc etc. I was sure it wasn't ME I could hear. I'm relieved to say it doesn't happen these days!
  45. R

Seeing People Just As They Die

My mum (a devout Baptist} told me how a friend had son fighting in W.W 2. He appeared to her when she was in bed one night, and said "I'm alright , Mum!" His mother believed at the time that it meant that he was alive. It didn't, he'd been killed. I have always hoped it brought the mother some...
  46. R

Ghosts From Modern Tragedies

This may have been said already -if so, forgive me! Modern ghosts will probably appear in the clothes they were last wearing when here on earth, so may be hardly noticeable to a passer by.
  47. R

What Dying People See

I don't fear death, though I do hope it's not drawn out and horribly painful. I definitely want to outlive Bruno my cat, as he only really loves me, and wouldn't settle with anyone else. I'm as much Spiritualist as anything else these days, and I'm almost interested to find out what comes next...
  48. R

What Dying People See

I hope someone will be there to help me make the transition. It can be anyone I loved in my life here on earth -or a much loved loved pet -or just a beautifiul angel. I don't worry about it. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen! If life after death doesn't exist, I won't know about it...
  49. R

Are All Psychics & Fortune Tellers Fakes?

Elsewhere on this forum I mentioned that I had a random tarot reading . The cards were all OK until what should appear but the Falling Tower. THe lady reader and I looked at each other slightly apprehensively, because we both knew that it might mean trouble. After the reading, and some hours...
  50. R

The Ouija Board

I don't know whether inanimate objects can become'posessed', but we used to have a thread on wardrobes inhabited by their previous owners. I suppose it is possible that if the former owner was practiised in supernatural goings on, and of a nasty disposition, they might manage still to control...
Back