• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. B

2006s Most Fortean Fish

My favourite has to be "Teddy Bear kills 2500 fish" :twisted: http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... ?news=1083
  2. B

How many issues do you read a year?

I've actually read more than 13 because every now and then I dig out some mags from the 90s - there's always a selection of articles which either didn't interest me at the time or which I only skimmed because I was tired etc etc. All good stuff. :D
  3. B

What You Like Best About The Magazine?

The diversity; but most of all the commitment & dedication of both readers and contributors. Superb!
  4. B

Is FT's cover too glossy?

I treasure my FTs so much I stand them up in a glass-fronted bookcase in datal order - and the wipe-clean cover comes in handy after a week's battering. :D TIP: For those without bookcases, empty cereal packets make great "Blue Peter stylee" containers! :wink:
  5. B

FT193

Got mine this morning and I've read most of it - the Templar mystery is a favourite of mine! :D
  6. B

@lantis TV: US Secret Dig In Antarctica -- Spoof Alert!

Thanks for the intelligent response PhiloT. All I am saying is that if you had both entrepreneurial skills and a fortean thesis, but limited cash to support your research, you might want to test public reaction before soliciting organisations for financial back-up. After all, no-one likes...
  7. B

enochian keys

This is a very nice game This game is my first work. You're the first player. I hope you would enjoy it. I certainly would, but will there eventually be multi-player options instead of scrolling through the shades?
  8. B

I love it but I'm an absolute beginner - Magic(k) Primers A

The most pure magic comes from the soul. Any primers and reading material on the subject are the attempts of feeble minds to lead you in the right direction to find the source. "Know thyself" and "Heal Thyself" are most probably the best ever axioms on the subject. The Great Secret is...
  9. B

@lantis TV: US Secret Dig In Antarctica -- Spoof Alert!

Maybe some of you should be a little less paranoid. Sometimes, just sometimes, the marketing opportunities are covert inasmuch as they are scried sponsorship offers for research, thereby validating the public approval of the project concerned. Or maybe I know you all too well.
  10. B

Pocahontas' Father's Villiage Found

Brilliant research project in the offing there Mr R>I>N>G.
  11. B

Egad! Weasel Swarm!

Maybe some of you should try reading Geoffrey Household books. The meercat which is a mustelid not unlike the weasel common to the UK habitat is a perfect example of the protectiveness that is offered by the mustelid family in general and world-wide. Ferrets are another example. Voracious...
  12. B

Can we trust MicroSoft?

The only libel/slander litigation is likely to arise from your signature, pal! I don't know where you're coming from but us butterflies never carry chipped vibratory equipment.:rolleyes:
  13. B

A WEBBOG: Logging on. There's no escape.

Well, personally, as the little boy's room is the only place where we guys can get any peace I look forward to the installation of loo-roll scrolled with emails and ebooks.:rolleyes:
  14. B

Are UFOs & Ufology In Decline? If So—Why?

I personally firmly believe the decline in the interest of UFO-related phenomena to be a deep-seated fear among genuine investigators that the "Icke syndrome" complex will be visited upon their subsequent careers and livelihoods, and hence their sense of familial togetherness. A successful...
  15. B

The Synaesthesia Thread

If Wednesday was a dwarf it would be not quite but almost *******woful. :rolleyes:
  16. B

The Synaesthesia Thread

:rofl: Thanks for the link, Pinkle. Its a fascinating subject.
  17. B

The Synaesthesia Thread

I don't read the Radio Times, so my choice wasn't goverved by any asssociation with it's printing habits. But as a child I was taught the mnemonic "Richard Of York Gains Battles In Vain", the capital letters being the capital letters of the colours of the spectrum, in the exact order in which...
  18. B

The Synaesthesia Thread

I'm afraid my answer was inextricably intertwined with that darn Mallet. I was born on a Wednesday and [allegedly] such kids are full of woe. Hence woe > wogan > doonican > rafferty's motor car And I see more dark green cars than any other shade. :rolleyes:
  19. B

Chupacabras

Chupacabras are the mammalian equivalent to fleas or scabies. They live on the beliefs of lesser intelliigences and refine themselves accordingly. Therefore a creature which appears to be the result of a chapacubra is in fact the shadow of a creature looking for its true identity.
  20. B

The Synaesthesia Thread

Sorry guys! Wednesday is olive as in oil! Friday is mauve as in Gimauche! Maybe yous aren't wearing the right shades! Try Thompsons Opticians!
  21. B

Fort's 'Measurement Of A Circle'

And if you reach the edge do you fall off? :confused:
  22. B

But did Charles Fort mention the arc, or just the circle?:confused:
  23. B

When the measurement of a circle can begin anywhere, does that include the centre, and does it depend on how many dimensions it has? Please discuss. Curious forever. Hope not.:confused:
  24. B

Wodewose & The British Bigfoot

Just a thought, but it might be worth-while checking out sunspot activity as well. Haven't emailed STU yet, but interest is growing.:eek:
  25. B

Crows

I'm not paticularly observant, butt I've noticed a lot of crows lately masquerading as magpies.
  26. B

UNCONVENTION2003

Re: Hostel : Uncon Bump.
  27. B

UNCONVENTION2003

Hostel : Uncon Its looking very much as tho I'm not going to make Uncon at all.:( That means there'll be a free bed at the hostel Friday and Saturday for anyone who's skint. PM Lord Flashheart if you're interested. ;)
  28. B

Dream teachers?

blackglass Please be patient with us and continue to post on the MB. Some of us have said that we have had similar dreams tho not with the same frequency or intensity as your dream experiences. It must be very frustrating for you to have such vivid dreams and not know what to do about them...
  29. B

The Un-Uncon thread

Thanks, Swan. I now know what protective armour to bring against killer incubus clowns!;)
  30. B

Dream teachers?

I'm wary of mentioning Richard Dawkins on yet another thread, but it occurs to me that if memes do exist, then some people may be more receptive to picking them up, than others. I have occasionally had dreams where I've been shown detailed notes of something, but the images have faded with...
  31. B

Bad dreams lately?

Wasn't Ms Messenger co-host of Fort Boy-ard (my hyphen)? No prizes for guessing the symbolism there.;) :D
  32. B

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

Re: Re: Emperor Zombie Thanks EZ, but there's no need to go to any trouble. I thought you might know off the top of your head, that's all. Cheers. ;)
  33. B

UNCONVENTION2003

What you need to do Rose, is look out for Faggus and his Dad, and try to get the two parents talking. Then maybe they'll both agree to meeting the rest of the bunch afterwards. ;) :D Hope it works. If it doesn't you can always use the excuse that some of the MB members are Mums as well. :eek...
  34. B

God On The Brain

Persinger & Blackmore That last link wasn't really relevant to the God spot, I know, but it had some relevance to Eburacum45's post. I suspect, Andro, that all your speculations are spot on. ie - direction-finding, telepathy, et alia. I don't think that Persinger's work proves...
  35. B

The Death Of Tupac

You can call me anything you like, beak. TBH I'm looking forward to his reply as well.;)
  36. B

The Death Of Tupac

Poetic licence corner Aw! Come on guys. Isn't this getting out of hand? :D
  37. B

God On The Brain

The outer door slammed firmly shut, and a deathly hush descended on the tiny red-lit, sound-proofed room in which I half lay, half sat, in a kind of dentist’s reclining chair. Half an hour alone in here might have seemed a pleasantly restful prospect - except for the converted motorcycle helmet...
  38. B

Emperor Zombie I agree with LD that your topic deserves a thread of its own. Conspiracy theories regarding the Papacy are rife. Can I just ask a question? You mentioned earlier that the three ruffians (Jubelo, Jubela, Jubelum) weren't part of British masonic lore at the time of the Ripper...
  39. B

God On The Brain

What I found interesting about the more detailed link was that it gave the information that the non-religious participants in the experiment were aroused by sexual imagery, as opposed to religious ones. I'm wondering if this area of the brain has something to do with physical...
  40. B

God On The Brain

Re: Re: Re: I Hear Voices, It's The Clangers! They Have A Me I found this link which goes into a little more detail and contains this quote . "There may be dedicated neural machinery in the temporal lobes concerned with religion," the University of California team reported. "This may have...
  41. B

This article, written for and on behalf of the Masons denies the word "Juwes" has Masonic connections. So which Masons are to be believed, Knight & Lomas, or the writer of this article?:D
  42. B

God On The Brain

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Hear Voices, It's The Clangers! They H In the link I posted earlier, the following information is given. Note that all of the suggested causes are unnatural ones. My interpretation of this is that the so-called "God-organ" is merely a result of abnormal functioning of...
  43. B

Electrocuted Cat was UFO

But surely if the cat had exploded there would be no charred remains to find - not recognisably-cat remains at any rate!:confused:
  44. B

Thanks for those links, Mr Whitehead. Your quirky sense of humour added to the appreciation of the content.;) My gut reaction after reading the separate cases of James and Florence Maybrick was that Michael Maybrick was somehow implicated in the Ripper murders and wanted to frame James and...
  45. B

God On The Brain

Re: Re: Re: I Hear Voices, It's The Clangers! They Have A Me According to this glossary of terms relating to the brain quote: Temporal Lobes - There are two temporal lobes, one on each side of the brain located at about the level of the ears. These lobes allow a person to tell one smell...
  46. B

Time Slips

Some Cheshire timeslips here And some OOPARTS (Out of place artefacts) here ;)
  47. B

Re:Bruce Robinson's suspect Well done, Connors. I remember reading, probably in the book about her trial, that Florence Maybrick's mother submitted unknown documents to Queen Victoria which had an important bearing on the case. It was after this that Florence Maybrick's sentence was...
  48. B

Twins & Other Birth Multiples (Triplets, Etc.)

In The Unexplained part-work there was an article about a set of identical twins from Yorkshire IIRC who did everything in sync. For example if they were eating their forks would reach their mouths at exactly the same time. They even spoke in sync - both saying exactly the same thing - except...
  49. B

Charles Fort Memorial Online Library

This site has the text of Lady Charlotte Guest's version of The Mabinogion.
  50. B

Places Of Extreme Strangeness

But Marion, you can't leave us in suspense like that! I hope you're gonna share some of these odd tales. :D Other locations of high strangeness I'd forgotten about are Clapham Wood and Chanctonbury Ring. See here for Clapham Wood and UFOs See here for Clapham Wood and black magic See...
Back