• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. mikelegs

Boy who sleeps for months at a time is awake for first xmas in 4 years

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/29/boy-12-who-sleeps-for-months-at-a-time-celebrates-first-christmas-awake-for-4-years-6349925/ On the bright side, this condition is supposed to abate after 10 years, according to Wikipedia.
  2. mikelegs

Life Outside. (Intelligent Life in the Universe?)

I would like to open up the age-old discussion on the possibility of extraterrestrial life. While I personally have doubts that anything (else) highly intelligent is roaming our solar system, I find the possibility of microbial life tantalizing - even if we find only fossils or traces. Will it...
  3. mikelegs

It Just Doesn't Make Any Sense

I was mulling over different types of fortean events, and the ones that I find truely exciting are the ones that make no sense. UFOs, MIB, Bigfoot, ghosts, OOBE, ESP, etc are all worthy and in need of serious investigation, but what about those things that leave you with the feeling that what...
  4. mikelegs

What's in my teeth?

I'm in the process of reading a good book about forensic science used for solving crimes. In the section on odontology, it mentioned that US dentists, sometime in the mid 80s (86?), started putting a tiny plate on every individual's teeth. All it really said was that the plate contained 12...
  5. mikelegs

Under The Weather

It seems that the weather affects my mood, energy level, and who knows what else. I used to think it was just wishful thinking, but I'm having a hard time denying it these days. With all the variables, it's hard to match up weather phenomenon with personal characteristics, but I'm talking...
  6. mikelegs

Free Will

I guess this is a question for all you philosophy buffs out there. Do we humans actually operate under free will? Religion has a lot to say about it, and I figure I'll bring up some of the points that stick out in my mind. If God is omniscent, omnipotent, and all-loving/all-caring (yes, a...
  7. mikelegs

Identity (The Concept)

First let me say I'll probably never make a single point in this thread. I just need to get some ideas flowing. Been reading some threads talking about 'genetic memory' and the like. It got me thinking about identity. Once you look below a certain level, nothing has any identity. As far as...
  8. mikelegs

Foods Nobody Dislikes (Or Everybody Likes)?

A long time ago a friend and I were talking about different kinds of foods and realized that there were some foods that seemed like EVERYONE liked. We started hypothesizing somewhat conspiracy-style, but it really did get me thinking. So maybe we can sort this out. Some things we thought were...
  9. mikelegs

Good drugs, no side effects!

I'd never listen to the radio if I had a choice in the matter, but the PA system at work doesn't give me that choice. I fear for my sanity, especially with the recent new ads. Lately there have been ads for interesting 'all-natural' drugs with 'no side-effects.' A few of them are to increase...
  10. mikelegs

Profiling Ghosties

An interesting thought just struck me (no it didn't hurt). With all the interest over ghosts these days, I was wondering if there ever has been an effort to investigate just what types of people become ghosts. I know some of the theories based on type of death, but are there any on type of...
  11. mikelegs

Big Brother is looking out for you.

This issue has weighed lightly on my mind for years until I read a bit about it after WTC. Right up to WTC, pretty much the whole USA had been in uproar of "We need our privacy!" Then after WTC, we immediately turned about and said, "How could you not have known what they were up to?" My...
  12. mikelegs

Unusually Lucky Persons / Families

First off, apologies if I'm threading something that's already been discussed. It seems to be happening more and more these days. I was wondering if anyone knows any 'Lucky Families' out there. I don't really believe in luck, but a friend of mine's family certainly seemed to have plenty of...
  13. mikelegs

What are we arguing about, again?

One absolutely cannot prove, but only convince that god(s) exist or do not exist. Reading through all these threads is boggling my mind. What is the critera that, if met, would prove or disprove the existence of god(s)? If anyone can come to terms with my first statement, why do they spend so...
  14. mikelegs

How many have you killed?

At the risk of being a little morbid, I was wondering what the record is for most murders. I know some people have claimed to have killed hundreds or more, but I'm looking for cases with some real evidence. The best one I can think of so far is here. You only really need to read the first...
  15. mikelegs

Given Time Travel, Where & When Would You Want To Travel?

Just an idea... I write down today's lotto numbers, because no one won. I throw together a time machine and by tomorrow{now} I come back to this morning{before} and confidently play the winning numbers. {now} everyone has a memory of me winning the lotto, instead of no one winning, and my...
  16. mikelegs

They* Walk Among Us (*Aliens)

I'm interested in hearing your beliefs/evidence/whatever about the possibility of aliens spending some time on the ground. For example, are any of these mystical creatures (bigfoot, chup, jersey devil, etc) possibly stranded creatures from afar? Are they disguised as humans? Invisible? Or is...
  17. mikelegs

What's in a spell?

Ok, this thread's for all you witches/warlocks out there. I watched the film 13 Ghosts last night, and it really got me thinking about spells. Who/what/where/when was it decided that incanting words in a certain order caused magical things to happen? I'm also interested in knowing the...
  18. mikelegs

U-haul scare

Just received this in the email - message in full. Personally I don't believe a word of it, but would be interested in hearing if it's based in truth at all. Also interested if anyone else has received this same message.
  19. mikelegs

Conceptualization -> Reality problem

Does everyone have this problem? I think I'm creative, because I can conceptualize some very very interesting stuff (images, music, philosophies, etc), but then have a LOT of trouble translating them into reality. Images I can't do at all, due to complete lack of artistic talent in that...
  20. mikelegs

How do I hunt ghosts.

Well it was bound to happen sometime. I've gone and planned (only preliminary so far) an ameteur ghost hunt. Haven't even chosen the actual sight yet, mainly just said 'Ok we're going to do it.' So what I want to know is, what tools do I need, and how do I go about it, having never done...
  21. mikelegs

A1 Fuel?

This is another 'I saw this on some show I can't remember and now want to know more' threads. It was probably about 5 years ago some guy claimed to have invented a fuel far superior to gasoline. Here is what I do remember. The fuel consisted of some by-product created early in the...
Back