• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Predictions for 2009

yeah it has, it's just *they* don't want you to know about it. Anyway, I also predicted it wouldn't, so I had a 50/50 chance of being right on that one ...
  2. S

Predictions for 2009

does anyone ever check back through these? apart from being about 3 years early etc ... :shock:
  3. S

Predictions for 2009

1.) The death of Mick Hucknall, and a newspaper gets in trouble for the headline "Simply Dead" 2.) A News story that could be explained by/have the headline "Unidentified Flying Marmot" 3.) Big trouble for Ikea, but not credit crunch related 4.) Strange coincidence in Manchester robbery...
  4. S

Richard Gere and the gerbil

Were any gerbils harmed in the making of The Mothman Prophecies? just curious ... :twisted:
  5. S

Day Of The Triffids

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/no ... iffids-bbc
  6. S

UnCon 08

When we were trying to find that pub that possibly only existed in my mind (or, more likely, my liver) I was convinced we were heading away from Goodge Street :oops:
  7. S

UnCon 08

I'm glad I wasn't in the front row, or using my camera, cheeky sod :wink: Actually though, that sort of remark is fairly telling as a response to the criticisms of not respecting your audience enough to bother engaging with them. I do admit that the 3am conversation might have been more...
  8. S

Uncon 2009 - the "official" suggestions thread

Actually, thinking about it, an Uncon 2009 rather than 2010 would be a good start :)
  9. S

Uncon 2009 - the "official" suggestions thread

comfy seats would be nice, rather than those awful plastic things can we go back to posting out the wristband passes as well, or at least have seperate ones for the two days again
  10. S

UnCon 08

No worries :) , that's more to do with my boredom of the whole crop circle thing, rather than the point you made, I knew the subject would be inevitably mentioned but wasn't happy at it being talked about more than necessary.
  11. S

Charlie Brooker's DEAD SET

The zombies had gotten in through the camera tunnels round the room as they'd closed the shutters to lock out the zombies in the garden, this and the zombie in the BB control room suggests the building had been overrun. Just been watching the last two on channel 4 catchup, very good :)
  12. S

Burlesque pics (work-safe) complete with ghost orbs

he usually plays the banjo it was ok, a bit short though
  13. S

UnCon 08

That was fun :) Good to meet up with some familiar faces and the new people - hiya to Rabidreader, Pietro, Original Chia & Partner (board name?), Bob (briefly on sunday evening) and Golf Sale (I'm sure that's who they were introduced as, after 4 pints :wink: ), and to the couple that me...
  14. S

Meh, now I'm going to have to catch up on the last two episodes sometime after Uncon :(
  15. S

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

I thought we were up to the fat end of the wedge now nice summary of their past mistakes here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7695722.stm finally listened to all of it this morning, boring, I would've complained about the amount of "were we wrong to broadcast it, phone us now"...
  16. S

Simulacra

I thought it Russell Brand recreating a scene from Fawlty Towers episode "The Germans" :wink:
  17. S

Eco-Crunch (Another Earth needed)

What, couldn't they manage to fit "sub prime" in there as well?
  18. S

another good one, One Man & His Zombie :D Like how the endings so far haven't been cliffhanger endings either, when both could've been if they'd been a few seconds shorter
  19. S

UnCon 08

Me, hurrah for student prices! (and hopefully a good choice of beer) :_pished: :D
  20. S

Liked it :D People die then get up again with funny contact lenses on :shock:
  21. S

Phantom Clowns

Cool :) Clowns get a lot of unjust bad press from the whole Gacy thing, and "It" - personally I preferred the clown to the spider (and thanks to the bbc for running that report on poisonous spiders in London, just before Uncon) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7573530.stm
  22. S

Phantom Clowns

Backslapping? that was the barest minimum of effort I made there to highlight the absurdity of the Gacy "killer clown" tag. chill.
  23. S

Phantom Clowns

He also worked at a KFC restaurant, should I avoid anyone employed by KFC, just in case? :wink: Anyway, when he started his killings he ran a construction company that mainly hired young men (some of whom he killed), this appears to have been a more reliable route to him for finding...
  24. S

DNA finger printing could soon reveal your surname

isn't this a new series starting on BBC3 this autumn?
  25. S

Phantom Clowns

Hang on, most serial killers I'm aware of didn't ever dress as clowns, so statistically speaking people dressed as clowns are less likely to be serial killers than people not dressed as clowns. We should fear the people who aren't dressed as clowns, they're probably serial killers :wink:
  26. S

Iraq holds own beer festival

Damn, missed it :(
  27. S

UnCon 08

Actually, that pub's using the same colour scheme as my local, which pub is it? (did anyone see some report on BBC1 news the other morning, I;m sure they were in the Lord John Russell briefly)
  28. S

UnCon 08

We used to have a flag ... seriously :? Last time someone posted a pub to meet in, and we were fairly easy to spot apparently :wink:
  29. S

Royston Cave codex of the Templars decoded

I dunno, I prefer the theory I've just come up with over a bottle of Brakspear Triple, the one about the popular chocolate bar Twix being a creating of the Knights Templar. It was something about the red and gold packaging represting the royal bloodline, the X in Twix standing for cross, and...
  30. S

Dozing D'ohs: Falling Asleep At Inopportune Times

some sort of aircraft cabin fume problem not involving carbon monoxide, rather than some sort of ufo/alien abduction scenario, perhaps? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7423399.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3505999.stm
  31. S

UnCon 08

Alright, seeing as friday night's halloween, what are we doing for it? pre-Uncon thing? last two times have involved a general piss up but the date and that seems to call for something extra ... what am I saying, I'm going to end up drunk as usual anyway, last time bits of the hotel door...
  32. S

Large Hadron Collider (LHC)

No, just, no. The only thing that might be good about a black hole swallowing everything up is that poodle-haired twonk would be first to go, him being stood on top of the LHC playing a guitar solo based on the theme tune for Quantum Leap, which will at least spare the universe anymore...
  33. S

I've been on about how big brother could be made tolerable if only they chose to freak out the contestants by pretending some sort of zombie invasion is happening outside the bb house, now it looks like someones done something like it, oh well :) can't wait ...
  34. S

Spaceship Capricorn Daily Messages

Cuh, so cynical, it's obviously the fault of the credit crunch/oil prices/Gordon Brown/weird brummie elf's/etc ... :twisted:
  35. S

The Worst Horror Movies You Have Ever Seen

The Exorcist was a bit rubbish really, and Day of the Dead is way overrated. Resident Evil and Aliens vs Predator are quite bad as well
  36. S

Debate :Increase in UK UFO sightings or increase in reports?

I've gone for "more reporting of Ufo's", thanks to certain papers' keenness to put any old blurry seagull photograph up as evidence of aliens visiting, what I really wanted was an option that said "more seagulls" :wink:
  37. S

Zontar & The Baby Deltics

Aliens can be trainspotters too, obviously, the truth is out there - it's just been delayed by a points failure at Thirsk :wink:
  38. S

Faceless Aliens at Wimbledon (Viral Marketing Weirdness)

It's part of an advert, for Lotus apparently :roll: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/03/biza ... ss-people/ boring
  39. S

Doritos Advertisement To Be Broadcast To Aliens

If that's possible then we should consider the possibility that time travelling aliens from the planet Dorito have visited us in the past with the recipe for a popular crispy snack, making some sort of weird alien paradox-y type thing that actually serves no purpose when you think about it...
  40. S

Doritos Advertisement To Be Broadcast To Aliens

Well, when the aliens visit and announce "your crisps are shit, your adverts are worse, and we want our money back" before vapourising us all, we'll know that they probably have :wink:
  41. S

UnCon 2008 - The Official Suggestions Thread

Avoid the Generator, if the late night partying doesn't keep you awake the snoring will. Not that the snoring kept me awake, mind ...
  42. S

Banned Music

Since when did that ever stop him? :wink:
  43. S

UnCon 2008 - The Official Suggestions Thread

Hold it outside London, York would be alright, for example Bring back Doug Skinners & his musical instruments, just because I missed that last time, and the HP Lovecraft Appreciation society (or any similar sort of thing) A venue with decent air conditioning would also be nice, and a bar...
  44. S

Romero's Dead Films

I went and saw Diary of the Dead today, meh. It's ok I suppose, but the whole blair witch/cloverfield business of shooting it from the view of the people affected isn't carried off nearly as well as those two films. That's the fault of have someone doing a voiceover, the way Romero uses it to...
  45. S

Joshua Ward House Photo

I think she should sue whoever did her hair, oh, and the quality of the photo's so bad it could be from anywhere - I was thinking more 'The Supremes' than 'Wicked Witch Ghost' though :nonplus:
  46. S

The Cloverfield Films

really impressed by it, like TMS I didn't see anything fall in the sea at the very end (there was what looked like an oil-tanker style boat off the beach though, was that bringing it back?). The filming style reminded me of Blair Witch - but you did get to see the monster in this, even if the...
  47. S

Derren Brown: Master Mind-Manipulator

I was being cynical and saying he'd put four grand on all of the runners and quietly swapped the winning slip with the single mum's when she was whining about losing four grand, naughty me :|
  48. S

UFO conspiracy

Great, a single line about some sightings in Sunderland followed by the authors opinion based on what he probably read on Wikipedia before going to the pub early, no details of the sightings which kind of makes the suggestion to me that the conspiracy is that UFO's were invented by bored hacks...
  49. S

Predictions for 2008

David Cameron to be replaced early to 2008, by someone considered to be a bit like Gordon Brown, they will also be about as electable as Iain Duncan Smith. Menzies Campbell will retire through ill health, the selection of a new Lib Dem leader will not feature any scandals. Some sort of...
  50. S

People You Thought Were Dead

:rofl: no, this was channel five, their standards of ... ah yes, I see.
Back