• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

Black 'Midges'

midges these could be coming up through the sink drains. if you do the bug bomb, make sure ALL pilot lights in furnace, waterheater etc are off. otherwise kablooie
  2. T

A crazy synchronicity

awrrrr! what was the pirate costume for/ ever find out?
  3. T

Dreaming Of The Dead

re escargot "That's the point of this thread, that we dream of the dead. The dreams are often a comfort to bereaved people. We know that they are dreams." escargot the poster wanted to know why her gran and friend were acting so differently to her... she seemed puzzled and seemed to feel...
  4. T

"Haunted" flat story as hinted at!

a tulpa? this is a really interesting post....did the depression create the "entity" or attract it, or was the entity responsible for creating the depression? frosted glass in interior doors is not used here in the states, thank goodness.
  5. T

summer of 76

stop wanking off?
  6. T

Dreaming Of The Dead

award for escargot for staying to the end of AI.
  7. T

Dreaming Of The Dead

dreams are imaginary dear gran and your friend probably wouldnt want to scare you. and they didn't. you scared yourself. they weren't "in your dream." they have passed on. you created the dream from memories, things you've read, seen, and thought about, and your mind churned that mental salad...
  8. T

I saw a Witch

i oughta know the idea of a witch being dressed in a black cape with a bubbling cauldron is a little old [pointed] hat, don't you think? nowadays we wear street clothes.
  9. T

Bell sound from nowhere

sound was from somewhere and i bet it was a signal tone from a smart phone. signals can be set for notifications from apps, messages, facebook, email, etc, etc. It could have even been from an appliance, cable box, open fridge door or timer. you are to be commended for not ignoring the...
  10. T

Coral Castle (Edward Leedskalnin; Homestead, Florida)

slight correction. the stones were carved from coral...not bedrock, hence the name coral castle. so while they were undoubtedly still heavy, they were nowhere near as heavy as the equivalent sized pieces of bedrock would have been. ed was an "outsider artist" who had a broken heart, he lived...
  11. T

Lights in the Woods and Aliens/Time Travellers

maybe it was hyacinth bouquet having a riparian picnic
  12. T

A Few Things That Happened To Me

i want to ask about the educational system you were enrolled in, as i have never heard of it... black and white drawing has a negative effect? please explain that one...and why, if your mom was open to the paranormal, was she so repressive towards your experiences? there seems to be...
  13. T

Old Work Colleague

ghost on main street this is an interesting post, and parallels an experience my mom had. she used to go into the little local town every saturday to the hairdressers. most times my dad drove her and picked her up. once after this weekly trip she told me she had seen an old friend in town...
  14. T

A Bizarre & Nasty Haunting

down boys! maybe he didn't want to give out a lot of accurate personal information to this mob...so far you have dug into the story to the extent of posting real information about a relative of his, finding his house, and then investigating and finding him on flickr, making guesses as to his...
  15. T

Voices in the house and other happenings

i had the same thought, how can you be naturally skeptical and rational and then go to a spiritualist meeting? sounds contradictory. ..but i think the real issue here is with "forteans"...especially and including the poster above advising you to "avoid that crap", his job i guess to be the...
  16. T

Protective Male ?

advice from a witch I would encourage this man to go. Smudge with sage and say some prayers, tell him to go in no uncertain terms. Encouraging him to manifest is not in your best interest. You are not prepared or trained to handle that. Eventually things will go bad. This is a trapped...
  17. T

pen behind the ear

come on people I don't know if this is fortean or paranormal, but it's weird and certainly worth a little discussion and all the poster is getting is a lot of random or scatological comments and some rather frightening and self indulgent photographs. could this be why you've had to repost your...
  18. T

ghost on tybee island

maybe it was just impatient to get out. but yes that was the sequence. I don't think we have any established facts yet about the paranormal. so anything might happen i guess. and in this case did. its a typical charming old cottage i'll look up the address if you like.
  19. T

ghost on tybee island

the shadow looked like it was running on four legs, just like a large burly black dog might look, except moving fast, at the gallop x2. came through the closed closet door silently, but slammed into the wall as it went through that to the outside. then the painting flew off the wall, almost in...
  20. T

Our Old IHTM Threads

whatever happened to the days when the dogheaded men roamed london? or people got phone calls from dead relatives? those are the tales that chill the blood before bedtime!
  21. T

the mystery of the voice (for mature audiences only)

low tech intercom someone listening in through the heating ductwork? would not have had to been directly adjacent to hear or be heard by you. when we were kids we used to use this as a low tech intercom.
  22. T

A Man Who Makes My Cats Act Weird

the guy had a bad vibe and the cats picked it up. he might be an animal abuser, a drunk or just a mean old bastard. in any event, they showed good sense in getting to a place of safety and keeping their eyes on him. that they came to you, to warn you, and for yours and their mutual safety is...
  23. T

ghost on tybee island

tybee island is off the coast of georgia. it's a family place, an island with only one or two hotels, everything else is family cottages, moss hanging from trees, wide beaches, very quiet and quaint. the people of savannah and tybee love love love art, especially regional art and subjects and...
  24. T

Intuition Experience

i'm with red here..... dear red, i am definitely with you on this one. I don't think you "smelled" the candles...it was your intuition plain and simple. One evening i was in bed for the night, as was everyone else in the house. for no conscious reason I got up, walked out to the kitchen, and...
  25. T

Freaky events in my house.

cold response to a death ...you see a housemate on the floor in the bathroom and figure he's been in there for at least three hours and you do nothng...you don't even call out his name. after you find out he's dead you go "down the pub" for quiz night, which i assume is sort of a group...
  26. T

Phantom Finger prints on eyeglasses

high strangeness, people people, come on!
  27. T

Hearing Your Name Called

dance can be a form of worship.
  28. T

buses that have "atmospheres"

ipod to the rescue very grim. sound like emotional bullies. ipods are good for avoiding interaction and have the advantage of helping to fake you can't hear. texting, laptops and even the low tech crossword puzzle books can help. avoiding any reaction imperative. if no ipod, just put ear buds...
  29. T

Remote viewing experiences

too hip for the room what you are describing sounds more like astral travel or an out of body experience. in remote viewing, you don't "go" anywhere to see clairvoyantly. in fact, you do not "leave you body." yet you can see and describe the places, events and emotions of those far away...
  30. T

Adventures In Sleep Paralysis

dear max, do you think this might be a memory from a past life?
  31. T

I was Hit by a Meteorite!

could there be some sort of magnetic weirdness around his house?
  32. T

curious incident

probable v possible maybe the window was open a crack and the good samaritan tossed it in the car? or maybe he replaced the phone and in an extra dose of kindness locked the car door. maybe mr fuss was asleep and dreamed he checked his messages... were there ever any other misplaced articles...
  33. T

curious incident

what he thinks he thinks he has total recall for the day in question. we will never know.
  34. T

Jinns

two quick things the lasperitis book is titled paranormal sasquatch, sorry. and jenny randles has something in one of her books about the paranormal event being preceded by "buzzing inside the head." she relates this is part the "oz factor," the weirdness that overcomes the witness to the...
  35. T

Has Anyone Else Seen The Harlequin?

death to the odd maybe she was a messed up hippy? time frame would be right. or a mentally ill or mentally retarded person living on the streets. they are regularly ignored and dismissed by our caring society. we used to have someone who rode the bus in our little town, had hair so long she...
  36. T

Jinns

this is interesting. i have found the buzzing prelude to paranormal experiences in quite a lot of my reading... from the book of Am Tuat.."and there are heard the voices of those who are shut in this circle which are like the hum of many bees of honey when their souls cry out to Ra."...to the...
  37. T

curious incident

anathema to forteans the most obvious answer is probably the correct one. since he is such a creature of habit, it might be that he is mistaken about the day in question, and he remembers his pattern. OR- his friend was messing with him/borrowed the phone and left it in the car without...
  38. T

Noises Off

sorry to be such a skeptic, but i think while fortean, this wasn't paranormal. my cousin and sister were staying in a friends unheated cabin one winter in the mountains of north carolina and just like that the buffet cracked, lengthwise down the top. this was new and nice quality furniture...
  39. T

Jinns

this man could have been "an aged wise man" or he could have been "an aged phony hustler." since (i'm assuming) you met him the once, i would certainly not internalize anything he told you. it is very appealing to think our problems are caused by external forces, especially exotic and...
  40. T

What Fortean power do you have?

fortean powers! i can tell what temperature the pool is EXACTLY without looking at the pool thermometer, down to half a degree. i can tell what year clothes are from (modern era, 1960's on), this is helpful since i frequently buy vintage clothing. i can measure things just by looking and give...
  41. T

Post Your Puzzling Dreams Here

reply to isis isis i don't know if you're still following the thread but i think you had a past life dream. maybe if you make the suggestion to yourself you might be able to continue it. i have been keeping a dream notebook too and it is fascinating to review it after some time and see the...
  42. T

Flat out

rats they needed a bath because she hadn't kept them clean. rats are not inherently stinky. its up to the owners to care for and clean up after their pets. don't diss the rats, diss the owner.
  43. T

Classic Archive Merged: Raggedly Ann

nothing to fear here! this doll is a a true sweetheart...raggedy anne has a candy heart inscribed "i love you." however, i hope you did check under the bed and the back of the closet.
  44. T

Moon Gardening (Astrological Gardening)

the right time there is the right time to do anything. setting fence posts is a prime example. do it at the wrong time of the moon and the posts will always be wobbly, and at the right time the posts will set in good and there will be lots of dirt left over.
  45. T

Dark-Hooded Figures and Their Flower Gift(s)

fortean golden rule we have all seen weird stuff and are making an effort to understand it, thus our presence in this forum. if you are going to tell people your weird stuff you have to : 1. have a thick skin about it, 2. tolerate other people's weirdness so that yours will be tolerated.
  46. T

Possible Déjà vu??

maybe you are remembering a toy maybe you had a small chalkboard as a toy when you were little (or a sibling or playmate did) and you are half remembering it... even though these are decidedly low tech, they are still sold as toys and used in pre-schools and kindergartens, so it is entirely...
  47. T

Strange Dreams!

thanks thanks recycled!
  48. T

Strange Dreams!

mumrah's dream could the boy be you? have you traded dream identities with someone who might have/could or should have saved you?
Back