• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

Rude & Suggestive Place Names

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the various Grape Lanes around the country are usually Bowdlerised versions of Grope(c*nt) Lane
  2. C

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/columns/ ... rfume.html
  3. C

Forgotten History

(Wikipedia and other sources)
  4. C

Contacts From Departed (Deceased) Pets

I thought the same about my Oliver, who died about 5 years ago. Some time last year I was dropping off to sleep when I distinctly felt the familiar sensation of a feline body 'making muffins' on the duvet, then round and round in circles until it settled against my legs, just like Oliver used...
  5. C

Ghost Photos On 80s Kids Show Wide Awake Club

http://www.leics.gov.uk/pressrelease.htm?id=90730 No pics, but the above metions Richard III's ghost . . . . . . and here's a link to the report on the site visit . . . http://paranormal-inspectres.co.uk/images/stories/investigations/bosworth/bosworth%20report.pdf
  6. C

Fortean Times is now the class reader for my mums school

Well said David! Children's writers have to make a living like everyone else, but IMO they do have a certain responsibility to their readers and ideally should make some contribution towards the education of their intended audience. When I was in 6th form (not 6th grade) Margaret Drabble...
  7. C

Geologist Unearths An End-Of-Days Plan Built Into Religion

Re: Geologist Unearths an End-of-Days Plan Built into Religi The Pyramids are structures for salvation in this life? Explain please.
  8. C

Animal Deformities

A very laudable sentiment, bosskR :roll:
  9. C

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

I just love the 'psychic drawings' some people send in. :lol: And Derek Acorah being possessed and saying 'Mary loves Dick, Mary loves Dick' was a highlight of the show.
  10. C

Grove Hospital, Shardlow, Derbyshire

Everybody takes [ictures of orbs . . .
  11. C

John Wesley's Chair at the New Rooms, Bristol

With all that blackness and ornate carving I can see how a chil might be frightened by it. It looks as if it might swallow you up, or envelop you if you sat in it . . . :shock:
  12. C

Hill Figures

We've got the Kilburn white horse near us (York area), dating from the 1850s, I think. Apart from the Nazca drawings I can't think of any other country that has anything similar.
  13. C

Hill Figures

Anyone know the significance of the older ones? I know there are some more recent ones displaying regimental badges and ones which were cut to commemorate events such as the Queen's silver jubilee, but what about the older ones, like the White Horse of Uffington (the oldest, estimated age...
  14. C

Cave Of The Crystals (Giant Crystals; Naica, Mexico)

Is there actually any limit on the size of crystals? Didn't think you could get them that big.
  15. C

The Ship

Some of the pictograms are Egyptian, the others appear to be made up, or from an (alien???????) script . . .
  16. C

Oklahoma car lot ghost on video?

Here is a link to a re-creation of the vid: http://www.aacsich.org/Photographs_and_video.htm And here is the original (at bottom of page): http://tlewis777.tripod.com/G.H.O.U.L.I/id42.html
  17. C

SCARED POOCH

Had something happened on an earlier occasion which had alarmed him, making him unprepared to approach that house again?
  18. C

The Ship

Couldn't link to the pics, because Human had them as Img instead of URL. Couldn't open them when I cut and pasted them either. Now they have disappeared altogether . . . maybe there is more than meets the eye to these photos and one of us was closer to the truth than he realised . . ...
  19. C

Contacts From Departed (Deceased) Pets

Sorry to hear about your loss, minky, it's awful to lose a much-loved pet, especially in such traumatic circumstances. Others on this board, will, of course, have different opinions, but my personal belief is that there is some sort of afterlife for animals as well as humans. Years ago we...
  20. C

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

There's a 'baby man' in our area too. Several people walking in a local small park have been approached by a young man, late teens or early twenties, wearing nothing but a huge nappy. He never acts or speaks threateningly, but, needless to say, those who encounter him find it vaguely disturbing.
  21. C

Paraphilic Infantilism (Adult Babies; Diaper Lovers)

There's a 'baby man' in our area too. Several people walking in a local small park have been approached by a young man, late teens or early twenties, wearing nothing but a huge nappy. He never acts or speaks threateningly, but, needless to say, those who encounter him find it vaguely disturbing.
  22. C

The man that wasnt there

But there may be a mystery here, because if one experiences something like this, one tries to rationalise what has happened: Did the man disappear into the hedge (to have a kip!) - no, he couldn't, because the hedges were too solid. Could the man have walked quickly away? - he was an old...
  23. C

Weirdest Movie Title Ever!

"Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness " Anthony Newley 1969
  24. C

Church Ghosts

Some years ago I did an evening course on local ghosts and legends. One of the attendees told us about her uncle, who'd had a holiday touring Norfolk. He visited a village church (unfortunately I can't remember the name), intending to go inside if possible. He tried the door, but it was...
  25. C

Church Ghosts

It looks to me like on of those statues of saints you get in Catholic churches. Carole
  26. C

Creatures of Habit

I always like to park in the same area of the car park if I can, and when I go for my Saturday morning coffee, I like to sit at a particular table if I can. And many of the regulars have their favourite table too. Carole
  27. C

Creatures of Habit

When I have Sunday Lunch I always eat my Yorkshire puds first - but it's natural I suppose, I'm a Yorkshire lass at heart. Carole
  28. C

Has Degsy really been exposed?

Yep, I agree with Stormkhan and Heckler. Of late, he's too inclined to become 'possessed' by antagonistic presences and thus scaring the shit out of Yvette . . . As mentioned on that website, it's most annoying, when someone says, 'Shh, what was that?' and you can't hear a damned thing...
  29. C

War Crime Science: Germany / WW2: Nazi Doctors, Mengele, Etc.

http://www.mengele.dk/new_page_6.htm Carole
  30. C

What do you think?

That's a good site, with useful references for natural objects or occurrences. I'm still not happy about orbs; many of these ghost sites speak of them with reverence but, as someone has mentioned previously, they seem to have been a fairy recent 'invention'. Carole
  31. C

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

Thanks. I had a look and it seems an interesting site, lots of new things to speculate on. But of course, it is only speculation . . . :) Carole
  32. C

What do you think?

You're right, Jerry. There is no proof that these pics are genuine, what is scaring me is the thought that they just might be real . . . Carole
  33. C

Thanks Fitz, but the link isn't working! Carole
  34. C

Spectered Isle.

Teesside Airport - the phantom pilot. There are also reported hauntings in Hangar 2 (now a TNT depot). And strange noises have been heard in our office building, which used to be the Ops Room when the airport was a wartime RAF base. And one of the smaller hotels at the airport, which used...
  35. C

What do you think?

Yeh, well he was a bit of a bastard . . . :monster: But whatever these photos are, I'm still going to have a few uneasy thoughts running around my mind tonight . . . :shock: Carole
  36. C

What do you think?

The creepiest thing about that one, Yith, is that the 'phantom' looks very like an ex-boyfriend of mine, with whom I parted on very bad terms . . . :shock: Carole
  37. C

Rosemary Brown, the Musical Medium

I remember reading her book and at the time (I was a teenager) I was quite impressed by her sincerity, but that was a long time ago and I've never heard any of her music. She was visited in the main by Lizt, Beethoven and Chopin, wasn't she? I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone...
  38. C

Next time there is a MHL, we really must get together and formulate a PLAN. Bags I sending in a psychic drawing . . . Carole
  39. C

Oh, I just love those psychic drawings! They have me in fits every time. :rofl: Carole
  40. C

I'd like them to go to Whitechapel, see if they can dish any dirt from beyond the grave on old Jacky . . . Carole
  41. C

What do you think?

Not terribly convincing IMO, blakta, but I took a look at some of the other ghost pics on that site and, whether they are fakes or not, they are pretty damned CREEPY! :shock: These are the ones that spooked me most of all . . . http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Ghosts/Blakes.html...
  42. C

[PHOTO]A real ghost on Disney's Haunted Mansion?

It looks like a child to me. The person who took the photographer insists that there were no children in the vicinity, so either we believe him or we don't. Carole
  43. C

Lack of fully formed human apparitions

If you don't like orbs, you can always photograph a vortex (whatever that is) that they seem to favour on these ghost sites . . . Carole
  44. C

Websites Found by Misspelling

And at work, looking for MAN B&W Diesel's web site address, I was offered lots of gay sites . . . :shock: Carole
  45. C

As I said at the outset, Hook, these were just thoughts that occurred to me whilst reading the book. I'm just making suggestions and not putting these forward these as any sort of solution. Carole
  46. C

Just a couple more idle thoughts . . . Catherine Eddowes gave her name as Marie Kelly on the night of the murder, as Hook says. Her body was the most badly mutilated up to that point. Until Kelly (?), who was horribly butchered. Was he angry with her because he discovered that Eddowes...
  47. C

That's true - just as many women in the Leeds area were in fear of the Yorkshire Ripper. But in Begg's book, it was mentioned that Kelly had her boyfriend buy newspapers and read the Ripper reports out to her. That's what struck me - that a woman of Kelly's class would have newspaper reports...
  48. C

Curses

A ring of salt? Sounds quite painful . . . Carole
Back