• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Victorian Children, Fishing & Beavers

Oh wow, I hadn't been back to this forum in forever and didn't realize anyone else had posted a comment to this thread. How did you come across the dream area in real life? And I know what you mean about being more skeptical - when I was younger I was the same way, but now I question anything...
  2. S

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

Oh my gosh I just got sucked into this thing for hours! I was going to say thanks for sharing but now that I've realized how much time I've wasted reading through these I think I'll take it back... :wink:
  3. S

A Vibration In Your Trouser Pocket

This is actually a really common occurrence called "phantom vibrations." Essentially, you feel your phone vibrating in your pocket, even if it's not there. There's a pretty interesting article on it from Fast Company; in fact the first line of the article describes exactly the experience...
  4. S

Odd Smells

Lol! This will certainly be an interesting, but thoroughly scientific, experiment. Now I just have to find a willing volunteer! :lol:
  5. S

Odd Smells

I thought about that. Except it didn't really smell like the fabric softener we use...but maybe the heat of the laptop combined with wearing it altered the scent a bit? Who knows. Ah, the little mysteries of life!
  6. S

Help Finding Favorite Thread Please!

Agreed. But it still made for an interesting story!
  7. S

Odd Smells

This exact thing happened to me last week! I was sitting on the couch using my laptop and I kept catching the hint of a perfumey scent. It came and went over the next couple of hours. I'm sure there's a very logical explanation for it but whatever it is it's beyond me, as no one in my family...
  8. S

Help Finding Favorite Thread Please!

Wow, Escargot! Impressive memory. And yikes - that story had the perfect balance of creepy, strange, and weird visual images. I know I'll be thinking about it for the next couple of days.
  9. S

Strange hare sighting

I've had times in the past where, driving, I've thought I saw one thing which turned out to be something else. For example, I made my husband stop the car recently and go back because I thought I saw a big black bunny in a field (and where I live, black rabbits are never wild, but domesticated...
  10. S

Orc? Goblin? Child?

Mytho's right, too late for you now! It can't be undone! :wink: But really, it happens to all of us. This post and your comment following it gave me a much needed chuckle, so thanks for that :)
  11. S

Apported Orange Tic-Tac During School Run [PHOTO]

An orange tic tac? What a random object to fall from the sky! I would guess it was a bird, too. Perhaps a tiny sparrow - they can be hard to spot sometimes. Are you sure it was a tic tac, or could it have been a pill? Either way, it's strange. I love these bizarre little things that can occur as...
  12. S

Weird Sleep And Half-Asleep Experiences

Reading through your guys' experiences reminded me of a similar thing that happened to me when I was about 14, that I hadn't thought of in years. I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and would lay awake in my bed in the dark for hours, just trying to fall asleep. One night, as I...
  13. S

Creepy Small Villages

Lol! Also, if you scroll the street view image upward, you'll see V's good friend, uh, Sir Purple Orb has been hanging out there as well: http://g.co/maps/zhfef :D !!
  14. S

Oh my gosh, that must be such a disturbing thing to experience! Fortunately for me, I only heard a weird video game sort of sound. I can't imagine if I heard the voice of someone I loved sounding distressed or scared! Our sleep states can affect us in such strange ways. It's all the more...
  15. S

Ha! I have never heard of that before! That would make me absolutely NUTS if that's what actually happened though. Can you imagine if somebody tossed a neverending box of cricket chirpings onto the telephone wires in front of your house? Lol I would lose it.
  16. S

I doubt it was a frog or insect, as it had a very tinny, digital type of sound to it - like the type of music/sound you might hear from an old Nintendo gameboy or console. I'd be very surprised if a starling could have made a sound like that, but I know little about starlings, so perhaps I'm wrong!
  17. S

I've thought I heard my phone beep for a text message before when I'm fully awake, actually! I've heard of people experiencing 'phantom' vibrations as well, when they think their phone is vibrating in their purse or pocket and they don't even have it on them. Perhaps a neighbor's doorbell?
  18. S

That's a good theory, only I've heard our smoke alarms' battery beep before and it sounds very different. This almost sounded musical, and multilayered, like there was more than one sound playing at the same time.
  19. S

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, as I don't think it's exactly paranormal or anything like that. But it was a little bit strange, and I wanted to share it with somebody, so hopefully you guys aren't completely bored by it. Anyways, I am currently staying in a house all by...
  20. S

Something Captured In A Photo

It looks like it could be a lens flare from light (I'm not a professional photographer so please excuse me if my camera terms are totally bunk :roll: ). I can see something resembling a man's shoulders, but very little beyond that. I think this is probably just a good old fashioned case of...
  21. S

Dream Visitation From A Ringmaster Demon

This original poster was cracking me up! I read this and lol'd, because the same thing has happened to me before, waking up from a strange dream and thinking to myself, "what is WRONG with me?!" Also, I love that the OP said they tried to 'hadouken' the demon. I must be a bigger nerd than I...
  22. S

Mystical Cave

Can somebody provide a link to street view? I googled Snowdonia and found several images (absolutely gorgeous!) but would love to see a street view image if possible. Anyways, what an intriguing story. And you and your friends seem like a lot of fun to hang out with, lol. I would love to go...
  23. S

Have YOU heard The Laughing Child ?

I haven't noticed a stock baby laugh, but ever since I started playing World of Warcraft I've noticed a horse 'neighing' sound from the game that also pops up in film and commercials. For anybody who plays WOW, it's the whinnying sound your horse makes when you're mounted and hit the space bar...
  24. S

Car and road spirits

How strange! I find it particularly interesting because while the two of you were friends, it didn't seem like you were extremely close or had a strong bond.
  25. S

My big ghost story I have taken forever to post.

Oh gosh, I don't have much to contribute here - just wishing I hadn't read this right before bed! That would be a terrifying experience to go through, traumatic both because of the inexplicable events as well as the reality of what happened to that poor girl. I did wonder if perhaps you had...
  26. S

Arizona Twilight Zone

I don't know why, but this story of the archway popped into my head recently (I read it years back), and I decided to find this post again just to reread about it again. Anyways, I thought I would mention that somebody made a documentary about this alleged time portal. It's a ridiculously long...
  27. S

The Ventriloquist's Dummy & His Bottle Of Milk

I don't really have any input here. Just wanted to say thanks to the author for completely freaking me out. I do not want to go to bed now! :shock:
  28. S

Some slightly odd happenings

Hi River! I enjoyed your post because it sounds a lot like me - nothing too strange ever happens to me, but little things here and there will perk up my imagination or make me wonder. Anyway, I got curious when you mentioned seeing things out of the corner of your eye. I remember hearing about...
  29. S

Zanzibar Ghost

Wow, interesting story! I think you did a great job describing what you experienced -- a lot of times when I'm reading posts here in this forum I get really creeped out, but when you described the girl by the window I simply felt intrigued. I'm not sure what it could mean but I hope if I ever...
  30. S

Wow, it's so interesting to hear you and Tamyu discuss this. I also have very distinct, clear memories of two specific places that come to me at times, and every time they come into my mind, I feel a sense of comfort and (argh, it sounds so cheesy but don't know how else to put it) even a sense...
  31. S

I don't really know what to make of the girl...I don't know why I felt mildly irritated by her, all I know is that it felt like we knew each other, like we were friends or acquaintances or something. As for the bridge...good question! I have no idea. Next time I'm in the Catskills I'll have...
  32. S

Workplace 'Ghost'

I also get the feeling sometimes that some posts may be writing just for the sake of writing and receiving comments, but then again, I'm sure a lot of people could easily think this very thing about the only post I've ever made a couple weeks back. I was a writing major in college and took a...
  33. S

Wow, I'm so glad I came back to check up on this post - I didn't think anyone would really even read it! It's so interesting to hear all of your responses and experiences. I talked to my mom about whether I had ever been there before, and she replied it was possible, but couldn't remember for...
  34. S

Thanks for reading! I didn't realize how terribly long my post was until I opened it after submission. You must be very patient! :p
  35. S

So, a little bit of background - I'm an everyday 25 year old who works a boring job, reads a lot of books and drinks a lot of coffee. While a part of me believes in 'weirdness' or fortean-ish instances, I am mostly skeptical. I haven't had anything really strange ever happen to me that I didn't...
Back