• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

These Roads Lead... Where?

Reminds me of the story my Father used to tell about seeing a huge UFO go behind the moon - and I just thought he was barking!
  2. S

My second sighting

Though I can't recall a lantern ever appearing to be tumbling, no matter how windy it's been.
  3. S

Informal Survey Of Fortean Interests

1. UFO's/ USO's/ UAP's - a 2. Ghost/ Spirit - a 3. Possesion/ Poltergeist - a 4. Psychic abilities, Prognostication and Telekinesis - a 5. Cryptids - b 7. Cryptids with or accompanied by supernatural phenomena - b All scores above reflect interest, not particular beliefs/theories. 8...
  4. S

The Strange Case Of The Rattling Door

I remember a couple of years or so ago, I was just about to head up to bed around midnight and as I did so both doors to the living room started to rattle in their frames. Scared the bejeezus out of me! It lasted a few seconds and then stopped. The following morning I'd more or less forgotten...
  5. S

Giant Hands Grab my Father

Reminds me (somewhat loosely, admittedly) of something an old friend of our family's told us years ago. The chap concerned was a builder and was working on the spire of a church. One day as he was winding his way up the internal stairs he slipped and started to fall backwards. Suddenly he...
  6. S

Bunny circle

I've heard of cat and various bird circles, but rabbits? It's a new one on me.
  7. S

Things That Are NOT UFOs

Look like reflections in the window of something in the bus to me - possibly the handrail above a seat?
  8. S

Near-Death & Out-Of-Body Experiences

Excellent post; it's good to hear a medical professional's view of this absorbing phenomenon. I recently spent some time trawling through a forum for nurses (may even have been from a link on the FTMB), a good 80% of which reported similar experiences - very interesting and not as easily...
  9. S

FT290

Nope mine came yesterday too. It's a shame that most IHTM stories in the mag have been posted here before hand - to be expected though, I guess :(
  10. S

The Cumberland Spaceman

Good catch - except that in the Cumberland Spaceman photo it looks like it's on backwards :? Edit: The bottom flap also looks wider on the original photo.
  11. S

Invisible Smoker

Now that's interesting - and bizarre! If it'd got shorter - as a ciggie normally does - it may have been (sort of) explicable as a 'recording' of a past event (or at least a small part of a past event). These things seem to rarely (if ever) be dangerous - just freaky. I'd be seriously...
  12. S

Invisible Smoker

Hmmm, thinking about it, did you notice if the cigarette appeared to be getting shorter as it was smoked?
  13. S

Invisible Smoker

Phantom ciggie - love it! I don't think you need to be afraid of it - saying that I'd have shat myself too if it happened to me! If it happens again, try and nick it :lol:
  14. S

Derek Acorah Declares "Madeline McCann Is Dead"

In a short sentence - what a complete arse.
  15. S

FT289

Glad you didn't, it made my day :D
  16. S

FT289

:lol:
  17. S

What Is That Warm Feeling?

:lol: By religious context I meant setting, as in not in a church environment. I do like the sound of 'Saint Synchronous' though! 8)
  18. S

Nope, not experienced what you've described if it's an all over feeling. Spoke to my little brother about the warm chest feeling a few years back and he said he often felt it after he'd had a spliff! Read into that what you will :D
  19. S

Fortean Books: Suggestions & Recommendations

Ooooh! Where to start! "The Mothman Prophesies" and/or "Our Haunted Planet" by John A. Keel. Almost anything by D. Scott Rogo. William R. Corliss is well worth a look; while not writing about ghosts or UFOs, he's well worth searching for as his books are an excellent resource for...
  20. S

Hmm, interesting one. I've never had an all over cosy feeling but have many times felt the warmth in the chest - I suppose similar to the sensation described in the bible as the "burning in the bosom". It's never been in any religious context but usually connected to inter-personal situations.
  21. S

Voices in the house and other happenings

Hear hear! :yeay:
  22. S

FT287

Me too! Easy money :wink:
  23. S

Mite in my eye

*Raises hand sheepishly* No mites for me tho :(
  24. S

FT287

Um.... The sideline "Holey Moley!" on page 10.... I'm fairly sure that Mr Ingamells isn't 199 :lol:
  25. S

FT286

Lol aye; loved it.
  26. S

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

It's also on the BBC iplayer atm.
  27. S

Dinosaurs: New Findings & Theories

Is it just me, or is the tendency over the last few years for artists to whack feathers all over depictions of dinosaurs, with no fossil evidence of feathers for that particular species, a bit shit? (To put it bluntly).
  28. S

Mind Power - What Do People Think About This?

Just finished reading this - obtained a copy after you mentioned it. A very, VERY interesting read.
  29. S

FT286

I actually quite enjoyed this and am looking forward to part 2.
  30. S

Things That Are NOT UFOs

That really is piss-poor. Surprised they even bothered printing it :roll:
  31. S

Kingsgate Castle, Broadstairs: 'Ghost' Picture

Someone in a mac with the hood up, hands in pockets of the mac and a brolly under their arm, looking out to sea gets my vote.
  32. S

FT286

:lol: Doesn't bear thinking about!
  33. S

FT286

:?: People who believe the world was made from a crease? :wink:
  34. S

FT286

The article on Sheldrake and his latest book is an interesting read - sure to infuriate Dawkinists :lol:
  35. S

No, unfortunately. Sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up :)
  36. S

Not quite. Some Tulpa are allegedly capable of independent thought. The Tibetans maintain that they can be created either accidentally or by design. Those made by design can be designed to carry out a particular function, can apparently rebel against their makers on occasion, sometimes change...
  37. S

Meeting In Dreams Experiment

Had a dream that featured Stonehenge last night (admittedly I am re-reading The New View Over Atlantis ATM :D ) which involved a meeting with a grey-haired woman of around middle age. She was average height and build with shoulder-length wavy hair and we had a long conversation that I can...
  38. S

Jester-Type Figure & Strange Thing With The TV

No it wasn't, but its forerunner, The Late Late Breakfast Show was, which included the Hit Squad - a hidden camera section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late,_ ... kfast_Show
  39. S

Yes, I have the Leadbeater/Besant tome and I agree that it's a rather slanted and presumptuous read. A few hundred years ago, the idea that the earth was a sphere seemed 'stupid' to most :wink: John Keel hit on the possibility that some aspects of the UFO phenomenon displayed...
  40. S

Jester-Type Figure & Strange Thing With The TV

Noel's House Party :lol:
  41. S

Which theory may explain UFOs?

Hadn't read that interview before - thanks for that. I find his notion that 'something' is messing with humanity strangely compelling.
  42. S

I touched on this earlier today in a thread in elsewhere. The concept of Tulpas - or thought forms - is intriguing. "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by Alexandra David-Neel gives a fascinating first-hand account of the creation of a Tulpa, although she doesn't go into specifics about how she...
  43. S

Which theory may explain UFOs?

Another theory to explain the whole range of UFO phenomena is John Keel's ideas on ultra-terrestrials :wink:
  44. S

Which theory may explain ghosts?

I suspect that some of the phenomena called ghosts may be tulpa. Interestingly, if the concept of tulpas turns out to have a basis in fact they could explain many Fortean happenings.
  45. S

The Planet Venus

Apparently so :roll:
  46. S

The Planet Venus

Dunno if I've suddenly entered an alternative reality but I swear that when those pictures were released years ago, the object was explained as part of the lander that was supposed to drop off when it landed - according to the Soviet space agency who released them. Edit: Yup, my memory's not...
  47. S

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Good catch. Looks like the lights are right on the skyline to the left of the chimney of the house more or less in the centre of shot. Car lights or hoax gets my vote.
  48. S

Survivalist Fiction/TEOTWAWKI Stories?

Velikovsky came up with a lot of evidence for this (collision with a planetary body) happening more than once in prehistory in his 'Worlds in Collision', only he seems to think that Venus was the culprit. One particular piece of evidence that has always intrigued me is the 'flash freezing' of...
  49. S

Apogee Of Fear (Film): Suppressed By NASA?

International Space Station.
Back