• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Speed of Gravity

As I recall, Wickramasingh and Chandrasekhar were colleagues of Fred Hoyle who got so sick of the company of academics that he became a SF writer. However, I don't recall ever being agin' the privileged classes. It's just the academics that bother me, rich or poor. Fleischmann and Pons have...
  2. G

Speed of Gravity

Well, Tesla's alternator didn't take long to go on-line: I'll be glad to furnish you with some more when I have more time, but it seems that I have an uninvited guest in my computer. For some reason unknown they want to monitor and generally disrupt my surfing activities ? Can't imagine in my...
  3. G

Speed of Gravity

The first one is about using Turing's misfortune to bolster a myth by attributing computer work to him that he obviously had no part. I'm not saying that the myths of science are all the work of academics, but I don't often see them putting the record straight; something one would expect them to...
  4. G

Speed of Gravity

Do I really have to go over this again? :shock: Why do you find it so difficult to understand that if something is up and running in 1950 and not used until 2000, there is no development, it's just not in the shops?
  5. G

Speed of Gravity

What exactly are fringe subjects? You surely don't mean the things that science ignores? This is a Fortean forum and they are just the things we explore here. You say:"Assuming for the moment that the graviton exists it is directly analogous to the photon or the Higgs boson;" I find the...
  6. G

Speed of Gravity

The hard drive is a recordable magnetic disk no different to the disk described in the link, which is a recordable magnetic disk. My first computer used a tape deck identical to the ones that play music. A computer memory is only something magical within pages. As we have see above, Flowers...
  7. G

Speed of Gravity

I think, if you do some research, you will find that what Turing was doing at the time of the construction of Colossus, was totally different to what Flowers was doing. Flower's idea was rejected by the management, something Turing would have been aware of. But you are perfectly entitled to...
  8. G

Speed of Gravity

This part of the thread is about development and I feel that I must add that the popular conception of it has no connection with the reality. The items above were up-and-running, only needing minor engineering tweaks. As an engineer myself, I can assure the reader that any problems are...
  9. G

Speed of Gravity

How about a link for this? Something that gives us a peep into your own insight? "a mathematical concept which is very hard to grasp" sounds suspiciously like blinding with science. Not to mention that a "mathematical concept" is a theory in disguise? :)
  10. G

Speed of Gravity

As I said, the main problem is not development but the will to throw money at a production line. There are also classified secrets see below. Development is expensive and no one wants to do it. Magnetic recording seems to start with Oberlin Smith (1840 - 1926) of Cincinnati, Ohio, a mechanical...
  11. G

Speed of Gravity

I don't recall this thread ever mentioning anything about the propagation of light, I certainly didn't, but it's been so far afield that anything's possible. The cut and paste was for continuity, but basically it's about the electron and how I said it was a wave biting its tail - hence the...
  12. G

Speed of Gravity

Never, in all my years on the bench, have I seen a crime so fully deserving of the full penalty of the law. "Get thee to a nunnery, skank." :rofl:
  13. G

Speed of Gravity

Has the topic changed? Gravity by all accounts. That was so quick I hardly noticed. Is it only when I change the subject?...Ahhhh I've got it now. Onanism on the forum, what next? Was that apple seed he spilled? I'm confused now! A scientist using a biblical reference? "Oh god", oh shit...
  14. G

Speed of Gravity

Well well, I see that the claws are indeed well and truly out. On some forums calling me a w**ker would constitute an 'ad hom', but seemingly not here. The moderation is frightful in its absence. Dubio scientificus is a much more serious crime. Ratio est superius methodo scientifica...cogita...
  15. G

Speed of Gravity

I don't have a naked organist, but how about a nine inch pianist? DADAAAA. It must be hard to imagine when reading a textbook, that the atom is a perpetual motion machine. It's energy derived from the quantum foam just like the claims of alternate energy proponents. In fact the description of...
  16. G

Speed of Gravity

There you go, I've taken it out. Was it the mention of Fortean Times that caused such angst? The crowd on New Science are like Catholics in heaven - they like to think they're the only ones there. :D
  17. G

Speed of Gravity

Well, it's certainly not the ball bearing that so many graphics present, which give a false idea of the nature of the particle. Think of a wave that grabs its tail to form a circle and you may be coming close to a description. Remember, everything orbits in nature, but in this case it ain't...
  18. G

Speed of Gravity

I try not to evade anything as I intend to present my theory for peer review. :rofl: I don't blame Einstein per se. I blame the hubris that physicist and other scientists acquired after realising that they had something that no one else understood. (it later transpired that they didn't...
  19. G

Speed of Gravity

It's not as cut and dried as the quoted textbook version would suggest.
  20. G

Speed of Gravity

I thought that this may be of interest? - found it today. Russian Discovery Challenges Existence of ‘Absolute Time’ by Jonathan Tennenbaum http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/a ... /time.html Will look at the motor later, no time now.
  21. G

Speed of Gravity

Not mentioned is that it was originally thought of as a wave by many physicists: What this is in effect saying, is that the electron is neither a wave nor a particle. It's more likely to be a bundle of energy that displays the characteristics of both wave and particle...something not able to...
  22. G

Speed of Gravity

The next on my list of world-changing discoveries during the Golden Age is the polyphase induction motor invented by Nikola Tesla. There can be no doubt that without this invention, the electronic revolution could not have taken place. He also designed the distribution system, a complete power...
  23. G

Speed of Gravity

I've been looking for a website that explores electricity and its quirks, but I don't seem to be able to find any more. The guy first shows a conventional circuit, with an AC supply feeding the primary of a transformer. He then splits the transformer in two, with primary and secondary...
  24. G

Speed of Gravity

You would need to point to this as I can't remember it at all. I always reference the things I post, just as you asked me to. What is obvious from the above is that J.J.Thomson did not discover the electron. But, of course, it depends on how much history one can ignore for the sake of a science...
  25. G

Speed of Gravity

I find the above and rynner's demand for evidence quite intriguing. When I speak of new ideas I don't mean the development of existing technology, something like the digital video recorder, things inevitably destined to appear. We're looking for original ideas that changed the world forever...
  26. G

Speed of Gravity

I recall reading in Scientific American, years ago, how the scientists at such facilities are deeply troubled by the possibility of generating a singularity, a black hole that will swallow the earth. "Real scientist" who have nightmares about the ramifications of their work. Such insecurities...
  27. G

Speed of Gravity

I meant to answer your post on teleportation and quantum mechanics but got sidetracked by transistors. I was going to mention the incompatibility between GR and quantum physics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_gr ... relativity It seems to two can never be reconciled without the...
  28. G

Speed of Gravity

The point is that heroes are made of people like Shockley and the true history is suppressed. If you can tell us all why this is done then you will know why I bother to write these posts.
  29. G

Speed of Gravity

The Bell Telephone Laboratories copied Lilienfeld's patents and developed them in a very short time. They were lying around waiting for someone to throw money at them. My point is that they date back to pre 1930's, like so much else in our modern technology.
  30. G

Speed of Gravity

And here is what you have been waiting for...your famous LED. Another transistor: The revisionists and presentists would have us believe that Shockley et al invented the transistor, but cock deaf ear and a blind eye toward the true history. The motive is to create the illusion that modern...
  31. G

Speed of Gravity

All done without a theory: There was no theory that preceded the transistor, it was patched-on later. What this means is that when the first transistors arrived, quantum physics did not exist in any form recognisable today. It also coincided with the "Golden Age"(for rynner). It's somewhat...
  32. G

Speed of Gravity

Everyone was attempting to make a transistor in the thirties and forties and even earlier and I have records of several more successes. The large electronic companies were searching for technology, as they do today, to make a buck. This is not the only example of someone getting a Nobel for...
  33. G

Speed of Gravity

How many? I would guess that someone writing in a popular science mag' has said that it MAY be useful to banks and other financial services IN THE FUTURE. This is what passes for fact on this forum.
  34. G

Speed of Gravity

There is no firm conclusion given in the transcript as to what caused the problem , hence my phrase "for what it's worth". But above it's clearly stated that gravity (mascons) played a large part and it's admitted that there was scant knowledge. Aldrin seems surprised that they did so well at...
  35. G

Speed of Gravity

There was a golden age of discovery from the beginning of the 19th century to the first decades of the 20th. Such things as AC power and distribution, radio, television, aviation, semiconductors and transistors, radio astronomy and even such exotics as Terahertz waves, all had their debut in...
  36. G

Speed of Gravity

This is becoming ridiculous. First your argument was that it was not gravity that caused the landing positional error and then you admit that the Fix, to fix the error, was a gravity issue involving mascons. Now you are saying that: Let's bear all of this in mind and consider Apollo 12, that...
  37. G

Speed of Gravity

I'm quoting from the transcript as you know, and they 'were' navigating by landmarks. I don't see a problem with this apart from the omission of quote marks. This is exactly what they were doing according to the transcript and I simply paraphrased. It's interesting that you agree with my...
  38. G

Speed of Gravity

Technology is assumed to be a spin-off from physics and is often called application of physics. My argument is that most of today's technology is derived from ideas that originated before the 1930's. Since the 1930's there has been a marked drop in the number of new ideas that lead to new...
  39. G

Speed of Gravity

Why not try contributing...how about a cut and paste or even an opinion...wow? Go on, make you feel good to run with the pack rather than lurking.
  40. G

Speed of Gravity

Had you read any of the recent threads, you would have noticed that we did GPS, and no it isn't. I've covered this on my website page at http://www.n-atlantis.com/vanflandern.htm Search down to GPS. I wouldn't recommend that you start a thread as you will find no support from physics, I've...
  41. G

Speed of Gravity

I have tried to lead readers to the obvious conclusion that the instrument readings were in conflict with gravity calculations, but they don't seem to have the imagination to read between the lines? I was expecting someone to answer the question for themselves. I'll lay it out in words of few...
  42. G

Speed of Gravity

OK, let's try it your way? Let's suppose, for the sake of this exercise that NASA, unlike any other organisation or large company, do tell the truth about their mistakes and disasters? We will assume that the mass concentrations are the cause of probes and Apollo 11 being out of position...
  43. G

Speed of Gravity

I was not aware that it was a war, but if that's what you want? I was under the impression that these forums are for discussion. However in the case of New Science one is supposed to accept everything Scientific with a spoon-full of sugar. Not on your life.
  44. G

Speed of Gravity

Obviously someone who only reads his own posts. I answered the Apollo issue two posts above! Anyroadup, when they start critiquing my grammar I know I've rattled a cage or two. I recall posting something to the effect that an academic survey found Wiki to be no worse than any other...
  45. G

Speed of Gravity

This is also just about what I said in the last of my posts.
  46. G

Speed of Gravity

As usual, you are taking a sentence out of context and nit-picking something everyone else understands. Of course everything hits the ground on Earth is as a result of gravity, but the original cause is not due to dodgy gravity calculations. I already said that I will be examining the early...
Back