• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Moon Exploration: Manned Missions & Moon Bases

Hi, all I was wondering which country was most likely to next put a man on the moon when i came across this article which claims the Russians plan to have a permanantly crewed moon base by the year 2032. Fascinating stuff, to think that only 20 years from now a crewed stepping stone to Mars may...
  2. G

Weird Weather

Last night at 8.55pm approx a power outage struck a large section of Norfolk. I know for a fact that the power was out in Norwich and gorleston. I'm between those places - great Yarmouth - but I'm not sure how far south or west the outage struck. The power was off for just over an hour but...
  3. G

How Will The World End & Others

When our world does end and the sun explodes we will be long gone. Either extinct or relocated.
  4. G

The Walking Dead

I've read those books also. To be fair they weren't entirely without merit. Regarding the re-animator cat, this is clearly a case of resurrection through experimentation rather that a naturally spreading infection. I still think that the bulk of evidence would suggest that animals would be immune.
  5. G

The Lampshade Made Of Human Skin

Indeed, because the way the post in question reads at the moment is highly offensive.
  6. G

The Walking Dead

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER Regarding your question on animals becoming zombified. Interesting. In Day of the Dead there is a brief scene with a crocodile on some steps with some zombies taking no notice of it, wether this means that the animal was...
  7. G

I believe the nazis were capable and guilty of many atrocities. One of the reference books I used in my degree was called Nazi Germany A New History written by Klaus P Fischer. It has a detailed section on Nazi atrocities. Your claim that these crimes are an urban legend is actually quite...
  8. G

The Walking Dead

This was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. I love Romero's Dead films, apart from his latest effort Survival of the Dead which was decidedly lame, Night, Dawn and Day are amongst my most treasured horror movies, Land and Diary are pretty good also, but The Walking Dead out Romeroed Romero in the...
  9. G

Time Travel Suggested / Ascribed To Explain OOPArts & Other Odd Evidence

So, they are saying they've solved it with the words ear and trumpet... well i'm glad that is sorted.
  10. G

There was an article on this lampshade in Friday's Sun newspaper, of all things, with a large picture. If it is a relic from WWII nazi atrocities then it's very difficult to decide on what exactly to do with it. Burn it, bury it, put it on display... you know, lest we forget. It's very hard to...
  11. G

Asteroid Near-Misses (AKA: Holy Shit! We're All Going to Die)

yes, I watched that episode of Horizon. Excellent stuff. There is something incredibly fascinating about these huge rocks floating through space like deserted ships in an endless ocean. I was amazed by how accurately we are able to plot the courses and positions of these elephantine chondrites...
  12. G

I remember my father telling me about this terrible disaster when i was a child in the 70's during a family holiday to Wales. Awful... all those poor kids.
  13. G

Ouch!! Sorry, Coaly, to offend but not everyone has flogged the time travelling hipster to death. Although he had his own thread of which i was not aware i feel that discussing him here is hardly the wrong place either. Perhaps, Coaly, you are keen to mute this line of conversation because you...
  14. G

Oh, look! Here is another one. Let's play spot the time traveller.
  15. G

Sky Lounge

Here is a link to my bands new song. We are called Mechanism and the song is called Skylounge. It's about an out of body experience and I hope you like it. Please leave your comments positive or negative as I would really appreciate your opinions. Any comments left on the YOUTUBE site would...
  16. G

Knicker nickers

I'm embarressed that i was so naive. That guy is a terrible murdering pervert. I felt sick after a couple of those panty pictures. :oops:
  17. G

People You Thought Were Dead

He really is a fine actor, not in a Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart way but in an earthy, real kind of way. When Ernest does sinister or scheeming he's fantastic.
  18. G

Knicker nickers

Erm... what do these thieves actually do with all these knickers? I don't get it. Do they wear them? Why don't they just buy some knickers from M and S instead of stealing them... I just don't get it.
  19. G

People You Thought Were Dead

I was watching one of my most loved sci-fi movies last week, The Black Hole. I got to thinking about how much i enjoy Ernest Borgnine's performance in this and many other movies and how sad it was that he'd passed away in the mists of the early nineties. I googled it to find out how and when he...
  20. G

Mystery helicopter over London 23/9/10 btwn 0000 & 0100h

I would imagine the helicopter was laying chem trails in order to alter weather conditions.
  21. G

A Weird Test In School (UK, 1981)

Ah, yes, thank you for correcting my errors. I've never actually seen The War Game but I have seen some clips in a documentory, I will have to watch the whole thing to be sure but i'd bet The War Game is not as harrowing as Threads. Threads was one of only two films that I saw as a (too young)...
  22. G

A Weird Test In School (UK, 1981)

Can anyone remember Threads. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/ This was one harrowing movie, british made but banned by the BBC. Harrowing and compelling in equal measures.
  23. G

Indrid Cold

Isn't it really bad form to enter the name Indrid Cold into the digital domain... oh, crud!!!!
  24. G

Strange Noises In Glen Nevis Scotland

This is quite so. Also cats can sound very unnerving at night when they are in season outside your bedroom window screaming like babies or young children... this is surely the source of the noise. http://www.freepolyringtones.co.uk/truetones/animal.htm choose "cat screech" from the list on...
  25. G

Spectral Show

How the hell does mercury arc rectification actually work?
  26. G

Spectral Show

well the one i saw had been long in disuse, but it was still a sight to behold... very T.A.R.D.I.S
  27. G

Haunted Or Cursed Films?

I believe it is an unfortunate fact of life that celebrity death is big, big business. It sells magazines, it creates "Best of" Dvd's and Cd's that sell, sell and sell some more. It makes for sensationalist news reports watched by millions, it makes fantastically morbid "His/Her" last hours/last...
  28. G

Haunted Or Cursed Films?

I believe that the girl from the Poltergeist movies died from an unknown disease... I wonder how many diseases are in the world that are still unknown, mmmmm
  29. G

Cats That Look Like Hitler

LOL...Awesome!!!
  30. G

Haunted Or Cursed Films?

I'm currently watching the third movie in the Matrix trilogy on ITV. Earlier on today during a bout of gaming over Xbox live I mentioned to a fellow gamer that I considered the 1st movie in the trilogy infinitely superior to the others. This fellow gamer happened to be a bit of a Matrix fanatic...
  31. G

Angry Woman On Shortwave Radio (Early 1980s)

Indeed. Thank you for the heads up, but I already have contingency plans for that eventuality... i'm gonna reverse it. :) I'm also gonna put some EVP samples in the piece.
  32. G

Angry Woman On Shortwave Radio (Early 1980s)

Well i'm certain it's a human voice, probably female and probably arabic in origin, but whatever, it sounds fantastic and is just the kind of sound I was looking for in an atmospheric piece of music i'm writing for television. If i'm lucky you may hear that chatter on a TV commercial very soon...
  33. G

Spectral Show

That picture certainly looks like what was in that room, and the dates hold out with the newspapers that were in there too - I wish i'd kept some of them. I always thought it looked like something out of Dr Who's Tardis, my memory may have been clouded somewhat in thinking it was a heating...
  34. G

Spectral Show

Well if anyone can shed any info on the Mercury Ball heating system it may or may not provide some info on dating the time slip.
  35. G

Spectral Show

As far as i'm aware they were gas lamps, at least that's what everyone always refered to them as. I'm reasonably certain they were not oil lamps... however on a not entirely unrelated note, a secret room hidden in one of the frontal towers of the theatre was discovered and opened when the place...
  36. G

FT252

I'm afraid Mr Mendoza is not me. Unless there is more than one personality in here, mutually oblivious to each other, my girlfriend and children... so yeah, I suppose technically possible.
  37. G

Anyone else worried about swine flu?

who would have thought that the cure for swine flu would have been MP's expense claims :roll:
  38. G

Spectral Show

Hypnosis has been attempted on me twice before. Once in a seaside show and once by a professional Hypnotist and neither attempt was successful. Apparently you have to want to be hypnotised... :? whatever that means, I certainly had an open mind to it but it didn't work. I would love to be...
  39. G

Spectral Show

Oh, I don't know. With the way the postal service can be these days there is actually quite a lot of envelope aging going on. :)
  40. G

I think it's starting to die down in the news already.
  41. G

Something Passing By My Window

Maybe one of those Dover Demon things. What was the one that left those footprints in the snow?
  42. G

FT252

well, I think that the Hoax pt3 article was informative, interesting and extremely well written. Sorry. :oops:
  43. G

So far inexplicable beeping, help?

Indeed. I love gadgets and have bought tons of them over the years, most of them beep. Both my kids have loads of toys and games that beep, chipper and whirr at random intervals. Now its the school holidays my house sound like a damm amusement arcade.
  44. G

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It's said that telepathic ability is more prevalent in children, isn't it?
  45. G

erm... so we are all going to die then?
  46. G

Thanks for that, Layla. I know you are right. :D
  47. G

Spectral Show

I actually believe that this story took place in my home town. I've heared it before and I believe it was my mum that told me it when I was a kid. We have the "Rows" in my town which you may or may not have heared of. They are basically really narrow alleys that used to be lined with dwellings...
  48. G

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/latest/200 ... -21517067/ I was feeling better... then this appears. My daughter is 6 and now im panicking all over again.... :cry:
  49. G

Spectral Show

That's a good one , Tilly. A more conventional ghost tale as compared to my timeslip, but a good spooky story none-the-less. Has anyone got any good timeslip stories?
  50. G

:D Thank you, Ark. That was a very reasoned, sensible reply. It makes me feel better. :D
Back