• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Mr. Banooka

The Battersea Poltergeist

I've just finished listening to this and all through it my gut tells me it was the older brother causing most of the disruption in some way. However, I do then think that the 'fame' and attention went to Shirley's head and she ran with it; Faking the letters etc.
  2. Mr. Banooka

The Optical Illusions Thread

I counted 5 hands - LOL Also, is the girl on the left packing heat?
  3. Mr. Banooka

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Do you not get this? If not, it could be a browser issue.
  4. Mr. Banooka

Science Fiction: Films & TV

I've just finished Constellation on Apple TV+ this lunchtime. We really need Season 2 as soon as possible. I really enjoyed this, was right up my alley. I finally convinced my wife to watch the OA with me, it's so much better on second viewing, I missed so much first time round. I don't know...
  5. Mr. Banooka

I loved the books and found them very disturbing. It was months before I could shake off thinking about them all the time. I found them very Lovecraftian. I believe that the film-maker deliberately only read the first book before making the film and changing the ending so it worked as a...
  6. Mr. Banooka

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

I've just finished Danny's book and found it a great read. Some really good stories. I'm still on the skeptical side of things, but there were some very compelling accounts. I did get a bit concerned when he was discussing the Zigmund Adamski case as I thought he was going to fully link it with...
  7. Mr. Banooka

Purple Aki

I was terrified of him as a child in the late 70's early 80's. We'd hear that he had been spotted in the area, so would make sure we stayed in groups when we were playing. Fortunately, I never saw him myself.
  8. Mr. Banooka

The Most Mysterious Song In The World

I have sometimes wondered if it is a hoax and someone is playing the long game.
  9. Mr. Banooka

Fortean Podcasts

This is the link on Pocket Casts https://pca.st/podcast/e188afd0-1bdc-013b-05d4-0acc26574db2
  10. Mr. Banooka

Fortean Podcasts

I've been listening to the Mr Ballen Podcast on Amazon Music (Unfortunately it's sat behind that paywall, but if you have an Amazon Prime subscription you will be able to access it); There are loads more stories he hasn't covered on his YouTube channel. There's also his spin off podcast, Mr...
  11. Mr. Banooka

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): Compendium Thread

I was advised to take the Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) Test. https://psychology-tools.com/ Scored 35 out of 50 - it explains a lot!
  12. Mr. Banooka

"JUST COMING!!!!!"
  13. Mr. Banooka

I listened to the Christmas 2023 episode of the Adam Buxton podcast yesterday. As usual for the Christmas episode Joe Cornish was his guest. To be fair, it was really a live version of the 6Music Adam and Joe podcast from back in the day. One of the running jokes is that Joe is jealous of...
  14. Mr. Banooka

The Most Mysterious Song In The World

Ophelia's Dream Back in 2008 when I got married in Vegas, my wife and I went up to Fremont Street and watched the massive video screen light show that runs the entire length of the street. The light show that was playing was called Ophelia's Dream. When I got back from my honeymoon I wanted to...
  15. Mr. Banooka

Just to add more detail. There are extensive records of the events that were taking place around the time the ladies visited. For their book they did extensive research and found that there were no events on the day they visited. Doesn't mean someone didn't stay in character though.
  16. Mr. Banooka

That was one of the suggestions.
  17. Mr. Banooka

Astonishing Legends have just done a 2-parter on the Versailles incident. I'm about 1/2 way through episode 2 at the moment. https://astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2024/01/13/ep-275-the-ghosts-of-versailles-part-1...
  18. Mr. Banooka

Have just finished Season 2 of Quantum Leap. I am loving this show; such a worthy continuation of the story. Final episode was very touching as Al's daughter is explaining to Addison and Ian how Sam changed the timeline so that Beth waited for Al. We also got to see, for reasons, Addison have to...
  19. Mr. Banooka

Terry Pratchett

Interestingly, Michael Sheen is an excellent narrator of audiobooks as well. His work on Philip Pullman's follow-up to His Dark Materials; La Belle Savage and The Secret Commonwealth is amazing.
  20. Mr. Banooka

The Scottish A70 UFO & Alleged Abductions Of Gary Wood & Colin Wright

I found the production company from the film directory website on Companies House. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07603659 Looks like it was dissolved in 2013. Edit: The domain still exists and expires on 27th March this year...
  21. Mr. Banooka

Nothing stands up to scrutiny does it.
  22. Mr. Banooka

It says here that it is complete. http://film-directory.britishcouncil.org/a70 Maybe they couldn't find a distributor. I wonder if it was shown at Sundance? I'll dive down the rabbit hole.
  23. Mr. Banooka

I worked with a bloke from Roslin a few years back, who was best friends with one of the two guys involved in the incident. Sadly Mike is no longer with us as he died on holiday in Thailand, so I can't badger him for more information. I am pretty sure that the friend he was on holiday with was...
  24. Mr. Banooka

Where Does It Come From? Origins Of Phrases & Expressions

Where I come from we use 'borked' to mean broken as well.
  25. Mr. Banooka

A Small Round Ball Of Rock

Looks like one of the small ships railing canon balls like they have found on Oak Island.
  26. Mr. Banooka

Hollywood's Pointless Remakes, Reboots, Prequels & Sequels

What!? Surely that was the point of FT. To highlight how abusive Basil is in a comedic manner. Still just goes to show how subjective comedy is. ;0)
  27. Mr. Banooka

Amelia Earhart

I've not seen any mention of Bill Snaveley's search recently. This almost has me convinced. https://astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2023/11/25/ep-271-amelia-earhart-decoy-for-a-spy-plane
  28. Mr. Banooka

Amelia Earhart

Personally, I think that it is more likely that Bill Snavely has found her plane. https://astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2023/11/25/ep-271-amelia-earhart-decoy-for-a-spy-plane
  29. Mr. Banooka

Taxidermy: Badly Done; Funny; Bizarre; Etc.

Check on the headboard in this clip from Count Arthur Strong!
  30. Mr. Banooka

Oak Island Money Pit

Here's a link to what Muon Tomography is. It has been used in Egypt recently to scan the Great Pyramid. It is the technology that discovered the massive void over the Grand Gallery. The same tech has been used on Oak Island to scan the money pit area. Personally all I think it has found are...
  31. Mr. Banooka

Oak Island Money Pit

They did. They've also had a muon scan done that has shown more detail.
  32. Mr. Banooka

Star Trek

The adventures of Captain Seven, Raffi, Sidney La Forge and Jack Crusher onboard the Enterprise G has me giddy with anticipation.
  33. Mr. Banooka

Star Trek

Looks like 'Legacy" is a done deal.
  34. Mr. Banooka

The Mysterious Case Of Elisa Lam

Why can't they just leave the poor girl alone. This makes me really uncomfortable.
  35. Mr. Banooka

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Russel T Davies misdirection?
  36. Mr. Banooka

Things That Are NOT UFOs

Came across this on Reddit this morning. It's zoomed in 100x. The poster thinks it may be a drone or helicopter and isn't claiming anything woo. Personally I have no idea. https://www.reddit.com/r/harrogate/s/HveyxTtJPh
  37. Mr. Banooka

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

I loved the Odd Thomas novels; think it's time to get them on Audible. I enjoyed the movie for what it was, It had huge potential but didn't quite hit the mark for me. Anton Yeltsin (R.I.P.) was a great choice for Odd, but the girl they cast as Stormy was terrible. Incredibly easy on the eye...
  38. Mr. Banooka

An Audible subscription is your answer. I found I had stopped reading due to life getting in the way. It really bothered me, so I took an Audible trial and haven't looked back. Once you have selected a book, it is yours forever as well. Some of the narrations have been a bit off, but with...
  39. Mr. Banooka

I've also just finished 'Big Dark Sky' by Dean Koontz. It was a blast! Very much like his other novels, full of cliches, pulpy and entertaining, without getting too deep. I also think it's the first book I've read of his that doesn't have a dog in it! From Google Books: "A group of strangers...
  40. Mr. Banooka

I listened to the audiobook; That's how I tend to get to read now, when I am on car journeys, home life is just too busy; I thought it worked really well, although, like you said, it isn't particularly original. I believe that it has already been optioned for a TV series. I am currently...
  41. Mr. Banooka

My dad used the word 'borking' for crying.
  42. Mr. Banooka

Yep. Introduced the kids to them when they were younger. It brought back loads of memories. Could remember loads of the words as well.
  43. Mr. Banooka

Star Trek

The sad thing is, that in isolation, the episode was done very well and was enjoyable. Christina Chong has a hell of a set of pipes! The problem for me is that it was tonally off from the rest of Star Trek. It was a bold experiment, but for me it didn't fully land. Overall though, as I said, in...
  44. Mr. Banooka

I used to have one of these when I was in Junior school back in the late 70s. We used to turn them upside down with our feet in the zipped up hood and have hopping races across the playground. It must have drove my mum bonkers having to keep cleaning it.
  45. Mr. Banooka

Yep - where I am from (Leigh, Lancashire) 'parky' means cold. For example "Bloody hell, it's a bit parky out". A term I hadn't heard until I met my wife, who is from just 10 miles down the road in Warrington, is 'Nesh'. Meaning someone who is always cold. As in "Make sure you turn the heating...
  46. Mr. Banooka

Archaeological Finds On The Roman Frontiers

Just been watching about this on Digging for Britain. I commented that they are likely going to have to rehouse the cricket club now. The kids now want to visit Hadrian's Wall after watching the episode. Glad that they are showing interest in History.
  47. Mr. Banooka

Local & Dialect Words

Was literally about to post this same video, but thought I'd better double check first. Fascinating!
  48. Mr. Banooka

Oak Island Money Pit

Yeah - we've pretty much given up on them finding any significant treasure. I think it was found by McGuinness, Samual Ball, et al when the pit was first discovered. I'm in it for the mystery now - what the hell was going on, on that island? The archaeology has been the most interesting part...
  49. Mr. Banooka

The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

I'm not sure if I have told this story elsewhere on the board, but on the off chance I haven't, here goes... In 2006 I was on holiday with my now wife and her parents. We were in Orlando Florida and were visiting the Florida Mall on Sandlake Road. We had lunch in the food court and I needed to...
  50. Mr. Banooka

Oak Island Money Pit

I've often wondered about that, is he not allowed to dig the holes, or is just so he has someone else with him to be on camera. The big change over the last couple of years is that Gary now plots where he gets hits and these are logged before they are dug. To me this is ensuring that the finds...
Back