• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Draheste

The Three Knocks

I had a strange experience with knocks, maybe 10 years ago. It happened during the night, in the bedroom, waking my husband and me. They were repetitive knocks which stopped and started again, emanating from the floorboards below the radiator. We were working the day after and I just put my...
  2. Draheste

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Hygiene... With sanitizing stuff everywhere for nearly 18 months, it is covered. As For Hyenas... If some more coincidences happen, I'll post them.
  3. Draheste

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This morning, while my husband was driving me to the bus terminus, I was thinking about Jurassic Parc films, lions and then Hyenas, which as a kid with my sister, we nicknamed Hygienes. (it rhyme in French: Hyène/Hygiène) I buy my tickets electronically and on activating them, there is always a...
  4. Draheste

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

I don't. I did it for work, before being vaccinated, back in February-Mars and once in April. I had the second jab more than 3 weeks ago.
  5. Draheste

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I often dream I'm in a bus or a coach, with my sister and a load of luggage, I'm scared to forget or to lose. Or I fear we are going to miss our stop, with all of the stuff we're dragging. I haven't seen my sister since end December 2019. My husband dreams of spaceships or airplanes. He loves...
  6. Draheste

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

At the moment, what is scaring me to bits: doing a lateral flow test for covid. The painful process of taking samples out of my long ago removed tonsils and deeply into my nose is bad enough. The worst: Waiting for the result and then thinking I can see a non-existent second pink line under the...
  7. Draheste

What Was Your First Interest In Fortean Topics?

In the 70's, in France, I was interested by UFOs, via the Invaders series, which were quite terrifying for children under 10. At age 5, I watched War of the Worlds and absolutely wanted to see 'Martians'. There was also a vague of UFOs in the South West, where I lived around that time. In the...
  8. Draheste

The Luck Of The Devil

When I was 7, in the mid 70's we stayed for a month at a kid's holiday camp, on the sea side and with my older sister. After lunch in the canteen, a kiosk outside was selling ice creams at a cheap price. Around it, the ground was covered in sand. After a week or so, I spent all of my pocket...
  9. Draheste

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

In that same O'Connell street, I remember also seeing a horse and carriage in the middle of rather heavy traffic and it was not a touristy one. In a street, in a suburb, I saw a car passing which had no headlights, bumper or even number plates. I was quite baffled how the driver of this vehicle...
  10. Draheste

I remember, when I went to Dublin as a girl au-pair for a month in July 1990, aged 22, seeing the Dancing Lady. https://www.thejournal.ie/mary-dunne-dancer-oconnell-street-1304222-Feb2014/ I came from from a South Western city in France and never saw someone dancing in the streets of a city...
  11. Draheste

Yesterday, I dreamt that all the disorganised students, which were in greater number before the pandemic came all at once (about a dozen) at the library where I'm working and before closing time, not wearing masks. Then I woke up, fell asleep again and dreamt something more interesting...
  12. Draheste

I received the current FT on a Saturday, but started to read it a bit later. Looking quickly at it, I read a sentence on dreaming about surgical masks. The night after, I had one of those dreams where no one was wearing masks in buses and I was annoyed and fearful about it. In seven or eight...
  13. Draheste

Chickens (Miscellaneous; Compendium)

Thanks. That is an advice I have to bear in mind next time I visit the island..
  14. Draheste

Cthulhu would be chicken feed for that lot!
  15. Draheste

Mmm 100 chickens... Do they crossed the road or not, that is the question?
  16. Draheste

Here are the pictures of the chickens and the stone circle.
  17. Draheste

In the Isle of man, there is a small colony of feral chickens near a stone circle. I couldn't find the name of the circle. It is in the mountains, inland in a quiet road. The chickens are rather tame, as they approached our car as if they expected us to give them some food. The cockerels seemed...
  18. Draheste

Sudden Language / Accent Acquisition (Xenoglossy; Foreign Accent Syndrome)

Does she still speak French 'fluently' ? And how fluent was she? Where the nurses French or student of french? Being French myself, I would have liked to meet her, talk to her and judge for myself how good her accent was. It would have been really interesting to hear if she had a regional french...
  19. Draheste

Strange Things As Food & Drink

One of my mum's cousins, in SW France, used to hunt and eat coypus. He had a special technique to trap and skin them. My parents were mildly interested to taste it, but the opportunity never came. That cousin said that Coypus (Nutrias) tasted a bit like pine resin.
  20. Draheste

Fortean Headlines

I heard from members of my family who were living in rural South West France, about someone feeding a baby to a pig they had in a pigsty in their small farm. The woman who had the baby, according to our sources, was a bit dissolute and mentally ill. She went to prison. Gruesome to the extreme...
  21. Draheste

Simulacra

If only...
  22. Draheste

Simulacra

At first, I thought it was a TRex destroying a drone! Surreal!
  23. Draheste

April Fools' Day

If only! Well, Spain's government would be pi...d off!
  24. Draheste

Biometric Bilocation

Mmmm... That is a good suggestion but no, it is the same guy as when he left, I can tell you. I was thinking more in the realm of a parallel universe similar to ours and in there, his bad cough became worse, he collapsed and was transported to the hospital, instead of boarding his flight, like...
  25. Draheste

Phantom Flusher Drives Out OAP

Good suggestion, but it was before I started writing on my computer. It was quite puzzling, anyway.
  26. Draheste

Simulacra

Or, the Cosmic Joker in all its wicked glory!
  27. Draheste

Phantom Flusher Drives Out OAP

I think loneliness is also a factor. Once, in my early twenties, I was coming back from a trip to Amsterdam. In the train to Paris, I sat next to a lady which was a Jehovah witness and also was persuaded that she had the devil after her, describing how it was disturbing her house and life. I...
  28. Draheste

Biometric Bilocation

I had a friend at school which had blue eyes as a child and greenish-grey as a teen. The eyes are also often a reflexion of our state of health.
  29. Draheste

Dreamed Of Places That You Have Never Been To Or Seen That Are Real

Quite astonishing. It looks like a memory of the future. Anthony Peake explained that type of Deja vu, in his books 'Is there life after death', the Daemon, etc... I once dreamed of some type of terrace with trees, overlooking a seascape. A year or so later, I went to spain in a camping with my...
  30. Draheste

Biometric Bilocation

My husband, last week, was in the Middle-East for business, a very rare occurence. He was to fly from Dubai to London at around 11.00pm, yesterday. I checked where he was on the google tracker map, at around 10.30, just before going to bed, for a bit of reading before sleep. At midnight, ready...
  31. Draheste

A Couple Of Odd Childhood Memories

Good evening all, I remember, aged 6 or 7, living with my parents and sibling, in the warden house of a town mansion, with a large parc, tennis court and swimming pool. My parents had the house rent free at the condition they took care of the veg gardens, and sweeping leaves etc.. and also, to...
  32. Draheste

Strange Strangers

Must be Vindaloo Brussel's sprouts!
  33. Draheste

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

However, I just saw that on the paper this morning. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/25/police-investigate-human-bone-found-in-primark-socks-colchester in a sock! Even weirder!
  34. Draheste

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

As expensive at it is ugly! Must be a an error in the price! 13,90 euros more like.
  35. Draheste

You Look Just Like...

I've been told recently that, when younger, I looked a bit like Sabine Azema, a French actress, when also young. https://static1.puretrend.com/articles/3/85/91/3/@/984017-rt-580x0-2.jpg Not very widely known abroad, I know... By the way, Jepra Peld, are you from the Isle of Man? Bailley...
  36. Draheste

I remember seeing back in the late 80's in Bordeaux, at one of the big boulangerie-pâtisseries of the city and at its closing time, Gipsy women queuing up, as the staff were giving bread or pastries away. Very territorial, they chased a homeless man more or less sober, away from their 'patch'.
  37. Draheste

Self-cannibalism?
  38. Draheste

Sentinelese Tribe Kills Foolhardy Christian Missionary

That film is worth its weight in cheese! So bad it's good!
  39. Draheste

Old Dreams

Once, while still living in France, I had an incredible dream of time and space travelling. I remember being in some type of lift which was shaking and then stepping out of it and being in a strange and interesting place. Then, I wanted to come back but the box wasn't shaking and I stayed there...
  40. Draheste

You Look Just Like...

My colleague was lively and rebellious, always arguing with the boss and also quite pretty. It was her who pointed the ressemblance to me. Having immigrated to the UK in 1994, I didn't know Veronica Lake, like I would know, say, Michelle Morgan or Jeanne Moreau.
  41. Draheste

Night Of The Androids

Black Eyed Kid, maybe?
  42. Draheste

Old Dreams

I had those dreams from teenage years and still got them, from time to time and I'm 50. That's strange how you write or talk about the dreams and that make them stop. So, I'm might not have those dreams anymore, since I told you about it.:)
  43. Draheste

Old Dreams

I didn't know that or forget that fact about JRR Tolkien. Interesting.
  44. Draheste

Old Dreams

It's the same for me. I never drown or anything. Just scary, really.
  45. Draheste

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Excellent job! Love the new forum. Brilliant and thanks a million!
  46. Draheste

You Look Just Like...

I had a colleague, now retired, which in her youth looked just like Veronica Lake, with long blond hair. There was still some resemblance left as she aged, my colleague, rather well.
  47. Draheste

Old Dreams

Back sometimes in 2014, I dreamed I was an Atlantean 13 years girl appearing in the jungle of Borneo. I walked to a white road, when a car approached, I didn't bulge, not knowing what it was and the car stopped. In my mind, I was the one who made it stopped, because I had 'magical' powers or had...
  48. Draheste

In the 1980's, they presented, Temps X, a SF program on Saturday afternoon on national French TV I liked watching. They talked about books, film, Science, both dressed in foil-like suits. They were younger and good looking, then...
  49. Draheste

Weird Conversations & Interactions Involving Mistaken Identity

That reminds me when one of my aunties' mother died. I was about 15. At the time, we were living in the same suburbs and auntie Pierrette parents were elderly and had came to live with her and my uncle Guy, my Dad's elder brother. The old lady was very sick and one day, we received a phone call...
  50. Draheste

They Were Scared Of THAT? Supposed Reactions of Early Audiences

I watched it twice. Once with my husband. I was very scared. He wasn't. His idea of scary is the Omen. The second time, with my sister. Equally scared, she was even more. Zombies films are scary, they always give me nightmares for a few nights.
Back