• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

The BBC & Television Licensing Propaganda

Curious feeling that I replied to this years ago, but I'm just too lazy to go find out. Anyway, what I've always pondered is whether I, or any other licence fee owner, have any legal case against the BBC selling DVDs and merchandise for their shows. I'll explain a little more as that just...
  2. T

Help Finding a Story

Afternoon Pietro, thanks for the reply. No, this wasn't anything to do with those ULs. This was more of a recounted tale rather than an urban legend; it didn't have the following or notoriety for an urban legend. It had more of an "Here's something interesting I heard....." quality. The...
  3. T

Help Finding a Story

Morning. I used to be a member of these boards, many moons ago, and thought that it's current members might be able to help me with a small problem I have. (I decided to put it here as it's just a general query). Years ago I remember reading a story about a guy who, whilst walking along...
  4. T

Fruit & Vegetable Concern

There are countless conspiracy theories regarding food additives and their effects on us; Flouride in water, Aspartame etc that are suggested on various sites around the net. Each story that appears shouts that we should stop eating everything that contains the additive in question due to the...
  5. T

Weird Personal Names

There's a guy I used to know in the sales dept. of my former job called Michael Hunt who, believe it or not, actually calls himself Mike. When I worked for the railway, we regularly had contact with someone who's hyphenated surname was Gotobed-Williams. And in my current job, which is...
  6. T

The 'Follow-Up' Thread.

This sort of reporting is worst with medical breakthroughs or scientific discoveries. There's the initial media frenzy over the newest technique or vaccine, or procedure. Then it vanishes without trace. Anyone remember that mouse with an ear on it's back, which was hailed as a possible...
  7. T

The Gaia Hypothesis

I like the idea of the Gaia principle myself. As far as I can see it comes down to what we perceive as life. Plants, as far as any child on this planet will tell you, are alive. How do we know? Because they grow. They get bigger if their own accord (to be as simply as I can be). We, as a...
  8. T

Postcard From The Past

My mum got one of those books thats visual history of your town in black and white photos a couple of years ago. She took it to work, and her assistant looked at one of the photos, which showed a long line of people queueing for the cinema in the 50's. The person waving at the camera, was my...
  9. T

Paradoxes

Anyone mention the Racetrack (or Dichotomy) paradox. This one always screws my head up.
  10. T

The Myth of Dreams

Going back to a point made earlier in this thread, about the theory that dreams are experienced in the few minutes before waking (if I read correctly), it got me thinking about the phenomenon of 'Near Death Experience (NDE)'. For me, this phenomenon, as intriguing as it is, always had one...
  11. T

Conspiracy: World leaders with halos

I saw a picture of Mr Blair recently with a similiar thing above his head, although IIRC it was red. Can't remember where I saw it though.
  12. T

John Titor: Time Traveler?

It makes for interesting reading, if nothing else. Although, I did notice that there were a few mentions of CJD or mad cow disease, which is now at the forefront of American food problems. The problem I have with it is that it is VERY American. I haven't read all of it, but Europe gets ONE...
  13. T

The Subjective Nature Of Reality

I've wondered this for ages. When I was a kid I wondered if there were other colours that we couldn't see yet, and what these colours would look like. My brain slowly melted, as it is apt to do when you are 8yrs old and trying to imagine a never-before-seen colour. Incidently, my Gran has...
  14. T

Pat Robertson: God told him it's Bush in a 'blowout'

The fact that George Dubya ThunderBush will win is a given, but I think his Constitutional Lynch Mob.....sorry Political Party, will attempt to make it look like he scraped through by the skin of his reptoid fangs, by only a few hundred votes.
  15. T

The BBC & Television Licensing Propaganda

My first post of 2004 :) I also hate the TV licence, and think that the BBC should take on advertising to fund it. There programming leaves a lot to be desired and it can't be made worse by advertising. They show TV programmes like Buffy at completely inappropriate times so that much of...
  16. T

Alien Spacecraft Crashes Solved

I've come up with a theory about why spacecraft that travel light years across the universe, arrive on our little planet.......and then crash. It's fairly simple really. There are claims that reverse-engineered technology from spacecraft has become part of our everyday lives; the transistor...
  17. T

Strange Talents: Jumping / Leaping Abilities & Stunts

OK guys, the thread on the flying man, triggered a memory that I can locate no correlating information for on the net. I've seen on these boards, a reference to a large yellow paperback books of Fantastic Facts, of which I used to have a copy. It was filled with all sorts of things; from...
  18. T

Deadly Toys

I'm waiting for the day, when a child gets injured by a pencil whilst at school, and theres an outcry from parents, or a lawsuit or something, and pens, pencils, anything with a pointy end gets banned from schools. Believe me, it'll happen. Any toy has the potential to injure, if misused...
  19. T

california fires and terrorism

Diversionary Tactics and Coincidences How did the fires that are raging through America (Souther California?) get started? The timing of the fire, seems a little too convenient for the Governement if you ask me. I'm not trying to make light of the destruction and chaos this fire is...
  20. T

Derren Brown: Master Mind-Manipulator

I had to reply to this, as I really like Derren Brown. Whether the Russian Roullette thing was fake or not, it still created a damn good piece of television. A whole lot better than, 'man sits in glass box for a month or so'. I'm not saying that Derren is an all seeing all knowing...
  21. T

Mormons

What I find amusing about religious debate/conversation is when people take offence at what others are saying about their religion/belief system, calmly point out that being nasty/offensive/rude wasn't necessary, and then make just as rude comments about others. My example being...
  22. T

Just To Remind You (1963)

In 1963 I was -14yrs old, and my dad was 3, just to make you feel older. It better not be a really cold winter. We don't have central heating in our house, and we already have to don furry boots, and duffel coats, just to reach the kitchen without falling prey to hyperthermia. I won't be...
  23. T

Dangerous Roads

I live in *whispers* Lincolnshire and I was under the impression that our county had the worst roads in Britain. Not that I'm proud you understand, I'm simply curious. There are regularly roadside tributes and bunches of flowers, at the scene of some accident or other. The A15, A17 or A46...
  24. T

The Music Box

Cheer's Escargot, I'll mention it to my mum, she's going up to fetch my Gran later on this week, I'll mention it to her.
  25. T

Fat Lesbians

IMO the problem is that too much emphasise is placed on body size, and not enough is placed on exercise (that rhymes). We are constantly bombarded with TV commercials for products to help us (although mainly women) to lose weight, when the most important point is that people come in all...
  26. T

The Music Box

My mum told me this on Sunday night (14 Sept), and her cousin Sean told her the story the week before. And I thought I'd share it with you. Sean's boyfriend's mum had a bad fall in the street and badly broke her arm and shoulder. She was taken to hospital, and it took a while to fix her up...
  27. T

Reincarnation? Recalling Past Lives (From Memory; In Dreams)

I was reminded of something yesterday by my mum, and thought I'd share it with you on this thread. My cousin, now 12, used to talk about her 'other' mummy and daddy, when she was about 3. Whenever she was told not to do something, she would say something like "My other mummy and daddy used to...
  28. T

The SCOLE Experiment

I only very recently discovered the Scole Experiment (recently being yesterday, 21 August 2003). I don't have much to add to the arguement really, other than to say that personally, I believe it. So add me to the 'believers' side of the fence. :) I don't need to see a truckload of...
  29. T

My house is haunted

Morning people. I promised that I'd bring an end to this thread, and so I shall. Unfortunately the end is not as spooky as I would like it to be, in fact it's as none spooky as you can get. It is, however, interesting. As you may remember, the noise was quiet and shuffling, like one foot...
  30. T

From 'Ginger' to SEGWAY

Segway, Not Ginger? Just read the article about the Segway, scooter device, not being the mystery Ginger secret machine created by Dean Kamen. The article itself is on the breaking news section of the FT website. What do you think? Is Segway, Ginger? In my opinion it probably is, but...
  31. T

Post 9/11 UFO Increase

I'm not saying it's logical, it just seems a bit of a coinincidence. And why post 9/11? Well, if they've decided to step up testing, to get new aircraft ready, just in case there is another attack, or war then sightings of aircraft would possibly go up. Then again, the military is never...
  32. T

Post 9/11 UFO Increase

This may have been discussed already, but I'm too bleedin lazy to search the entire forum to check.......but, Has anyone else noticed that there have been a spate of articles in newspapers, magazines and on the net that begin with the phrase 'UFOs on the increase in.....' or something to that...
  33. T

Another Manchester Bomb?

Thanks. As long as I'm not the only one who doesn't understand.
  34. T

Another Manchester Bomb?

Going slightly off thread, but can anyone explain to me how a story gets on the news? Where I live we have very few major incidents, yet a good few years ago we had a guy who hacked two people to death, in their own homes, with an axe. The guy responsible would have been absolutely covered...
  35. T

Peculiar Advertisement In Saturday's Papers

I don't hate the harlot!! I swear!! She's actually quite a nice girl!!
  36. T

Sliding!

Its actually written something like this, SLIding, I think. The SLI means Street Light Interference. Or am I mistaken!!??
  37. T

Sliding!

Oh My God!!!!! I thought I was going to go nuts!!! I eventually get computer crap sorted out so I can get on line without a lot of hassle, and I discover that FT had disappeared!! And I've been dying to tell this story for weeks. My apologies if there is already a live sliding thread...
  38. T

Prague Ghost Picture

So what do people think of the prague picture, on the FT Homepage? If you can't see what is meant to be the ghost, zoom in on the fuzzy white cross shape in the middle of the bottom section of the picture above the pews, that I think is supposed to be the shield. I looked at it using...
  39. T

Hypnagogic Voices

And again, the Beast returns to a thread he started weeks ago, and abandoned to it's fate, only to add his own meandering ramblings. Actually this goes right back to the original nature of this thread. Sorry for hijacking any conversations you were having, but I thought this was odd. I...
  40. T

My house is haunted

Hey, two days in a row!! I must have been a good boy!! August, the dictaphone (I can't help sniggering, it's a stupid word!) works. I've used it since. I even recorded a few seconds on the 'blank' tape that was in the machine when it recorded nothing. Wintermoon, ;) there was no noise...
  41. T

My house is haunted

Right, by my calculations, and by recent NTL workings I've got about 60 secs before my link goes down so I'll be quick. Updates: Stayed in the room twice more. Haven't heard anything since. Gave up on video camera as it was knackered, and I don;t own one myself. BUT, just to further...
  42. T

My house is haunted

Jamesveldon, the video camera is just in case something manifests. If it's the heating, then nothing is likely to, but there's always a chance. I've still got the tape recorder in there, and I check it regularly, but have yet to pick anything up. I'[ve also tried to get other people to...
  43. T

My house is haunted

I'm still here!!!! I think NTL have given up trying to silence me!! Up the Revolution!! Ahem....sorry about that. Wintermute, please be as skeptical as you wish. Im not ruling anything out. Danhigginbottom, all three of those are very viable possibilities. My house gets...
  44. T

Funeral Tie Premonitions

Before my connection dies completely I was reminded of something that happened a good few years ago, and is still happening. I am still close to my ex and, although she now lives in Nottingham, I still visit her parents (an odd setup I know but what the hell). While I was having a coffee...
  45. T

My house is haunted

It's me!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Sorry guys and girls, if NTL gets fire bombed in the next few days please act as my witness and say that I was here all the time, they're really starting to get on my t*ts. Does anyone remember that NTL complaint letter that was on one of the other threads last...
  46. T

My house is haunted

Remind me to send NTL a really shitty letter!!! My connection is really tempramental at the moment so my posting is getting quite thin. Sorry guys. ReverendGortex, I didn't dream it. I was wide awake, and heard the same noise last nite. I haven't been able to capture anything on tape...
  47. T

My house is haunted

I wondered wether it would be audible during the day too. It isn't. Even with my ear against the floor. It lasted for about 15 minutes non-stop, then stopped completely. This was between 1 and 2am. Now ask me if I was scared. Go on. Yes, I was scared. If I had been wearing pants...
  48. T

My house is haunted

Thanks, Blueswidow, I was worried about me too. What didn't help was the fact that on Sunday night my mate decided that we'd watch a film called the St Francisville Experiment. It's a very bad Blair Witch rip off, but when you've just spent the night in a room with noises, you'd be amazed how...
  49. T

My house is haunted

Sorry guys, not been able to post for a while, but heres the score: Friday night I stayed in the room....and nothing, not a meta-physical sausage. However, it gets better. Saturday night I stayed in there again, and there is a definite sound. The carpet in that room is quite...
Back