• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

EVP - Not a good hobby

Tapping in the walls is the reason I stopped meditating. I noticed the light taps so I started to count to myself: "One" the wall would *tap* then, "One, two." *tap**tap* ...and so on. I got to 5 and the taps were still with me, I had to conclude that something that could hear my...
  2. T

How Possible Is Blade Runner?

I actually got to see The Final Cut in a theater last weekend. I've been waiting over 20 years to see Blade Runner on the bigscreen. My last opportunity was in London in 1984 or so. My girlfriend and I got totally lost in Piccadilly Circus and never found the cinema it was playing in...
  3. T

Ohio gas station's blue "ghost"

If only it had moved BEHIND the gas pumps, or one of the cars or something... I'd be a whole lot more impressed. Instead, it is just too near the lens at all times. I'm guessing some thin insect being backlit by some nearby blue neon sign or the blue in the electric station sign. I ain't...
  4. T

Telepathy & Kids

Since I couldn't find the "Crisis Apparition" thread, I thought I'd add this here (just for the record.) Two weeks ago today, my girlfriend/life partner left for a 10 day trip to Central America. The very first night she was gone, I awoke after hearing her very clearly call my name. It...
  5. T

Do You Watch 'Ghost Hunters'?

That was good... the number on the front of the locker (it was either paint or a sticker) was glowing as though it was hot as well. It was cool to the point of being invisible when they came back. Here is the clip, if interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7C7WlYCZGQ After watching...
  6. T

Do You Watch 'Ghost Hunters'?

The one that sticks in my mind is the case in a National Guard Armory when the sound guy gets clocked in the face by his heavy bag of gear. You can clearly see that he is holding the boom mic up in the air and for no reason the bag hanging at his side flies up and smacks him under the chin...
  7. T

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

Now you're expecting snow?!? http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007230784,00.html I thought Minnesota had the market cornered on weird weather... TVgeek
  8. T

Whitley Strieber's "The Grays"

I've mentioned this before, but a guy I know did an interview with Strieber on videotape. Part way through the 30 minutes or so, Strieber's implant "went off" causing his ear and the skin around it to become extremely red. Strieber was so distracted by this that the rest of the interview...
  9. T

Levitating / Flying Within A Dream

I never dare fly higher than 8 feet or so. I always think I may forget how to fly and fall at any second... so cautious, even in dreams... TVgeek
  10. T

Incest Is Best?

I grew up with a pure-bred collie as a pet. Stupidest animal I have ever seen... unless it was one of the herding behaviors she was bred for. She barely learned how to walk up and down stairs -- but would guide every visitor from their car to the front door. If other dogs came around...
  11. T

The Cash/Landrum UFO Case

Is that where he got the concept? Damn... I thought this was a whole new idea. John Keel is right: the same information is passed over and over again across the centuries. TVgeek
  12. T

Possible Explanations for Homer's Cyclops

Zok the flying dragon from "The Herculoids" could... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herculoids :wink: TVgeek
  13. T

The Cash/Landrum UFO Case

Whitley Strieber seems to be talking about this case in his novel "The Grays". He doesn't mention it by name but alludes to the fact that the motors, that operate via mercury being propelled around a ring at high-speeds, are difficult to maintain and are dangerous when they malfunction...
  14. T

Ghosts & Entities Moving In A Jerky / Disjointed / Clumsy Manner

This style of movement is used VERY effectively with one of the demon's in "Pan's Labyrinth". Truly creepy. Watching the program "Ghost Hunters", the entity in the Florida Lighthouse moves incredibly quickly up a staircase. Then it pauses and appears to peer over the railing. It...
  15. T

I Can Hear Bats Squeaking—Can You?

As kids, we would throw handfuls of sand into the air -- bats would think the sand was a swarm of insects and fly into the midst of it. Their squeaks were clearly audible. (I'm sure it was cussing us out for getting a mouthful of dust!) :oops: TVgeek
  16. T

The worlds scariest ghosts

I saw the footage of the guy being "hung" in the attic before -- creepy then, creepy now. What the Bravo program DIDN'T show was the fantastic shots of orb/light anomalies that were seen around the outside of that house. Most convincing evidence of orb activity I have ever seen...
  17. T

Zana The Wild Woman

Sorry to dredge this ol' thread up -- but is this really the skull of Zana?!? http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/khwit-dna/ If they're doing DNA analysis, surely the findings can put the existence/legend of Almasty to bed once and for all. If true, how is this not big news...
  18. T

The White Thing (Trussville, Alabama Cryptid)

Thanks for bringing this up! This story made me think of the "Shaver Mystery" and the Teros and Deros who inhabit the inner earth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_S._Shaver TVgeek
  19. T

Ageing & Growing Old

Yes, it does, Escargot... :D TVgeek
  20. T

Ageing & Growing Old

I was sure age was catching up to me in 2006... my wife and I separated after 16 years, I couldn't sleep more than 3 hours at a pop, my blood pressure and weight were up, my job sucked, I felt like an old man at 42... Suddenly within the last 6 months: I have moved in with a beautiful...
  21. T

Chicago O' Hare UFO?

ABC News had a "video" clip... it was clearly a shot of the Phoenix lights. The whole video was about 20 seconds and after showing three lights over a city the voiceover says the "spinning disc had no lights." :roll: Once again, they are pulling all stops in giving concise, carefully...
  22. T

Afterlife (TV Series)

I watched the first episode the other night, too. I totally did not expect the girl to flip out and join her mother... that kind of non-cookie-cutter storytelling is very compelling IMHO! I'll be back for another episode or two... BTW, I still refer to Andrew Lincoln as "Egg". (Remember...
  23. T

Phone Calls From The Dead

Sorry this has taken so long... I read several of Sylvia's books and often discussed them with a friend. Sylvia would reiterate that she did her work because she had been chosen and was not in it for the profit. Then she came around on her book tour -- they were charging $40-$60 (IIRC) just...
  24. T

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Yep -- I've been sucked into it. Stuart attacking Carl on night one was something -- I'll bet he's been wanting to do that for years! :lol: At one point they were dropping like flies -- I think 3 of them passed out (including Yvie) within a few minutes time. Live! They have to do...
  25. T

Mothman & Popular Culture: Books, Films, TV, Merchandising, etc.

Yes, I watched and stuck through the whole thing. I am absolutely pissed that John Keel's name was not mentioned once... but they brought up Richard Gere every chance they could. Sure, it is aimed at the "general populace" (not us!) but the complete lack of knowledge among those on...
  26. T

Buzz Aldrin's UFO admission.

IIRC, he kinda back-pedaled on the admission when he got back to the US. Several websites had the actual audio clip plus some sort of statement from Aldrin trying to "clarify" his position. (Perhaps someone threated to revoke his retirement pay... or am I just being paranoid?) But...
  27. T

Star Trek

Ok -- I've watched several episodes of Classic Trek with the new effects. It is really no big deal. The models are not slick and sexy -- in fact they are lit to be rather "flat". No heavy shadows (like the original) but all the bad mattes are gone. The underground settlement in "Devil in...
  28. T

"Manbat" sighting in Wisconsin

IIRC, John Keel mentions this behavior in the Mothman sightings... Apparently there was no flapping of wings and running over distance for take-off -- just straight up into the air. The wings seem to serve no actual function. TVgeek P.S. This sighting is not that far away from me -- I...
  29. T

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

Good thought -- I should check with one of the UFO reporting centers to see if anything turns up in southern Missouri/northern Arkansas for the dates I was there. Because the object was so bright -- either through sunlight completely going through it (meaning it was not a solid object) or...
  30. T

Here is the original Mexico story that came to my mind: http://www.rense.com/general48/entity.htm Here is the FT discussion about it: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22736 The current version of this FTMB link is...
  31. T

This sounds a lot like the fairly recent encounter between that police officer in Mexico and a flying woman... Weird! TVgeek
  32. T

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

This has taken me all too long to post... I spent a week in southern Missouri in mid-September. The weather was beautiful and surprisingly cool for the time of year. My sister was driving her Suburban to pick up my nephew from school around 3:30 in the afternoon and the three of us...
  33. T

How To Become Invisible

Whitley Strieber recently wrote about a member of the Gurdjieff Foundation (the "meditators") who could disappear at will. He has a few sentences about how the person was approaching a group of people at a wedding and disappeared while in full view of everyone. He did not give any...
  34. T

"It's so unfair...!" (Teenage angst)

I overheard a conversation while walking into work this morning... A woman was telling her friend how she purposely pissed off both of her teens so they would make friends with each other and team up against their mean old mother. The person she was talking to replied with, "What a good...
  35. T

Everyone has seen my point in posting this -- this book seems to be written for the same audience that watched the Peter Jennings TV special a few years ago. This may be fantastic and new to them... but we discuss this everyday and I hoped for just a bit more. Maybe a true unifying...
  36. T

I've noticed a lack of discussion about Whitley Strieber's new book "The Grays". I finished it a few days ago and have been digesting it ever since. First off: it is fiction -- from what I've heard, he chose this route because it would be easier to present the far-out (no pun intended) aspects...
  37. T

Lightning Strikes

Am I allowed to contribute a true life story? :wink: Last Wednesday a stray cat "adopted" my sister's Missouri horse farm. Her 9-year-old son promptly named the cat "Whiskers" -- my sister insisted on calling the cat "Lightning". They had a friendly argument about this for the next...
  38. T

Alien Big Dog? Or what?

Does your friend sketch? I just finished reading about ghost dogs in the UK -- strangely, stone walls and water seem to be a common factor. Shapeshifting from dog to another animal is also surprisingly common. Thanks for sharing the story! TVgeek
  39. T

Multiple Personality Disorder

I was in high school band with someone with MPD. Her mood swings (as they seemed to be) didn't click with anyone until the movie "Sybil" was on TV. Suddenly, this girl's behavior made sense to everyone. Those who were scared just stayed away from her... she didn't seem to notice. She...
  40. T

Line Rage: Newest Antisocial Behavior

This is interesting, I just finished reading Lynne Truss' "Talk to the Hand" which humorously points out the breakdown in manners in BOTH the UK and US. In short, we falsely have the feeling that we are still in private when out in public. The reactions we get are fear-based because...
  41. T

Evil

While having an ordinary conversation with a trance medium (as you do) she commented that it isn't dark or empty that you should fear. It is the bright, shiny, sparkly attractive people who are the most evil. They hide it well and that is what makes them the most dangerous of all. TVgeek
  42. T

Do Buildings Deteriorate When No One Is There?

As Ravenstone pointed out, it probably has to do with heating and cooling. Most houses are very regulated environments with little relative change in temp or humidity. Paint and wallpaper are meant to be used in a "controlled" environment and if the temp or humidity are extreme -- things...
  43. T

Cube-Shaped & Rectangular UFOs

Emps is right about the Skinwalker Ranch -- the book about the ranch also quotes Jacques Vallee who investigated many lethal encounters with the rectangle-shaped craft in South America (I don't remember off-hand WHEN these sightings took place.) The relatively small craft made a noise like a...
  44. T

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

Now there is a rumor that a bigfoot has been shot: http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/prtimeline/ the website does admit that it is "probably a hoax or prank story" but many of the people and place names are accurate -- so if it is a tall tale, it is "locally grown". In a sorta...
  45. T

Ghosts & Cameras

I have to say that, no one in their right mind is going to sit and actually watch hours and hours of security video footage (which is normally taken one frame every so-many seconds) unless a crime is committed at some point. From my experience, it is really tough to see what is going on...
  46. T

Pirates of the Caribbean

My wife kept mentioning that it didn't have as much humor as the first one. I then reminded her that the "valley girls" sitting behind us were hysterically laughing throughout the bonecage and waterwheel scenes. They are the target audience -- and it "worked" for them. It was OK... I...
  47. T

Recent Dutch UFO "mystery" solved

Maybe it is the translation, but the "authority" sounds very dismissive and (as usual) is trying to make the witnesses sound like drunks. That being said: it does sound like a logical explanation... I wonder if they have evidence in the form of used balloons, residents coming forward with...
  48. T

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

Sorry I'm so late to this discussion... Has anyone watched Ghost Hunters on the SciFi Channel? They set out to DISPROVE hauntings, and they are often surprised when something is caught on camera. They often have 2-3 episodes in a row where it turns out to be nothing or easily...
  49. T

Ghosts & Cameras

If paranormal energies (ghosts, UFO's, Nessie, Bigfoot) do indeed affect electronics, drain batteries, etc... does that explain why old-fashioned mechanically-operated cameras were more likely to catch paranormal activity? Perhaps the current technology is not operating "properly" when...
  50. T

The Yeti

Being a bit of a Disney-phile, I went through the "museum" which is part of the queue for the Expedition Everest ride. It has many actual photos and books that seemed to be in a separate case from the ones made especially for the ride's backstory. The ride is good, but yeti that you...
Back