• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

Holophonic Sound Effect

Maybe not the best place for this, but it's odd... I found this on another MB. It's a really weird sound effect - you can hear it almost all round (best with headphones :) ) Holophonic sound effect
  2. D

Anyone heard of Benjamin Breeg?

Recently, someone on another MB was asking for info about an artist called Benjamin Breeg, and this site was suggested. The original poster then gave his reason for asking - Iron Maiden So, does anyone know - are Maiden singing about a real person, or creating a myth?
  3. D

Female muslim footballers

Not sure if this is religion, sport, or mainstream news.... Full story. And why not? (Leaves me wondering, though, whether female Muslim footballers wear shorts... :confused: )
  4. D

Andre Nets Seal Of Approval

A seal, named Andre for some strange reason, has been eating salmon in the River Leven. ...and instead, he's been awarded a fishing permit! :D Full story
  5. D

Gilmerton Cove

'Hellfire' tunnels... About 100 yards from where I'm sitting now..... Local legend says that the blacksmith, George Paterson, refused to pay window tax, and carved the cave and tunnel complex as a windowless home. Any suggestion that one man couldn't have done it in just a few years are...
  6. D

Prophecies Of St Malachy

Apparently, St Malachy, an 11th-12th century Irish priest, came up with a list of Popes, with a short description of each. Googling throws up many links (that almost appear to be copies of each other) about his prophecies and list of popes, along with 'explanations' for some of the cryptic...
  7. D

Boat goes under bridge (!)

This link (which might take a little while to load) has pics of a boat going under a bridge. Sideways. Underwater. :eek:
  8. D

Strange co-stars

Just read on another thread that 'The Others', starring Nicole Kidman, also features Eric Sykes, and my first thought was that there's an unlikely couple..... Then I remembered 'The Three Musketeers' in which Raquel Welch was Spike Milligan's wife.... Any others?
  9. D

Cornish Witch ?

At one time, my gran lived in the village of Paul, near Penzance (and just up the road from Mousehole). I remember seeing a gravestone built into the churchyard wall, but facing out the way, implying that whoever was buried there (a woman from the 17th (?) century) was in the unconsecrated...
  10. D

Is there anyone there?

OK, it's not really ufology, but what are your thoughts on SETI (the search for extra terrestrial intelligence)? Good idea, waste of processor time, can't work, will work? (Details: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ )
Back