• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

One reason I continue to `believe`.

I would call the event in the link you sent me a graze rather than a bounce. Would a meteoroid/ite make an S shape bouncing off the earth's atmosphere?
  2. C

The Scariest Fortean Thing Ever To Happen To You

Graylien - there is a horror/documentary about hypnopompic hallucinations or sleep paralysis called The Nightmare (2015) - which I have started watching (half way through before an interruption). It's quite good.
  3. C

One reason I continue to `believe`.

I saw a UFO fly over the full sky from vertically above, (I was looking straight up), all the way down to the horizon and beyond. Before it disappeared over the horizon and disappeared over the curvature of the Earth it made an "S" shape maneuver. It looked like your typical meteorite before it...
  4. C

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

What's the name of the doco? What's the name of the documentary as the youtube link doesn't exist? Is it this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZzHtxf9TNI C
  5. C

Thought I'd share this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaZwKop0bhE It's one of the better docs on the paranormal I've found. Still has silly sound effects and ridiculous gfx now and again but it's got a serious scientific edge to it. C
  6. C

UFO Filmed By BBC During 'Look North'

Great video When it comes to these flying rods, how can one prove that they are insects? Also that video post prior to this one shows some good footage which I haven't seen before. I think a lot of them could be flares from aircraft, but then I think why would an aircraft deploy flares if...
  7. C

Website about ficticious paranormal agency

Ta! That's the one thanks.
  8. C

Website about ficticious paranormal agency

Hi I'm trying to find a website about a ficticious paranormal agency which I can't remember the name of. The website is rather inscrutable and doesn't have a stand out name or address, but it offers short descriptions of paranormal objects, incidents, areas and people who have been quarantined...
  9. C

Bloody insects! Case closed, thanks both. So what are orbs then? Only joking.
  10. C

Flying rod on BBC local news After a lengthy trawl through youtube I discovered this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYMtyMHlFsA Too fast for a seagull. Could be a radio controlled plane? Anyone heard or seen of anything about this?
  11. C

My second sighting

It did look like a Lantern. I have lots of experience viewing Lanterns but this was a strange looking one. It wasn't ascending which may be due to high speed, high altitude winds although it was only so high as mentioned in my OP. The odd thing was that there was no wind felt (I don't know...
  12. C

My second sighting

I've seen another strange object in the sky. Christmas Day 2012 (no booze/drugs involved, as I was driving) in Birmingham, about 9:30pm leaving parents house to drive back home I saw what looked like a lantern, about 500 feet high. Except I don't think it was a lantern, it was a glowing...
  13. C

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Most haunted disppointed me I watched and LOVED MH all the way up to the 9th series. (I think it was 9th or 10th). There was one episode where they were exploring a stately home and Karl was on a balcony in a library and the rest of the team, including Yvette were down below looking up at...
  14. C

Visited By A Fairy

Agreed Grammar and spelling from the end colon may or may not be correct: Yeah, that's what I was trying to hint at, before I was devoured quite rightly by the nice people. Just someone's attempt at creative writing. Not to say that it wasn't true to the witness but to write it like a...
  15. C

Visited By A Fairy

Sorry for my ranting everyone.
  16. C

Visited By A Fairy

I was trying to be nice and perhaps a wee Rambunctious before I was set upon and devoured by forum fairies, for that I am sorry. In my opinion bad punctuation is in part careless, but bad spelling is just lazy. This is especially true when you have easily accessible software such as Word or...
  17. C

Visited By A Fairy

Beautiful but sad story! Thank you. I can't help thinking that your writing would be better spent writing childrens stories. Oh and sort out your spelling.
  18. C

Floating bowl shaped bubble

Could you elaborate for me? I would like to hear your experience.
  19. C

I wouldn't know who to ask to get it..... Spose this will remain a mystery.
  20. C

There was no bubble wrap involved! I've recently spoken to an individual who has had a strange experience with a bubble in their living room. He described himself sitting with his younger brother in the living room listening to a record on his record player (must have been the 80s). He...
  21. C

Treasure Hunters / Tomb Raiders

Found this I found this on Jamelist.com: jameslist.com/collectibles/memorabilia/albert-pierrepoint-hangman-memorabilia-collection-508777 Link is dead. No archived version available. Looks like they havent got the noose. I know who has! T
  22. C

That must have happened at least once in the history of filming the supernatural. I'm thinking kids in graveyards seeing a figure with a flash and a red dot floating around. Man with camera who claims he has seen ghosts of children dressed all in black with sunken eyes. Goths. both put...
  23. C

Thanks Great thanks all. That's my Friday night sorted, along with 4 cans of Pilsner. Oh I just spotted this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xlyofmznOs Isn't that some of the most genuinely convincing sounding witnesses to what seems to be a VERY strange sighting? Can anyone shed...
  24. C

I thought I'd seen most ghost footage, this one surprised me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbTYWM0L ... ure=relmfu Its almost definetly a trick of light but I would like to know what program this is from. Any ideas? Edit: I think its fortean TV? HOW DO I GET FORTEAN TV!?
  25. C

Video Terror

If you can find a trace of that on the internet I'd be dead happy. I loved the Dead of Night TV series.
  26. C

Video Terror

Found this site: http://webspace.webring.com/people/th/hauntedtv/index.htm Really rather good list of TV series and TV films which interest me.
  27. C

Panic: A Genuine Example In The Old Sense Of The Word?

There's something in the Fear of open fields thing.... Maybe its an ancient stone age trait we have acquired - not to tread into an open area for fear of being ambushed by big sabre toothed cats? Stick to the trees and bushes to be safe and you'll avoid a rabble of angry neanderthals who'll end...
  28. C

Video Terror

Seen it! But that's the line that I'm running - hoping to catch something that I've not seen. I've found youtube to be the best source - simply typing a woman sobbing into the search and sifting through the related films on the right is great. Here is one I'm eager to watch...
  29. C

Video Terror

Much appreciated response. I have seen a lot of P.W's films. I do enjoy some scenes from the Hammer-like genre but all in all I'm not a fan. Its all a bit too pantomimey! No, my interest lies in simple stories like "A Woman Sobbing" from the Dead of Night series or "During Barty's Party"...
  30. C

Video Terror

Here's my problem: I think I've seen every piece of Horror/Thriller/Psychological/Supernatural Thriller media and I'm desperate for more. Think of mainstream Hollywood TV/Film Horror - I've seen it. Think of slightly obscure TV/Film Horror - I've seen it. Think of very obscure TV/Film...
  31. C

The TV was on, the blinds were shut. If it was a bubble then I didn't see the top half of it because only the bottom was illuminated. But then why was the bottom illuminated and not the top? You see as we observed the bubble it was only 4 feet off the ground about the height of my face when...
  32. C

Very very strange thing happened to me last night - also witnessed by my wife: Watching TV about 8:30pm, I noticed what I first thought to be a bit of dust floating toward me. When i focused onto it it was shiny and see through, the shape and texture of it can only be described as a bubble -...
  33. C

Odd behaviour around street name signs

Yes I'd probably be more inclined toward the drugs drop off. Escargot - no I've seen it up in York and down in the capital. I reported one woman to the police as she frequented this particular sign many times. Here's the road and hopefully you can see the sign...
  34. C

Odd behaviour around street name signs

Over the years i have seen about 5 or 6 people acting strangely around street name signs. When i say street name signs i mean the cast iron black and white ones you see on almost every street. i live in the west midlands and have seen men, women of all ethnicity hovering around these signs...
  35. C

Is Photograpic Evidence For Paranormal Events Even Possible?

I've also often wondered about what the OP raises. I think the only way its really difficult to fake supernatural video subjects is at deep sea or in space footage. The footage which you see from these environments are few and far between compared to Sky or dark haunted house footage, so video...
  36. C

Invisible Smoker

Mobile Phone text I think you clarified this when you said you kept on walking and looking at it now and again (out of fear?) but when did you get the text message, was it just at the start of the sighting or toward the end? If I got a text message I'd have ignored it until this weird sight...
  37. C

The Big Orb Thread

Moving orbs? I'm almost a complete skeptic on Orbs now being convinced they are artefacts of modern digital cameras. BUT considering the whole discussion above how do you explain moving orbs on film? Are they the same?
  38. C

A blinding flash of telepathy that staggered me physically

Rupert Sheldrake Read the article on the front page of the ForteanTimes website about Rupert Sheldrake. I'm following his work and I believe there REALLY is something to his findings. Go to his website and find the recordings and transcripts of him responding to sceptics and find out how weak...
  39. C

A change in UFO shape over the past few decades

Are there any posts/pages exploring why UFO sightings have changed from the classic saucers to glowing or metallic spheres or to rods? It seems to me that the trend of UFO shapes described from witness accounts HAVE changed since the 80s. Do you think it is a result of subtle changes in the...
  40. C

UFO Sighting Cornwall 2001

Similar sighting I completely believe you OP and have seen something very similar. My experience was at a motor home camp marvelling at the clear night sky near Wellington, New Zealand. I saw a moving white dot (thinking it was a satellite or high altitude aircraft) but it picked up speed...
  41. C

BBC or ITV footage of cigar shaped UFO

Do you mean you remember more to the footage? It would be nice to find all the footage....this footage for me (apart from some of the Brazillian eclipse videos) are the most convincing UFO events ever for me.
  42. C

Thanks Well impressed by you finding that documentary thank you. Yes that's the footage but I'm fairly sure there is more to that particular footage. I remember footage of the object starting and stopping etc. That may be down to my memory filling in the blanks though so I can't be adamant...
  43. C

Can anyone find me youtube footage or any stock footage of this particular sighting which has stayed in my memory as a particularly genuine UFO sighting. It was on a UFO documentary (I think American) and it showed a Professional TV crew with cameras etc...in a field in the UK somewhere...
  44. C

The Ouija Board

Ouija board - nonsense, but I wouldn't touch one I personally wouldn't touch one, not because of the supernatural but because of the amount of people who have advised against it. Do you think that maybe young impressionable people or infirm minds could get a serious bout of paranoia which...
  45. C

The Cave To Conquer Your Fears

Long Barrow? I have decided that the cave could be a Long Barrow - so I have done a bit of research on it but still not found anything!
  46. C

Dudley Earthquake McAvennie reminds me of the Dudley Earthquake here in the West Midlands a good few years ago. (2002?) I was living with my two female flat mates (the fact that they were female becomes important later; myself I am male) and we had gone to bed ready for work next day as we...
  47. C

Hearing Your Name Called

Voices called Two IT trainers (completely unrelated and weeks apart) have both heard their names being called at an IT training centre that I run in the West Midlands. They both recalled that they were the only people in the centre at the time and I can back this up due to managing the...
  48. C

Drunk night in Stafford Before I tell you this very brief story I must warn you I'd drunk a couple of pints and a few liquors....and may have inhaled marijuana smoke. Its not really a fortean occasion but it happened to me and my friend many moons ago at University. I've always thought about...
  49. C

Secret Doors And Off-Limit Government Areas (UK)

Water Tower Strife I remember when I was a teenager hearing about a brother of a friend who threw stones to break windows of a water tower near to where I used to live. This is the one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sludgeulper/3517626103/ He apparently was accosted by all sorts of...
  50. C

Secret Doors And Off-Limit Government Areas (UK)

Is that the BT tower you are talking about - as the St.Johns place is not near that, its a few blocks away. I work in the centre of Bham and would like to see it. Could you possibly find the place on Google Street View for me!? Please? I wouldn't mind having an explore - within the law. I've...
Back