• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. filcee

ID Cards / Identification Cards

It's a paraphrase of a quote from 'Garth Marenghi's Darkplace', by the actor who's providing the voice on the Tyrannosaurus Alan advert...
  2. filcee

Strange family backgrounds

Rynner, I'm guessing (please correct me if I'm wrong AMPHIARAUS): AMPHIARAUS is married, and his wifes brother (A's brother in law) has married A's mother. The child of his wifes brother (already A's nephew by marriage), from a relationship prior to that with A's mother, has therefore become...
  3. filcee

Unusual Attacks

Sorry, Peni, there's nothing in that initial quote that says his advances were improper and the first mention of insults refers to comments made by one of the defendants, so I don't think 'He started it' is a legitimate defence at all. Depending on the nature of the comments that were made by...
  4. filcee

The strange, strange death of Jeremiah Duggan (neo nazis)

Re: The strange, strange death of Jeremiah Duggan (neo nazis Left or Right, it makes no odds, a bast'd's a bast'd...(& he doesn't seem to like us Brits, does he?)
  5. filcee

Ageing & Growing Old

You know, I can go off people, Mr. Younger... :sceptic:
  6. filcee

Ageing & Growing Old

TKU? Also, my eldest nephew turns 25 this week. He has two lads of his own, and still calls me 'Uncle Phil'. That makes me feel old...
  7. filcee

Nominative Determinism

Not quite work connected, but I knew a Bowyer whose other half was called Fletcher.
  8. filcee

Litigation Gone Mad?

Roof fall dancer tenant sues Thought I'd resurrect this thread for this little gem... At this rate, I may have to re-write the tenancy agreement for my tenant (if I ever get one): Para. 1. No activities of any kind are to be carried out by the tenant, or any guests thereof, without...
  9. filcee

Scared Of The Dentist? You Will Be!

The last time I went to a dentist I was told I would need several fillings, and at least two teeth removed, due to decay and infection. If I didn't have the work done it would get worse and I'd probably lose most of my teeth very shortly. When I asked if they could do the work there & then, they...
  10. filcee

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

Not liking the taste, and being too bone idle to find a healthy alternative is [b]not[/] an intolerance. :x Having seen her on breakfast TV this morning the help should be cookery lessons, and how to say no to her kids once in a while.
  11. filcee

Booze News

I wonder if Duval-Leroy were one of the producers that insisted champagne could only be produced in the Champagne region? If they are, this could also go on the Irony thread... :wink:
  12. filcee

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Wild eagles attack paraglider source
  13. filcee

Strange Crimes

Doctor gives stripper a hand -- literally source
  14. filcee

The World's Dumbest Criminals

Burglar caught red-handed in air conditioner source
  15. filcee

Crazy Person Alert

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help hearing that in my head in a kind of Pam Ayres style accent :oops:
  16. filcee

C*nt originally a term of endearment?

My lil' sis has a mouth like a cess pit, but hates the use of the word twat. A friend from Glasgow used it as a term of endearment for her young son, much to the consternation of the posh birds on the Wirral...
  17. filcee

How Did Bob Marley Die?

Any blow which causes bruising or damage to bones can trigger a reaction in the cells which can lead to cancer (I think).
  18. filcee

C*nt originally a term of endearment?

They may be called F.A.R.T., but they're sh1t-slow.
  19. filcee

'Cosjobs' (Costumed Characters: Mascots; Theme Parks, Etc.)

Sorry Stormy, only just picked up on this... I'd gone to Gullivers World with the intention of working on the rides, but my pony tail was considered unsuitable for public viewing, hence the Nelly gig. They were succesfully sued for sexual discrimination a year or so later.
  20. filcee

Predictions They'd Rather Forget No.1

Chile, although officialy neutral during the war, provided intelligence support to the UK, and considered a border offensive against Argentina to draw troops away from the Falklands. BBC News item - June '05 In 1978, 150+ years of tension over three islands in the Beagle Channel nearly...
  21. filcee

Giant Crabs

The Tasmanian Giant crab has a shell / carapace up to approximately 18 inches across, with pincers / legs each going a further 18 inches or so. That could well be the beastie Floyd had a grip on... There's a nice pic here that show the size...
  22. filcee

Giant Crabs

Were they feeding it on steroids? This Fisheries Research site from Australia lists them as about 6 inches across... The Japanese spider crab is listed as the biggest (known, living) crab, with a 15 inch shell and legs that can reach up to 13 feet across...
  23. filcee

Top Hoaxing

That tells you just about everything you need to know about politicians...
  24. filcee

Single-Purpose Shops

There's a proper tobacconist in Liverpool called Turmeaus. No concessions to being a newsagents or sweet shop like most places do, just smokes and smoking accessories. It even has a live webcam!
  25. filcee

Dying for a Wii

Or, how greedy and materialistic?
  26. filcee

Ageing & Growing Old

For those who feel they are getting old & past it, regardless of their age, consider the following... My Da is 70 tomorrow, although he's fortunate enough to be asked for proof of his age whenever he tries to get a pensioners discount. Since retiring 5 years ago he's travelled abroad for the...
  27. filcee

My Nellie days are behind me, and thankfully there is no photographic evidence of my desperation...The trunk very nearly ended up surgically implanted in the 'Character Leaders' behind - he refused to pay me unless I came back the following day to do the same again! If conditions for staff at...
  28. filcee

:oops: I lasted 6 hours as Nelly the Elephant at Warringtons wonderful Gullivers World, then told 'em to shove it before I clouted one of the whinging, snivelling brats (or one of their equally moronic parents). :twisted:
  29. filcee

Antarctica = Atlantis?

Quotes from Breakfastologists source: I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but surely 'Libya and Asia put together' is larger than 8km by 3.5km?
  30. filcee

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call him a child - he looks closer to late teens than pre-teens and he's as tall as the Tigger suit. Looking at the stills from the video (I can't seem to get the video to load) there's a chance he's getting a grip on the Tigger suit from behind before the guy...
  31. filcee

'Paris Syndrome' (Visitors' Stress / Depression Reaction To Paris)

If you can't beat 'em... ...source Link is obsolete. The MIA Reuters article can now be accessed at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-tourism-1/a-guide-to-understanding-rude-parisians-idUSL0439524320070104 I'm with Cokker on this. The Japanese I've met have been much nicer, and more...
  32. filcee

Plastic electronics

Totally OT, but is it any surprise the British engineering industry has gone bosoms skyward? Not even British based companies are planning on manufacturing here now! :furious:
  33. filcee

London Bombings: Conspiracies

The timeline on the .pdf states the passenger fiddling with rucksack was sighted at 9:19am, Daniel 7:7 did not board the bus until 9:24am - is it possible rucksack guy either: Got off bus between sighting and Daniel 7:7 getting on? Moved upstairs between sighting and Daniel 7:7 getting on...
  34. filcee

I was an eye witness to an event some time ago, I gave a statement to the police shortly afterwards with my recollections of what had occurred. For certain reasons I was then shown CCTV footage of the exact area I was in. My recollections were, at best, about 15% accurate. Things happened right...
  35. filcee

The writings of one survivor, who will have been disoriented and in shock immediately after the Tavistock Square bombing. He makes his living out of publishing (be interesting to know how creative the stuff he publishes is?). His major complaint seems to be that his version of events differs...
  36. filcee

Stonehenge

Careful, BRF, our illustious dentist and geologist friend may come back...
  37. filcee

Weird Business-Proposition Emails

Being a bit bored (and not really having the time on my hands, but doing it anyway...), I've just had a stroll around some of the electoral roll sites... There is a Mr. Robinson, living on Northolt Road in Harrow...Not that number, and not that exact name, but something of a coincidence?
  38. filcee

Weird Business-Proposition Emails

Sneaky bugger, Queen Elizabeth's Foundation does exist (note the extra 'S' in there), but appears to be based in Surrey, rather than Middlesex. There site is here, with some of the URLs being very similar...qefuk.org (for our scamster) and qef.org.uk (for the legit operation). Myf13, it...
  39. filcee

Saddam Hussein's Trial Thread

See my post on the Predictions for 2007 thread...
  40. filcee

Mediums & channellers

I agree the under-employed part could be (and probably was) good cold reading. The part about getting my bosses name is a genuine freaky one. There was only the two of us and I went in first. I made sure we didn't speak while we were waiting, and my boss wouldn't have made it into the...
  41. filcee

Predictions for 2007

I'm originally from Warrington, most of my family's still there! I predict Saddam Hussein will be found dead in his cell, supposedly from natural causes (stroke / heart attack). That he died naturally won't be accepted and there will be competing theories about his death; 1. The Americans...
  42. filcee

Mediums & channellers

OK, here's my story... Couple of years ago me & my mate were walking through Chester when we saw a sign for Tarot Reading, on the spur of the moment we decided to have a go - it'd be a laugh...We went in, asked if the reader was available (Lee Louise? Something like that) and were told we...
  43. filcee

Saddam Hussein's Trial Thread

My cynical prediction for Saddam Hussein; he won't make it to being executed...either the stress of incarceration, trial and appeal will be too much for him & he'll die of natural causes, or he'll somehow gain access to lethal drugs (is he on any medication ATM?), and commit suicide...
  44. filcee

TISWAS

The filthy lyrics must have changed on their way through Cheshire, or we were a little sicker in Warrington...
  45. filcee

TISWAS

Hmm, how to write out the rude version least offensively? Aah, bugger it... Come & listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed, Went for a w**k behind the garden shed, Round came Ellie-Mae, all in the nude, Up from his c**k came a bubblin' crude... Sp**k, that is - white gold, t*ss*rs...
  46. filcee

Dead Folks Elected To Public Office

Couple of links here, regarding Hartlepool & H'angus the Monkey... BBC story regarding the election of Stuart Drummond, as H'angus the Monkey, to the post of mayor here... Wiki entries on H'angus the Monkey and Hartlepool in general...
  47. filcee

Native Americans & Vertigo

Hijacking the thread slightly here...I don't think it's possible to say any one group of people have specific levels of hirsuteness (is that really a word? Who knows...). I am of western / central European extraction and have spent almost 4 years cultivating a scraggy, patchy facial fuzz...
  48. filcee

Unusually Dense Human Bones

So was M. Night Shyamalan ahead of his time with Unbreakable?
  49. filcee

Rocket Post (Gerhard Zucker; Scarp; 1934)

Doesn't the idea of a transatlantic rocket mail get a mention in Quatermass? One of the aging scientific types made his name working on the project after the end of the war...
  50. filcee

Scary Dreams

I have one recurring nightmare, which always gets me waking up screaming and sweating (not much fun for my Beloved...). It starts with a forest, and a view through the trees of a soldier. No detail can be made out of the soldier, but I know he's very scared although he knows he's not alone -...
Back