• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. harlequin2005

Earth Lights In Nepal 1929

This is a quoted report by Jim Corbett, a noted conservationist and hunter of man-eaters who is still revered in parts of India as a 'saint'. A trained observer, he hunted numerous man eaters, alone, at night, on foot, frequently being stalked by his target. The Corbett National Park in India is...
  2. harlequin2005

Unique Carnivore Rediscovered in Tanzania

Link Unique Carnivore Rediscovered in Tanzania BRONX, New York, June 19, 2002 (ENS) - An American scientist working in southeastern Tanzania has rediscovered a carnivore that has remained undetected for the last 70 years. Photographed by a camera trap on the eastern side of Udzungwa...
  3. harlequin2005

Islamic Bloc, Christian Right Team Up to Lobby U.N

#Gimme that ole time religion Gimme that ole time religion# Something to make one love ones committed (commitable?) religious bretheren even more! Islamic Bloc, Christian Right Team Up to Lobby U.N <full text> Islamic Bloc, Christian Right Team Up to Lobby U.N. By Colum Lynch...
  4. harlequin2005

Earthquakes

[Emp edit: A general purpose earthquake thread. Threads dealing with more specific topics: Bam: Link is obsolete. The current link is: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/bam.12536/ Afghanistan: Link is obsolete. The current link is...
  5. harlequin2005

Great Fun for All....

Something for everyone, I feel... http://www.disclosureproject.org/ My favorite:- COSMIC DECEPTION: LET THE CITIZEN BEWARE Full Text:- COSMIC DECEPTION: LET THE CITIZEN BEWARE by Steven M. Greer M.D. Director, The Disclosure Project http://www.disclosureproject.org...
  6. harlequin2005

Planet X - Nibiru Thread

Interview With Zecharia Sitchin Yet more from Marshal Masters' world... I put it here since it seems the best fit. Interview With Zecharia Sitchin <original text> Will Nibiru Return in 2003? Featuring an Exclusive YOWUSA.COM Interview With Zecharia Sitchin YOWUSA.COM, June 1, 2002...
  7. harlequin2005

Will US and Russia Use Soviet-Era Tesla Weapons to Defeat Is

More high strangeness from The Shadow Gallery mail boxes... http://marshallmasters.com/Archive/May2002/EMWARS3/emwars3.htm <original Text> Will US and Russia Use Soviet-Era Tesla Weapons to Defeat Islamist Terror Nukes? YOWUSA.COM, May 31, 2002 Janice Manning The Moscow...
  8. harlequin2005

Radio Tagged Fish Become Sturgeon Detectives

Radio Tagged Fish Become Sturgeon Detectives CHATTAHOOCHEE, Georgia, May 23, 2002 (ENS) - Sterilized sturgeon are being used as living probes to locate wild sturgeon and their habitat in southeastern rivers and the Gulf of Mexico. Last week, scientists released three captive reared, radio...
  9. harlequin2005

Antarctic Ice Sheet Thickening?

washingtonpost.com Iceberg Breaks Away From Antarctica By Randolph E. Schmid Associated Press Writer Tuesday, May 21, 2002; 6:16 PM WASHINGTON –– Another new iceberg has broken away from Antarctica, the National Ice Center reported Tuesday. The berg named D-17 broke off from the...
  10. harlequin2005

Radio Reception Via Appliances (etc.)

Toaster speaks Russian From that organ of the Fortean... The Sun! Toaster speaks Russian By JOHN COLES FED-UP villagers are waking up to their toasters speaking RUSSIAN. Phones and other electrical appliances in the sleepy hamlet are also talking in tongues. And windscreen...
  11. harlequin2005

Challenger Disaster- Soviet Plot?

More high strangeness from my inbox.... MEG Inventor Tom Bearden: Did the Soviets Cause the Challenger Disaster? <Partial Quote, since its bloody long> MEG Inventor Tom Bearden: Did the Soviets Cause the Challenger Disaster? YOWUSA.COM, May 6, 2002 Janice Manning On the morning...
  12. harlequin2005

Somewhat Surreal Site

I found this... I post for comment, but I found it all verry surreal Barry Manilow, yes that Barry Manilow, has rekindled his Jewish roots with 'Harmony,' his new musical set in the Holocaust. As if a site called 'Jewsweek' isnt odd enough... 8¬)
  13. harlequin2005

Douglas Adams Biography Video

Details wasn't sure where to put this 8¬)
  14. harlequin2005

Send in the Clones.. There ought to be clones..

This prize piece of paranoia wafted into one of my mail boxes. It seems to be more para-politics rather than science so yeretis:- Human Homicide Bomber Clones - The Coming Weapons of Eugenics Live it up people 8¬)
  15. harlequin2005

Serial Killers

Islamic Serial Killer in Iran For all you fans of abnormal psychology where it becomes serial killing. Story Text PROSTITUTE KILLER HANGED IN IRAN Wednesday 17 April 2002 12:29pm Prison authorities in Iran have executed a man convicted of a series of prostitute...
  16. harlequin2005

Rest of Jesus Ministry

Can't see that anyone else has posted this so here goes:- February 15, 2002 In Wisconsin, Threats, 2 Dead Undertakers, and Plenty of Questions By JOHN W. FOUNTAIN HUDSON, Wis., Feb. 14 — When an undertaker and his young apprentice were found shot dead in a funeral home...
  17. harlequin2005

DU at Ground Zero?

More high strangeness in my inbox DU at Ground Zero 8¬)
  18. harlequin2005

Is The Moon An Artificial Structure? Claims & Theories

This is something that has been hanging around for years and is just too strange not to share :) Spaceship 'Moon' Link is dead. Here's the text from the MIA webpage. Salvaged From The Wayback Machine...
  19. harlequin2005

Dr John Harries - Welsh Esoterica

A friend of mine asked me to post this... she's been having problems posting :) I recently read an interesting article about a Dr John Harries who lived in mid Wales in the 19th Century. The article said that he was a wizard who would yearly go up into the mountains above his home and open...
  20. harlequin2005

Old Thrad That Relates To This Subject

Old Thread that relates to this subject I posted this a looooong time ago on the board (thread id 66!!) OOPArts, Authors and Agendas Link is dead. The current thread to which this refers is...
  21. harlequin2005

The Internet Center for Corruption Research

For the delectation and delight of all you conspiracists out there The Internet Center for Corruption Research Lap it up guys :D 8-)
  22. harlequin2005

The Darwin Awards

Darwin 2001 THis just popped into one of my numerous mail boxes. I make noclaims on the veracity of the below:- It's that time again! The Darwin Awards are given each year to bestow upon (the remains of) the individuals who, through single-minded self-sacrifice, have done the most to...
  23. harlequin2005

Large-Scale Disappearances: Armies / Military Units

Didn't one of the Norfolk Regiments vanish in WW1? No bodies found, no prisoners taken sort of thing... 8¬)
  24. harlequin2005

Something odd on ITN

I was (literally) jst watching ITN coverage of the Afghan War, when they allegedly showed an Al-Qaida member, pledging alliegence it Osama Bin Laden in front of an image of OBL. I didn't think devout fundamentalist islamics were allowed images of any living thing under Taliban edict. Is it...
  25. harlequin2005

The Princes In The Tower

Who do YOU think did it? How had the means motive and opportunity to commit one of our most famous unsolved murders? Place your vote and make your comment :) 8¬)
  26. harlequin2005

Homemade Lightning - Book Recommensation

Hi all, Just thought I'd share a gem I found:- Homemade Lightning - Creative Experiments in Electricity by R.A Ford (Pb McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-137323-3) Got it from Maplin Electronics. It has some real hardcore fort from late 19th and early 20th century Scientific magazines, as well...
  27. harlequin2005

Charles Fort Memorial Online Library

Online Resource for Oddities Posting elsewhere, I suddenly remembered one of the main influences of my teenage years in the 80s - Omni Magazine. It had a column called anti-matter which usually contained some pretty high Forteana. I lost touch with the magazine when it went over to the internet...
  28. harlequin2005

The Naden Harbour Carcass

Anyone got any information about the Naden Harbour carcass, purportedly a Cadborosaurus, disgorged by a Sperm whale in 1937? Any comments, web sites etc greatfully received H 8¬)
  29. harlequin2005

Collected threads: News

Snake Story URL:- http://channel.netscape.com/mynsnews/story.tmpl?table=n&cat=50900&id=200108030825000245726 Original Text:- LAGOS (Reuters) - A single snake has been blamed for the deaths of at least seven women in a village near the northern Nigerian city of Kano, prompting residents...
  30. harlequin2005

OOPArts: Out Of Place Artefacts & Archaeological Erratics

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether of not the author Rene Noorbergen had an agenda when he wrote 'Secrets of the Lost Races'. If so what was it? For those who've not read it:- The structure of the book uses biblical legend (flood etc), Hindu (flying craft) , along with...
Back