• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. ninja_cat

Ebola

2 things I noticed- 1) The idea of Ebola Reston being deadly- wasn't this from the breakout in Washington and was not deadly at all. (The dreadful film Outbreak was loosely based on this.) 2) Heckler is right and Ebola is spread through contact with body fluids. IIRC the book which talks...
  2. ninja_cat

Electronic / Signal Jamming & Jammers

Military radar effects on car electrics I saw a report on local news -look east, yesterday (22/2/06) about a military radar affecting car electrics. The usual things i.e dash goes haywire and engine stalls. Reminds me of some close encounters. Unfortunately I cannot find any reference to...
  3. ninja_cat

War and conquest

I wouldn't like to preempt JerryB or anything but family can refer to parents/ relatives i.e cousins etc as well as children...
  4. ninja_cat

Pat Robertson: God told him it's Bush in a 'blowout'

"I didn't say 'assassination', I said our special forces could take him out. Take him out could be a number of things including kidnapping," he said. "There are a number of ways of taking out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted," he added. However, in the...
  5. ninja_cat

A Mystery Musician From The Sea?

It does seem an unsatisfactory end - is it because we were expecting more. “He has been playing the piano to a very high quality for up to four hours at a time and staff say it is a real pleasure to hear it.” followed by When he played the piano in the hospital, he didn’t play it...
  6. ninja_cat

London Bombings: Conspiracies

Yes, I have doubts about it too. A student visa isn't too hard but a working visa is harder to get hold of.
  7. ninja_cat

It does seem strange. Witnesses claim that they saw him in a bulky jacket and leaping the gates - but witness can be mistaken. The family also claimed that his visa was correct and up to date. The trouble is - and all respect to the family, the cousin wasn't actually there to see what...
  8. ninja_cat

I thought of your post when I read the item in the paper. Hope this new method doesn't backfire on them if you see what I mean.
  9. ninja_cat

True, but a rebounded shock wave would come after the initial blast causing the direction of the metal - again this is speculation. The timings could just be watches synched before hand, not that hard. On another point - the Police used Tasers (am I getting this thread confused with the...
  10. ninja_cat

here is a guess at why- blast goes through carriage floor and is reflected back up by ground bending metal back into carriage. Doesn't happen in sides or roof as there is more space for blast to be dissapated. Just a guess - I'm lucky enough to be not there trying to work it out. Would...
  11. ninja_cat

One shot doesn't guarantee a death - we've seem pics in Fortean Times of people with massive head wounds who have survived. Tasers - look at Rodney King in LA - the Police hit him with Tasers IIRC and he didn't go down. (not condoning the LA Police in that one though!) Non leathel weapons...
  12. ninja_cat

I suppose that could be down to "24 hour rolling news". The explosives were powerful and clean - military (from that supposition leads to Eastern Europe as that is the best place to get Military explosives on the black market) Forensic work shows that they wern't that clean - commercial No...
  13. ninja_cat

Or that he came from a house they were watching. Most houses in London are flats with a communal front door. If this was the case would they have watched the front door for any suspicious activity? Would seeing a man come out with a big jacket on a warm day alert them to follow that person. Then...
  14. ninja_cat

As I said, speculation...
  15. ninja_cat

Although it is a tragedy it must also be noted that the inncocent man was being watched as he had come from a house linked to the terrorists. I would be more horrified if it had just been a man spotted acting suspiciously in the streets. I would hate to have had to make a judgement like that...
  16. ninja_cat

During the IRA bombings they launched some mortars over the fence of Heathrow airport - they failed to go off. It was alleged (in one of the many SAS tells all books) that a special forces officer had infiltrated the IRA cell but could not stop the attempt (I think because they were after...
  17. ninja_cat

WTC Demolition Conspiracy

I'm in no particular "camp" on this one but would just like to say 1) Fire doors stop fires - not planes 2) The WTC were designed to withstand for a period of time an accidental collision of the largest jet at the time of design (can't remember what that was at the time but it was a few...
  18. ninja_cat

May 5th - UK Election.

I thought that was just what the Political commentators thought would happen/ wanted to happen. Doubt it was ever a "fact" (is there such a thing in Politics?? :) )
  19. ninja_cat

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

I go through Kings Cross quite often and have never experienced anything weird :( To be honest , nothing on the underground has felt weird or ghostly. Shame really, I love the underground, all those tunnels leading off somewhere, abandoned stations (Is it Aldwych they use for video shoots...
  20. ninja_cat

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

As far as I know, the moon doesn't have an atmosphere.
  21. ninja_cat

Which is why I thought the terrain argument holds more water - i.e changes in the lie of the land affect the direction of shadows. The trouble with his debunking was the light source was so close that it just proved that this could happen on a set (note - just ran outside and put up two sticks...
  22. ninja_cat

I thought it portayed the sceptics as all scientists (except Patrick Moore who is definately mad :) ) and the conspiracy theorists as nutters living in the desert... - ( I believe the man with all the cats . :miaow: ) To be honest, the only thing I didn't like was the debunking of the...
  23. ninja_cat

Newly Discovered: Previously Unknown Animal Species (Not Alleged Cryptids Or Species Believed Extinct)

I worked with an Australian who said that they had great fun winding up the British who emigrated there. They would say things like - "don't lie down on the grass or you'll never get up, the trap door spiders will get you" etc. He said it took about three months or so before they'd realise they...
  24. ninja_cat

Underground (Miscellaneous: Tunnels, Roads, Bunkers Etc.)

Wow, that looks cool Escargot. I went to the salt mines in Salzburg - also very cool - especially the slides to go from level to level. Also worth mentioning the Ice caves near there.
  25. ninja_cat

Cheadle Samurai

Lucky bugger
  26. ninja_cat

Cheadle Samurai

I don't do side kick roles :) My cat may help if the moneys right
  27. ninja_cat

Lord Of The Rings Film

Great film apart from one scene at the end when they all see Frodo again - That scene should have been cut and burnt! (you should know the one I mean - in the cinema there was a definate laugh at that moment. Gonna be great on DVD :)
  28. ninja_cat

I Have Christopher Columbus's Secret Log Book

Have just heard an episode of Steptoe and Son on BBC Radio 4 where one of the jokes was they had tried to sell Christopher Columbuses log book - written by hand. The punch line was - "pity it was written in English." Immediatly made me think of this thread.
  29. ninja_cat

Drugs: Creative Aid Or Hindrance?

I used to think drugs can make you more creative then I saw that BBC4 prog on the National trust and some of those guys - what a bunch of fluffy logic they were spouting on about. Didn't see a real druid amongst them (not that I'd probably recognise one :()
  30. ninja_cat

JFK: Kennedy Assassination Etc.

To be honest, I wasn't convinced by the program. It made a good argument that LHO shot JFK but really did skirt the conspiracy angle by just claiming that LHO and Jack Ruby were just fanatics. Hmmm. The fact that it was extremely biased IMHO was just so they could say "Case closed now bugger...
  31. ninja_cat

Occult Architecture

And the difference being?
  32. ninja_cat

Occult Architecture

How about Washington being laid out in masonic symbols and Milton Keynes being deseigned by modern day neo witches?
  33. ninja_cat

The Spear of Destiny - Where Is It Now?

Spear of Destiny and here
  34. ninja_cat

Thuds From The Ceiling And Phantom Odors

Any chance you can get in the roof void/ on the roof to see what kind (if any) of equipment is up there? Definately tell the landlord about it. If there is no kind of equipment up there maybe install a camera to record stuff. All depends on what kind of access you can get. Make notes of the...
  35. ninja_cat

FT changed my life.

Gotta admit - after reading my first FT I looked at life in a totally different way :) Love it and the only mag I subscribe to. Though I get strange looks from friends and collegues when I go of on one about how this UFO theory fits in with that one or different types of ghosts etc - they just...
  36. ninja_cat

Loyalty / Reward Cards

His :) I know :( thats why I always check my statement. :)
  37. ninja_cat

Loyalty / Reward Cards

They must hate me - my spendings is eratic and all over Europe...
  38. ninja_cat

Southern Baptist In Iraq

I think thats jouno lingo to say he's in control of that area. He certainly sounds like an ideal candidate for a bit of "friendly fire" :(
  39. ninja_cat

Loyalty / Reward Cards

Not unless somebody has secreted a bug in it :) (thinking of you're wife seriously intent on catching you down the pub :) )
  40. ninja_cat

Loyalty / Reward Cards

That's a good card :) Still have a sainsbury's reward card - not much use in France :), also had an Electronics boutique one, never really bothered me if they can track me - they do that through my credit card in anycase. Ps Hi Emmy - havn't seen you for ages :)
  41. ninja_cat

Three Silent Ships

No - Milton Keynes is worse than any WMD - you get trapped in the infernal roundabouts :mad: The report suggested the "ships" were being supplied by other ships coming out to meet them. Now theres an opportunity to sneak some forces on them to take the ships.
  42. ninja_cat

Three Silent Ships

Sat picks of WMD wouldn't exactly be revealing though i.e. this is a missile it may have Sarin in its war head, these are drums which may have VX gas in it. We wouldn't believe it. I think the three ships are either 1) A rogue report which went out on the wires and is unsubstantiated...
  43. ninja_cat

The Others

Finally watched it and enjoyed it. As to why it was made in Spain - it was mainly a Spanish production (judging by the credits).
  44. ninja_cat

Guy Who Predicted The WTC Attacks

In the TV doc. He painted a picture of a plane crash on a runway next to water. He felt it was a UK runway and City airport fitted the bill. We'll have to wait and see what happens. It was certainly an interesting documentary - pity he didn't keep records of all the pictures he has drawn so...
  45. ninja_cat

Three Silent Ships

This one seems to have completely fizzled out - maybe they are holding it in reserve when they need extra evidence?
  46. ninja_cat

Colossal Squid

They've known about it since the 20's - nobody told me! Not going diving down there then.
  47. ninja_cat

The Newby Church Ghost Photograph (AKA: *That* Ghost Photo)

Please stop posting that pic :) still scares me:eek!!!!:
  48. ninja_cat

Swaziland

err this seems to be lost in the news - 3 die in France in chemical explosion and Spain have just overtaken France in the rankings of national football teams (or something - not a big football fan) edit - and this as well http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_765014.html
  49. ninja_cat

Anyone read Arabic script?

probably says "who are you looking at" :)
  50. ninja_cat

Ownership Of The Word 'Fortean'

I thought FT won that one and the host handed the domain name back? I'm logged onto forteantimes.com at the mo not ftmag?
Back