• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. F

Twenty Three (The Number: Coincidences Involving '23')

Or 0.666666666667 if you have a 14 digit calculator :roll:
  2. F

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

We had the first programme of the transylvania MHlive on. I was only half-watching most of the time but at one point I'm sure they were trying to contact a name that was a slight variation of Sinead O'Connor! Thought it may be another Kreed Kafer type stunt. Anyone else spot this?
  3. F

Interview with God

If God is as puzzled by our behaviour and giving advice on how we can live our lives better, why did he smile so much? You'd have thought he would be at least miffed that we are not doing as well as he'd hoped. :wink: Nice photos, none of them had any man made structures in them though.
  4. F

Moving Photographs

Not had experiences with moving photos, but as a kid I used to have an emu glove puppet that sat on a chair near my bed. Sometimes whilst going to sleep I would swear that the puppet would turn round to look at me. Scared the crap out of me!
  5. F

Teen Finds Razor Blade in Chicken Sandwich

Aha! Thanks. That'll teach me for not searching the MB before posting. Sorry
  6. F

Teen Finds Razor Blade in Chicken Sandwich

On a similar type of rumour. A colleague of mine recently received an email warning of people placing contaminated needles upright on bus seats etc. I'm sure I've heard of this sort of rumour before and suspect it is an UL. Anyone heard of this? Cheers Floyd
  7. F

"Ghost Knocking Over Boxes" Caught On Video

The grey patch that is implied as being the ghost doesn't seem to move to me. Quite a leap of faith to describe it as a victorian lady IMO.
  8. F

Iceberg

A nice painting, but not a photo I think.
  9. F

Useful Applications

Thanks for the tips folks. :) I have anti-spyware stuff, but want to specifically use registry cleaning software. I shall try your suggestions. Many thanks 8) Floyd
  10. F

Useful Applications

Can anyone recommend a good registry cleaner program. I hear they can do wonders for speeding up boot times, reducing random crashes etc. Don't know whether this is true, but could be a good next step before I give in and wipe the hard drive and start again. cheers Floyd
  11. F

World's Youngest Criminals

Boy of 11 banned from driving for one year Unsure whether this is fortean or not. Thankfully it seems no-one has been hurt by this boy and the potential consequences of his actions are very serious. However I laughed out loud at the idea of banning him from driving 1 year, I thought it was...
  12. F

Bad Astronomy vs. Richard Hoagland

I would agree with you. It's easy to interpret blurry enlargements in photos. The face on mars photo is a case in point. (As an aside, Richard Hoagland asks what did Arthur C. Clarke and HG Wells know about Iapetus. I'd like to add what did George Lucas know about it, this is clearly the...
  13. F

Not long left now!

Good grief it's all so complicated isn't it? I know, let's just start again from year 1... hang on we'd better make that start at year 7 to avoid the same problem 6 years from now. Now that's the way to beat old nick 8)
  14. F

Not long left now!

The birthmark on Damian's head definitely looked more like 666 so they're wrong :roll: What makes 616 more 'mundane' than 666? (edited for poor spelling - shoddy work, must try harder)
  15. F

Not long left now!

Just been completing some paperwork (ah, the joy of it!) where I wrote in the date of 6th June next year. Wasn't until I wrote it on the paper that it struck me that that day will be 6/6/6. ARRRGHHH! The date of the beast!
  16. F

Ghost Hunters aka TAPS

It took me a few repeats of the clip to spot the shadowy shape, but an interesting one, I found it quite spooky really. From the speed that dust particles are travelling around the frame it looks as though it was quite breezy, may be a factor?
  17. F

Has Degsy really been exposed?

You may well be right, there could be any number of reasons for the glass throwing incident, paranormal or otherwise. My take on it is that it could have been staged and was meant to happen off camera and the camera hurriedly panning to the seance to Yvette screaming that the glass has been...
  18. F

Has Degsy really been exposed?

hilarious!! :rofl: I'll bet the producers were mighty peed off that Stuart threw the glass with the camera on him.
  19. F

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Apart from the ouija board bit when Stuart (the bald scouse bloke?) picked up the glass and threw it at the wall! When Yvette asked why he did it he could only say "errr..... I don't know" :lol: I can just imagine the producers screaming down his earphone 'Stuart you pratt, you were...
  20. F

WTC Demolition Conspiracy

As has been correctly pointed out, heat will transfer through the body of the steel beams by conduction so it's quite possible for any interconnected beams to heat up. As well as steel losing its strength when being heated it also expands. A free-standing 10m long beam will expand lengthways...
  21. F

Crossing You Fingers (Superstition)

interesting stuff. thanks I imagined that it may have had some sort of christian root, not pre-christian. cheers floyd (edited for poor spelling)
  22. F

Crossing You Fingers (Superstition)

Does anyone know the origins of why we cross our fingers for luck? Cheers Floyd.
  23. F

Precognitive Dreams

I've had those sorts of dreams all my life, and still do from time to time. However I tend to think that these dreams are not precognitive at all, just dreams of mundane things I do many, many times and sometimes trigger a memory of me having dreamed a similar event.
  24. F

Spaceship Capricorn Daily Messages

Spoilsport :wink:
  25. F

Star Wars

A new trailer to watch here. Looks quite good to me.
  26. F

FT195

Mine arrived this morning. Posted through the door at 5:30 this morning! I know this because my dog woke me up barking and 'helping' the nice postman by growling and pulling the post through the letterbox for him. The thing is I still got post delivered later this morning at the usual time...
  27. F

Static Electricity: Shocks & Other Effects Therefrom ...

New shoes? I got many static shocks, particularly when touching the car, after getting some new work shoes. (made me nervous every time I went to fill up with petrol!) Cheers Floyd
  28. F

The World's Dumbest Criminals

I guess this kinda fits here. Not so much a dumb criminal than a clever housekeeper. I think I'll try to set up something similar. Source (includes the webcam shots)
  29. F

Star Trek

Star Trek wasn't always TOS, just the later stuff .... Oh I see what you mean :wink:
  30. F

Star Trek

The fans are hitting back. Well the best of british to them. IMO Star Trek is getting stale, it would be interesting to see what would happen if a series really did come about that was funded by the fans! Source Cheers Floyd
  31. F

Disturbing Cartooons

Splendid stuff. Dangermouse was sheer class!
  32. F

Disturbing Cartooons

Anyone remember a show called 'Tomfoolery' from the late 70's I think. I remember little about it other than it was fast paced and very surreal. The only distinct thing I remember of it was the narrator kept interrupting the show saying 'I'm not doing anything until I get my hard-boiled egg'...
  33. F

Astronomical News

I'm rather upset about this :x Surely Hubble's got many more years service left. Source Cheers Floyd
  34. F

Laughter plays tricks with your eyes

:rofl: What a load of ....... Hang on the world's gone flat :)
  35. F

Arc Eye

Here's a definition of arc-eye that you can suffer by looking directly at the welding flame (through exposure of the eye to UV radiation) Source There's very little chance of getting arc-eye by looking at the sparks, but I guess you're increasing the risk of a spark flying into your eye...
  36. F

Arc Eye

Here's an HSE document regarding contact lenses and welding arc. It dispels the myth that welding arc dries out the tear film between the eye and the lens and makes the lens stick to the eyeball. This maybe what mythchaser was referring to. But confirms that if someone suffers arc-eye, wearing...
  37. F

Scarborough - UFO Hot Spot?

Quite agree. Fantastic isn't it. If you use binos, the orion nebula and andromeda galaxy are amazing with dark skies. :)
  38. F

Yes, I've spent many an hour stargazing on the moors, usually whilst staying at the Lion Inn. Like you, no UFO's seen.
  39. F

I'm in Whitby in a couple of weeks so I'll keep my eyes peeled too. Don't seem to get many flying down to Hull (as far as I'm aware) :) I'll keep looking though. Cheers Floyd
  40. F

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

To digress a little, heard this on five live this morning: Customer: I'll have a pack of helicopter crisps please. Shopkeeper: We don't have any of those. Customer: Never mind, I'll make do with plain. :)
  41. F

Coincidences

Source Cheers Floyd
  42. F

Nude News: The Naked Truth

What does that mean :eek!!!!:
  43. F

Robert Taylor / Dechmont Woods Incident (Scotland; November 1979)

So that settles it then. Everybody believes this one. ;)
  44. F

The Doomsday / Apocalypse Thread

Why was the taxi driver working? If I knew for an absolute fact that the world would end in seven months, there's no way you'd find me at work.
  45. F

Two-Legged Dog! Two-Legged Dog!

Just seen this article about it on BBCi Cheers Floyd.
  46. F

Taking a chance on physics

Thanks ......... I think ;) :)
  47. F

Taking a chance on physics

What's the Higgs Boson?
  48. F

Cold & Crystallized White Dwarf Stars = Gigantic Diamonds

Fascinating story this one, never heard of anything like this before. My question is with the recent trend in people naming stars for themselves and selling plots of land on the moon, how long till somenone claims ownership and mining rights? :rolleyes: Bags me first! :) Story from BBC...
  49. F

Strange Motorcycle Accidents

BBC News
  50. F

Classic Archive Merged: Sleep Paralysis?

I frequently get the shouting thing in dreams, and have been told by my partner that I make muffled noises as if I'm trying to speak or shout without moving my mouth. I guess it's similar to when I see our dog barking in his sleep without moving his mouth. Occasionally (thankfully very...
Back