• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

Strange family backgrounds

Do any of you have unusual family backgrounds? The reason I ask is because my dad just asked me if there was anything about elves on here. He then said it's because he says he could be a desendent from them. He said about his ears and told me to look in the mirror (we have similar ears)...
  2. L

End of the World Obsessions

Why are some religions (or parts of religions) and cults obsessed with the whole end of the world phenomenon? Some people have always been obsessed with it. Though before and during the millennium even more became obsessed. Many believe it is near or already here (but a slow process). Some...
  3. L

Witch Hunts Past and Present (?!)

What ways where used to find witches? What happened to them once they where found? Are people still hunting down witches, if so why? luce
  4. L

How Much Does A Full Moon Affect Behaviour?

Has anyone ever been affected by the cycle of the moon? In particular the full moon. Has it affected someone you know? Or does it affect any of your pets? If so how? I wish to know as it does on general affect me. luce
  5. L

Cults: Here Today, But What About Tomorrow?

Or what about the cults that once were around and now never really hard about? Like what happened to the Heavens Gate? The hale bop cult that comit suicide. Well 40 were ment to but one backed out because the was "told" to spread the word of the cult around. Where is that guy? Is he still...
  6. L

Predictions

Have you ever made any predictions that have come true? If so what was it about? Are you willing to tell us any that you have right now? Are you willing to try to predict the lottery numbers BEFORE they are drawn? luce P.S. Talking about the uk lottery which is on wednesday and saturday...
  7. L

Strange Folk (Not Obviously Human!)

Has anyone incountered or heard of a incounter with any strange folk (anyone not classed as a typical human)? lucydru
  8. L

Automatic Writing

Has anyone ever had any experiences with automatic writing? I have tried it myself on 2 ocassions but it never really worked. All I got was a lot of scribles and maybe the odd letter but nothing you could make any sense out of. I don't think I was in the right mind frame at both times...
  9. L

666 (Six Six Six): The Devil's Number? The Number Of The Beast?

Is 666 the devils number? Personally I don't think it is. I have never had a bad experience with it as a number. As I said in a different thread I have rang it up on my mobile and nothing strange has happened. lucydru
  10. L

UFO Diversity: Different Types / Shapes Seen Over The Years

What will the next level of ufo's be? What will the next level of ufo technology be? We have had cigar shaped crafts, saucer or disc shaped crafts and now it seems to be that flying triangles are the latest "thing" in ufo tech. Well we ever see ufo's that are actually living creatures...
  11. L

Marilyn Manson—What Do You Think?

Last night channel four ran a programme called The Devil Made Me Do It. It was how 3 young female italian satanists killed a nun and why they did it. As well as saying it was the fact the parents weren't involved with them they sited Marylin Manson as a influence. He denies this. One of...
  12. L

What's Your Local Urban Legend / Folklore / Myth?

Hello, was just wondering if any of you know of any urban legends, folklore or myth's for your local area? To start things off I will tell you mine (footy fans may of heard about this one). The monkey hanging - It's known by all the locals in my town that we once hung a monkey. A french...
  13. L

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

I did see a ufo once. My mum spotted it out of the bedroom window. I was lazing on the sofa watching the Heartbeat at the time (I recall it was around xmas, xmas eve I think, 9pm). My shouted me to say she could see something. I couldn't see it from downstairs so I went upstairs. When I looked...
  14. L

Disappearing magazines

Has anyone ever had there Fortean Times disappear? In the past week I haven't been able to find a copy of the mag I needed anywhere! And this isn't the first time it has happened. I can recall at least 3 times that a copy has gone missing that I wanted to read. Only for it to turn up later...
  15. L

What Is Scary These Days?

Ok peeps, I need your help, tell me what is scary these days. I ask because I don't know what is scary anymore. And the reason I ask is because I'm a bit of an amature writer and I want to write something scary in a fortean type style. lucydru
  16. L

help, i wanna see a ufo

Can anyone help me? I want to know what the best ways (if there are any) of attracting ufo`s to you. If there is let me know.
Back