• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

Stories attached to social outcasts

I saw that story - it was about a bloke called Mad Howard; I'm from that neck of the woods and remember him very well. As I recall it was only really by virtue of his Dad being a local business owner and quite wealthy and him having some kind of genetic condition that made him mature very...
  2. M

Godlikeproductions visited by shills from Homeland Security?

Yeah, they pinged back and it was a genuine DHS IP, but you're more than likely right Timble - there's no doubt that there's some sort of monitoring in place just in case nutters start making bomb threats etc. but I think if they were going to deliberately put misinformation and such like out...
  3. M

That Annoying HUM!

How far away are you from Dinorwig? That goes into 'reverse' in the wee hours, and given the mountains and valleys there could be some strong acoustics.
  4. M

Godlikeproductions visited by shills from Homeland Security?

What's interesting about the GLP one was another thread on there where someone had been posting from the same DHS IP, and were the ones to 'announce' the unencrypted Wikileaks files (the whole stash of diplomatic cables) and host the torrent to download it from! Jiggery abounds!
  5. M

Time Travel Suggested / Ascribed To Explain OOPArts & Other Odd Evidence

What's interesting is that some scientists might see this as proof that time travel is indeed possible. And so after seeing it, they ultimately develop time travel technology, which enables the woman to go into the past to be caught on camera. Oh now hold on
  6. M

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

I've got the tune from the "They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" video stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY The worst thing about it, is that I've adapted the words to "They're taking the pusscats to Meowrengard" and sing it to my cat, which makes it stick even more.
  7. M

Local & Dialect Words

Some nice ones here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/feature ... ingo.shtml
  8. M

A Cure For Cancer?

There's also the (separate) research of these two gentlemen : Harry Hoxsey - an elixir made from herbs and Royal Rife - using light and sound to treat illnesses (something I'd mused upon some years back, incidentally; looks like he beat me to it though) It would be easy to dismiss as...
  9. M

What the #$*! Do We Know!?

I think that "The Secret" is a 'better' version of this film, as it explains the whole 'law of attraction' and visualisation thing on a much more practical level, as opposed to what turn out to be Ramtha-inspired teachings. Both would appear to carry the same message though, that essentially...
  10. M

UnCon 2006

Cheer up, triumph in the face of adversity and all that! And come on, it is pretty funny :D
  11. M

The Ship

How does the anti-gravity drive work? Does it (as I have long suspected) require the use of cascading sub-harmonics as well as magnets?
  12. M

Do You Think Hallucinogens Can Lead To Paranormal Experiences?

Poor Bill. He was banned a looong time ago, so I wouldn't expect a reply anytime soon ;) It was a shame really, as the guy struck me as a totally mental genius. But on Bill's behalf: Yes, you're probably right :) Peace, Love and Serendipity xxxBillxxx (RIFTMBP)
  13. M

Holocaust Denial

Well, that's a subjective debate which could have no end. I'd have thought if you were talking with someone along such lines, then it'd become apparent if they actually meant one thing or another, in which case you could retort appropriately. Such thinking makes people scared to discuss...
  14. M

Holocaust Denial

DOH! That's the one! :wink:
  15. M

Holocaust Denial

I've always been of a mind that the Nazi holocaust was seen as a 'the buck stops here' kind of moment. Although the other incidents you mention were equally as awful, they were never perpetuated over tens of centuries on any specific group as has happened to Jewish people since, well, the birth...
  16. M

Predictions for 2006

GOLLOS HAS RETURNED TO GUIDE YOU : HEAR ME NOW, FOR SPAKETH I DOTH TO THEE 1. Ascendence to the 24th level of dimension hyper-consciousness will occur on the 7th day of the 7th month. 7+7=14 : 1+4 = 5 And lo : 1+4+5 = 10 : And thus 10 + 7 + 7 = 24. Herewith I decree so. On this day...
  17. M

Ongoing experiment to see if an UL actually works...

Curious, I never believed this to be an UL, because it has always worked for me in the past! It has to be a pretty big onion, cut in half and loosened slightly. I must say that it has no effect with acrylic paints, but certainly does work with emulsions. I recall that it was my grandad who told...
  18. M

David Icke & His Work

You know, I think you've totally missed the point about what I was trying to say. I'll quote my other post if that helps I wrote: The debate isn't about whether he's a nutter or not. In some respect he is, in some respects he isn't. What I take issue is with the representation of him in...
  19. M

Board Speed

Yeah, it seemed to fix itself earlier this evening. I'm not sure what could've cause it; one can only assume that one of BT's big super-duper internet controller things decided to conk out and reduce the bandwidth for lots of people. The effective downstream didn't seem too bad, but the upstream...
  20. M

Board Speed

Like, DUH, like Joined: 05 Aug 2002 Total posts: 1441 Location: Embassy Cymru, Nottingham Age: 29 Gender: Male
  21. M

David Icke & His Work

Just like I said in my first post.. interesting with his political observations, unless he starts harping on about multi-dimensional space reptiles from the 41st level of the ascended consciousness of the Zlof continuity or whatever. :wow: And certainly not anti-semitic.
  22. M

Board Speed

The whole internet seemed to be broken briefly during the late afternoon/early evening. I was getting lag and time-outs everywhere :(
  23. M

David Icke & His Work

I don't wind people up. People don't just don't like their comfortable populist views to be challenged. There's an element an absino lanam in trying to make people look at things in a deeper sense than as they're initially presented these days, owing to a misplaced faith in standard media...
  24. M

David Icke & His Work

Re: The Call of Cthullu Well that's just it, that's his theory, and you can't blame someone for having theories or ideas. I'm not an Ickesian Apologetic by the way, his reasoning is clearly flawed in some areas. What I am is a defender of people being allowed to say what they want to say...
  25. M

David Icke & His Work

Well, that first paragraph is not an indication of anti-semitism. He refers to the idea of some kind of secret cabal that betrayed its own people. Would criticising extremist Muslim or Christian groups on the basis that they are willing to sacrifice non-extremist Muslims or Christians for their...
  26. M

David Icke & His Work

Don't read those books, you'll just get yourself into a right old state ;) The big problem I have with Icke is that his political observations are actually quite interesting in respect of the links between individuals and organisations, but then he has to go and spoil it all by ranting on...
  27. M

Masters of Horror: The TV Series

I've had the good fortune to see the first four episodes of this, and whoa, modern classics in the making. These are as good as the Hammer shorts seemed at the time, but I suspect will stand up to future scrutiny a lot better, owing to the fact that it's not dodgy effects overload, but good...
  28. M

Threshold

Well, the pilot is great! But unfortunately it all goes downhill after that :( I fell asleep during the fifth episode, and all this talk about it being the new X-Files is way off the mark; it doesn't even come close. Basically, each episode is like a "Where's Wally" book, except it's "Where's...
  29. M

IT Depatments prop Windows up

Pietro's got it right. I'm at a local authority and our procurement people are absolutely clueless. I don't know where to begin in displaying their stupidity, but needless to say, when the 'Best Value' approach gets you bog standard Compaq P4 desktop unit for £1,500 a crack, then you realise...
  30. M

LOST

Because : There appears to be a great big electromagnet located in or around the bunker which lies underneath the hatch! The gun case key which Jack wears around his neck starts to float towards the wall whenever he walks near to it.
  31. M

U.S. Sizing Up Iran?

Woohoo! Here's a new one! It's like listening to a kid making a huge list of excuses for wanting to do something stupid. What next? "Iranians suspected of calling the Queen old and silly = The Daily Mail says ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 333246.stm "Iran...
  32. M

U.S. Sizing Up Iran?

It'll be interesting to see what the reaction will be if the 'Allies' do decide to take on Iran on the basis of 'concrete intelligence', owing to the fact that the secret services were eventually shown up to be.. stretching the truth, shall we say, re. the evidence of WMD in Iraq. If any new...
  33. M

Nuclear-Era Civil Defence Measures In The UK

Most town halls and civic centres have nuclear bunkers. Well, of sorts. The vast majority of them were decommissioned at the end of the Cold War and turned into storage areas as far as I know, but in the event of a surprise nuclear war, I'm sure they'd still be useable.
  34. M

Pink Floyd CD case conundrum?!

Ah, it takes a country mind to be able to empathise with that, so true. Re. foxhunting, well, as long as it's done with shotguns by people trained to kill with one hit, then fair enough - foxes are a verminous pest, no matter how sweet and innocent they look, but the idea of hunting with...
  35. M

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

Time for the annual sabbatical... see you all soon 8)
  36. M

Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About

I've often pondered over the issue of cures for illnesses being 'hidden' by pharmaceutical companies. Although it's easy to pooh pooh the idea off hand, it's a little like the 'water engine' being suppressed by oil companies i.e. inconceivable by moral and ethical standards, but completely...
  37. M

Useful Applications

Listen to radio stations from all around the world with this handy freebie : Internet Radio Tuner Some of the Nicaraguan ones are interesting :P
  38. M

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

"Unofficial Fortean Times Messageboard" would be ok. What kind of storage and bandwidth consideration would one need to run this messageboard elsewhere (complete with existing archive)? I know a bloke see..
  39. M

Paisley Patterns: The Mark Of The Devil

There's hope for me yet :cry:
  40. M

Pratchett vs Rowling

Agreed Liz, although I'm going to raise the ante and say that I can't stand either of them! Like you say, it's worth doffing your cap at them for what they have done for children's literature, but I have always maintained that adults have NO place reading such books and then coming to work and...
  41. M

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

Hmm.. the real spooks must've gotten annoyed with the fake ones stealing their thunder.. GhostStudy appears to be (possibly temporarily) no more.. That's a shame, there was some good wheat amongst the chaff on there. The only problem is(was) wading through orb/smoke pictures and obvious fake...
  42. M

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

I'd like to be Mr Snowman with a space again please :)
  43. M

Magic Using Astral Travel / Lucid Dreaming / Sleep

Since I became interest in astral travel (significantly different from OOBEs it should be told) when I was 15 I've conducted all sorts of sleep experiments on myself with some interesting results (the best one was deliberately not sleeping for 72 hours without the aid of any kind of stimulant...
  44. M

Intestinal Worms: Infestations; Alleged Benefits; Historical Treatments

Don't forget those crafty little pinworms! These little characters, although making their home intitially in the gut, eventually migrate to the bowel where their heads break off and move down to the rectum where they can cause extreme irritation. If your rectum is itching a lot (especially at...
  45. M

LOST

Good news. Channel 4 are going to start showing this from August 10th at 10pm! I've seen the first series and I can utterly recommend it 100, no, 1,000,000 percent! It's one of the best things to come out of the US for a long time.. it totally glues you to the set :shock:
  46. M

GIANT Catfish Caught Today!

Giant CAT caught today ... I'll get my coat.
  47. M

I need help

I think the pseudo-liberalism that pervades 'Western' society fools people into thinking that there is some kind of magic solution that will cure all the woes of the world. Well, apart from the total abolishment of any kind of currency, borders and the enforcement of the purest of communist...
  48. M

deep impact is the end near?

Well Brian ( http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22221 ) has predicted that a 1 mile wide object is going to whack into China.... :shock:
  49. M

Zatoichi - The Blind Swordsman

I've been recommending this film to my friends, as it's just so watchable and nice! I'm not sure if it's just me, but it comes across as a super-violent family friendly film! Although all the flying limbs and blood sprays are CGI, they still look effective, but it's just the way Zatoichi just...
  50. M

Global Frequency pilot

Just got this from torrentspy; from all accounts the networks turned it down and it is no more, but it's a great little show (I don't know how faithful it is to the comic). There's even a Fortean Times namecheck in there :) Basic rundown.. a global network of agents who investigate weird...
Back