• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

A Haunted Police Station- for a change!

Readers will forgive me- I'm posting in my partners account, but I thought I would relate another strange tale, following my experience as a young student with a haunted hospital. Some time later, for better or worse, I ended up as a regular PC in a large police force which shall remain...
  2. L

A spectral tea break in a haunted hospital

Back in 1997 I was a 21 year old college student studying Art and Design at a well known college in the North of England. As part of our studies, our year had to organize an exhibition, to demonstrate we had the practical skills and knowledge to do so in the real world. Eventually we managed...
  3. L

feigning vomiting to put off potential attackers

Yesterday, 3rd August 2011 during our team meeting, we went through the lone workers risk assessment. One of the key pieces of advice was when aggressively confronted, to feign vomiting, as potential attackers are put off by vomit. I believe it was actually actually said "rapists don't like...
  4. L

A Code To Speed Up Pedestrian Crossing Lights

My partner is insistant that if you press the button at a pedestrian crossing in a certain sequence, the lights will change straight away. He believes he was told this at some boy scout thing when he was a kid, and has believed it ever since (though it has never worked once when i've been...
  5. L

drug rape UL

This has all the classic marks of a UL to me. What do you think? I recieved it from a friend via e mail who wanted to check if it was genuine. i said no and i stand by my statement! "Sorry if you've already had this but please pass it on anyway A woman at a nightclub on Saturday night...
  6. L

Do you know of any ULs involving children?

Have got the one regarding LSD laced tattoos. I need to find some ULs that either portray children as evil monsters, or innocent victims, got a project to do about the medias portrayal of children and i thought a good urban legend or two would help get the point across. Thanks for any...
  7. L

Old Lady Found Dead Covered In Green Slime

there was a letter to FT from a police officer regarding a call he had responded to where he had found an old lady dead, covered in green slime. I have looked through my back issues but i cannot find the original letter ( i am not v organised!), though it was in a 2003 issue. Has there been...
  8. L

Odd News: John Cravens Newsround & Other Sources

when i was about nine(roughly 1888/89). i saw an edition of john cravens newsround which featured some bizarre disaster. When i asked my friend the next day if they had seen it- no one had, or had even heard of the odd disaster. Sadly i cannot remember what the disaster was. Has anything...
  9. L

What Is It About Occultists & Holy Island?

recently found out my bible bashing fundamentalist father used to be in some sort of Satanic Cult. He apparently had some wierd stuff happen to him at Holy Island which converted him to hard core christianity. What is it about Holy Island? His wierd experiences happened in the late 70s and...
Back