• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. K

Adventures In Sleep Paralysis

I meant to contribute to this thread ages ago, but never quite got round to it. About 25 years ago I experienced the classic "hag" sitting on my chest and feeling unable to breathe - very vivid and frightening. I slept with the light on for days afterwards. Nothing similar until a couple of...
  2. K

The Personality Of Towns & Villages

This is something I've often thought about as I frequently travel to the sort of post industrial towns that I grew up in. The most striking thing is how unhealthy people look, both physically and mentally. I tend to think it's a combination of post industrial decline and a succession of neo...
  3. K

Global Warming & Climate Change: Humans' Reactions & Responses

Out of interest, where are 'young kids' saying that? How many are? Any examples? Nobody is to b!ame. The current younger generation are no worse or better than yours.
  4. K

Global Warming & Climate Change: Humans' Reactions & Responses

Plenty of replies from other Extinction Rebellion groups have denounced this post. Given what we know of Twitter, a malicious post by an opponent of XR shouldn't be out of the question.
  5. K

Object In The Sky Over Elstree (June 2019)

Aren't they dangerous to air traffic? Where I saw them must be some of the busiest skies in the world.
  6. K

Interesting stuff. I don't know anything about weather balloons, but would you expect to see more than one in close proximity?
  7. K

Very similar to one that a friend took at a cricket match we were playing in at Burton Court in Chelsea in 2008. You can see at least 3 or 4 objects seemingly at different heights. The objects just seemed to come in to focus suddenly, but didn't appear to be moving. I would love to know what...
  8. K

Yorkshire Ripper

Indeed. The concentration on the letters & tapes was pure vanity on Oldfield's part.
  9. K

Yorkshire Ripper

Wow! A post that has travelled through time from the 1970s!
  10. K

Yorkshire Ripper

Diane Simpson was a minor celebrity in Yorkshire at the time from her appearance on a show called Lifelines. The premise was that an astrologer, a palmist and a graphologist had to guess the identity of a celebrity guest. She was the least inaccurate of the 3. The documentary is excellent...
  11. K

Ghost Tales From Everyday People

My Mum as a child used to have to give up her bedroom when the family had visitors. Years later my Grandma told her that two visitors had quietly told her that they had seen the figure of an old woman in the room at the bottom of the bed. Neither knew each other. My Mum has never seen a ghost...
  12. K

Rats! Rats! Rats!

Many years ago my late father told me a similar story about my uncle, a policeman, who was patrolling near the River Irwell in Salford. Pretty much the same story word for word but it was a colleague who pulled him to one side.
Back