• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

Professor captures fairies on camera

He got the cancer after the fairies... but thank you, nonetheless. He seems a nice guy, and even I'm not sure his pictures are real, to be honest. I don't even think he knows, for sure.
  2. T

I've actually got to know him on facebook now and he's actually a nice person. He's an artist and used to be in a new wave band, the Three Johns. He has cancer now. I don't think he has been trying to take the mickey out of anyone or anything, just shared some photos and seems happy to let...
  3. T

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/615895- ... s/?photo=2
  4. T

He seems very serious about it, to be honest. I think the April fool thing is a painful coincidence.
  5. T

Haunted Games?

Yes, Youtube, but this *is* sort of creepy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ker8gppRbdM Could spooks/'things' enter technology? (I'm not saying it has, of course!)
  6. T

Newly-Built Haunted Houses?

'I've never really quite understood why spirits should be bound by location in the first place.' I suppose ghosts are largely nostalgic things. I always wanted to be a ghost. Quite a common desire, i suppose.
  7. T

Coincidences

Last night we watched Eyes without a Face - in it a man was killing girls for their faces to help his daughter. He had dogs in cages to experiment on. After this we watch the next episode of Fringe we're up to, only to find a man experimenting on caged dogs to try and find a cure for his wife's...
  8. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

The new silurian faces bug me, too. We've seen all these monsters before. Just make cheap new ones, beeb! It's how you film them, not how well they're made.
  9. T

FT295

i quite liked it, too.
  10. T

What Is The Best Way Of Finding Lost Objects?

Yesterday I mentioned horses and did an involuntary 'reign jerking' gesture... I have no idea why. My son wondered what the heck I was doing.
  11. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I want Pond wiped from my memory. And Rory - I can't seem to remember him reacting to anything or indeed eliciting any kind of human response from me.
  12. T

What Is The Best Way Of Finding Lost Objects?

You see, in theory there are infinite angels and i'm sure a lot of them are twiddling their thumbs...
  13. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I didn't like the Martha eps - she was a bit wishy washy. I sort of liked donna though. Like I said, RTD was frustrating but when he was good he was very good. I think i've enjoyed about five episodes by Moffatt in the new run.
  14. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Oh, he was by no means perfect, but his seasons were still generally exciting. I hated the petering out of Rose's tenure and those god-awful specials, though. The bit with the Daleks coming out of that pod to fight the cybermen was one of my best telly memories ever.
  15. T

Coincidences

Last night we watched an old episode of Merlin. In it Merlin and Arthur discover a cave of crystals and an old man who seems to be able to know everything. Later in the night i watch an old episode of Fringe in which they discover a boy in an underground chamber who seems able to know...
  16. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

The latest Torchwood and Who 'specials' (ahem) aside, RTD gave us some of the most exciting Who stories there ever has been, and a good run of approximately three solid years. He had the common touch, too, which can often be sniffed at but which is very important with these things.
  17. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Moffatt has delivered, in essence, the biggest collection of long trailers for a show that never finally aired.
  18. T

Coincidences

Last night I posted a clip of The Incredible Shrinking Man on Facebook. A few minutes later I go looking to see if there are episodes of Fortean TV on youtube. The first clip in the first one I find has a story about a man who shrank to 11 inches.
  19. T

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

What a dour, disappointing series the last few have been. A few stand-out eps but that was it. I think it needs finishing or radically changing. Moffatt has turned out to be a dire producer, I think. Shame - Matt Smith is good. (God was I glad to see the back of Amy and Rory, though)
  20. T

Experiences With The Ouija Board (IHTM)

What question!? :)
  21. T

Experiences With The Ouija Board (IHTM)

We tried using a ouija board at Flamingoland a few years ago and came to the odd realisation the thing talking to us was using 'txt spk', taking out vowels and stuff. The spirit felt very dim, unfocussed. But at one point the glass was moving with my hand alone - I swear on my life it was...
  22. T

Strange figure caught in holiday video.

This horse video is remarkably similiar to this story. Go to 5.41, where it begins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajpSsMwOCuU
  23. T

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

Not Arthur Ransome then.
  24. T

FT295

I have to say I've been won round to Kenneth Anger, and Aleister Crowley. The latter's quote about drugs and reality was wonderful. As a result I've gone off searching the net for nuggets about them and found them not as unpleasant/monstrous as I'd previously believed. The Hexham Heads sort of...
  25. T

Messages from the Universe (or God, or the inner self..)

i meant to say that images from comics and game cards feel charged with an unexpected 'significance'. Even characters in films and books feel meaningful, like we know them. I'm sure it's why some films work and others don't, when the mix is right. Didn't Lucas use this approach with the early...
  26. T

Messages from the Universe (or God, or the inner self..)

I've recently been watching various fellow internet folk falling out over their 'silly' beliefs. For me, if you believe in something you can't help it, and unless it impinges on the lives of others I seriously don't think you should worry about it. Was reading in the new FT (November) Paul...
  27. T

Visited By A Fairy

There's a separate thread for this stuff! ;)
  28. T

Abandoned Buildings As Time Capsules

D'oh! It's that old? Sorry about that... Feel free to delete, folks. :(
  29. T

Abandoned Buildings As Time Capsules

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7664369.stm
  30. T

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

Once at work a chap said to me he found Chloe Moretz sexy when she was playing that superhero girl in Kick Ass. Are statements like this tentative feelers? Or is it quite normal to find some kids sexy? What is the boundary - can it even be so clear?
  31. T

Ghosts, Voices and individuals with certain mental illnesses

I did actually stop breathing in order to check that! No - wasn't me. It completely baffled me. All I can think is that it was some echo of my son in that room. But why? I have made ghosts appear before, by thinking about them/being scared. Maybe it's just that. Just strange i wasn't scared, or...
  32. T

Strange figure caught in holiday video.

I'm quite convinced by the video. It actually looks exactly like my wife's dead mum. Strange way to reach me, though.
  33. T

Ghosts, Voices and individuals with certain mental illnesses

I'm in the middle of being assessed for autism, ADD and borderline Personality disorder (they're trying to decide which it is!) and today, alone in the house, I heard the sound of breathing in the living room. It lasted on and off for almost quarter of an hour, and was clear as day. I was in no...
  34. T

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMdBh09zP8U
  35. T

Visited By A Fairy

Stuneville - I love roaming these old halls on a night. There's some real treasure in there.
  36. T

Visited By A Fairy

the spelling sort of adds to the authenticity though, doesn't it? I was really moved by this one.
  37. T

The Hexham Heads

Thing is, I do believe that the heads created 'magic' causes and triggered off the strange events. We have a family friend who grew up in Liverpool and who claims to be psychic (though I think he's a bit embarrassed to talk about it so rarely does). He said he once saw a white figure watching...
  38. T

Strange Happenings in Our House

I agree mytho...
  39. T

Help: Real Stories of Fairies Or Anything Weird

So sad that fantastic stories like this are just buried away. Thanks, Zoltan.
  40. T

Visited By A Fairy

Amazing story.
  41. T

A spectral tea break in a haunted hospital

I want to hear the 'Yorkshire lad's more disturbing adventures'! As for the sound of two women and a trolley; I often think a ghost is not what it is, but what was seen - we aren't seeing a ghost, we are seeing something someone once saw/heard. We are tuning into the viewer not the apparition...
  42. T

And mice? Or Rats? (I am just clutching at straws here!)
  43. T

Talcum powder or flour on the floor around the wires? Then you can see what movements took place. And i know you haven't said if you had kids, but might a child be fed up of seeing you on your phone? Mine are of me. :(
  44. T

Ageing & Growing Old

Death is bloody awful. I seriously do think it's so horrible I'd rather we didn't exist in the first place.
  45. T

Pets in the microwave

Like I've said on another thread, why haven't they made some kind of animal detector in these things? These stories are awful.
  46. T

Jimmy Savile

That kid's home is starting to feel like it was advertised in the bloody papers as a stop-over for perves at this rate.
  47. T

Dreaming the Afterlife

I used to be a home help for a while, and one day this old lady told me how she was visited by her dead father's ghost sitting on the end of her bed telling her he was coming to say goodbye and that he had to go away to a special school to 'learn some things'. She sounded very convincing.
  48. T

Strange Crimes

Oh, it doesn't exist - I was just hoping. :( What if they make a plate that reacts to violent movement?
Back