• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Spookdaddy

Strangeness At Altitude (Planes, Aircraft & Balloons)

Also, strikes me that the Cosmic Joker missed a trick here: Family question official story that man mowing lawn was killed after being hit on head by firearm dropped by truck driver strapped to helium balloon powered lawn chair flying at 16 000 feet. A spokesman stated: "I mean seriously, come...
  2. Spookdaddy

Strangeness At Altitude (Planes, Aircraft & Balloons)

'Drug smugglers in the area' sounds like the kind of deus ex machina that gets dusted off fairly regularly in the context of violent death / unexplained motive. It's not impossible, of course - but it's too easy a catch all to be taken at face value without some sort of supporting evidence. As...
  3. Spookdaddy

Self-Immolation

Current status: "not good, but he's alive."
  4. Spookdaddy

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

Christ on a bike! We truly are in the post-parody era. And what the f...what's he wearing? Has he just got back from bombing Dresden in Flash Gordon's spaceship?
  5. Spookdaddy

Mysterious Creatures In Folklore From South America

In regard to the comparison of legends in relation to feline apex predators, it might be worth trying to track down a copy of Patrick Newman's book, Tracking the Weretiger: Supernatural Man-Eaters of India, China and Southeast Asia. To quote myself from somewhere else, the book: I’m...
  6. Spookdaddy

Looking For People Who've Seen Fairies

Having recommended the play, and this particular recording of it, more than once - most recently in the last few weeks I think - I'm aware that I may be slipping into fanboy territory, but for an example of how I imagine the mood and tone of a 'real' fairy story should be, I would recommend the...
  7. Spookdaddy

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

@Robbrent's observation is true of intentional disappearance, but I've always suspected that it's much easier to disappear by accident than we ever really credit. In fact, I can't help wondering if it might be easier to go missing by accident than to do so on purpose. The thing with intentional...
  8. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

Tu uteris googlius translatatorium? Okay, maybe some of that's not actually Latin. 'appen, surree.
  9. Spookdaddy

Expressing Measurements Via Analogies & Comparisons

As I said back on post #296, I don't believe that analogous comparisons are a bad thing per se - and I suspect most of us use them quite a lot without even thinking about it (although I dare say few of us use a giraffe as any sort of datum, unless maybe we own one). More than that, I think they...
  10. Spookdaddy

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

It contains a mixed bag of subjects from the author's years as a reporter. The Sherlock Holmes reference has clearly thrown some reviewers. It refers to the subject of the first article - not the whole book - and it's actually better understood by the subtitle: The Strange Death of a Sherlock...
  11. Spookdaddy

Serial Killer Films & TV

Bearing in mind that I know nothing much about Korean movies or actors. He's good - got the whole sinister thing down pat, but in a pretty subtle way I thought. However, I thought Yoo Ah-in was stand out as the slightly bemused working class lad trying to negotiate decidedly unfamiliar...
  12. Spookdaddy

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

David Grann's collection of essays and articles - The Devil and Sherlock Holmes: Tales of Murder, Madness and Obsession - is also very much worth a read.
  13. Spookdaddy

Serial Killer Films & TV

In reference to Korean movies. One of the finest films I've watched in ages totally ambushed me because I came to it without any prior knowledge, aside from the fact that I knew it had received some good reviews. It also makes it impossible to recommend by name without negating those particular...
  14. Spookdaddy

O, To Be In England...

The explanation I've seen before is that the effect is an optical illusion and that the apparently higher shadow is actually below the contrail but viewed through the thin layer of haze (so thin, that it may not be apparent to an observer), onto which the shadow has been cast.
  15. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

I learnt my Latin at a comprehensive school. Kids from comps tend not to look down on others because of their education - let's face it, there's not a whole lot to look down on.
  16. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

Because as a quote it's generally known through it's Latin form. Like, for instance, honi soit qui mal y pense is known in it's Anglo-Norman, or hasta la vista by the Spanish. In all honesty - I'm not sure what the problem is here.
  17. Spookdaddy

Baltimore Bridge Accident

I'm pretty sure I've read that the Federal Government has jurisdiction over any crime (and for crime, read 'potential' crime) that occurs at sea within US waters. If that's correct and - as is likely - there is an investigation in regard to potential negligence, then maybe it's not so strange...
  18. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

Yup. Precisely why I like it. Ideally, we should try to live life like that. (Although if my own singing is anything to judge by, the noise would be horrendous - so maybe best left as a metaphor.)
  19. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

De gustibus non est disputandum.
  20. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

We are on a thread about quotations. As a quotation, it may not be Shakespearean in presentation, but the image itself is one I very much like. Doesn't mean anyone else has to.
  21. Spookdaddy

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

The Scottish one.
  22. Spookdaddy

Great Quotations

My favourite Manc related quote is from the French writer of - amongst other things - travel guides, Jean Bailhache (I don't think it's pronounced 'ball-ache'): Manchester revels in its daily life like a man singing in his bath...
  23. Spookdaddy

One slightly cheeky thought I had. There's been an awful lot of film work taking place in Scotland the last few years. It would be cool if some bored film crew with access to a nice post prod editing suite decided to have some fun on an off day - and thereby created something with more of a...
  24. Spookdaddy

It's hard to tell from the footage, but although that water is relatively fast moving, such rivers often include pooled areas which can contain concentrations of fish numbers - and if the river is part of a salmon run, all the better. It may also simply be the route from one fishing habitat to...
  25. Spookdaddy

The whole sequence of apparent movement also starts earlier than I stated in my original post - around about the 0:40 mark.
  26. Spookdaddy

Let's face it...yup. But, as I said in my first post, I actually quite admire this one for at least having a little subtlety. It seems odd to me that it doesn't seem to have gone even a little bit viral compared to some of the utterly lazy trash that does. But - depressingly - maybe that's...
  27. Spookdaddy

Oh yes, lots of red flags - but still quite fun, not least because it's not as appallingly shit as most of the offerings out there. And the channel name references the boletus genus of mushroom, which includes porcini. The name porcini is apparently derived from the Latin for little pig...
  28. Spookdaddy

One thing I'd add. To address a very common and legitimate question in regard to such imagery - the person who took this footage was apparently looking to film otters, and nature photography is one area where it is absolutely legitimate practice to have a camera pointing at not much at all for...
  29. Spookdaddy

First thing: This is really not a set up for a jump scare. I’ve had this bookmarked for a while but don’t recall how I first came across it. I haven’t seen it posted here before, but it’s been around for at least nine years - and I’m not usually a fan of such stuff so may have missed it – so...
  30. Spookdaddy

David Icke & His Work

31. Spookdaddy

David Icke & His Work

"I think you are a bunch of prats And what you're doing...is a bloody disgrace. You bloody idiots." Well, I'm sure that all has Baal quaking in his sandals. I thought you needed lots of Latin, a bell, a bible, a candle and some power chords to fight the forces of Legion - I didn't realise...
  32. Spookdaddy

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

I do have a bit of a headache. Does that count? That looks like a snow globe for people who have mortgaged any meaningful application of the lessons of Christ on this earth against the outside chance of appearing in a scene from ET when none of it matters any more. Minus the bicycles, of...
  33. Spookdaddy

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

'The Indians were a peculiar people in their notions'. Ironic really. I suppose old Mr Cackler could have had no idea how a very significant proportion of his own descendants would significantly outpeculiar any peculiarity the Native American peoples may have possessed. How depressing it is...
  34. Spookdaddy

Let's be honest, it all started in the realms of fantasy. It's a wonder these window-lickers don't boil themselves to death trying to make coffee in the morning.
  35. Spookdaddy

Spammers' Gate

That - my friends - is what happens inside a nun's head when they turn the lights out. Either that or the Cocteau Twins have been on the Buckfast again.
  36. Spookdaddy

To be fair, in 1999 everyone was kind of distracted byh the whole Y2K thing. Remarkable really - the few of us who weren't killed by falling aeroplanes should now be living in wicker huts and eating frogs. And we barely even had an internet to make shit up on back then. Well, I suppose we did -...
  37. Spookdaddy

The last thing we need is them breeding.
  38. Spookdaddy

Sprinting Spooks? (Swift-Running Ghosts / Entities / Figures)

I probably kind of muddied the water myself here. I brought up Stocksbridge bypass on this thread in relation to a specific encounter which allegedly included the elements of odd and rapid movements. For more general Stocksbridge related stuff there's a dedicated Stocksbridge Bypass Ghost...
  39. Spookdaddy

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

We have both a: Ley Lines, thread, and one titled: UK Ley-Line Map. Although the latter is based on a specific question in regard to the general subject, seems to me that it soon turns into a duplicate of that general subject. If anyone of the appropriate pay grade thinks that they are...
  40. Spookdaddy

Ley Lines

Yes, well worth a read. And the thing with ley lines - as bobbins as they might be, I do wonder how many archaeologists and local historians - both professionals and those with an amateur interest in the subjects - had their initial interests piqued by a youthful dalliance with ley lines. I...
  41. Spookdaddy

Mysterious Streaks Of Light Over Southern California

Although this recent example appears to have caused more of a media stir, it's very similar to other examples of space junk returning home: From just over a year ago - California again: From 2020 - Victoria, Australia: Queensland 2021:
  42. Spookdaddy

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

In all seriousness though - without any obvious cause or context, odd, repetitive, jerky human movements can be most disconcerting. There's a small canon of ghost lore where such movements occur. It's an element in at least one of the Stocksbridge Bypass Ghost sightings. It may also be...
  43. Spookdaddy

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

And thus an internet meme is born. Step aside Slenderman, here comes the (insert scary chord sequence) HokeyCokeyTwins!!
  44. Spookdaddy

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

We have a thread dedicated to that particular piece of shudderstock. Falling Body Photograph.
  45. Spookdaddy

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

I googled 'Texas' and 'family photo' and will now not sleep for a week. I didn't find the image you were talking about, mind.
  46. Spookdaddy

Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

Yes, he's kind of cool. Although he also takes me back to being a schoolboy in the 70's, when - at least around my way - any such posturing within the range of a group of scruffy ragamuffins in ill-fitting school uniforms was likely to invoke a chorus of, 'Ooooh - you're hard!' - delivered...
  47. Spookdaddy

Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

Something that happens every year around the beginning of April? Bit of a clue - the product code is, apparently, AF0104. Although I think they are only (not) available on the app. Or...is it to do with something that happens every year around the beginning of April?
  48. Spookdaddy

Highgate Cemetery

I’ve always been interested in the way our direct physical environment might affect our psychology, and the possibility that concrete realities may act on us in such a way as to create a sense of the weird and the eerie, possibly thereby making us more susceptible to the suggestion of...
  49. Spookdaddy

Highgate Cemetery

It's worth mentioning - because looking back through to the start of the thread I think there might be some confusion, and in my recent posts, I didn't make clear what side I was talking about - that the cemetery is effectively split into two sections by Swain's Lane, both of which sections are...
  50. Spookdaddy

Highgate Cemetery

In reference to my last post. Although I’ve been meaning to go back for years the decision to go that day was more or less spontaneous. I've lived and worked in London, on and off, since the 90's - staying mainly in the East End, and south of the river. North London, despite being the locus of...
Back