• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. P

Vitrified Forts? (Scottish Hill Forts; Inca Structures, Etc.)

Unfortunately I can't remember where I read this, but someone has postulated that the source of the heat which vitrified the forts was an array of mirrors concentrating the sun's heat in the same way that Aristotle is said to have burned Roman ships at the siege of Syracuse. At least some of...
  2. P

Out Of Body Experiences (OBEs / OOBEs)

For those who are interested in experiencing astral travel I recommend getting a couple of friends to try out the procedure described in "Windows of the Mind" by G.M. Glaskin, which is said to enable you to "travel" in both space and time. As the book itself says, there's no drugs or hypnosis...
  3. P

Astral Projection

For those who are interested in experiencing astral travel I recommend getting a couple of friends to try out the procedure described in "Windows of the Mind" by G.M. Glaskin, which is said to enable you to "travel" in both space and time. As the book itself says, there's no drugs or hypnosis...
  4. P

The Murmuration Behavior Of Starlings

Until a couple of years ago I lived in a house which faced Wimbledon Common. Over my 10 years there I saw murmurations half a dozen times - sometimes I would watch them for over a quarter of an hour. What a pity it never entered my mind to film them!
  5. P

My Theory On The Afterlife

Hi Xanatic, It certainly could. Another useful thing about this approach is that it provides an answer to the conundrum of why ghosts always appear wearing clothes. If every time we dress our Dark Matter analogues dress up in Dark Matter analogue clothes then this is what one would expect...
  6. P

My Theory On The Afterlife

Let's do a thought hypothesis and go a bit beyond conventional physics. According to some theories there exists Dark Matter which is much more abundant in the universe than ordinary matter and interacts only weakly with it. However it does interact and therefore presumably a bit of ordinary...
  7. P

I haven't seen this photo before

Sorry if this photo has been discussed before - looking thru the thread it looks like quite a few links have got broke over the years. Presumably this one is a mock-up - it looks far too "fresh" to be genuinely old and the pteranodon looks like a fake - but at least it tries to include...
  8. P

Learning/Developing "Psi" Abilities From Books?

Although, especially as I teenager, I did read a lot of books on how to astral travel etc. only 2 book that "worked" for me. One was G. M. Glaskin's “Windows of the Mind: the Christos Experience", which is directed at reliving past lives, but in practice frequently turns into something very...
  9. P

I saw a Witch

Yep, This is very familiar. Over 50 years ago my sister and I saw a witch (black coat, pointy hat, broomstick, sitting on top of next door's house laughing at us. We ran away. We still remember and talk about it
  10. P

China's Abandoned Wonderland

Dunno about Bulgaria, but the reason they don't finish houses in Poland is because once you put a roof on the house you have to pay property tax. So they just build a new storey every so often as each child in the family grows up and waterproof the floor of the (unfinished) top storey.
  11. P

curious incident

Hi Angel, I had a very similar experience to your footsteps on the stairs story, which turned out to have a rational explanation. When I was a boy, in the early evenings in winter the whole family would hear footsteps going up the stairs when there was no-one there. This really used to...
  12. P

Folklore Beings Still in Action Today

Hi escargot, Bit much to expect a teenage girl living in the country to carry a camera around! The "children" do not seem to signify anything in mythology. A typical report in the book I mentioned would go: "I was mowing in the cornfield when I saw a naked child about 6 years old. The...
  13. P

Devils Footprints Assistance

In "In the Life of a Romany Gypsy" by Manfri Frederick Wood, a detailed description is given of how one band of gypsies made the tracks to scare a rival band of gypsies into thinking the Devil was abroad so that they would leave the area.
  14. P

Folklore Beings Still in Action Today

I don't know whether this is in the right section - mods please move as necessary. This account of a weird event was told to me yesterday by a young lady as having happened to her a few months ago. She used to live in rural Poland. That day she had gone for an all-day bicycle ride with a...
Back